The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Next wave with the 3 madalorian figures is scheduled March Release. Next after is complete repack wave in August... and interestingly enough I think Hasbro's license is kaput in October 2020... funny that. I'd say the cards are pretty readable here... Disney is non-renewing Hasbro's license. Probably in favor of Mattel or whoever does the other Disney toys.

Reaction score
Next wave with the 3 madalorian figures is scheduled March Release. Next after is complete repack wave in August... and interestingly enough I think Hasbro's license is kaput in October 2020... funny that. I'd say the cards are pretty readable here... Disney is non-renewing Hasbro's license. Probably in favor of Mattel or whoever does the other Disney toys.
I think I can agree. Of course, I would be done. The only question for me is how will Hasbro go out? With a bang or a bomb?

Reaction score
I think I can agree. Of course, I would be done. The only question for me is how will Hasbro go out? With a bang or a bomb?
Sadly, it appears they are afraid to invest anymore into molds. Hopefully they can find some unused molds in the crypt to get us some new characters before the end.

A sad day it will be. The end of an era: Kenner Star Wars 1977-2020 RIP :(

Reaction score
Sadly, it appears they are afraid to invest anymore into molds. Hopefully they can find some unused molds in the crypt to get us some new characters before the end.

True. I've already made a plan to sure up my modern collection and then go back to my vintage and do some restoration projects.

Reaction score
A couple sites reported that Hasbro said what was released for TFF was only 30% of what was coming out for ROS - am I recalling that correctly? If so, where the hell are these other waves of TVC with ROS characters? I don't keep track of numbering, since I'm a loose collector - are there gaps before the Mando figures? Surely between now and January, there has to be more than 5 ROS figures in TVC, especially for the holiday shopping season...

Reaction score
A couple sites reported that Hasbro said what was released for TFF was only 30% of what was coming out for ROS - am I recalling that correctly? If so, where the hell are these other waves of TVC with ROS characters? I don't keep track of numbering, since I'm a loose collector - are there gaps before the Mando figures? Surely between now and January, there has to be more than 5 ROS figures in TVC, especially for the holiday shopping season...
I imagine nothing else will be revealed until after TROS premieres so you're seeing all we'll get through the end of the year. Same goes for The Mandalorian, however I bet wave 11 with Cara Dune, et. al will show up before Christmas.

Reaction score
Right now Amazon has a page for Cara Dune TVC that says sold out and Mando TVC is preorder for 5/1/2020 release, which is likely wrong.

I'm sure it's been mentioned here before, but I assume we'll get new waves sooner than later? Maybe not?

Reaction score
I guess that answers my question about Stormtroopers who are still leftover from the Empire. Was the term "Remnant" ever used in the EU to anyone's knowledge? I feel like I've definitely heard that before in the 90s even, but maybe I'm mistaken.
To my knowledge, it hasn't been a term used in the new canon. Spoilers below (THANK YOU,NEW SOFTWARE!)

in the new canon, the Emperor has a contingency plan where some Imperial higher ups were ordered to meet up in the unknown regions following the Battle of Jakku. Not everybody was invited to the party so to speak.

Reaction score
Is anyone grabbing the preorders from hasbropulse for these new(and rerelease) tvc and black series figures? I am tempted to hop on and pre order to guarantee getting them but the release dates on them seem absurd, release for september of next year?? Why would they be up for pre order so early

Reaction score
So the first repack wave is shipping June 2020 and the second repack wave is September 2020. With no other new figures announced. This seems..... Disappointing.

Reaction score

This. If they are hesitant to invest in new molds, then they really need to embrace kitbashing to make new characters. The recent Klatoonian proved it, at least for me.
There are tons of part in their inventory. While i know they would never release him, they could make Cin Drallig by using 90% of Tholme. Then just use legs from another mold. The same thing for several other unreleased Jedi.

To my knowledge, it hasn't been a term used in the new canon. Spoilers below (THANK YOU,NEW SOFTWARE!)

in the new canon, the Emperor has a contingency plan where some Imperial higher ups were ordered to meet up in the unknown regions following the Battle of Jakku. Not everybody was invited to the party so to speak.
If true, then that Fleet in Hyper space just might be Imperial rather than FO? And if so, it could wind up being FO and Rebellion versus the Empire?

Reaction score
This. If they are hesitant to invest in new molds, then they really need to embrace kitbashing to make new characters. The recent Klatoonian proved it, at least for me.
There are tons of part in their inventory. While i know they would never release him, they could make Cin Drallig by using 90% of Tholme. Then just use legs from another mold. The same thing for several other unreleased Jedi.

If true, then that Fleet in Hyper space just might be Imperial rather than FO? And if so, it could wind up being FO and Rebellion versus the Empire?
It's from the Aftermath books that came out prior to TFA. I think you're right about the fleet from the trailers being original imperial ships.

Reaction score
So can anyone confirm that all these repacks will come with Photo Real Deco? Where are all the guys on this board with Hasbro connections? I need to know so I can cancel my order.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hopefully the photo real allows Hasbro to deem some of the main characters as "definitive" versions that can serve as the name repacks going forward.

Reaction score
Did someone say that there is going to be another show that Hasbro will attend in DEC? I guess Toy Fair is set to be huge and tell us a lot about the health of the line.

Reaction score
I’m hoping at some point we at least get the Tonnikas, seeing how Angela Staines finally decided she was interested in signing the likeness rights and Hasbro reps were informed about this at comic-con:
(Discussed at 4:35 in the video)

Reaction score
As much of a fan I’m not of the repacks, I understand them and I think they’ll be spread out over 2020. Meaning we will likely get more product reveals after around and after TROS. Outta the 12 figs I’ve ordered over the last two months, I’ve ordered 4 repacks. I can live with that if that trend continues

Reaction score
The Clone Wars Obi Wan costs a buttload on amazon, so I'm pumped for him being put out again. In for the clone because it's a dude in white armor and that's about all it takes for me.

Reaction score
So the first repack wave is shipping June 2020 and the second repack wave is September 2020. With no other new figures announced. This seems..... Disappointing.
I think those dates will change and Hasbro is juts hedging their bets to make sure they have enough time to get the waves out. If they tell us May/June and the figures show up in March, we won't complain, right?

Reaction score
Not sure why everyone thinks the line is done, Hasbro mentioned at one of the recent Cons that the future is looking great for TVC.

Reaction score
^ here's the thing though, IF the line is on last breath, Hasbro WILL NOT admit to that at this time. In fact, it is possible that the reps that go to the cons may not be privledged to that information. At this point in time, it would seen logical for Hasbro to have plan for the future in the event the licence is indeed renewed or even if temp on hold for extended negotiations so they'd have something ready to go into production when/if licence is renewed. Call it a "back up" or "just in case" or "be prepared" plan.
Also I would suspect Disney/Lucasfilm has control over the molds so that if Hasbro is out and another company is in, that new company would have something to begin with. I'd would bet if another company took over, we'd still see a few comparable 3.75" released but it may or may not stay. Look back at when Hasbro got Marvel licence, the first year was peppered w/ repainted figs cast from ToyBiz molds w/ new paint aps and ToyBiz logo etched off and replaced w/ Hasbro stamp. Then slowly Hasbro peppered in thier new scale. I remember getting their new classic lizard from the Spider-Man 3 line. It was a tad smaller in scale than the re released/repainted SM2 mold Doc Oc from same SM3 asst. This could be why Hasbro jumped to 5" GoA- at Disney's command (just in case Disney drops Hasbro) Honestly though, I cant see Hasbro totally losing licence but maybe reworking licence and maybe 3.75" is out but 5 and 6* stays to compete w/ other toy lines

Reaction score
^ here's the thing though, IF the line is on last breath, Hasbro WILL NOT admit to that at this time. In fact, it is possible that the reps that go to the cons may not be privledged to that information. At this point in time, it would seen logical for Hasbro to have plan for the future in the event the licence is indeed renewed or even if temp on hold for extended negotiations so they'd have something ready to go into production when/if licence is renewed. Call it a "back up" or "just in case" or "be prepared" plan.
Also I would suspect Disney/Lucasfilm has control over the molds so that if Hasbro is out and another company is in, that new company would have something to begin with. I'd would bet if another company took over, we'd still see a few comparable 3.75" released but it may or may not stay. Look back at when Hasbro got Marvel licence, the first year was peppered w/ repainted figs cast from ToyBiz molds w/ new paint aps and ToyBiz logo etched off and replaced w/ Hasbro stamp. Then slowly Hasbro peppered in thier new scale. I remember getting their new classic lizard from the Spider-Man 3 line. It was a tad smaller in scale than the re released/repainted SM2 mold Doc Oc from same SM3 asst. This could be why Hasbro jumped to 5" GoA- at Disney's command (just in case Disney drops Hasbro) Honestly though, I cant see Hasbro totally losing licence but maybe reworking licence and maybe 3.75" is out but 5 and 6* stays to compete w/ other toy lines
Interesting! You could be on to something. Lots of us 3.75 figure collectors would be hurt but again, i'd just fill some wholes and call it a day. Not interested in starting over. Just like with the Disney build a droids, after the first 24-25 that were done by hasbro, I pretty much shut that down. I'm only interested in collection the Hasbro SW figures.

Reaction score
Not sure why everyone thinks the line is done, Hasbro mentioned at one of the recent Cons that the future is looking great for TVC.
I think many collectors have strong BS detectors, and you need one with Hasbro. They've said a number of things over the years that didn't exactly pan out. They have provided an amazing selection of characters for decades, but with constant repacks and repaints, it tends to be a general indication that a line is winding down. Even if the license isn't renewed, we'll have another year of figures with the current license, but it might be much of the same. If the upcoming repacks don't feature new heads & photo real tech at the very least, that would be a strong indication that Hasbro isn't putting effort into the brand anymore.

Reaction score
I'm hoping we get at least one more Rise of Skywalker wave. I'm not all that hopeful though. The Last Jedi had only 4 super articulated figures around its release so I wouldn't be that surprised if we only got 6 before they move on to other things.

Reaction score
The Last Jedi had a larger assortment of basic 5POA figures...TLJ was also the least toyetic movie of the entire Saga

Reaction score
How many people do you know, that were told they're being let go years before it happens?
Exactly.

Reaction score
Dear Hasbro

Since you are struggling to identify true Smart repacks, let me help you. The VC Grand Moff Tarkin is green. Please make it in Gray.
Yes, and scale down the Black Series head, it’s much better than the TVC head.

Reaction score
That is odd for them to call the Stormtrooper a Remnant. At first I wasn't sure if this was because the figure was leftover remnants, or if it was indeed pulled from EU. lol

Again more rpacks I absolutely do not need, and there's a lot of them. Wicket though? IMO Teebo was the one who should be repacked on TVC card, because he was last released in a Battle Pack. So in a way it would be new for lots of people, especially if they used the "canceled" head version!

For all those old tired looking repacks without photo real, I sure hope they don't plug up the pipeline when it comes time for the new stuff.
Now I totally remember - it's in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. I remember Kyle Katarn mentioning this term "Remnant" then - and it is easily one of the most well-loved Star Wars games. Leave it up to Disney to NOT give us any of those characters, but totally poach what they want otherwise from it. I would personally love to see a Dark Forces movie or a Jedi Knight II style movie with Kyle. I could easily see a Chris Pratt type playing him.

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, his portrayal of Peter Quill does make me think he could pull off Kyle. With a tad less humor than in GOTG.

Reaction score
I think the term “Remnant” in the sense of The Mandalorian series is that the troopers are remnants of the imperial forces.

Reaction score
The Last Jedi had a larger assortment of basic 5POA figures...TLJ was also the least toyetic movie of the entire Saga
It did, but also it seems that GOA serves as Rise of Skywalker's basic line. All I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro doesn't have much more in store for Rise of Skywalker as far as Vintage Collection goes. Gun to my head I'd predict no more than 5 more in the pipeline for the next year.

Reaction score
It did, but also it seems that GOA serves as Rise of Skywalker's basic line. All I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro doesn't have much more in store for Rise of Skywalker as far as Vintage Collection goes. Gun to my head I'd predict no more than 5 more in the pipeline for the next year.
Agreed. I think 6 more TVC RoS figures is about as much as we can realistically hope for in 2020. Plus maybe half that for "the Mandalorian."

Reaction score
I’m fine with just five or 6 more figs as it’s probably the most logical way to fit them and mando in. As far as GOA, aside from some buzz it got their for a few weeks, these things have been clogging shelves everywhere I go. That tells me kids and collectors don’t want those figures.

Reaction score
I’m fine with just five or 6 more figs as it’s probably the most logical way to fit them and mando in. As far as GOA, aside from some buzz it got their for a few weeks, these things have been clogging shelves everywhere I go. That tells me kids and collectors don’t want those figures.
Yeah. Seems like the latest in a long line of gimmick lines that never, ever catch on. I know they're desperate to grab that elusive kid market, but it's basically gone forever at this point and these kinds of childish sub-lines make exactly no one happy.

Reaction score
Its funny that everyone is excited and so looking forward to the mandolorian and its figures and not giving a crap about TROS figures. That's understandable, however, anyone think we will get more that 6 more figures from TROS? We already have 5.