The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Well yeah, that would be all that's left for a person to do at that point and it would definitely alleviate the need to "wait and see" approach we take hoping that Hasbro will eventually make said character.

The downside of them ending it would also mean no more fodder, and we'd be forced to buy 15 year old figures that are often 4 times retail. lol
Not to mention having to scour those custom sites for parts that often wind up costing the price of 6-8 figures just to make one, so it's certainly not a cheaper route by any means.

Reaction score
If 3.75" ended tomorrow, I would be disappointed, but I'd likely start spending more money on customizing the 'missing' figures. Cantina aliens, skiff guards, and anyone that 'needs' to be in a display. I wouldn't and won't buy a new scale.
I feel the same - long live TVC, but if / when it dies, I'll be leaving the brand behind if there isn't a 3.75 replacement. My customizing days have slowed heavily, but I'll still slap together the characters I want, if Hasbro fails us. I'm still a bit optimistic, we helped carry the brands success during the non-movie years especially (plus buying for all the kids in our lives), so I think they'll continue to provide figures in the heritage scale, as long as we're willing to buy them. That being said, Retro will never be a replacement for realistic movie figures - they're a fun exclusive at a wave per year, but if that's all they offered in the scale, it would not suffice.

Reaction score
It's not like "all" TLC molds were lost though, it's only the ones that were stored in specific factories. Which is unfortunate that all the "good" TLC stuff seems to have been lost meanwhile the old garbage from 2006 still lingers. It really is too bad because there were some great figures in that line that now can never be replaced, just wish we knew the extent of the loss so we could keep our repack wish list in check. lol

Seems to have worked out well for DC with the switch to 7" McFigures, so I don't think it would do too much damage if 3.75" went away. Not that I wouldn't miss it terribly, but it's clear with the success of TBS and now DC that the "masses" in general aren't too beholden to one scale.
When did DC have a dedicated 3.75" that they switched from? If anything they have a 3.75" line more than ever with Spin Masters...

Anyway if TVC ended tomorrow I be buying whatever the next 3.75" line is. TVC and 3.75" are not mutually exclusive.

Reaction score
I think Hasbro still has few good years left of simply updating core OT heroes, specifically ANH Han, Leia, Luke and arguably Chewy as well as Ben Kenobi. Once those characters are redone in their main outfits they might also venture out into a few of the alternates as well as redo a couple of the secondary characters. Such as the upcoming Lando, and as soon as all the 96ers are done they might finally fold up the tents. Just updating those core characters could likely take another ten years alone when mixed with the new characters and repacks. So it's entirely possible that I won't even live to see the line truly end.

When did DC have a dedicated 3.75" that they switched from? If anything they have a 3.75" line more than ever with Spin Masters...
I was speaking of the switch from Mattel's 6" to McFarlane's 7", although that was a very minor change in scale and by two separate companies. But it was enough to keep me from buying anymore DC figures and abruptly ended my 6' Justice League shelf. TBH they've yet to truly nail DC in the 4" scale IMO. I'm not into the style of the new Spin Master offering, and while I liked the previous DCIU there were some odd choices made with POA with certain figures later in the line that just seemed to make them feel spindly.

Reaction score
Well yeah, that would be all that's left for a person to do at that point and it would definitely alleviate the need to "wait and see" approach we take hoping that Hasbro will eventually make said character.

The downside of them ending it would also mean no more fodder, and we'd be forced to buy 15 year old figures that are often 4 times retail. lol
Not to mention having to scour those custom sites for parts that often wind up costing the price of 6-8 figures just to make one, so it's certainly not a cheaper route by any means.
This is so true! It costs LIMBS (so to speak) to customize nowadays, with each special part (stuck in or on some expensive figure you don’t really need all of) forcing you to dig deeper and deeper into your wallet.

Getting all those parts (head sculpts and torsos and even just that one head gear or whatnot) can be really difficult.

And if you’re like me (and I pray you’re not), you just try to save time by buying somebody else’s customs, which can be almost impossible to afford. A completed TVC-level custom was $30 four years ago, and now it’s like $80. Some are $150. I generally buy whatever I want whenever, but these customs are starting to price me out!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am not a fan of all the repack figures, even if they have phot I real face deco. I am more disappointed in Hasbro’s promise for smart repacks. We haven’t had many. An upgrade in soft hood materials, although an improvement, is not my idea of a smart repack. The new tusken raider is more like it but true smart repacks are few and far in between. Ceremonial Luke was one. Not many others that have actually had smart improvements made to the actual figure (sculpt). Let’s go Hasbro!

Reaction score
I feel like a smart repack is something that’s selling for crazy money on the aftermarket. The weird thing is I think 3.75” Black Series had way smarter repacks than TVC has had thus far. They repacked almost all of the EU TVC figures that were in high demand. They repacked Ahsoka and the Royal Guard. TVC has had some good ones. I think that first repack wave they did barring that choice of Han Solo figure was a very strong repack wave. Gamorrean Guard being repacked to coincide with the Barge/Skiff/Playset was a very smart move.

There’s several strange ones though. TIE Fighter pilot seems odd considering they already repacked him with a TIE Fighter and this repack has no TIE Fighter available for him to pilot. Queen Amidala is iconic, so I think that ones forgivable, but peasant Anakin is maybe the least iconic outfit he wears in any of the movies and Revenge of the Sith seems to be the obvious fan favorite version of the character that could use an updated head. Admiral Ackbar seems like a strange choice when he was so readily available at retail so recently and can still be bought online for under MSRP.

I can find a logical reason for why most of the repacks were chosen to be repacked and released at the time they were. So I wouldn’t say they’re bad repacks. They’re just underwhelming cause the repacks are very clearly aimed towards the casual fans and not the collector market. It doesn’t repack what’s actually most in demand from collectors, but rather main characters for somebody possibly starting a collection.

Reaction score
True, but TVC also repacked those same exact EU figures from TBS

"Smart Repack" is merely code for "we're pretending to listen to you" to keep you coming back for more. lol Because since that statement I haven't see one "logical to me" repacks other than Luke(X-Wing), Aphra, Fives and Echo from their respective 3-pks. As well as the Walmart Exclusive DTF wave as those were HTF for some. Possibly even Vizam was a good choice, but I'd argue that it should have been Barada. Form my perspective the "smart repacks" are the ones they seem to not have anymore based on them always reusing the same tired out sculpts over and over.

So I wish that they would finally lay it out and tell us which ones they do still have access to so I can stop dreaming of a day we might actually see figures like K'kruhk etc. get reissued. Heck, I now think that they also no longer have that Noghri mold being as it too was rumored to have been made during that era. Which also mean that the rumored Zaybe Carrick mold is also gone.

Reaction score
When did TVC repack Ahsoka and EU figures? They have a new Ahsoka, but the Force Unleashed and Old Republic stuff never got repacked. I mean I guess one will be as result of a fan vote.

Reaction score
To me, a smart repack is of a figure that really doesn’t need any updating beyond new paint/face print. But that’s really just background characters and some troopers to me. I think all main characters in main outfits deserve at LEAST a new headsculpt that works with the face printing, but really they need full on updates.

Peasant Anakin is fine as is, but his Jedi outfits really deserve to be redone. Especially RotS, to get rid of the mid forearm swivel. He needs hinge wrists. All Jedi do. All figures do, really.

Reaction score
"Smart Repacks" should be figures that help expand playability for the Kiddies, or world building for us.
Smart Repack- R1 Stormtrooper
Smart Repack-Battle Droid
Smart Repack-ROTS Darth Vader Anakin
Dumb repack- Pod Racer that nobody cares about

Last edited:
Reaction score
When are they ever going to re-launch the Star Wars M&M people figures?

#SaveSWM&M
Man, I sure hope not. Retail doesn't need that wasted space, retail needs tvc in that proposed spot in addition to the peg or 2 it has now

Reaction score
That works for the "Queen", but Hasbro could easily pump out an accessory pack with several of the smaller ones. Granted not every singe size seen, just enough for a close representation such as egg form, a few that are foot sized, then a few that are larger than Grogu with 1 or 2 the size of Din. Okay, maybe not an "accessory pack", but an actual "beast pack". That along with the Blurgg and 2 other sets would make up a great case/wave. The trick is individual size of the sets because some of us really want a Mudhorn too but she was much bigger than a Blurgg, so 2 Blurggs is one set, an army of Spiders is set #2, Mudhorn Set #3 with the final set being?? Or do they throw in a vehicle such as a Speeder Bike?

"Smart Repacks" should be figures that help expand playability for the Kiddies, or world building for us.
Smart Repack- R1 Stormtrooper
Smart Repack-Battle Droid
Smart Repack-ROTS Darth Vader Anakin
Dumb repack- Pod Racer that nobody cares about
The reason I didn't include troopers was because I felt that they were a given, even though I don't army build anymore. And yes main characters, but only if it's a proper sculpt.

Reaction score
There may be a difference between a “stupid repack” and a “bad” one. It’s definitely smart for Hasbro to re-release a character like Han, even if only as a moneymaker. But boy.

Reaction score
Assuming they continue to do this as they’ve done for the last three years, what do you think the convention exclusive three pack will be? One thing I’ve noticed is that all of them have typically featured one figure from the fall wave thus far. And 2/3 had other figures that have shown up later in the mainline.

The fall wave reportedly has Lando, IG-11, Teebo, and The Emperor. Lots of figures could go with Lando. Ugnaughts, Lobot, Cloud Car Pilots, Bespin Guards. I think any combination of those three could happen. Any of these could be repacked later for their 96 initiative.

IG-11 would surely contain Kuill who we know we’re getting later. I don’t think they’d straight up repack Mando so maybe they include a Mando with the original shoulder armor, but with a Beskar shoulder plate. Or maybe some sort of kitbashed Nikto guard, similar to how the Klatooinian they did for the AT-ST.

Teebo could come with any pair of Ewoks. Probably ones they plan on releasing later. These would probably be kitbashes similar to Paploo, but other missing 96 ewoks. Or he could come with a Biker Scout to diversify it a little.

Emperor is trickier. I don’t think they’d do Vader and Luke since we just got them 2 years ago and they do typically tend to include three new characters in these packs even if they’re repaints and retools like in the Luke and Aphra packs. For that reason I’d also rule out the Royal Guard. So idk maybe a couple dignitaries? I think two would really be pushing it though. So maybe one. Or possibly they just do some minor variations on Luke and Vader like adding the white flap to Luke and some sort of battle damaged Vader.

I don’t even know if they’re doing a three pack this year or not. It may be confirmed not happening and I didn’t know. I just assumed as it’s been a three year streak now and I think it’s fun to speculate.

Reaction score
Assuming they continue to do this as they’ve done for the last three years, what do you think the convention exclusive three pack will be? One thing I’ve noticed is that all of them have typically featured one figure from the fall wave thus far. And 2/3 had other figures that have shown up later in the mainline.

The fall wave reportedly has Lando, IG-11, Teebo, and The Emperor. Lots of figures could go with Lando. Ugnaughts, Lobot, Cloud Car Pilots, Bespin Guards. I think any combination of those three could happen. Any of these could be repacked later for their 96 initiative.

IG-11 would surely contain Kuill who we know we’re getting later. I don’t think they’d straight up repack Mando so maybe they include a Mando with the original shoulder armor, but with a Beskar shoulder plate. Or maybe some sort of kitbashed Nikto guard, similar to how the Klatooinian they did for the AT-ST.

Teebo could come with any pair of Ewoks. Probably ones they plan on releasing later. These would probably be kitbashes similar to Paploo, but other missing 96 ewoks. Or he could come with a Biker Scout to diversify it a little.

Emperor is trickier. I don’t think they’d do Vader and Luke since we just got them 2 years ago and they do typically tend to include three new characters in these packs even if they’re repaints and retools like in the Luke and Aphra packs. For that reason I’d also rule out the Royal Guard. So idk maybe a couple dignitaries? I think two would really be pushing it though. So maybe one. Or possibly they just do some minor variations on Luke and Vader like adding the white flap to Luke and some sort of battle damaged Vader.

I don’t even know if they’re doing a three pack this year or not. It may be confirmed not happening and I didn’t know. I just assumed as it’s been a three year streak now and I think it’s fun to speculate.
Emperor, Vader with wire exposed cut off hand and removable helmet, all new death Star Luke?
My money is on Bo Katan and her 2 sidekicks if they do one.

Reaction score

I think it will be Kuill, Ig-11, repainted white Scout trooper to represent the Mandalorian.

Reaction score
Emperor, Vader with wire exposed cut off hand and removable helmet, all new death Star Luke?
My money is on Bo Katan and her 2 sidekicks if they do one.
I'd take either two of the Ewoks or Mandalorians, all easy repaints as well! If they indeed plan to maka Bo-Katan in this cale, then Koska is an easy repaint of that figure and only needing to repaint pre-beskar Din for the other guy. Ewoks could be an all new Chirpa finally, repaint of the now "go-to" Ewok sculpt it seems with Paploo/Teebo. I'll keep it simple with just OT characters since the likelihood of getting Chuka-Trok, Kaink or even Latara is very remote in TVC, and the fact most people are 96 driven.

Personally these 3-pk no longer carry any weight with me since they just wind up on singles only a year later, so they've become easy passes.

Reaction score
Did I miss something? Did they confirm a new 3-pack exclusive? Assuming this is just speculative, I'd love for a carded 3-pack similar to the skiff guards, containing repacks that could check off a few more of the OG96. There's a handful of existing figures that are still good enough to be slipped onto a TVC card w/ only minor updates, if any.

Greedo (plastic vest for the update), Death Squad Commander (DST done in Kenner gray), C-3PO (B.A.D. version on ANH card), FX-7 (seriously, why haven't they done this yet?), Ugnaught (simple kit bash), Zuckuss (again, why haven't they done this yet?), Rancor Keeper (an exclusive would be a perfect place for this guy, cuz we all know he wouldn't be a hot seller otherwise), and 8D8 (only need a new head and torso for the BG mold).

Assuming any of those molds are still viable, Hasbro would be foolish not to dust them off and make some easy money by putting them in TVC.

Reaction score
Did I miss something? Did they confirm a new 3-pack exclusive? Assuming this is just speculative, I'd love for a carded 3-pack similar to the skiff guards, containing repacks that could check off a few more of the OG96. There's a handful of existing figures that are still good enough to be slipped onto a TVC card w/ only minor updates, if any.

Greedo (plastic vest for the update), Death Squad Commander (DST done in Kenner gray), C-3PO (B.A.D. version on ANH card), FX-7 (seriously, why haven't they done this yet?), Ugnaught (simple kit bash), Zuckuss (again, why haven't they done this yet?), Rancor Keeper (an exclusive would be a perfect place for this guy, cuz we all know he wouldn't be a hot seller otherwise), and 8D8 (only need a new head and torso for the BG mold).

Assuming any of those molds are still viable, Hasbro would be foolish not to dust them off and make some easy money by putting them in TVC.
Both Tonnika sisters and Wuher

Reaction score
I still think it will be Bespin themed, Lando, + both Bespin guard Kenner variants probably most realistic, as these sets generally leave room for only one completely new tooled figure.

Reaction score
Hard to say about the BSG considering all this talk of TLC molds being lost, when was the last time we actually saw it released? Sure we saw Utirs on the box for the Carbon Chamber but that could very well have just been photo-shop. However, if Hasbro did go to the trouble of setting up each individual figure on the set just for s photo opp it could mean they still have access to the mold. But the fact they only used Utris, twice no less, instead of Edian is odd. I mean why use an EU character at all if it was just phot-shop? It leads me to believe that at the very least the head sculpt for Edian no longer exists considering in 2010 when they did reissue a BSG in the "Alliance 3-pk"it was Utris yet again.

The fact we that haven't seen a BSG released since 2010 might indicate that mold is one of those that is gone so I don't expect to see this combo happen. Now it could be totally possible that those three are all new and we'll eventually see them all on single cards as well. I just feel that anew Lobot and BSG a few years away based on their scheduled releases of new figures.

Reaction score
I think that it is at least encouraging that it was last seen during TVC 1.0 and not all the way back to TLC. At least of the Legacy repacks we have seen in TVC 2.0, they were all last seen in TVC 1.0, and from the special action sets. I don't think the loss of the headsculpt will be a deal breaker if that is the case, they seem to have the budget in these sets for new headsculpts for each of the three figures, like the Luke set. I actually might prefer a new headscult anyways, a more rounder face that closer matches the actor on the cardback.

Reaction score
I think that it is at least encouraging that it was last seen during TVC 1.0 and not all the way back to TLC. At least of the Legacy repacks we have seen in TVC 2.0, they were all last seen in TVC 1.0, and from the special action sets. I don't think the loss of the headsculpt will be a deal breaker if that is the case, they seem to have the budget in these sets for new headsculpts for each of the three figures, like the Luke set. I actually might prefer a new headscult anyways, a more rounder face that closer matches the actor on the cardback.
And to fit the hat properly!

If they release a bespin guard with a crappy helmet again, we riot.
The Legacy collection one is awful and looks bad, a rerelease needs a new hat or head.

Reaction score
I am still amazed we don’t have a 3 3/4 inch figure of Leia in her main The Force Awakens outfit. The purple and green (General fatigues.) I remain pretty damn frustrated about that.

I also would be down with a Retro Wave from this film. I think older versions of the OT trilogy really need to be done in this style. And I’d be down for the new characters as well.

General Leia (Battle Fatigues)
Han Solo (Smuggler)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Exile)
Rey (with BB-8)
Finn (Stormtrooper, removable helmet)
Poe (X-wing, removable helmet)
Kyle Ren

**wildcard bonus figure. Chewbacca (slightly older deco?). Not sure how well this one would turn out or if it is even needed, but it could be a fun figure if they were clever about it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe Hasbro figured that fans that wanted TFA Leia would simply buy the 6 inch release? I think they were way off, because many of us remain loyal to the 3.75 scale, and having a larger version of a sought after character does virtually nothing for those collectors. She was better suited for the basic TFA line, as she didn't need to be highly articulated. Still remains a shame that those are no longer an option to supplement TVC, as I'd much rather have a basic movie figure over a Retro release. Maybe one day they'll shrink the sculpt down for TVC, as I'd like to own the sculpt myself - I'll actually buy multiples to customize! I'd really like TVC to have some ST coverage, even if its only a couple figures per year.

Reaction score
We really need TROS Finn and Poe (flight suit doesn’t count). I know Finn has had issues pegwarming, but it just feels weird that 2 of the main trio of the sequel trilogy didn’t get figures in their outfits for the last movie. I don’t even like that movie, but I think their costumes were pretty cool and I like their characters in the other two movies that I wouldn’t hesitate to buy them. As much as I dislike TROS I have to admit that it’s easily the most toyetic movie of the sequel trilogy, which is ironic considering it probably has the least amount of toys out of any Star Wars media other than Ewok Adventures. I think even Droids, Ewoks, and Genndy Clone Wars has it beat.

Also we need an unmasked Kylo Ren in TVC. Whether that be him as Kylo or as Ben Solo with the blue lightsaber. I don’t care.