The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Reaction score
It depends on which backstory one follows. I've always settled on 7, including Figrin D'an based on there were 6 12" wm excl figs from 1997(?) but another member was taking a break during luke and Ben's arrival at the cantina.

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone brought this up yet. Would anyone think that a speeder bike/small creature/ environment pieces assortment for the Vintage Collection work well. I think it would. Using the current speeder bike mold and current figure molds that could keep tooling costs down on that end. That could give resources to make a Blurg w/figure, mudhorn w/egg, or other smaller SW beasts. Maybe a pit droid three pack with a vaporator and crate boxes. Make it like $24.99 price point.

Yes, definitely has been brought up and a want for YEARS. That speeder bike was such an awesome improvement, especially with the getting the handlebars to be horizontal instead of straight. The stand makes it extra cool - I imagine once ROTJ celebrates it's 40th that we'll be seeing a lot Endor and easy kit-bashes like all the Endor mains: Han, Luke and Leia along with (hopefully) an all new Rebel Trooper with the jumpsuit to finally get the vintage style on a card and a Nik Sant (holding out hope for the bearded blondie)

In order to make the outside work, they'd probably have to either release it as one big set or have each booth be its own design. Plus, aren't some of them at an angle toward the entrance? Then you have to figure the price of the main bar area and the foyer. That would be pretty hard to do.

I feel like the Cantina would offer a great opportunity to do both indoor and outdoor, even if it's just an alcove. I want to see these playsets offer more dual purpose, instead of one static scene. Think about the display options if they made the awesome Tatooine sandy base exterior (extended outward a few inches) with the stucco building siding and shape and on the backside, an alcove with seating. Easy win - you can choose to display one side or the other, or set it up on it's center so you get to see both outside (Luke in his poncho selling to Wisolea) and inside (the Cantina denizens, Hammerhead sitting at the booth, etc.) At least this would make it feel more like a playset and not an isolate area. What would really be cool is if the second set/alcove connected perfectly so that it continued the exterior building and roofline seamlessly while further building out the interior. They kind of did this with the Tantive set - the backside looks like where Leia gives R2 the plans while the other side is the iconic hallway. Hasbro is getting there...

There's actually ten if you count Pete Best and Stu Sutcliffe. Or am I thinking of a different band?

some hack Liverpool act...

Reaction score
Is there a list of what is currently out and where? I can't keep up with all the pre-sale stuff. I am still waiting on a GNK droid. Need to get Chirrut and K2 at some point... I've seen Yakface's lists but man I miss actually going to a store to get stuff.

And Get Off My Lawn!!! 👴👴👴

Reaction score
Is there a list of what is currently out and where? I can't keep up with all the pre-sale stuff. I am still waiting on a GNK droid. Need to get Chirrut and K2 at some point... I've seen Yakface's lists but man I miss actually going to a store to get stuff.

And Get Off My Lawn!!! 👴👴👴
Have you tried SureThingToys? They have GNK & K2 in stock at $14.99 and all shipping is free. Stuff in stock usually ships a few days after you order. Have always gotten things in good shape.

Reaction score
I actually had to make a spreadsheet with all of my pending preorders on it, from Pulse, BBTS, EE, Amazon, and Walmart.
I'd add to that list Dorkside, Target, & Gamestop. Not sure how I feel about it, but I had to do the same. Really wish they'd have spread things out a bit more - 2020 has really been back-loaded with merch.

Reaction score
I agree. I think the stuff just wasn’t ready for an earlier release. It was bad planning and bad scheduling and bad timing. But I’m REALLY glad we finally have products to purchase!

Reaction score
I'd add to that list Dorkside, Target, & Gamestop. Not sure how I feel about it, but I had to do the same. Really wish they'd have spread things out a bit more - 2020 has really been back-loaded with merch.
It's not just the merch, because I'm happy to see 3.75 get some love, but it's just all over the place. I'm certain to miss something but I at least got what I've wanted so far.

Reaction score
A new Momaw Nadon could also quite easily be reused for a Galaxy's Edge Dok-Ondar figure.
That would be great, along with B-U4D and Vi Moradi. Just make Dok with a removable cloak and underneath is Momaw Nadon!!

Reaction score
Anyone else bothered by the fact that Hasbro still has yet to release the details of unlock tiers 4 & 5 yet for the Razor Crest? I feel like it's terrible business - the longer people have to view and sit with something, the more people will buy it - almost guaranteed. Now they have to roll it out on a their little red carpet for Mando Mondays and make it seems earth shattering. I really hate that - they already have 13,000 individual's money, what do they have to lose? The shroud of secrecy is just annoying as hell - they should be chomping at the bit to release the details of 4 and 5! I wish HasLab's site was designed to reveal the unlock the second it reaches the next tier. That would absolutely put people into the driver mode, wanting to be the one that unlocks it with their pledge.

Reaction score
It's not just the merch, because I'm happy to see 3.75 get some love, but it's just all over the place. I'm certain to miss something but I at least got what I've wanted so far.
Agreed, that's the drawback to having 1 or 2 figure reveals every other Month or so. You keep having to update your list so frequently, and then try to keep tack of when each one comes out. You can't even order a set together anymore, well you can blindly order a case or wave... Fives is still a no show on a few sites while PO'd on some, some of us already have Hondo and/or Chirrut. Luke just recently became available at some places. I mean seriously, not finding a whole wave together at retail is one thing, but not being able to order/pre-order them together online seems totally bizarre.

Reaction score
Might have been posted already so apologies if so. In their Master List Yakface have posted some new details on the eight codenamed TVC figures they found earlier this week:

Four of them ("Manitoba", "British Columbia", "Alberta" and "Newfoundland") are apparently a repack wave that has an approximate release of August 2021.

The other four figures (codenamed "Antarctica", "Huron", "Erie" and "Ontario") should be a maiin-line wave with an estimated release date of October 2021.

No idea what figures they'll be or even what media yet.

Reaction score
It's too bad Newfoundland is in the repack wave, it would have been nice if my home province was a new figure. At least it can't be worse than the last repack wave, I hope.

Reaction score
Agreed, that's the drawback to having 1 or 2 figure reveals every other Month or so. You keep having to update your list so frequently, and then try to keep tack of when each one comes out. You can't even order a set together anymore, well you can blindly order a case or wave... Fives is still a no show on a few sites while PO'd on some, some of us already have Hondo and/or Chirrut. Luke just recently became available at some places. I mean seriously, not finding a whole wave together at retail is one thing, but not being able to order/pre-order them together online seems totally bizarre.
just thinking out loud here sorta speak, but i wonder if the different ETA figs are getting in respect to their wave mates and for one site to another is due to sites like pulse and amazon receiving solid cases over mixed cases. Seems like Target, WM, some online (dorkside, EE) that offer mixed cases do get those in first. Pulse and Amazon have been later than WM, Target, EE and DS initial stock and wave mates not shipped together

Reaction score
*sigh* Should we guess which pointless repacks will be chosen this time? Keep in mind Hasbro has made it clear they don't know the definition of 'smart repacks'. My guess is Cloud Car Pilot, Colonel Cracken, Daultay Dofine, and Peasant Padme. 😫😤😩

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't really want to speculate on repacks that are a full year away. just too depressing. lol

I prefer to revel in the now with good things coming out recently.

As for codenames I prefer if they move to in Galaxy locations, such as Aldaraan for you know who then it would be easier to speculate.

bac

Reaction score
The most recent repack wave with Maul, Wicket, CW Obi-Wan and Anakin is the best one yet. The upcoming spring one is the worst. Here's hoping the other 2021 repack wave is better.

Reaction score
The most recent repack wave with Maul, Wicket, CW Obi-Wan and Anakin is the best one yet. The upcoming spring one is the worst. Here's hoping the other 2021 repack wave is better.
My dream wave is General Grievous, Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Landing), Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear) and Nien Numb (with longer legs).

Reaction score
That would be great, as it isn’t just a rare figure many people need but is also a “main” character the line likes. The Hoth guy (VC068) is another stellar pick.

But Tarkin (VC098) is the one I want the most. There are only five I don’t have and he is one of them (another is Peasant Anakin, which actually is getting a re-release 🤣). I also want more Rebel Fleet Troopers, but since they are getting packed into the Tantive dio we may not ever see them in a wave again.

Reaction score
Anyone else bothered by the fact that Hasbro still has yet to release the details of unlock tiers 4 & 5 yet for the Razor Crest? I feel like it's terrible business - the longer people have to view and sit with something, the more people will buy it - almost guaranteed. Now they have to roll it out on a their little red carpet for Mando Mondays and make it seems earth shattering. I really hate that - they already have 13,000 individual's money, what do they have to lose? The shroud of secrecy is just annoying as hell - they should be chomping at the bit to release the details of 4 and 5! I wish HasLab's site was designed to reveal the unlock the second it reaches the next tier. That would absolutely put people into the driver mode, wanting to be the one that unlocks it with their pledge.

They're probably just scrambling to figure out what those tiers should be because they didn't think it would sell so many, so quickly. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
*sigh* Should we guess which pointless repacks will be chosen this time? Keep in mind Hasbro has made it clear they don't know the definition of 'smart repacks'. My guess is Cloud Car Pilot, Colonel Cracken, Daultay Dofine, and Peasant Padme. 😫😤😩
Please, those are too deep a dive. We'll get POTF2 Han, a Sandtrooper, Finn, and Rose.

Reaction score
If they are true to Patrick's word, the repacks could include Cara, 1st Mando, snd/or Remnant trooper. A stardard Mando carded Death Trooper would be nice too

In all honesty, I am surprised Finn hasn't been rereleased for TVC Rose...eh they may be cautious about that given potential toxic fan reaction. But then, KK could force the issue, lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not exactly TVC, but TVC-adjacent, the Droid Depot inside Galaxy's Edge has two new 3.75" droids available. As many of you know, their 4-LOM B.A.D. sculpt was leaps and bounds better than Hasbro's most recent attempt, so it's great that they seem to have made a proper 4-LOM out of it, with the rust weathering and all.

dd.png

Reaction score
Not exactly TVC, but TVC-adjacent, the Droid Depot inside Galaxy's Edge has two new 3.75" droids available. As many of you know, their 4-LOM B.A.D. sculpt was leaps and bounds better than Hasbro's most recent attempt, so it's great that they seem to have made a proper 4-LOM out of it, with the rust weathering and all.

View attachment 366670

Are these available online to order?

Reaction score
Are these available online to order?

No, and because they're being sold exclusively inside of GE, they probably won't ever be sold online, sadly. Most of the park merchandise you can get on shopDisney.com is stuff that's sold outside of Galaxy's Edge, which is why you can get those holiday Droid Factory figures online. Disney only recently ran a promotion where they put a handful of normally exclusive GE items online, but the 3.75" 4-packs were not amongst them. So chances of these two new figures popping up on their site are pretty slim. I would LOVE to be wrong about that though.

Reaction score
You'd think Disney would offer thrn online given park attendance is low and CA closed still. Why offer something that you can't sell due to accessibility? But hell, go buy 'm on eBay right now for $50 each, LOL yeah right. So far just these 2 are on eBay.

Reaction score
These things were ordered months ago when things were expected to be open. So we could see them pop up on other channels or at the very lease EBay.

Reaction score
At this point I think Tarkin would need a brand new figure - preferably made from the recent-ish Black Series figure.
No, there's nothing wrong with the current figure. It's just the wrong color and doesn't need SG's lower tunic. I mean there's no point in giving him BH hips when he wouldn't be able to utile them anyways, and Tarkin doesn't exactly need rocker ankles. Slippers perhaps, but not Super Duper Advanced Articulation.

So Cobb Vanth anyone? Seems like an easy sell.
While arguably a spoiler, most of us knew he was coming so it is what it is. I haven't watched the show yet and don't plan to until the last day, so I haev no idea of his looks or anyone really. However, if it's a Mandalorian or dressed like one, I can safely say I want as many as they can make. So yes!
Curious tough could he be made via repaint or does he require an all new sculpt?

Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about the exclusive accessories for HasLab's Off-World Jawa being the Mudhorn egg. Supposedly, a regular retail release of this Jawa is coming, minus the egg and other accessories. 🤨

HasLab-Razor-Crest-Offworld-Jawa-Elder-002.jpg