The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Yeah. Seems like the latest in a long line of gimmick lines that never, ever catch on. I know they're desperate to grab that elusive kid market, but it's basically gone forever at this point and these kinds of childish sub-lines make exactly no one happy.
I would wait until the movie hits to see whether these are a failure or not. Most people who bought some, myself included, think they’re pretty cool. Though I can understand they’re not for everyone, especially if you’re trying to stick to one scale.

As for the repacks, I hope Hasbro follows the Yavin Luke formula and retools some things for them.

Reaction score
Its funny that everyone is excited and so looking forward to the mandolorian and its figures and not giving a crap about TROS figures. That's understandable, however, anyone think we will get more that 6 more figures from TROS? We already have 5.
I believe Hasbro when they said they're holding back some RoS figures for the time being (whether it's really for "spoiler-y" reasons or not remains to be seen. After all, there would be nothing spoiler-y about releasing a Finn, Rose, Jannah or Kylo. We know what those characters look like!)

That said, I don't believe that they're holding back "70%" of RoS figures, as that would make the total line 17 figures, which I just can't imagine is actually the case.

Reaction score
Yeah. Seems like the latest in a long line of gimmick lines that never, ever catch on. I know they're desperate to grab that elusive kid market, but it's basically gone forever at this point and these kinds of childish sub-lines make exactly no one happy.
I bought exactly one of these - mostly because I wanted a representation of Finn in his new costume somewhere on my shelf. Both elbow joints and both knee joints were fused. I tried boiling and freezing but neither would bend. It sounds like it was a fluke but it certainly made sure that I will never buy another figure from that line.

Reaction score
That's because people get excited about what's in front of their face, as well of quality looking designs. TROS product is very minimal to almost unnoticeable, and lacks creativity/inspiration. IMO

Reaction score
I really don't understand what they're doing with Droids anymore. D-0 just looks like a few random parts some kid put together with hot glue. IMO, at this stage they might as well just wear smart watches...
He is the Star Wars. Version of Forky from toy story.

Reaction score
Its funny that everyone is excited and so looking forward to the mandolorian and its figures and not giving a crap about TROS figures. That's understandable, however, anyone think we will get more that 6 more figures from TROS? We already have 5.
I am sure we will get more and some vehicles too.

Reaction score
I think the term “Remnant” in the sense of The Mandalorian series is that the troopers are remnants of the imperial forces.
Yes, I fully understood that aspect and expected that to be the case. We were previously talking about where the name actually came from prior to Disney buying LFL, which I pointed out was in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast the video game. Actually a really believable, fun and fulfilling game. Probably my favorite Star Wars game ever. Just another case of Disney cherry picking stuff from the EU and acting like no one will notice. My point was that it was NOT their original term.

Reaction score
I dunno if that is the case, the new ROS figures seem to be doing well when it comes to both online and retail sales. Gotta give both LFL and Hasbro some credit - they picked some good designs for the first wave, compared to some of the boring character designs for TLJ. Can you imagine if Finn, Rose, Hux, or any of the other slow sellers were in TVC instead? (Perish the thought) Repacking X-Wing Poe was very boring, but since his ship is being released, it was rather essential. I think both ROS and Mando have some great designs, so I expect the demand for figures will only increase as each is released. I hope we get a bare minimum of half a dozen more from ROS. Luke, Leia, and Lando should all be a given. I'd like them to do a secondary character like Connix, and maybe a new alien and droid if there are some interesting and memorable designs from the movie. Ideally another ten would work better, so they could add Poe (new outfit), Palpatine, Jannah, and perhaps a yet-to-be-revealed character.

Reaction score
Yes, I fully understood that aspect and expected that to be the case. We were previously talking about where the name actually came from prior to Disney buying LFL, which I pointed out was in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast the video game. Actually a really believable, fun and fulfilling game. Probably my favorite Star Wars game ever. Just another case of Disney cherry picking stuff from the EU and acting like no one will notice. My point was that it was NOT their original term.
I think the term Imperial Remnant was used in the EU prior to this. It's definitely in one of Michael Stackpole's late 90s comics.

Reaction score
I was in walmart today and I noticed that other than the VC, there aren't really anymore 3.75 action figure lines. Instead of Disney dropping Hasbro all together, could they just be dropping 3.75? Well, I hope they at least pick up some steam and finish up the retro collection. I have not idea what Disney is doing but Hasbro is really suspect these days.

Reaction score
Was looking at the Jaba’s Palace pictures. I know they are using older figures but is that a new Bid fortuna? With movable elbows?

Reaction score
Was looking at the Jaba’s Palace pictures. I know they are using older figures but is that a new Bid fortuna? With movable elbows?
Its an old Bib Fortuna, but it does have swivel elbows:

Reaction score
Dorkside is now 2 for 2 on not shipping my figures until I ***** at them to do it.

First was Island rey and the gam guard, sat in processing for weeks until I messaged and asked what's going on, next day they ship.

Gave them another chance, ordered DS Gunner, Han Storm disguise, Klaatu and Echo base Han. They have been sitting in processing for 8 DAYS. Most places ship out items you buy 1-3 days after you buy it. I'm gonna have to message them again and ***** and moan so they actually ship my items.

I HATE dorkside, never ordering from these lazy people ever again. 2 times now I had to ask them to SHIP the items I BOUGHT. I understand they had problems from TFF but come on now, that was weeks to almost a month ago. These ones I ordered are already in stock!

Never again dorkside.

Reaction score
In terms of “spoilery” figures I do remember the TFA Han being very hard to find (at least for me) and by the time I did find one I passed on it due to a very lacklustre paint job. Why Hasbro made the idiotic decision to not include him with the Falcon where he belonged is beyond me, instead repacking Finn for the umpteenth time.

Reaction score
In terms of “spoilery” figures I do remember the TFA Han being very hard to find (at least for me) and by the time I did find one I passed on it due to a very lacklustre paint job. Why Hasbro made the idiotic decision to not include him with the Falcon where he belonged is beyond me, instead repacking Finn for the umpteenth time.
Well I would say it was not hasbro's full decision but rather influenced by Disney to push thier heroes. I'm sure if Han was included over Finn, more sales would've generated b4 mass clearences

Reaction score
So what do you guys make of the CW repacks and the ESB repacks being scheduled for release in July and Oct? Does it make you think that those might be the only OT figures we get on card? Hasbro has at least hinted that there will be items from ESB next year including a playset. There may be 2-3 waves of figures between now and July and the Mandalorian wave is one. Go figure...

Reaction score
I think it’s entirely possible that Hasbro has a few waves that include more ROS figures on deck to release on or immediately after the films release. Recently they’ve gotten pretty good at announcing a figure/wave and then it hitting within that week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I think it’s entirely possible that Hasbro has a few waves that include more ROS figures on deck to release on or immediately after the films release. Recently they’ve gotten pretty good at announcing a figure/wave and then it hitting within that week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's true. I sure hope so. I gues the nest couple of waves will be ROS and Mandolorian heavy.

Reaction score
So what do you guys make of the CW repacks and the ESB repacks being scheduled for release in July and Oct? Does it make you think that those might be the only OT figures we get on card? Hasbro has at least hinted that there will be items from ESB next year including a playset. There may be 2-3 waves of figures between now and July and the Mandalorian wave is one. Go figure...
I do not believe those are the only OT figures we will see in 2020. Just like we got more than just the re-pack wave in 2019 (Hoth Leia, EB Han, EC Luke and Vader), I suspect we will see at least 5 or 6 all-new and/or slightly retooled OT figures on VC cards in 2020; either in the regular waves individually or as pack-ins with playsets or multipacks like the Skiff Guards set.

How many waves did we get in 2019? 5? 6, if you include the repack wave. So I am guessing we see at least one more wave, if not 2 more, in 2020. Especially since Hasbro said the line would expand if 2019 was a success and response was positive; which all things point to that it was. My guess is that we'll be seeing 6 waves in 2020, plus the 2 repack waves for a total of 8.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^interesting that a few online shops are calling the bespin luke repack wave "TROS wv4", the Mandalorian wave "TROS wv 3" but are calling the CW/maul/ewok wv, "2020 wv 3". So it does seem "2020 wvs 1&2" may yet need to be announced. Perhaps on of those will have the AOTC clone repack. It is also interesting that the pic for the AOTC clone is sequential w/ the 3 Mandalorian figs which normally would suggest would be in same wave. EE is calling the the 4th fig in that case "TBD" , not labeling it as Zorii. Now this is assuming the wave names are correct

Reaction score
How exactly is Disney "acting like no one will notice"? They called it what they called it. Anything beyond that is you making assumptions about their intentions and then complaining about them. As far as I know, Disney hasn't made any claims about how they thought up the word "Remnant" on their own.

This may come as a shock, but not everything is a Disney conspiracy.

Reaction score
^interesting that a few online shops are calling the bespin luke repack wave "TROS wv4", the Mandalorian wave "TROS wv 3" but are calling the CW/maul/ewok wv, "2020 wv 3". So it does seem "2020 wvs 1&2" may yet need to be announced. Perhaps on of those will have the AOTC clone repack. It is also interesting that the pic for the AOTC clone is sequential w/ the 3 Mandalorian figs which normally would suggest would be in same wave. EE is calling the the 4th fig in that case "TBD" , not labeling it as Zorii. Now this is assuming the wave names are correct
I certainly hope that's the case, and there are more early 2020 waves yet to be announced with some ROS characters, otherwise there are going to be a lot of disappointed 3.75 collectors. If this is all Hasbro offers for the last film in the saga, I can see a lot of collectors checking out of the hobby next year.

Reaction score
How exactly is Disney "acting like no one will notice"? They called it what they called it. Anything beyond that is you making assumptions about their intentions and then complaining about them. As far as I know, Disney hasn't made any claims about how they thought up the word "Remnant" on their own.

This may come as a shock, but not everything is a Disney conspiracy.
It actually doesn't shock me at all that they used it - they tend to rip off stuff from the EU and pass it off as their own. Is that what you call "conspiracy"? Also, do billion dollar companies and franchises makes "claims" when they steal things or tell from where or how? Finn is a ripoff of Davin Felth from the Tales From Mos Eisley book, but not everyone believes in the EU or sees it that way, so call it what you will. It would be one thing if they included some of the cooler elements and made a serious homage to popular stories from the EU that Star Wars fans enjoy - that, I could certainly get behind. Just cherry picking makes them look bad, in my opinion. In other words, I'm not expecting to see Kyle Katarn in TROS, but I'll obviously be hearing about the Remnant.

Reaction score
I certainly hope that's the case, and there are more early 2020 waves yet to be announced with some ROS characters, otherwise there are going to be a lot of disappointed 3.75 collectors. If this is all Hasbro offers for the last film in the saga, I can see a lot of collectors checking out of the hobby next year.
I agree, and hope for more OT output as well. I'm wondering how Revan fans felt seeing a really nice sculpt get announced for the Black Series when TVC had theirs announced then cancelled. I know it was a repack, but it seems like another slap in the face for TVC from Hasbro. I don't think they get that TVC is just as popular, if not more, than Black Series. They just continue to crank out brand new BS figures and repack TVC more, which is not the best formula for keeping TVC interesting and compelling to buyers.

Reaction score
Considering the two repack waves are international/fan channel waves I don't think they really count towards the figure/wave count for the year but I guess these two assortments seem to be numbered differently than this year's repack wave so who knows...

Reaction score
It actually doesn't shock me at all that they used it - they tend to rip off stuff from the EU and pass it off as their own. Is that what you call "conspiracy"? Also, do billion dollar companies and franchises makes "claims" when they steal things or tell from where or how? Finn is a ripoff of Davin Felth from the Tales From Mos Eisley book, but not everyone believes in the EU or sees it that way, so call it what you will. It would be one thing if they included some of the cooler elements and made a serious homage to popular stories from the EU that Star Wars fans enjoy - that, I could certainly get behind. Just cherry picking makes them look bad, in my opinion. In other words, I'm not expecting to see Kyle Katarn in TROS, but I'll obviously be hearing about the Remnant.
What I call a "conspiracy" is people like yourself thinking that everything Disney says and does is part of some sinister plot to...I don't even know what. In this case, you've randomly decided that they're "acting like no one will notice" that they've used an EU term. But they're not "acting" like anything. You've completely made that up in order to have one more thing to blame big bad Disney for.

You take this all FAR too seriously and personally. It's actually a little bit disturbing.

Also, as far as Disney ripping things off from the EU, that's actually not even possible. They OWN the EU. They can use whatever elements they want and they don't have to explain it to you, me, or anyone else. I realize they didn't come up with those stories but that doesn't make one bit of difference. If I built a house, lived in it for 20 years, then sold it, the new owners can do whatever they want with it. It's theirs now. Are they "acting like no one will notice" if they have a barbecue on the deck I built without announcing to their guests that they didn't build it?

Reaction score
I agree, and hope for more OT output as well. I'm wondering how Revan fans felt seeing a really nice sculpt get announced for the Black Series when TVC had theirs announced then cancelled. I know it was a repack, but it seems like another slap in the face for TVC from Hasbro. I don't think they get that TVC is just as popular, if not more, than Black Series. They just continue to crank out brand new BS figures and repack TVC more, which is not the best formula for keeping TVC interesting and compelling to buyers.

Putting out new TBS sculpts while using constant repacks in TVC is just Hasbro still trying to convert people to 6 inch.

Reaction score
While Funko pops are less technical in their design, it's crazy how they can crank out 10-20 new Mandalorian POP!s yet HAsbro is begging for change and repacking as much as possible versus just making new sculpts people will buy.

If they don't lose the license, I'd bet we aren't far from all figures being HasLab style. It'd definitely help rarity/collectibility but hurt wallets haha.

Reaction score
Putting out new TBS sculpts while using constant repacks in TVC is just Hasbro still trying to convert people to 6 inch.
Well, that trick won't work. I gave the 6" figure line a try about 3 years ago and quickly lost interest and sold them all off by the next year. It's just not the same for me. I know what course others may take, but as for me; give me 3.75" or give me death!

Reaction score
My thinking that 3.75 is coming to an end. I think 5 inch is going to be more of a focus. It will be 6 inch for collectors and 5 inch for kids. I sadly predict that 3.75 doesn’t have more than two years left.

Reaction score
I doubt it, and if 3.75 comes to an end, hopefully Hasbro loses the license. They'd be throwing away a lot of income from a loyal collector base that will only buy that scale. As for 5 inch, I don't see that as the wave of the future, not only because kids don't care about action figures for the most part, but they're pegwarming everywhere, even those hideous gold painted figures are selling better.

Reaction score
I doubt it, and if 3.75 comes to an end, hopefully Hasbro loses the license. They'd be throwing away a lot of income from a loyal collector base that will only buy that scale. As for 5 inch, I don't see that as the wave of the future, not only because kids don't care about action figures for the most part, but they're pegwarming everywhere, even those hideous gold painted figures are selling better.
Trust, I hope that I'm wrong... but I could actually see a scenario where Hasbro goes with 5 and 6 inch, dropping SA 3.75 and just giving us Retro to pacify long time, hard core old collectors.