The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Remember the good old times when we got a full line up for the coming collecting year? Remember when complete waves were leaked through sites like Rebelscum?

Why are there no longer such leaks?

Never ever post a link to a source. Only morons, let's call them JTA, do it. This is the death sentence for the source and Hasbro will shut it down. This is the main reason, why there are no more leaks.

BTW, through shutting down leaks Hasbro shot themselves in the foot. Collectors are no longer excited for the upcoming action figures or vehicles, like they were in the good old days. What can they discuss? And what can they be excited for?

Today you get three new figures, and their announcement was stretched over weeks. How pathetic is this?

Boring uninspiring characters, nothing to buy except for re-releases with hopefully good photoreal face paint.

But this is what you get when collectors buy that 6" and 5" crap that eats up the Star Wars action figure budget and fragments the collecting community.

Sorry for the rant, but I would like to buy more SA 3.75", but Hasbro doesn't seem to care. The announcement of the TVC in 2017 was great, but the first year 2018 was a joke, and the promised 2019, that "will be fantastic" was not that fantastic at all. Sure there are cool things like Yakface, the Skiff and the Sail Barge (if you got one), but too many figure slots were clogged by SA figures, which you can get much cheaper in the BS line.

Hasbro we want more new, really new, figures. More obscure background characters and more waves to buy. You tell us you listen, but don't tell us, just show us that you do.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think Hasbro firmly acknowledged, if not tacitly encouraged, the leaks. Disney likely have a different opinion of it though. They call the shots when it comes to Star Wars.

Reaction score
I just can help but believe that the line is dead and whether the line ends or not, I don' think we will see more than than 2-5 new-ish OT figures with some sort of kit-bash/new face deco combo. I'd go ahead and predict that we won't get anymore totally new OT sculpts. This upcoming toy Fair will tell us for sure.

Reaction score
They’re going to be like sales of 6” are crushing it especially with the mandalorian. Um that’s because those are the only figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
As someone who started in earnest on TVC this year and who loves both the OT and the ST, 2019 has been one of the better years for any line I’ve collected. Saelt Marat, Klaatu, Yavin Luke, the Sail Barge, and the Skiff are all great original sculpt OT toys, and Vedain, Skiff Lando, and Trooper Han were either flawless kitbashes or important upgrades. Death Star Gunner and Yavin Leia were not to shabby either, and the face printed repacks seem like major upgrades to me, especially the pilot and ROTJ Lukes (wish Carbonite Han had the same treatment).

Notably, everything I’ve mentioned so far are OT releases [edit: not the gunner’s card]. For newer characters, the Mimban/Rogue I Trooper & Zori Bliss were highlights for me.

Not trying to start a fight, I’m just genuinely curious where the negativity comes from. Did there used to be 15 new OT sculpts a year or something?

Last edited:
Reaction score
In previous years, for all Disney era movies, there was a basic 3.75 line to compliment the SA offerings in TVC or what was once TBS. That combination of a basic and SA 3.75 lineup really made a huge difference for many. The TVC range is so limited, that were it not for the basic lines, we wouldn't have seen any background or secondary characters for these movies. That's the biggest loss in my opinion, and the reason TVC now feels lackluster.