The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Just finally found Lando skiff guard in NY! Also ordered mimbian troopers @6.99 ea from walmart.com.

Reaction score
That latter part is great news, especially now hearing it from two separate sources. Bring on the new playsets! Can't wait to see what they've come up with...
Isnt it more likely to be ESB than ANH given that it's the anniversary? In which case I reckon it'll be a Dagobah play set to go with the new three pack.

Reaction score
Isnt it more likely to be ESB than ANH given that it's the anniversary? In which case I reckon it'll be a Dagobah play set to go with the new three pack.
I thought the same thing, the 3 pack was kind of telling that it'll be Dagobah. I'd much prefer a Kenner style Yoda's hut with a cave attached to it and a small bog area for R2 to get lost in than some 3 wall set like we got for Jabba. Granted, it works for Jabba because it's a building structure. I really hope they simply revamp the basic design of the Kenner version and expand it. Would love an area to "sink" the X-Wing, though I'm not sure how you'd accomplish that. So long as we get Yoda's cave where you can remove a side to see in, maybe an LED orange light for the fire, and a dark side cave, I'm sure it'll sell like hotcakes with collectors.

I just hope they finish the Jabba set with the Dais area before moving on from it. If they take years to do that, my guess it'll never be expanded and simply remain that small set we got.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought the same thing, the 3 pack was kind of telling that it'll be Dagobah. I'd much prefer a Kenner style Yoda's hut with a cave attached to it and a small bog area for R2 to get lost in than some 3 wall set like we got for Jabba. Granted, it works for Jabba because it's a building structure. I really hope they simply revamp the basic design of the Kenner version and expand it. Would love an area to "sink" the X-Wing, though I'm not sure how you'd accomplish that. So long as we get Yoda's cave where you can remove a side to see in, maybe an LED orange light for the fire, and a dark side cave, I'm sure it'll sell like hotcakes with collectors.

I just hope they finish the Jabba set with the Dais area before moving on from it. If they take years to do that, my guess it'll never be expanded and simply remain that small set we got.
We should be getting the dais and barbecue spit next year with two carded exclusive figures like the trophy room set according to JTA. Fingers crossed it gets revealed at one of the five European cons Hasbro will be making reveals at.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't been on here for a while but I need some help please. I am looking to fill the holes in my vintage collection and I still need the coveted VC 66 Salacious Crumb and VC 67 Mouse Droid. I know I'm not the only one but if anyone would be interested in selling or trading for those figures please pm me. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Reaction score
From what I've heard from European collectors Hasbro better bring riot gear. I'll be a bit shocked if I don't hear of at least one irate fan getting sent home.
That's true. Hasbro has releaed a number of things in the UK, but nor continental Europe. Hasbro thinks if they release something in the UK, that counts for all of Europe. Well, wrong Hasbro. If the Brexit finally goes through, they won't be able to think that way anymore, but of course, Hasbro doesn't really care about anybody outside of NA anyway.
T

Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't been on here for a while but I need some help please. I am looking to fill the holes in my vintage collection and I still need the coveted VC 66 Salacious Crumb and VC 67 Mouse Droid. I know I'm not the only one but if anyone would be interested in selling or trading for those figures please pm me. Thanks everyone!
Those are some of the hardest figs to get in the whole entire history of the line, going for as much or more than a Blue Snag or a Yak! They are really cool. I wish you the best.

Would Hasbro ever repack these?

Reaction score
Those are some of the hardest figs to get in the whole entire history of the line, going for as much or more than a Blue Snag or a Yak! They are really cool. I wish you the best.

I wouldn’t think so. The mini figs themselves are easily obtainable. It’s just the mini cards that are rare.

Reaction score
If you're only after the figures, remember the mouse droid comes with TVC Tarkin and also Salacious comes with the Shadows Of The Darkside packaging Jabba The Hutt set with Oola.

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before but here's a Q&A a bunch of fan sites did with Hasbro at NYCC recently. Some interesting questions and answers. Even if it has been posted here before it might be useful if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

https://www.banthaskull.com/story/news-qa-with-hasbro
Hey thanks for reposting this, I never saw any of it. Hasbro outright CONFIRMS more playsets! That in itself is incredible news, even if we pretty much knew it was already coming. Really happy they see the viability in them, especially now at this point when so many collectors have amassed loads of figures and have been waiting years for environments to put them in. I think this will really help Hasbro, especially with the OT.

They've done most of the popular figures definitively, so the playsets allow another way for Hasbro to keep milking the OT lucratively, and a great way to collectors to keep enjoying the figures we already have. I can't tell you the excitement I got when I first saw the images of Jabba's Palace and thinking of all the great figures I could put in there to display. We all win with playsets!

Reaction score
Hey thanks for reposting this, I never saw any of it. Hasbro outright CONFIRMS more playsets! That in itself is incredible news, even if we pretty much knew it was already coming. Really happy they see the viability in them, especially now at this point when so many collectors have amassed loads of figures and have been waiting years for environments to put them in. I think this will really help Hasbro, especially with the OT.

They've done most of the popular figures definitively, so the playsets allow another way for Hasbro to keep milking the OT lucratively, and a great way to collectors to keep enjoying the figures we already have. I can't tell you the excitement I got when I first saw the images of Jabba's Palace and thinking of all the great figures I could put in there to display. We all win with playsets!
Agreed and it also offers an outlet for some figures which, if released separately, may struggle and pegwarm.

Reaction score
Ouch! That is much worse than how mine arrive, it was only slightly bent and not creased. Bummer man.
Yeah, I wouldn’t mind if it was just curved and then I could straighten it. These were straight up bent in half and the cardboard is broken all the way across.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Yeah they are going for insane prices... I never thought that they would be this bad. Oh well, part of collecting I guess. I will never know why on earth Hasbro numbered those figures and produced such a limited supply. Pure evil. I definitely hope that they do repack them, but I doubt it unfortunately. They are literally the only two left that I need and it's killing me haha

Reaction score
Sabersonic 83 I am a MOC collector, but I do have both of those so I keep telling myself that I have a complete collection. My OCD tells me otherwise though :'(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score

You're welcome. It's definitely great that Hasbro themselves confirmed more play-sets are coming after JTA and Yakface all but confirmed them previously. Nice to hear it directly from Hasbro though. I'm optimistic at least one more play-set will be revealed from the five European cons. Maybe more. After the success of Jabba's trophy room I'm sure they've got a few in the works.

I'm definitely with you. The play-set was one of the most exciting TVC reveals for this year. Not just because of what it is but the possibilities for the future.

Reaction score
That's true. Hasbro has releaed a number of things in the UK, but nor continental Europe. Hasbro thinks if they release something in the UK, that counts for all of Europe. Well, wrong Hasbro. If the Brexit finally goes through, they won't be able to think that way anymore, but of course, Hasbro doesn't really care about anybody outside of NA anyway.
T
I respectfully disagree. Things in Europe are far from perfect with Hasbro (no one's pretending otherwise) but there are definitely improvements being made or at least Hasbro are attempting to make improvements. Just at NYCC recently Hasbro announced two changes they're making to try to help distribution in Europe. You can see for yourself at around 46 minutes into the panel with the Yavin Leia and Cave of Evil special action figure set on screen. It will no doubt annoy some carded collectors but if this is what Hasbro has found is needed to potentially get better distribution to Europe then I think Hasbro should absolutely prioritise trying to distribute better to Europe than pleasing some carded collectors. Sometimes some decisions like this come with risking annoying some people and maybe previous Hasbro reps didn't want to take that risk and thus it affected distribution to Europe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SelYI0aQ2O8&t=2938s

Before anyone points out the obvious of Hasbro's Patrick Schneider saying Hasbro have "awoken in the last couple of years to there being great fans outside the US" and how they should have realised that sooner. I definitely agree they should have realised sooner. However, the important thing to remember is a lot of the Hasbro SW team only joined the SW team in the last several years and in some cases might have even become a bigger part of the team in the last couple of years. Certainly Patrick has become a bigger part of the team in the last year and a half or so and his main area is distribution. While distribution is far from perfect (and never will be TBH) I think he's already done a better job than some of his predecessors. A lot of the better case assortment choices for the lines for one is down to him and for the most part those have definitely been chosen better.

My point is the current Hasbro team shouldn't have had to realise that Hasbro has great fans outside the US. Previous teams led by the likes of Steve Evans and Hasbro SW reps prior should have done more to get better distribution outside the US. This should have been something done many years ago. Maybe previous teams didn't want to risk annoying the community that collect figures carded like the initiative the current Hasbro team is doing to improve Europe distribution might do. I don't know on that but I think it's more a case of that previous Star Wars teams could have done more for the markets outside the US.

Another thing that's important though is that Hasbro has branches in various countries and some branches (or the people in charge of them) might not actually care about the collecting community. I can't speak for Germany but I know one of the main UK online retailers Star Action Figures had complaints about Hasbro UK for a while because the person in charge there for a while didn't care at all about collectors, distribution, pricing etc. However, Hasbro UK towards the end of last year got someone else in charge who actually cared and things have changed a lot since then. Better pricing, more accessibility on exclusives, not having to charge more for exclusives than a main-line release etc. While not perfect things have picked up a lot in the UK in the last year not just because of Hasbro as a whole caring more about the UK but Hasbro UK having someone in charge now that actually cares about collectors and the toy community. Obviously I can't speak for other countries but it could well be that the likes of people in charge of Hasbro Germany just don't care. I don't know if they do or don't but it did happen to the UK before and things are a lot better now especially for buying online.

Long story short. Hasbro do care about fans outside the US and are doing something they think will allow better distribution to Europe. Might annoy some carded collectors though. Even if the Hasbro SW team in the US want to get more products outside the US sometimes there can be problems like people in charge of other Hasbro branches not caring like the UK example I mentioned. Plus it's great that the current SW team are trying something to improve distribution outside the US. My only issue is that the current team shouldn't have had to find ways to try to do this. Previous Star Wars teams like when they were under Steve Evans or even people before him should have done more to try to improve distribution outside the US.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So what else is supposed to be coming out this year? Are we "done" with VC until 2020?

Trying to work out my anticipated budget.

Reaction score
So what else is supposed to be coming out this year? Are we "done" with VC until 2020?

There's the Mandalorian AT-ST coming in a couple weeks, but other than that, it's a mystery.

@misterskeezler on Instagram

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. Things in Europe are far from perfect with Hasbro (no one's pretending otherwise) but there are definitely improvements being made or at least Hasbro are attempting to make improvements. Just at NYCC recently Hasbro announced two changes they're making to try to help distribution in Europe. You can see for yourself at around 46 minutes into the panel with the Yavin Leia and Cave of Evil special action figure set on screen. It will no doubt annoy some carded collectors but if this is what Hasbro has found is needed to potentially get better distribution to Europe then I think Hasbro should absolutely prioritise trying to distribute better to Europe than pleasing some carded collectors. Sometimes some decisions like this come with risking annoying some people and maybe previous Hasbro reps didn't want to take that risk and thus it affected distribution to Europe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SelYI0aQ2O8&t=2938s

I'm willing to give Hasbro time to correct things. However, I have to say, unfortunately, when it's come to a number of announced items from TF 2019, there hasn't been a consistent follow through. A number of items have not been made available to many countries in continental Europe from the TVC collection (TBS as well, but I want to focus on TVC), such as Jabba's Palace Adventure Set, TVC Han Solo Stormtrooper, Jabba's skiff guards pack (was available for pre-order here, but then cancelled), TVC Luke Yavin Ceremony, the TVC wave with Lando from Solo, and the TVC Luke's X-Wing. Those items, as far as I know, were all brought into the UK, but not Germany and many other European countries.

Those are some pretty big holes in a lot of collections. I have a local dealer that does his best to find everything, but at this point, he's still trying to get those listed items for his customers. I was so hyped after TF 2019, but as the year rolled on and items never came up for pre-order or were up for pre-order and had a release date then they were cancelled, my opinion towards what Hasbro has said about places outside the US being important too, soured.

Hopefully that explains my frustration with Hasbro at the moment.

Reaction score

I think so. At NYCC Hasbro said after all the TVC reveals (the single carded figures, the vehicles and the Cave of Evil special action figure set) that it was the Fall line up for TVC. Then later in the presentation when discussing the upcoming European conventions they're making reveals at that they said that they deliberately focused on Fall 2019 products at NYCC so the five European cons will have 2020 product reveals. I took both of those to mean that everything shown at NYCC was the line up for the rest of the year which it looks like it is.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks.

Being that have I little to no interest in the AT-ST and Cave of Evil set I think I'm done then for the year. The only thing I might look into getting is the Poe X-Wing if the price is right sometime around the Holidays.

Reaction score
I'm willing to give Hasbro time to correct things. However, I have to say, unfortunately, when it's come to a number of announced items from TF 2019, there hasn't been a consistent follow through. A number of items have not been made available to many countries in continental Europe from the TVC collection (TBS as well, but I want to focus on TVC), such as Jabba's Palace Adventure Set, TVC Han Solo Stormtrooper, Jabba's skiff guards pack (was available for pre-order here, but then cancelled), TVC Luke Yavin Ceremony, the TVC wave with Lando from Solo, and the TVC Luke's X-Wing. Those items, as far as I know, were all brought into the UK, but not Germany and many other European countries.

Those are some pretty big holes in a lot of collections. I have a local dealer that does his best to find everything, but at this point, he's still trying to get those listed items for his customers. I was so hyped after TF 2019, but as the year rolled on and items never came up for pre-order or were up for pre-order and had a release date then they were cancelled, my opinion towards what Hasbro has said about places outside the US being important too, soured.

Hopefully that explains my frustration with Hasbro at the moment.
Yeah, I definitely understand and it is frustrating. I was just saying that yes they are looking at ways to improve things and at NYCC announced a couple of plans that they hope will help get more items into Europe.

In years prior the UK market also missed out on items or online retailers had to charge too much if they really wanted to get an item (otherwise they wouldn't be able to get them and some online retailers refused because they didn't want to sell items at higher prices than they should've been at) to sell so I definitely understand your frustrations as I've been there myself. Like I said the problem might not be Hasbro overall but whoever's in charge of a particular branch. Like I mentioned the previous guy in charge of Hasbro UK couldn't care less about collectors and only when Hasbro UK got a new person in charge last year did things change. Sometimes the problem is a particular countries Hasbro branch or whoever is in charge of it.

Reaction score
Just spoke to Jayson from Yakface and the upcoming TVC OT play-set that's not from ROTJ that he has confirmed has a price "comparable to that of the Jabba's Palace set". So it will either be the same price or around that price. I'm hoping it gets revealed at one of the upcoming European conventions soon.

Yakface have also added that OT play-set to their list of upcoming TVC releases.

Reaction score
I'm hoping it's an updated Imperial Hoth attack base. I'd get two of those for my shelf.

Reaction score
What would be *****in' is if OT play set is made up of former rumored items like cantina dispenser, fly-face and hammerhead figs. Oh one can dream right? But like jabba's palace any included figs would likey be repacks. Hoth set...echo base trooper anyone? And snowtrooper commander. FX7 from target 3pks, would also be nice but would need a better card image. Retooled Derling on rebel commander Card?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Carbon Freeze Chamber platform would be an instant buy, especially if it's close to the film proportions, which really wasn't huge.

Reaction score
Carbon Freeze Chamber platform would be an instant buy, especially if it's close to the film proportions, which really wasn't huge.

W/ both bespin guards' cards would be great. Finally a way to get mr. mustachio

Reaction score

How much would you guys pay for that? What feels fair? Carbon Freezing platform, the area where Luke flies out the window during the Vader fight, the platform where Vader reveals he's Lukes father, some Bespin hallways. Basically similar to the old unreleased Micro Bespin set.

Price point you'd go for?

Reaction score
How much would you guys pay for that? What feels fair? Carbon Freezing platform, the area where Luke flies out the window during the Vader fight, the platform where Vader reveals he's Lukes father, some Bespin hallways. Basically similar to the old unreleased Micro Bespin set.

Price point you'd go for?
I'd be happy with the platform, at a more realistic size, as phase one of a buildable environment. I mean it would need to stick up a bit, so I'm not for a flat disc.

Reaction score
All the ideas I'm reading from you guys with regard to Bespin would be fine with me, but I really hope we get some kind of Yoda's hut Dagobah thing.

Reaction score
If it comes with 2 figs, yoda's hut may be limited to R2, spirit Kenobi and luke pilot landing or I guess, bespin fatiques, if they do not reissue and "cave of evil" figs. So what figs would anyone wish to see w/ a dagobah themed set? There's absolutely nothing wrong w/ these, but I personally would prefer hoth, bespin or star destroyer bridge (w/ Piett and Zuckuss (alien)- finally on tvc card other than the con excl intentional misnamed variant) over dagobah. - kenobi spirit on tvc may be cool if done kinda like tac anakin spirit

Last edited:
Reaction score

I didn't know that. It's almost asking for fakes to hit the market.