The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Reaction score
If they want to do stuff like this to keep it retail viable, fine. But it's apparent we need a true "Collectors Line" sole via HTS, or Haslab that makes the figures we are really after. If people are willing to pay alost $20 to get them online anyways, why not?!
Didnt I say this exact thing like ten pages back when I was talking about how retail for Star Wars is dead and I suggested they turn haslab into a collector focused way of releasing figures we want. Open up the vault for re-releases voted on by fans, votes for development of new figures.

Either way, good idea �� I’m all for haslab being the exclusive venue for TVC. Especially if it means an improved selection and quantity in the line. And for everyone who says they can’t because haslab is only like two people. Pull TVC team over, problem solved.

Im ready to give up on retail for other figure lines as well. Why bother? I can order online and get the figures before I see them in retail most of the time. And if I spend enough there’s typically free shipping options.

Reaction score
Most of us have been saying it. Make TVC a collector line.

Btw, what do you think about the R2 being all grimed up? Still for me a pretty boring rehash (which I won’t be purchasing), but does perpetuate some interest.

Reaction score
Nobody asked for repacks of figures they just bought in the Black Series just to get a freaking card. Some people pointed out, rightfully so, that since there were A LOT of peg warming BS figures in truly uninspired and ugly packaging, they would have been better served as a TVC figure. No one asked to get those same figures, in some cases, STILL available at retail - for repacks. The only repacks I ever saw people asking for were the Gam Guard and the ERG. Army builders like those are pretty obvious choices, any actual repack from here on out should have the Photo Real treatment like Boussh Leia and be included with as many accessories as possible. They should be going for definitive releases of figures instead of scene specific i.e. if you're releasing ANOTHER Jedi Luke Skywalker then include everything we ever see him with in his black outfit. There's no reason Hasbro should skimp on accessories with a $13 price point and a 4 inch piece of plastic.

Reaction score
One issue is 3.75 collectors are divided in a very unique way that you don't see with 6 inch (or really any other line). Yes everyone has their own opinions on what they want and don't to see, PT, OT, ST, EU, etc. That's true across every brand and line currently making Star Wars toys.

But die hard 3.75 collectors spend a LOT of time arguing over silly **** that sends Hasbro incredibly mixed messages.

Aside from the "put it on a TVC card" crowd, you have the card back nitpickers. JTA ran an entire article about how the Yakface cardback was like 5% different from the og vintage card and it NEEDED to be changed. Or people complaining that a piece of tape as extra security was unacceptable and ruined the aesthetic. Complaining that Aphra is on an OT cardback. Things like that .

The amount of arguing over the packaging sends Hasbro a message that this line is abut packaging first, content second. And that means Hasbro has an ENTIRE line of Black Series figures that they can repack with minimal effort. And that's exactly what they're doing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmmm, Steve Evans is teasing the release of something soon with a picture of Red Leader and the caption 'Almost there' on his Instagram page. Blue Leaders X Wing from Rogue One? Vader's TIE from ANH? Death Star playset?
I hope, and I repeat, I hope they aren't doing what I think they're doing. I'm fine with Blue Leader w/ship, but I have no use for another Gold leader. lol
Nor Vader for that matter. If they continue in this manner, they'll lose more people this year. And the hobby will likely never recover another loss of this magnitude.

Reaction score
So what do we think? Do they have the gall to repack the EE threepio on TVC packaging? It’s no different than R2 getting repacked....
well... tvc does not have an ANH C-3PO so it is possible in fall 2019 I suppose. As of now, all spring ('till july) basic/non-excl 2019 TVC have been revealed. Chewbacca is likely #141 since he's featured on Phasma's cardback and her wave is #138-142 and R2 must be #149 (last spring remailing rtail slot) and in wave w/ luke/crait, tank commander, imp gunner and darth revan (#146-150)

bac

Reaction score
The Steve Evans tease, per an earlier version of the same tease, has to do with his favorite face scan tech figure.

I'd wager it's a 6" BS figure, and I'd go further and say it's Mace Windu.

Reaction score
One issue is 3.75 collectors are divided in a very unique way that you don't see with 6 inch (or really any other line). Yes everyone has their own opinions on what they want and don't to see, PT, OT, ST, EU, etc. That's true across every brand and line currently making Star Wars toys.

But die hard 3.75 collectors spend a LOT of time arguing over silly **** that sends Hasbro incredibly mixed messages.

Aside from the "put it on a TVC card" crowd, you have the card back nitpickers. JTA ran an entire article about how the Yakface cardback was like 5% different from the og vintage card and it NEEDED to be changed. Or people complaining that a piece of tape as extra security was unacceptable and ruined the aesthetic. Complaining that Aphra is on an OT cardback. Things like that .

The amount of arguing over the packaging sends Hasbro a message that this line is abut packaging first, content second. And that means Hasbro has an ENTIRE line of Black Series figures that they can repack with minimal effort. And that's exactly what they're doing.
There are certainly different "factions" within the 3.75 collecting community, but there always have been. We were definitely more unified before the 6 inch range entered the arena. That being said, we can all coexist. I love TVC cardbacks, but I don't nitpick, because all I really care about is the actual figure. My only message to Hasbro regarding TVC is give us unmade characters and fan favorites, or I'll stick with the basic line, which I enjoy. Many of us want to support TVC, but they have to produce better assortments to keep us engaged. We know times have changed, and TVC wont ever be what it once was, but with a bit more effort, they can please a significant portion of their longtime customers.

bac

Reaction score
What differentiates the Walmart BS line from TVC? The packaging. That's it. So bringing back TVC is Hasbro's way of answering the call from collectors that care about packaging.

I'm not totally against R2 being repackaged on a TVC card as long as it's a single wave and one per case. Make him rare.

I'm not in love with the idea either. But from a packaging perspective the line is missing ANH R2, and this is a cheap way for Hasbro to get one out. I collect packaged and loose so I'll definitely want a nice carded one.

Hopefully one or two of the remaining six unannounced spring 2019 figures are new sculpts to balance with R2 and Chewy. I still feel like Hasbro is deliberately holding back the best of what next year has to offer for big announcements at Toy Fair and Celebration.

Reaction score
I guess technically they put these two out in the original VOTC in 2004 (or it was VTSC in 2006), but you’re right for sure—it’s nice for some people who don’t already own a bunch to have another chance at them. Who does that leave still needing done from the original 12?
As official TVC numbered releases, Luke, Han, Leia, Jawa, Tusken and Obi Wan.
I guess if you want to get technical and limit the 12 to SW cards, you'd have to reissue C-3PO & Stormtrooper. Those 2 were on ESB tvc numbered cards, not SW. Maybe for Stormtrooper, issue a variant of the upcoming Rogue One Stormtrooper like one be clean and other dirty. As for 3PO, see my previous post

Reaction score
Didnt I say this exact thing like ten pages back when I was talking about how retail for Star Wars is dead and I suggested they turn haslab into a collector focused way of releasing figures we want. Open up the vault for re-releases voted on by fans, votes for development of new figures.

Either way, good idea �� I’m all for haslab being the exclusive venue for TVC. Especially if it means an improved selection and quantity in the line. And for everyone who says they can’t because haslab is only like two people. Pull TVC team over, problem solved.

Im ready to give up on retail for other figure lines as well. Why bother? I can order online and get the figures before I see them in retail most of the time. And if I spend enough there’s typically free shipping options.
Trust me, that is probably a really bad idea. For G.I. Joe's 25th anniversary of the 4 inch G.I. Joe they came out with super articulated versions of many of the characters in their classic looks on original/vintage style packaging. They were really popular with fans because they were great modern figures but in the classic look for both the character and packaging, much like SW Vintage Collection. Anyways, once they stopped selling the vintage Joe figures like this they eventually started a "Subscription" program through the G.I. Joe Club. If I remember correctly, I think it ended up costing about $30 per figure and you didn't always know ahead of time before you payed which characters you would be getting. This was through the G.I. Joe Club, and not technically Hasbro, but they were approved or liscensed by Hasbro and are considered official G.I. Joes. My point in explaining this is that I would hate to have Hasbro do something similar with super articulated Star Wars 3.75 figures. I have a really bad feeling that if they started selling SW Vintage figures from Haslab or something like it, than the price will really go up on the figures and they won't be as easy to get.

Reaction score
In my eyes subscription services and crowd funding is just amateur hour.

Reaction score
What differentiates the Walmart BS line from TVC? The packaging. That's it. So bringing back TVC is Hasbro's way of answering the call from collectors that care about packaging.

I'm not totally against R2 being repackaged on a TVC card as long as it's a single wave and one per case. Make him rare.

I'm not in love with the idea either. But from a packaging perspective the line is missing ANH R2, and this is a cheap way for Hasbro to get one out. I collect packaged and loose so I'll definitely want a nice carded one.

Hopefully one or two of the remaining six unannounced spring 2019 figures are new sculpts to balance with R2 and Chewy. I still feel like Hasbro is deliberately holding back the best of what next year has to offer for big announcements at Toy Fair and Celebration.
Yeah, at the very least, they changed his deco which I can appreciate. But for George's sake Hasbro, if you are insisting on repacks give us something NEW with them! This R2 is so small that he should feature every single accessory imaginable such as: magnetic restraining bolt (probably needs to be a bit oversized for this feature, but cool nonetheless), his extender arm for plugging into the Death Star, Princess Leia hologram mini projection. MAKE him ANH. Make it obvious, give us the accessories associated with that movie. I just can't stand this bland repack crap without any kind of improvement or change. The deco is literally the LEAST they could do, but it's a small start. For a 4" figure, we should be getting a plethora of accessories each time. Cassian was decent, having his blaster assembly, but even Rey didn't come with BB-8, yet her 6" counterpart did and it's not like it kicked up the figure in price. Why can't we have the exact same thing in TVC? She should be given her weathered X-Wing pilot helmet too. Little things like that go a LONG way with collectors.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmmm, Steve Evans is teasing the release of something soon with a picture of Red Leader and the caption 'Almost there' on his Instagram page. Blue Leaders X Wing from Rogue One? Vader's TIE from ANH? Death Star playset?
Most keep mentioning an X-Wing, but you might be right about Vader's TIE. There was a rumor Hasbro had a new Vder's TIE all tooled up, but were looking for the right ime to bring it out. I'd be all over a new TIE for Vader. My only TIE of his is the original Vintage one that's in pretty bad shape.

I'd also be happy with a TVC Luke's X-Wing as well or even Blue Leader from RO.
M

Reaction score
My idea for how a crowd funded figure “line” should work would be similar to what Haslab did with the Barge, but also similar to what Lego Ideas does. There would be a few simple, easy steps.

Basically, people submit a figure they want to see (ex. New Super Articulated ultimate Han Solo).
Then it takes a certain number of votes to be added to the official list.
Then people would be able to go and “pledge” for whatever figures made it to the list. There would be a certain number of orders required, but once the number was hit, people would be locked in and the figure would go into production. People could continue to “pledge/buy” this figure up until a certain point before release.
Ideally, the cost would go down as purchases go up, similar to how All In works on most Kickstarters.
Also, the list would stay open indefinitely. If they HAD to do waves, they would just get slotted into them in the order they get funded.

I’m sure there would be other ideas that could work, but this one seems simple and easy to me. Just like the barge, it puts the “put up or shut up” right to the consumers and also lets Hasbro know exactly what we want. Wouldn’t have to just be figures, either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That’s exactly how I would want it done as well. The power of votes. Just because other subscription services didn’t work out doesn’t mean the idea is not worth looking at. Look at the state of retail for TVC. Clearly this isn’t working. Other subscription services took choice away. Or required you to purchase said figure. Why not just make the subscription a right to vote. You can keep the subscription price low enough that people will sign up and it doesn’t cost haslab anything because there’s no actual product tied to the subscription.

There were 8000 barges sold right? I’m sure that’s not the true number of individual collectors so let’s make an assumption that there where only 5000 unique subscribers. Haslab subscription costs $5 a month. A dollar amount we allbutn in gas on toy runs easily. Haslab now has $25000 per month of development money....or the cost of one new mold. So every year haslab has the develop money for 12 all new figures already paid for. Those 12 could collector focused and hasbro assumes no risk. They no longer need to sell X number of figures before they start turning a profit.

Now for additional “no cost” revenue we have the voting part of the subscription. There are different polls. The cheap one is the re-release poll. The catch is the vote works like a pledge system. If you vote and your vote wins, you are automatically billed for said figure. The figure is then released in rotation at the haslab store and you have the option of purchasing more and so can everyone else who’s vote didn’t win but they are still interested in the figure. We are already spending upwards of $30 for some figures on eBay, so hasbro could charge $15 and some re-releases would seem like a bargain.

New character voting could work the same way. If your vote wins, your money is pledged. Remember, tooling cost is covered by the subscription so the number they need to sell is way down.

I’m sure there are logistics I’m overlooking but the way I look at it is if they don’t create a subscription based Avenue soon, they won’t have the numbers to do it ever. This latest run of TVC, people are going to walk away and not come back at all. The barge brought back interest for a lot of collectors. If they squander this momentum it’ll sink the line.

Reaction score
Why put a limit on the number of figures though? If they hit 20, 30, 40+ figures? Make them all.

It really doesn’t have to be that complicated. Just a matter of Hasbro wanting to do it. It’s basically a win all around for them as well. Minimal effort, direct consumer feedback, and they end up with molds for better figures and vehicles that they can then use forever.

Reaction score
Why put a limit on the number of figures though? If they hit 20, 30, 40+ figures? Make them all.

It really doesn’t have to be that complicated. Just a matter of Hasbro wanting to do it. It’s basically a win all around for them as well. Minimal effort, direct consumer feedback, and they end up with molds for better figures and vehicles that they can then use forever.
I’m just saying a subscription service allows them to make 12 no risk figures. They can still make other figures under the current plan. Anything they would normally get made and released to retail is now just part of their regular store inventory along with the the voted on re-releases/repackaged figures and voted on all new products. It’s a way to increase the number of figures each year.

Reaction score
They should experiment with voting and subscription. They have very little to lose by trying these out and only doing runs with commitments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I’m just saying a subscription service allows them to make 12 no risk figures. They can still make other figures under the current plan. Anything they would normally get made and released to retail is now just part of their regular store inventory along with the the voted on re-releases/repackaged figures and voted on all new products. It’s a way to increase the number of figures each year.
The trouble with this is planning, and whether they can manage releasing those characters along side the basic line w/o creating doubles. Similar to what they did with Saga Legends several years ago.

Also, by doing a subscription service they reap the benefits of 100% profits. Versus selling to vendors at cost so that retail can see a profit margin.
After all, if some collectors will pay $15-20 online to third parties anyway. Why not let Hasbro have 100% of that and keep it all in house?
Thus allowing for the obscure characters we want made. The sooner we face facts that the old retail paradigm is gone, or quickly going away. The sooner we can accept a new way to buy these figures. As it seems most of us here do anyways. How many people report that they bought from "ebay seller" due to not finding them in stores?

It just seems like a no brainer to me, that this is the next logical step. The TVC ine now is like what 20-30, with the majority being repacks?
I think I could be fine with 24 per year, that's two per month that are all new. That's only $480 @ $20 each.
This way they could cater to everyone, no just OT fans. Because in doing it this way, I hope to get some Classic EU characters too!
Otherwise I'm out. Because lets be honest, not too many OT characters are left. Which means we're left with PT, ST and EU/Legends. So that would essentially allow for each era to have 6 slots each. Versus only 3 with 12 figure per year. Which isn't much when you consider that not every character will appeal to everyone. For instance, I'd likely pass on all the ST characters. So I would either sell or trade those off, which could offset any costs associated with subscription service fees if any.

I think it could definitely work given the right mentality, circumstances, marketing etc.

Reaction score
I am intrigued by the voting idea but not quite sure how that would work. You'd have to have a limit on the number of figures released since Hasbro has to have a budget set ahead of time. The number would have to be fairly low, like 24 a year, since some figures cost more to make than others. Another issue is whether or not collectors are willing to wait 18 months minimum for the vote figures to be released. The biggest thing is that they have got to make it crystal clear what characters are off limits. Either legends characters are in or they are out and the same goes for the tonnikas,etc. I'm just not entirely sure it would work out. Original Trilogy collectors have gotten so many figures over the years that the collectors have split into various niche segments. There's a lot of collectors that are trying to finish out mos eisley aliens,jabba goons,etc and would then consider their collections complete. My concern would be that after the initial vote ,that knocks out the big collector wants, it turns into figures being made that only 2 out of 10 collectors have any interest in.

Reaction score
Well yes new figures take development time, in the meantime have re-release voting. Those can be pumped out quicker. I’d be all over Dagobah Landing Luke, TVC ANH Vader, legacy figures on TVC cards (mainly because the go for quite a bit loose currently). Some of those legacy figs are perfect and don’t need updates at all. Nikto gunner for the barge anyone?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well yes new figures take development time, in the meantime have re-release voting. Those can be pumped out quicker. I’d be all over Dagobah Landing Luke, TVC ANH Vader, legacy figures on TVC cards (mainly because the go for quite a bit loose currently). Some of those legacy figs are perfect and don’t need updates at all. Nikto gunner for the barge anyone?
That's a good idea

Reaction score
Who should i online order from for like say the Range Trooper? I want immaculate packaging as I am an AFA graded figs and sealed MOC guy. I know i know... please forgive my OCD graded issues but this figure is one of my favorite of this upcoming wave. TIA

Reaction score
I'd love another avenue for obscure character releases, but this has been asked of Hasbro a number of times. I don't want to rain on anyones parade, but a subscription service based on fan votes is something I don't think they have the staff or desire to do, because of the volume they need to sell in order to make a profit. With the recent announcement of layoffs at Hasbro, are they going to task staff to organize a constant Fan's Choice Poll? We get those rarely as it is, I cant imagine them using their diminishing resources to do that. Haslab might offer a multipack of unmade aliens or something to test the water, but I don't see them giving consumers the vote on everything they release via a subscription - they're too big. If the 3.75 license belonged to NECA or another smaller company...maybe.

Reaction score
Well if that’s the case, I don’t see TVC lasting past 2020. Just a hunch. When 2021 rolls around we’ll see if I’m right. Adapt or die, 3.75” SA format is definitely on the way out in favor of 6” and 5poa. Unless some major changes happen.

Reaction score
I am that niche collector who stopped purchasing to open in the waning days of the Legacy Collection, and who is thrilled to add previously-released characters in nouveau-Vintage packaging to my relatively small carded collection. Jyn, Kylo, FO Stormtrooper, ANH Chewie, TAC Revan - BRING EM ON! At this stage in my life and my collection, I don’t see a need nor do I have the space to add more loose figures to the 1,000+ I’ve already acquired, and my carded collection is carefully curated to encompass what I consider to be significant touchstones of the Saga without being redundant.

Reaction score
If the 3.75 license belonged to NECA or another smaller company...maybe.
The only toy companies besides Hasbro who can afford to make Star Wars toys due to licensing fees are Mattel, Bandai and Medicom and maybe Funko.

Bandai and Medicom already have the license and they focus on 6 inch and 6 inch only.

Mattel is the only hope for 3.75. Because even if Neca had it, they'd just make more 6 inch stuff.

If Funko had it, they'd probably make true vintage throw back 3.75, 5poa figures.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Isn’t it possible they could have a non exclusive 3.75 line? If multiple companies make 6” and 12” lets have the same with 3.75.

Reaction score
Isn’t it possible they could have a non exclusive 3.75 line? If multiple companies make 6” and 12” lets have the same with 3.75.

Sure. But I wonder how people would react to the possibilities that would bring.

Funko would, again, probably just do 5poa vintage stuff. Which I'm sure TVC moc collectors would have no problem with. Or I can't imagine a problem with beautifully sculpted 5poa figures that never leave the card for those who collect that way. Though Funkos 3.75 stuff isn't as nice as Hasbros imo.

Medicom doesn't do 3.75 at ALL as far as I'm aware.

Mattel could do it and make people happy. But again, I don't think their stuff is anywhere near as nice as Hasbros. Their articulation is fugly and their paint apps are serviceable. If they did step it up, expect similar prices to Hasbro with similar accessories. If you're expecting Jurassic Park amounts of goodies, expect $20 figures.

Bandai does 3.75 but it's gonna get expensive. Their Dragon Ball Z shoto line is incredibly articulated, detailed and well painted. But their joint system is gappy like a lot of import figures and I know people hate the look of some of Hasbros joints. Which are far cleaner looking. They come with minimal accessories for $12 to $14 a pop. Take into account the Star Wars licensing fees and you're probably looking at $20 3.75 figures with minimal accessories. More if you want well packed, "ultimate" figures.

And as far as vehicles go, only Mattel has a track record of giving those.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sure. But I wonder how people would react to the possibilities that would bring.

Funko would, again, probably just do 5poa vintage stuff. Which I'm sure TVC moc collectors would have no problem with. Or I can't imagine a problem with beautifully sculpted 5poa figures that never leave the card for those who collect that way. Though Funkos 3.75 stuff isn't as nice as Hasbros imo.

Medicom doesn't do 3.75 at ALL as far as I'm aware.

Mattel could do it and make people happy. But again, I don't think their stuff is anywhere near as nice as Hasbros. Their articulation is fugly and their paint apps are serviceable. If they did step it up, expect similar prices to Hasbro with similar accessories. If you're expecting Jurassic Park amounts of goodies, expect $20 figures.

Bandai does 3.75 but it's gonna get expensive. Their Dragon Ball Z shoto line is incredibly articulated, detailed and well painted. But their joint system is gappy like a lot of import figures and I know people hate the look of some of Hasbros joints. Which are far cleaner looking. They come with minimal accessories for $12 to $14 a pop. Take into account the Star Wars licensing fees and you're probably looking at $20 3.75 figures with minimal accessories. More if you want well packed, "ultimate" figures.

And as far as vehicles go, only Mattel has a track record of giving those.

I'm with you on that. You also have to take into account that Mattel would most likely start the line all over again, meaning get ready for Lukes and Vaders you already have dozens of. Mattel isn't going to spend the massive amount of money to get the license just to put out Tigwa Scusteh from the pod race nose bleed seats kind of figures.

Reaction score
I'm with you on that. You also have to take into account that Mattel would most likely start the line all over again, meaning get ready for Lukes and Vaders you already have dozens of. Mattel isn't going to spend the massive amount of money to get the license just to put out Tigwa Scusteh from the pod race nose bleed seats kind of figures.
This is the main point tat has to be remembered. Any other company will start all over again, whereas Hasbro already has a huge library of great figures that they can easily repack as well as expanding on what they already have.

To me, the real tell-tale sign of 3.75" will be if Hasbro gets rid of the 5 POA line. If they do that, then we know for sure that not enough kids are interested in 3.75" at all and it's not profitable. Sure, Hasbro could shut down SA/TVC lines first, but they can always bring them back or put them on the slow burner and do what they did between 2013-2018 ( a few figures every year), however, if 5 POA goes, that would probably mean the end for 3.75"

T

Reaction score
The only toy companies besides Hasbro who can afford to make Star Wars toys due to licensing fees are Mattel, Bandai and Medicom and maybe Funko.

Bandai and Medicom already have the license and they focus on 6 inch and 6 inch only.

Mattel is the only hope for 3.75. Because even if Neca had it, they'd just make more 6 inch stuff.

If Funko had it, they'd probably make true vintage throw back 3.75, 5poa figures.
We know a company like NECA could never afford it, its just a hypothetical situation where they're small enough to cater directly to collectors. Hasbro will hold the license as long as its viable.

Funko has made some amazing 3.75 figures - the Dark Crystal line is a perfect example - however they are a bit more fragile, and geared toward adults, so that might limit overlapping sales to kids.

In all reality, I don't see anything changing. Unless Episode IX brings a big increase in action figure sales, I think they are going to scale back drastically if they hold onto the license.

Reaction score
I need to say I DON’T think Hasbro will ever do the vote system I described. And I don’t think they’ll do any sort of subscription service or direct to consumer type of service. I could be wrong, but I think Hasbro is just going to do what they are doing until the very last moment it stops working.

I’ve said it before, and been scoffed at, but I’m pretty sure in the next ten or so years we’ll be able to affordably be able to print a fully colored, fully articulated figure in whatever scale we want. I could be overestimating the time frame, but it’s going to happen. Companies are going to need to get ahead of this somehow, and direct consumer interaction is going to be necessary.

Reaction score
Can other companies produce a 3.75" line? I don't believe that's correct. That's why Star Wars Funko Pops are always bobble-heads. Some sort of loophole because Hasbro has exclusive rights to 3.75" Star Wars figures and Funko Pops are close to that size. Also Lego can't release minifigures individually for Star Wars that's why they'd pack them in with tiny ships.

Reaction score
Can other companies produce a 3.75" line? I don't believe that's correct. That's why Star Wars Funko Pops are always bobble-heads. Some sort of loophole because Hasbro has exclusive rights to 3.75" Star Wars figures and Funko Pops are close to that size. Also Lego can't release minifigures individually for Star Wars that's why they'd pack them in with tiny ships.
No Hasbros contract agreement basically means they have no competition lol. In Japan they have a few people with the license. But here I'm guessing Hasbro negotiated exclusivity

Last edited:
Reaction score
I need to say I DON’T think Hasbro will ever do the vote system I described. And I don’t think they’ll do any sort of subscription service or direct to consumer type of service. I could be wrong, but I think Hasbro is just going to do what they are doing until the very last moment it stops working.

I’ve said it before, and been scoffed at, but I’m pretty sure in the next ten or so years we’ll be able to affordably be able to print a fully colored, fully articulated figure in whatever scale we want. I could be overestimating the time frame, but it’s going to happen. Companies are going to need to get ahead of this somehow, and direct consumer interaction is going to be necessary.
when that happens (or if) then maybe we won't even collect figures anymore per se but instead have collections of printable figures that we COULD print whenever we want but choose not to. Maybe locked to owners using blockchain bitcoin style technology to create a market. This would be kind of like collecting pokemon I am guessing but there would be money involved versus just hunting for them.

faaaar ouuut maaaaaan...o-o (closest emoji to zonked out stoner i could find)

Last edited:
Reaction score
...ummm, i see lego minifigs sold individually at actual lego stores whenever I go in there...that was years ago but I dont think Lego has to use any kind of loophole as they definitely have a massive license probably worth nearly as much as to Disney as Hasbro's