The Vintage Collection Change.org Petition

Decarbonited

Captain
Reaction score
I’d like to see the Legacy Collection return. I couldn’t care less about the VC cardbacks, especially since they limit larger accessories like the cantina stools some aliens came with. An unmasked Kylo with the Vader helmet on a pedestal would be cool.

Also, if anyone has a minute there’s a petition lots of fan sites are rallying behind to show more demand.

https://www.change.org/p/hasbro-pet...dium=copylink&utm_campaign=petition_dashboard

TK_842

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Already signed and shared. Crossing fingers enough poeple visiting these forums will sign as well.

Masterfett

Emperor
Reaction score
I kind of agree. I mean if it weren't for TVC all those repacks would seem futile because no one wants it if it isn't on a Vintage card.
Problem is starting over always starts back at 1, and the problem being is that all those characters have already run their course several times over.

TVC packaging at least gets more eyes to buy. If it wee any other style of Cardback I'm not sure how well it would really so even if there were considerable more new figures. Though i would possibly like to see a dedicated Mandalorian Cardback.

Maverick10126

Emperor's Hand
Reaction score
The goal is 1000 supporters? Um, that's not appreciable sales data for Hasbro.

Hasbro isn't necessarily the problem here. It's WM. If WM doesn't buy it, Hasbro wont make it. Hasbro makes a lot of random crap like those recent gold repaints purely to try to get sales out of WM. WM doesn't have a good sense of the toy market, Hasbro's just trying to keep the con going and selling them crap.

TK_842

Sith Lord
Reaction score
1000 is only the first milestone. To be significant, petition must reach at least 10.000.

xfamousnicknaro

High Admiral
Reaction score
The goal is 1000 supporters? Um, that's not appreciable sales data for Hasbro.

Hasbro isn't necessarily the problem here. It's WM. If WM doesn't buy it, Hasbro wont make it. Hasbro makes a lot of random crap like those recent gold repaints purely to try to get sales out of WM. WM doesn't have a good sense of the toy market, Hasbro's just trying to keep the con going and selling them crap.
So, why does Walmart carry the Jazwares 4” Fortnite stuff? Or the Spinmaster 4” DC stuff? Those also have larger counterparts hanging side by side. Are we really going to believe Walmart’s toy buyers are approaching Hasbro and saying “F your 4” scale stuff across the board. We only want 6” figures.”? I highly doubt that.

Kevin83

Lieutenant Commander
Reaction score
Somebody hasn't been keeping up, I guess.

That argument has so many holes shot in it now, it's rusting at the bottom of a Dagobah swamp. I guess I should just start saving all these points to a word pad, so I can cut and paste them for people who apparently don't keep up with the thread. TBS "selling better" than TVC is only because TVC isn't in stores to buy, period. Why is this so difficult for some people to grasp?

If a grocery store stocks only Pepsi products, and doesn't carry Coke, which brand do you think they're going to say sells better? And is that irrefutable proof that Coke is somehow less popular than Pepsi? Of course not. So then why do people keep rehashing this as some type of airtight argument of TBS' superiority?

Also, this is no longer an argument of cost effectiveness. We're not discussing that here in this part of the forum. Not anymore. What we're discussing NOW is how Hasbro sabotaged the 3.75" line in some misguided attempt to push all collectors to the 6" scale, and then tried to lay the blame solely on the 3.75" collecting community. I won't bother repeating the details of how they went about doing that. It's all clearly laid out in the article Banthaskull posted last week. I suggest you seek it out.

Again, this is no longer an argument of which line, in theory, generates more revenue for Hasbro. This is now about the 3.75" community making their voices heard. It's about us reminding Hasbro that we haven't gone anywhere. It's about us telling Hasbro that we didn't abandon The Vintage Collection, THEY did. And most importantly, it's about us holding Hasbro responsible for their mistakes and blatant deceit.
Well, clearly some are still discussing which line makes more money for Hasbro, or I wouldn’t have responded to Galaxy Shot’s post. And I don’t remember anyone dictating what subjects can and can’t be discussed on this general thread.

And I’m all for letting Hasbro know that we want more TVC (I signed the petition too). My larger point is that Hasbro doesn’t intrinsically hate or love any particular scale, they just want to make the most money possible. And for a variety of reasons, they are under the impression that TBS is a better money maker for them. I sincerely hope the current efforts encourage an increase in TVC production.

Coloring

High Admiral
Reaction score
I signed this as soon as I saw it up.

I also recently re-read all the fansite Q&A answers and they really seemed to reiterate "TVC isnt going anywhere and we need your help to know what to repack and what you want in the line". My two take aways from these are:

1) I think if the line was in danger of being canceled they would be more blunt about it.

And more importantly-
2) I think the fan sites should ban together and do a very targeted poll asking "who is your most wanted repacked figure from each movie/show/EU?" And "what one NEW figure do you want made in TVC?". Then they could tell Hasbro "look, our visitors want TVC Qui Gon Jinn, Legacy Plo koon, Black Series Captain Rex and Legacy K'kruhk repacked, and they want Ben Solo and Sabine Wren in TVC".

Hasbro says they listen and that's why they didn't repack Revan, because there was outcry about him being a straight repack. I think a coordinated wishlist project like this would go along way in the line getting a pretty strong foothold.

HothHan

Emperor's Hand
Reaction score
I mean I get it...but really? Quarantine must really be getting to people.

StarFin

Vice Admiral
Reaction score
Signed it earlier this week. Though I want more new vehicles and sets rather than new figures.

Seize9

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Signed it a few days ago, nice to see it's getting closer to 5000 signatures.

Masterfett

Emperor
Reaction score
I signed this as soon as I saw it up.

I also recently re-read all the fansite Q&A answers and they really seemed to reiterate "TVC isnt going anywhere and we need your help to know what to repack and what you want in the line". My two take aways from these are:

1) I think if the line was in danger of being canceled they would be more blunt about it.

And more importantly-
2) I think the fan sites should ban together and do a very targeted poll asking "who is your most wanted repacked figure from each movie/show/EU?" And "what one NEW figure do you want made in TVC?". Then they could tell Hasbro "look, our visitors want TVC Qui Gon Jinn, Legacy Plo koon, Black Series Captain Rex and Legacy K'kruhk repacked, and they want Ben Solo and Sabine Wren in TVC".

Hasbro says they listen and that's why they didn't repack Revan, because there was outcry about him being a straight repack. I think a coordinated wishlist project like this would go along way in the line getting a pretty strong foothold.
Okay so probably a double edge sword in all this, but I can agree Revan should be all new. So it makes sense, but does Hasbro understand what we mean? I personally didn't see the outcry they speak of, then again I don't participate in social media.

What kind of feed back are they really interested in, and how long have we been vocal about the various issues over the years only to have fallen on deaf ears?
I realize Hasbro Pulse it probably too small of an outlet to capture everyone's voice, but I'm not sure twitter is the right fit either. there's no real way to reach everyone.

That said Pulse would be a good way to start some kind of fan interaction that could have links to twitter/FB or IG or whatever peeps are using.
Someone only needs to be interested/care enough to start various polls to gather the data on what people are interested in. Hasbro has a vast library of figures to reissue, even some of the older ones like you mention that were HTF would be great candidates. It would give the line some freshness compared to the same old same old. If K'Kruhk doesn't sell as well as a Luke reissue with new face, no real harm done compared to past slow sellers like barrel chested Han, Jyn, etc. because eventually they will sell due to their short supply and niche appeal.

Also considering how much average TVC figures are fetching on ebay only a few months after release, it seems there aren't too many bum releases these days.

Coloring

High Admiral
Reaction score
@Masterfett "Outcry" meaning every article on any fansite that mentioned him being repacked had comments to the extent of "is it really a straight repack or are they updating his legs?" "Its 2019, they're gonna expect full price for a 2007 figure with 2002 articulation?" Like I said, it seemed more on fan sites than Twitter or Facebook accounts.

These fansites have Hasbro's ear because they get to engage the team members directly in Q&A sessions (you cab find all the questions and answers compiled on those sites and others that didnt participate, such as yakface.com). From reading their answers, Hasbro seems to reiterate "tell us what works. Help us know what's a good candidate for a repack". Not everyone that buys these figures are participants/visitors to these sites, but everyone that visits these sites buys figures.

I just think if these sites (that are able to directly interact with Hasbro) did a poll, even if it's every 6-12 months and were able to tell Hasbro "there's a big demand for these EU characters re-released" or "people really want Rebels in TVC" it's a better roadmap than re-releasing something like Yavin Luke that maybe might not have been the big seller they hoped.

darth_sidious

Emperor
Reaction score
Is there a list anywhere of the fan sites that are participating / promoting this? I'd be curious to know if any collecting websites are not covering it.

darth_sidious

Emperor
Reaction score
Here is what I've found thus far using:

#Save375 #FightForTVC #BackTVC

Front page:

yakfaceforums.com
jeditemplearchives.com
jedibusiness.com
banthaskull.com
bossksbounty.com
jediinsider.com
jedidefender.com

No front page mention:

rebelscum.com
starwarscollector.com

====

We should urge all collecting websites to promote the campaign. The two that haven't posted, have been notified, but nothing has shown up yet. At least here at RS, there is a thread in the forums, but a front page mention would be beneficial.

Last edited:

jimmii

High Admiral
Reaction score
Here is what I've found thus far using:

Front page:

yakfaceforums.com
jeditemplearchives.com
jedibusiness.com
banthaskull.com
bossksbounty.com
jediinsider.com
jedidefender.com

No front page mention:

rebelscum.com
starwarscollector.com

====

We should urge all collecting websites to promote the campaign. The two that haven't posted, have been notified, but nothing has shown up yet. At least here at RS, there is a thread in the forums, but a front page mention would be beneficial.
I've seen this on twitter, and signed the petition last week. Has it reached 5,000 yet?

Tulgah

High Admiral
Reaction score
4,852 as of right now. It’ll get there really soon.

darth_sidious

Emperor
Reaction score
UPDATED

Front page:

yakfaceforums.com
jeditemplearchives.com
jedibusiness.com
banthaskull.com
bossksbounty.com
jediinsider.com
jedidefender.com
starwarscollector.com
customsforthekid.blogspot.com
youtube.com/user/darla83 (Usualmike Television)

No front page mention:

rebelscum.com
galactichunter.com/gh/

====

I've reached out to an admin here on RS, so hopefully it gets posted soon! I'm sure more sites have posted about it, if I'm missing anything, please let me know. We should promote everyone that's rallying for this campaign.

Since1978

Emperor
Reaction score
Hey guys, there are a lot of old time RS members working the petition. We were glad to see it finally get a mention on the front page here. I know it seems futile, but a lot of the old gang from here, Lunchbox, Lando Griffen, etc. are organizing the petition on social media. We are passing 6000 signers. We’d like to get to at least 7500, and with luck all the way to 10000. We also have had enough behind the scenes conversations with Hasbro to know they’ve already taken notice. This can make a difference, so please give it your vote. If you’re out on social media, then we’ve probably already talked!

EmperorOne

Line Captain
Reaction score
What indicates they have taken notice? Just look at today's reveals. Black Series gets what, 15 new reveals, and we get 0? Would it have killed them to throw us a bone and at least reveal Chirrut or the Carbon Freeze Set? What is their great mystery plan for these reveals, there is no SDCC. We were all pissed last month when we just got the single repack Luke reveal, now I see we were lucky to even be an after-thought! It just seems like Hasbro is intent on pushing everyone into the 6" scale and I would probably just quit collecting their merchandise if 3.75" goes extinct.

Since1978

Emperor
Reaction score
Several of us talk with the Hasbro managers with some frequency. They have noticed. The announcements today had nothing to do with the petition. The timing of when Hasbro can act on something isn’t overnight. The point of this is the much longer game. Give it a chance and your virtual signature.

darth_sidious

Emperor
Reaction score
Hey guys, there are a lot of old time RS members working the petition. We were glad to see it finally get a mention on the front page here. I know it seems futile, but a lot of the old gang from here, Lunchbox, Lando Griffen, etc. are organizing the petition on social media. We are passing 6000 signers. We’d like to get to at least 7500, and with luck all the way to 10000. We also have had enough behind the scenes conversations with Hasbro to know they’ve already taken notice. This can make a difference, so please give it your vote. If you’re out on social media, then we’ve probably already talked!
I messaged ChrisWyman, and it went up quick on the RS front page - glad the admins are supporting it here as well. If anyone has contact with someone over at Galactic Hunter, drop them a line to post about it as well. I'm still keeping track of the sites that are joining the cause - I don't use twitter and similar media, so I'm glad that's being covered. Are there anymore major sites that haven't posted?

KyleRendarVos1977

Midshipman
Reaction score
I agree with the sentiment that TVC packaging isn't a huge priority for me. I just want a return to the prolific merchandising days where you could walk into any major retailer and find gobs of SW toys in the 3.75 scale regardless of if new content was coming out or not...like 2006-2015, which I'm sure many agree was a GREAT time for Hasbro 3.75 collecting.

Hasbro has more or less lost me as a customer. I picky up very select TVC figures they put out these days. Keep your niche troopers and overpriced vehicles. Give me more aliens and EU characters.

Trooper31

Emperor
Reaction score
It's also nice to see you show up in the forums!!!

DarkManX

Emperor's Hand
Reaction score
I agree with the sentiment that TVC packaging isn't a huge priority for me. I just want a return to the prolific merchandising days where you could walk into any major retailer and find gobs of SW toys in the 3.75 scale regardless of if new content was coming out or not...like 2006-2015, which I'm sure many agree was a GREAT time for Hasbro 3.75 collecting.

Hasbro has more or less lost me as a customer. I picky up very select TVC figures they put out these days. Keep your niche troopers and overpriced vehicles. Give me more aliens and EU characters.
Not going to happen. Way too much competition for shelf-space much like in the 80s when GI Joe, Transformers, He-Man,etc burst on the scene.