The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Reaction score
It would be nice if one of them was Bo Katan. Or the Heavy Mando. Or Kuill. Or a Remnant Scout. Or an Offworld Jawa. Or Koska. Or Zero. Or the Bad Batch. Or a Blurrg that they’re “excited” to do in the 6” scale.

Reaction score
Based on the other lines that are available and selling well in stores. If action figures were totally dead for kids or in general, no company would be wasting their time making them.

I don’t insist on buying figures in stores, because I can’t. I have to preorder everything because for some reason in Scranton, Pennsylvania, each store gets maybe one case of anything collectible and is gone the same day, never to return. But I’m also an adult collector, who frequents forums, and has for over twenty years. We all know how to navigate what the situation has become. The general public doesn’t, and frankly, shouldn’t have to.

But what are you guys advocating for? Are people generally just happy with the way things are, and telling people like me to “just deal with it”? I want the brand and the scale to be stronger, and the only way for that to happen is for a broader audience to buy these more regularly. Boba Fett shouldn’t be hard to get. The Mandalorian shouldn’t be hard to get. A *Stormtrooper* shouldn’t be hard to get.
I tend to agree, if the pegs were stocked with figures, that would open up purchases from other consumer groups. Casual fans, parents, kids, and gift givers that don't hunt for figures online could potentially jump back into the brand if it were more readily available. No one can really dispute that, and if someone tries to tell ya that kids aren't interested in any of these lines, they don't know what the hell they're talking about. The amount of kids engaged with action figures seems to be dropping at a lower age on average, but there are still kids that collect both TVC and TBS. There are parents that are also collectors that mention this fact, we all likely know some of them. Have those numbers diminished, sure, but they're still out there - they certainly aren't posting here though, lol. Luckily we have plenty of loyal fans that keep coming back for more. Adult collectors are likely driving the majority of sales, but kids are indeed still a factor. Once the Original 96 are wrapped and TVC goes on hiatus, I'd like to see a line geared toward all those consumer groups, to push it into the future.

Reaction score
I tend to agree, if the pegs were stocked with figures, that would open up purchases from other consumer groups. Casual fans, parents, kids, and gift givers that don't hunt for figures online could potentially jump back into the brand if it were more readily available. No one can really dispute that, and if someone tries to tell ya that kids aren't interested in any of these lines, they don't know what the hell they're talking about. The amount of kids engaged with action figures seems to be dropping at a lower age on average, but there are still kids that collect both TVC and TBS. There are parents that are also collectors that mention this fact, we all likely know some of them. Have those numbers diminished, sure, but they're still out there - they certainly aren't posting here though, lol. Luckily we have plenty of loyal fans that keep coming back for more. Adult collectors are likely driving the majority of sales, but kids are indeed still a factor. Once the Original 96 are wrapped and TVC goes on hiatus, I'd like to see a line geared toward all those consumer groups, to push it into the future.
They can put TVC on hiatus and still complete the 96 through Pulse or Fan Channel

Reaction score
It feels like it shouldn't be that difficult for the 3.75" line to cater to everybody.

Hasbro could switch to a physical retail/online mainline, priced around $9.99, on all-new packaging that could be refreshed every two years or so to retain "newness" on store shelves (and would also have a different SKU with each change, so there are no more TVC Snokes or Jyns). The price cut would come from switching to an "SA as needed" approach, but with the lower range of articulation at a smart 9-12POA rather then some drastic "5POA or SA, nothing in-between" approach. If it could be costed out properly, most of the figures would still be at current articulation standards; things like BAD-mold Astromech droids, Gonks, Jawas, etc., wouldn't be affected at all, they'd just no longer be ludicrously priced at $12.99. Include extra accessories where possible/necessary, pack-in gimmicks, whatever it takes to draw people and kids in.

And since there are so many fans and collectors of vintage Kenner-style packaging, it's unfair to freeze them out--- concurrently run a Hasbro Pulse/"Fan Channel" online-only TVC line (continuing the current numbering) of the same figures that are in the mainline, but priced at a few bucks more, so at the current price of $12.99 (or more, as the winds sadly seem to be blowing that way). If there are figures in the mainline that come with accessories too large to gracefully put on a vintage card, don't include them; for example, if a mainline Cantina alien comes with a table, leave the table out of the TVC release...that collector isn't likely opening the figure anyway, so what does it matter?

It can't be that hard to have two different forms of packaging for the same product, as Hasbro has recently done that sort of thing with the Black Series "First Edition" figures a couple of years ago that were in white boxes. Some collectors will continue to buy two of each, one to open, one to keep carded. The extra few bucks for the figures on TVC cards could go back into the budget to allow for more articulation/accessories in the mainline. Vehicles and beasts? Take the same approach as with the figures. Everybody wins!

Watching the follow-up Q+A's after the Hasbro FanFest, it struck me again how overly cautious, to a fault, Hasbro's Star Wars team is about TVC. Undoubtedly, we share some of the responsibility for that, as we can collectively be kind of, uh, particular. Some of that is healthy, because it can result in better products, but some of it is just nitpicking. Maybe not being saddled (exclusively) with the "legacy" and the "heritage" of 3.75" figures in the form of The Vintage Collection would free them up to make a more fun, varied line of figures that included a wider range of vehicles, beasts, and creatures, and to just take some chances in general rather than play it too safe year in and year out.
Most of this is similar to what I've been saying for years, but at this point, I unfortunately don't see it happening. I think Hasbro wants to push the MSRP up on the 3.75 range, not bring it to a more reasonable compromise to pull more consumers in. Look at Retro, those are 5 POA for $10, so they aren't likely to give us much more at that price. I think Hasbro would love to charge $15 for TVC across the board, but they know there is the potential to lose some collectors. When you compare the 3.75 range to some of their offerings for kids, there are clear disparities amongst the pricepoints, and lines like Mission Fleet have a higher perceived value for this reason. Let alone the new Mando 6 inch value figures, that sport 3 POA for $5! I think most of it boils down to the collector base being a predominately captive audience, which have been in the hobby for years if not decades, so they know they can charge more, for less product - many will often complain, but still buy it. This is probably the reason we wont see any big changes, nor an expansion of the scale.

Reaction score
Nice guess on Rancor Keeper! And Ugnaught too!

Forgive the cynicism, but you KNOW that Hasbro is racking their brains to figure out which 96ers they can repack. Who from ten or more years ago looks good enough to stick on card? When they suggested Revan, it went horribly wrong—not because he was old, but because he was outdated (two different things); many figures are in the same boat.

I’m thinking Legacy Rancor Keeper looks a lot like a TVC figure (holding his own at least up to about six months ago, when the stunning new Mando figures came out). He has the articulation and look to survive as a 2021 figure. Same (maybe) with Ugnaught.

But who else? Saga Momaw fails dreadfully to hit the mark; in many ways, it’s still a beautiful figure—but it almost was obsolete as a sculpt even by Legacy. It still displays well enough—but it’s embarrassing even for Hasbro to try to pass off a 15-year-old toy as new, especially with everyone praising TVC for its “space age” designs and uptown refusal to kitbash stuff (I don’t know where people are getting that notion 🥴).

Saga Lobot? Saga Bib? No way. They just can’t repack those. I still really like Saga Bib, but it won’t fly. Plus, they don’t need extended bubbles.

All I do know (and would bet my life on) is that these 96ers won’t be new sculpts. Sure, Hasbro might try to pretend they’re new sculpts by repainting a head or switching some bodies around like they are doing with the Walmart Paploo.

Who am I kidding? They just re-released one of the worst Han figures ever (under the excuse that it’s “another chance” to get him), so they’re capable of anything. But there’s little to nothing left for them to repack!

What a conundrum! There’s nothing for them to repack, and yet there’s no way in the Devil’s Hell that they will release a new sculpt. It’s an unstoppable force facing an immovable object! Something’s got to give! That’s a sport unto itself! 🤩

If they make new sculpts, then we all win! But if they release some old garbage and pretend we’re supposed to thank them, then it’s perhaps even more entertaining! I can’t wait!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jayson at yakface re-confirmed that the endor 3-some are also 6 per solid case so the notion of these new set going to 6 per case due to possible larger bubble is now mute. Sure it's still possible w/ larger figs like FX7 or a new tooled hammerhead. Thinking about some reasonable repacks, rancor keeper is reasonable, maybe 8d8 using the one BaD body and newly sculpted head, Chirpa-so so, may could stand slight retool touch ups like Paploo. A BaD Removable limbs C-3P0 would be great as well. Srgt E/Bespin guard, also reasonable, heck Srgt E w/ new human mustached or full beard sculpted head also would be great. Remix the TLC Ugnaughts parts and theres a reasonalbe Kenner like Ugnaught. If the 1st set is endor themed, maybe 2nd set is Bespin themed. A nice "apology" wave for giving us a CFC playset w/o enough suitable figs for it. Hey, a new Bespin Lando is coming so why not a complementary Bespin set. (Oh yeah, Hasbro doesn't work that way, my bad)

Last edited:
Reaction score
TBH anything pre-TLC is too old to reissue, but I feel there are dozens if not 100's figures that deserve shot over what Hasbro tends to choose. Do they lookas good as TVC2020? Well it all depends on your standards, in terms of likeness H 2 the no. Any and all would need phot real pain tat the very least, theough even that I'm not sold on THey would need a totally new head sculpt with photo real tech. In terms of articulation I think a lot of them still hold up, at least they do compared to Endor Han's articulation. So if they can reissue previous TVC2012 figures along side today's stuff then can do the same with pre-2012TVC figures such as BSG, K'kruhk etc.

There are obvious re-sculpts needed for Lobot, Bib, Tessek, Tusken Raider, Wuher, which a lot of those should get taken care of during this 96 campaign.

I think Hasbro would love to charge $15 for TVC across the board, but they know there is the potential to lose some collectors.
I have no doubt they that's what they'd like, the confusing part though is that they charge $15 for those "Fan Channel" repacks while new sculpt like Ahsoka and Maul are still only $13. Seems like it should be reversed if anything, I'd pay $15 for all new sculpt before I would pay that for a repack.

It would be nice if one of them was Bo Katan. Or the Heavy Mando. Or Kuill. Or a Remnant Scout. Or an Offworld Jawa. Or Koska. Or Zero. Or the Bad Batch. Or a Blurrg that they’re “excited” to do in the 6” scale.
Definitely would be, but that doesn't fit within their OT centric focus for TVC. For all the Money they save on repacks it sure doesn't seem to translate into very many all new figures like it does for TBS, so they certainly have a larger budget to play around with when it comes to figures like Zero, Lando, Tech etc. Not that TBS doesn't get their fair share of repacks/repaints, but Hasbro seems more willing to do risk paying for new molds in that line per year. Especially when it comes to niche Fan favorites like Jar Jar which is a $30 figure to boot. When we got a Gungan w/accessories in 3.75' scale he was only $10, so I guess that's why we haven't see another Gungan w/shield released is due to limited space on the card. So in this sense I can support the ending of TVC cards if it means we can get larger accessories or whatever the case may be that prevents certain characters like Pong Krell etc.

And now that I'm saying this out loud it reminds me that we might need a Jar Jar on a TVC card, or at least another Gungan? As well as generic Wookiee. I wouldn't even mind seeing TBS #12 Clone Commander Wolffe reissued.

Reaction score
Doubt it will happen, but how nice would it be if those Walmart OG96 figs (which have been sitting in Walmart warehouses for weeks already) came packed in individual protective boxes, just like the 6" Obi Wan, Greedo, and Jawa did recently?

Reaction score
The ones here thinking that the Rancor keeper needs an update are the downfall of this figure line. If we waste slots for figures who keep up very well with more modern ones, then we shouldn't cry about endless re-releases or nearly no new sculpts.

Reaction score
I agree. But I’d say that Hasbro isn’t “updating” because anyone’s “crying.” Our cries/deaf ears. They only update (like Paploo or Gaming Greats) because it’s easy.

Reaction score
My gf's kid is also a 6yo boy. He has a Nintendo Switch that he plays all the time (too much) but when he comes over, he wants to play with my figures. He likes playing with my 3.75" figures. He doesn't own any himself. He will likely never own any himself. Because as far as he's concerned 3.75" SW figures don't exist for sale, they are just something I somehow have. He's never seen them before anywhere else.
Nailed it - this is the problem.

Reaction score
Literally EVERY Star Wars line has a more attractive package. Even the weird TFA jungle/forest/snow nonsense was more visually interesting than these old photos. Don't get me wrong I love TVC cards but this is all nostalgia at work here.

The Rebels line from a few years back (with the Saga Legends and Mission 2 packs) was gorgeous. They were smaller and colorful.
Seriously? I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but what are smoking? 90% of the card backs aside from Vintage/TVC have been complete crap. It's not just nostalgia for why they're sticking with them, they actually look good.

Reaction score
Seriously? I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but what are smoking? 90% of the card backs aside from Vintage/TVC have been complete crap. It's not just nostalgia for why they're sticking with them, they actually look good.
Have you seen the majority of the TVC 2.0 ones? It's artwork (and not even good artwork).

Even the true vintage ones aren't great. You are going to tell me that the ANH Vader image looks good? In the 70s and 80s it was sufficient. Now it is a nostalgic peek backwards (which is great and has a purpose) but let's not pretend these are eye catching and appealing to a general audience.

Reaction score
Have you seen the majority of the TVC 2.0 ones? It's artwork (and not even good artwork).

Even the true vintage ones aren't great. You are going to tell me that the ANH Vader image looks good? In the 70s and 80s it was sufficient. Now it is a nostalgic peek backwards (which is great and has a purpose) but let's not pretend these are eye catching and appealing to a general audience.
It's the style that looks good, not necessarily the actual pictures.

Reaction score
Everyone has their own feelings on what is happening and what should happen... this is why were are where we are. Some want the vintage cards, some want line specific cards, some don't care. Some are happy with the figures being repackaged on those cards, some don't want repackaged figures at all. Some like the retro style, some want animated style, some want realistic versions of the cartoon characters. Some want only OT, some want only definitive main characters, some just want new stuff. Take any figure and there will be 30 different ways it could be done or not done and you'll find 30 people that will advocate for what they like. Collectors are not what should be driving the toy line. Hasbro must have the feeling that they are doing what is best because companies don't make things just for fun.

I agree with Maverick just above here. Every kid that comes to my house wants to see and play around with the figures that I have out at any given time. My kids are girls and it's the same. Their favorite toys have consistently been figures of some sort. American Girl all the way down to LOL girls... they'll play with what they have. If we travel, they take the smaller ones. They play with Star Wars and fight over who has Ahsoka.
Yea and when my kids go to their cousins house or other friends house they always gravitate to the toys they don't have or are different than the ones at home. Vice versa for when we have visitors.

My kids aren't coming home begging for any of that stuff.

Reaction score
Oh. The flat, square, often dark with a blurry image cardback is the appeal. Got it.
I have to disagree with you there, The Vader ANH card is awesome, and from POTF2 and on, most of the cards are FUGLY! Many of them INCLUDING potf2 look like bootleg toys. Saga had great ones, but other than that all crap.

Reaction score
1618923612677.png1618923632467.png
I personally think both the OTC and the Saga collections had better cards. They were scene specific instead of just having a pic of the character. I don't care that much about the cards, but these evoke every bit as much nostalgia as the current TVC.

Reaction score
View attachment 384288View attachment 384289
I personally think both the OTC and the Saga collections had better cards. They were scene specific instead of just having a pic of the character. I don't care that much about the cards, but these evoke every bit as much nostalgia as the current TVC.
Like I said, these were great! I kind of lump Saga and Trilogy together. On card collecting gives you a different perspective when you display them though. I like the unity between the Retros and TVC, they make my display look neat. If we add random different packages it starts to look like a discount store. That's why once they stop TVC, I am only collecting loose, and in that scenario, I'd be more picky about what I buy.

Reaction score
you seem to be the only one that does not care for the packaging...
I care for the packaging. I appreciate the heritage and I keep every TVC card in a neat binder and often flip though it.

I just think that the branding and packaging could benefit from a refresh if there is any chance of 3.75" ever prospering at proper retail again. That's all.

If Hasbro announced tomorrow that it was TVC cards until the end of time and this is the way the line will operate from here on out I would be totally on board and happy. I'm content with ordering online and frankly don't give a **** what the card looks like. My point is that for all of you clamoring for the days of the "hunt" you might be better served if the line itself wasn't pigeonholed into being on these cards and have to adhere to a specific way of doing things that the original line set in place.

A few years ago we got sets with a Wampa/Luke, Vader/Probot etc. Can't do that now if TVC is all there is because there is no precedent set from the 70s and 80s for it.

Like I said - I don't care. Keep the cards they way they are, keep the waves they way they are and I'll order online to my heart content.

Reaction score
I hated POTF2 cards. They looked like crap with their little stock studio publicity photo. TVC cards are the only ones I care for as those are what I bought and ogled over in the stores as a kid.

Reaction score
you seem to be the only one that does not care for the packaging...
I’m fine with it but I don’t “care” about it. I care about getting more figures at the standard Hasbro themselves have set.

I’ve kept every card back of every figure, not just Star Wars, I’ve ever collected since I was old enough to do so. It’s fun to flip through all the different packaging over the years. But I’m the odd man out here that only buys figures to keep packaged if I like the character or the toy *inside* the package enough to do so.

Reaction score
I care for the packaging. I appreciate the heritage and I keep every TVC card in a neat binder and often flip though it.

I just think that the branding and packaging could benefit from a refresh if there is any chance of 3.75" ever prospering at proper retail again. That's all.

If Hasbro announced tomorrow that it was TVC cards until the end of time and this is the way the line will operate from here on out I would be totally on board and happy. I'm content with ordering online and frankly don't give a **** what the card looks like. My point is that for all of you clamoring for the days of the "hunt" you might be better served if the line itself wasn't pigeonholed into being on these cards and have to adhere to a specific way of doing things that the original line set in place.

A few years ago we got sets with a Wampa/Luke, Vader/Provost etc. Can't do that now if TVC is all there is because there is no precedent set from the 70s and 80s for it.

Like I said - I don't care. Keep the cards they way they are, keep the waves they way they are and I'll order online to my heart content.
You are operating under the assumption that this would invigorate the line....It won't. It would damage the already established community that has been snapping these up. That's a rather large gamble, and Hasbro knows it.

When the mob decided 5poa should be chased away with pitchforks and torches, they inadvertently killed a golden goose. When you make something like a Wampa or Tauntaun now, they require a standard of paint apps and detail that is the benchmark of TVC. so long gone is the $20 landspeeder, fork over $60. I was more than happy adding small things like Probots without TVC hallmarks. and at that price, the nieces and nephews got one too.

It's NOT the packaging....its the PRICE POINT!
Would you buy a $1.60 hamburger at Burger King, or a Whooper for $2.49? which is more satisfying? that is the issue in a nutshell.

Reaction score
You are operating under the assumption that this would invigorate the line....It won't. It would damage the already established community that has been snapping these up. That's a rather large gamble, and Hasbro knows it.

When the mob decided 5poa should be chased away with pitchforks and torches, they inadvertently killed a golden goose. When you make something like a Wampa or Tauntaun now, they require a standard of paint apps and detail that is the benchmark of TVC. so long gone is the $20 landspeeder, fork over $60. I was more than happy adding small things like Probots without TVC hallmarks. and at that price, the nieces and nephews got one too.

It's NOT the packaging....its the PRICE POINT!
Would you buy a $1.60 hamburger at Burger King, or a Whooper for $2.49? which is more satisfying? that is the issue in a nutshell.
It's all good. Agree to disagree. Personally I think the line could benefit from an aesthetic refresh. I don't think it could hurt.

Like I mentioned before it really makes no difference for me. I don't think the price per figure is unreasonable, I don't go out looking for these things in stores and I am happy with the quality/quantity. So basically I am paying what I feel is a fair price to online retailers that deliver exactly what I want when it is available.

Reaction score
It's all good. Agree to disagree. Personally I think the line could benefit from an aesthetic refresh. I don't think it could hurt.

Like I mentioned before it really makes no difference for me. I don't think the price per figure is unreasonable, I don't go out looking for these things in stores and I am happy with the quality/quantity. So basically I am paying what I feel is a fair price to online retailers that deliver exactly what I want when it is available.
I want 5POA back so kids can pester their parents for an $8 figure again....lol

Reaction score
Yeah, so while people are insisting that TVC is the only packaging worthwhile, TBS just got a neat little line of Clone Wars figures revealed on throwback cards.

No more 5poa. If they were worth making, Hasbro would still be making them. They have enough cheap lines that they sell at Five Below.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The quality of the 5POA figures was so all over the place. There were some that were actually great sculpts, but they couldn't hold any useful pose so they weren't even worth the cheap price in my opinion.

My feelings from the very beginning when I saw 5POA coming out for the new movies was simple. I bought a few that I thought would probably never see another figure (PZ-4CO, Sarco Plank, etc.) and made a conscious decision that I wouldn't buy any figure that needed more articulation. This is why I still don't own a figure of Baze Malbus or TFA Han Solo or Krennic or several other key characters. TVC should have righted that wrong by now, but they are still putting out figures I already have.

Reaction score
I was a big fan of the OTC cards. Second best card back design ever created for Star Wars figures. Kept the Kenner aesthetic, while allowing for a larger bubble and cool backdrop. Those are the only carded figures I regret selling off back when I decided to go TVC only. TSC cards looked decent, but I was never a fan of the curved bubbles that extended out to the edge of the cards, and needed tape to be held on.

Reaction score
The quality of the 5POA figures was so all over the place. There were some that were actually great sculpts, but they couldn't hold any useful pose so they weren't even worth the cheap price in my opinion.

My feelings from the very beginning when I saw 5POA coming out for the new movies was simple. I bought a few that I thought would probably never see another figure (PZ-4CO, Sarco Plank, etc.) and made a conscious decision that I wouldn't buy any figure that needed more articulation. This is why I still don't own a figure of Baze Malbus or TFA Han Solo or Krennic or several other key characters. TVC should have righted that wrong by now, but they are still putting out figures I already have.
silly collector...5POA are for kids... :)

save the super articulated cost for TVC and give us those in addition.

Reaction score
Yeah OTC and TSC are my 2nd and 3rd favorite modern card styles. I like TAC as well with the nice artwork and coin, but nothing comes close to TVC for me.
When they went back to 5 POA I bought very few each year and with 3-3/4” TBS I skipped all the reissues and some of the non-OT figures. With TVC I buy every single one and many in multiple for openers. If/when the line dies or goes back on hiatus I’ll go back to being very selective in my purchases. Of course those of us who are openers only wouldn’t care as much about the vintage packaging, but I would bet they are getting a significant amount of extra sales because of the vintage packaging. Even more so if they were actually in stores, but I prefer buying them on-line instead of wasting time and gas toy hunting.

Reaction score
TBH, TVC is pure nostalgia period. IMHO it's one of the most boring designs ever done, it's just there and stands out in no way. It only means something to those few who love it for pure nostalgic reasons this why it appeals. And I get it for that reason because that's the look most people see when they think of Star Wars but it doesn't mean I blindly feel those cards are the best looking simply because of it.

Personally my all time favorite card design was 30th Anniversary line. And the fact that TBS can release their figures on varies cards like the recent TCW Obi-Wan wave as well as TPM prior to it as well as "Vintage" cards shows how it can change to fit the theme when needed. Meanwhile it seems that TVC is stuck in a rut in that regard. What's stopping them from doing the exact same thing for TVC as TBS when it comes to packaging changes and tailoring it to fit like the most recent Clone Wars wave? Even TVC Exclusives are on TVC cards instead of say a "Mandalorian" cardback, or even the Gaming Greats could be different.

Reaction score
TBH, TVC is pure nostalgia period. IMHO it's one of the most boring designs ever done, it's just there and stands out in no way. It only means something to those few who love it for pure nostalgic reasons this why it appeals. And I get it for that reason because that's the look most people see when they think of Star Wars but it doesn't mean I blindly feel those cards are the best looking simply because of it.

Personally my all time favorite card design was 30th Anniversary line. And the fact that TBS can release their figures on varies cards like the recent TCW Obi-Wan wave as well as TPM prior to it as well as "Vintage" cards shows how it can change to fit the theme when needed. Meanwhile it seems that TVC is stuck in a rut in that regard. What's stopping them from doing the exact same thing for TVC as TBS when it comes to packaging changes and tailoring it to fit like the most recent Clone Wars wave? Even TVC Exclusives are on TVC cards instead of say a "Mandalorian" cardback, or even the Gaming Greats could be different.
This may the first time in history that we agree 100% on something!

Stuck in a rut is a perfect way to describe it...

Reaction score
They look so good I LOVED the original animated figure. I'm looking forward to get these modern, realistic, updates to them

Reaction score
yea this packaging is not enticing nor eye catching at all. The 501st 3 pack in TVC and even Fives in the single TVC look very cool, eye catchy and makes it easier to brand as part of the SW world. Its nice they are doing retro packaging for that era and I am sure it connects with collectors but the universe is obviously smaller than the TVC collector universe.