The Vintage Collection (2010-2012)

GNT

Reaction score
Anyone else think that 2010/2011 is going to be an expensive year? Anyone else going to be collecting the next basic line?

Reaction score
Re: The Vintage Collection

Isn't every year expensive? I'm so loving what Hasbro has shown, can't wait to see further waves. Thinking, from what's been said, were bound to see some great updates and new figures. Love to see pics of the ROTJ wave. If Gammorean Guard looks as good as the current figs I'll pee.
On the Clone wars front, I love all the speeders and such which are coming. Here's to the return of vintage.

Reaction score

commandernarra said:
Isn't every year expensive?
It's been like that for me since they relaunched the line.
If everything pans out, I'll be right in this year hopefully ordering SEALED and MINT cases of all Hasbro 3&3/4" product and so on.

Reaction score

Ha! Ha!

When isn't there a year when its not expensive GNT? Add to that Gentle Giant mini busts and 12 inch Sideshow figures and its dam expensive.

Everything looks so awesome though this year though so it will be hard to say no to alot of items. I am really hanging out for that new Bespin Luke, Hoth Leia, etc, the Cloud Car and the big muther AT-AT which looks incredible.

Heres to a great 2010 in Star Wars collecting fellas.

GNT

Reaction score

So Vintage is out as we all know

Kmart has them for $15.75
Hobbyco have them for $19.95
And I've seen them at David Jones as well for $17.95

Plenty around so far. Sadly I've passed so far as I've got them through BBTS but need to pick up a few doubles

GNT

Reaction score

Picked up a few vintage figures today, looks like they'll be hitting in full force when stores put them out

Reaction score

I saw them too at my local Kmart, picked up a Cloud Car pilot since my case from BBTS's only got one and I need two for the new CC!

Also I've noticed a good deal of AT-AT's have suddenly appeared at the target's around here...come the Sale on Thursday and that bad boy's mine

Reaction score

Falcon_Gunner said:
Still waiting on my rubbish Kmart to get the vintage figures in.
Finally found them but in other kmarts not mine.

Refer to my posts in Anything new in Australia.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Picked up a few vintage figures today, looks like they'll be hitting in full force when stores put them out
I've gotta check out my local Kmart today .. well .. it's August already ...

Reaction score

GNT said:
So Vintage is out as we all know

Kmart has them for $15.75
Hobbyco have them for $19.95
And I've seen them at David Jones as well for $17.95

Plenty around so far. Sadly I've passed so far as I've got them through BBTS but need to pick up a few doubles
How come some stores are so over priced ?

$19.95 .. it's ridiculous ...

The same at Myer ... I've seen in the past that some figures were for $24.95?? while Kmart has them for $15.75 ... tsk .. tsk .. tsk ..

Reaction score

GNT said:
Anyone else think that 2010/2011 is going to be an expensive year? Anyone else going to be collecting the next basic line?
Been pretty quite for a long time .. well .. at least in the area where I'm at. So .. we are now just like wolves that haven't been eating for weeks .. our eyes really wild looking at the new figures ..

Reaction score

^Don't shop at Myer - they're shysters in my opinion.

GNT said:
Every year is the same for me. I buy it all and have done, since Kenner started it all up again, back in 1995.

GNT

Reaction score

Titan_Shore said:
The same at Myer ... I've seen in the past that some figures were for $24.95?? while Kmart has them for $15.75 ... tsk .. tsk .. tsk ..
Crazy prices, most stores (not sure about Target) price match so try your luck

Reaction score

GNT said:
Titan_Shore said:
Crazy prices, most stores (not sure about Target) price match so try your luck
I did recently ... and lucky enough I got my hand on Wave 13 Legacy Collection .. I had to really persuade the store person first to price matched it with BigW and Kmart. Nearly lost the battle for price match but at the end I got them matched with Kmart price.

Oh well .. at least my Jedi Mind Trick worked well against the Sith .. LOL

Reaction score

Mike_S said:
^Don't shop at Myer - they're shysters in my opinion.

I don't usually .. unless for my desparate moment like with Wave 13 Legacy Collection that is so hard to find.

I had discussions with a friend overseas (in Asia) and he said that Wave 13 is everywhere and up until now they are easy to find but .. the price for a single basic figure there is around $20 .. well .. is that a trade off ?

The Star Wars merchandise over there is way more expensive than us so I guess we are still pretty lucky.

The last figure that he got was basic figure of Pre Viszla .. which has been released in some Asian countries for couple of weeks now. Has anyone seen it around ?

GNT

Reaction score

Titan_Shore said:
The last figure that he got was basic figure of Pre Viszla .. which has been released in some Asian countries for couple of weeks now. Has anyone seen it around ?
I havent seen the new blue packaged Clone Wars figures here yet.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Titan_Shore said:
I havent seen the new blue packaged Clone Wars figures here yet.
Hmmmm .. I can't wait for those CW bounty hunters and mandalorians ... sorry GNT .. I think I've discussed non-vintage stuff in this thread which is not supposed to .. I believe ..

Reaction score

I am in the United States (Florida) and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a sealed case of the Vintage Collection Wave 1 from Australia? I am not a fan of the Boba Fett offer sticker plastered on the US Vintage Collection cardbacks and I need a sealed case with "No Offer" to send to AFA (uncirculated). Maybe someone would be interested in trading a United States case for an Australian case of Wave 1? Anyone? If so...please PM me. I only need one box.

I was going to post this in the classified section but thought that if I went directly to the source (Australia) I might get a better response.

Reaction score

Can someone in Australia tell me if the Vintage Collection figures over there have different packaging than figures in the United States? What is the paper I can see in the bubble? Is that the Boba Fett redemption certificate or something else?

GNT

Reaction score

The Cloud Car Pilot I opened didn't have any paper or redemption certificate inside. The only difference that I can see besides the missing Boba Fett sticker is that we have a big barcode sticker over the normal barcode that the US doesn't have.

Reaction score

deputypowell said:
I am in the United States (Florida) and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a sealed case of the Vintage Collection Wave 1 from Australia? I am not a fan of the Boba Fett offer sticker plastered on the US Vintage Collection cardbacks and I need a sealed case with "No Offer" to send to AFA (uncirculated). Maybe someone would be interested in trading a United States case for an Australian case of Wave 1? Anyone? If so...please PM me. I only need one box.

I was going to post this in the classified section but thought that if I went directly to the source (Australia) I might get a better response.
You should try this site:

Saga Central

They are expensive for people in the US, however they should ship sealed Australian cases. Hope that helps.

Reaction score

Hey, I checked out Saga Central and you are right! I was able to hunt down a US seled case and thanks to eBay I have a case coming from Singapore minus the Offer Sticker.

Regarding the Saga Central website: Wave 1 of the Vintage Collection seams a little pricey $$$ but Wave 2 more seams affordable to me.

I also want to send a special thank you to oZcRo who offered to hunt me down the figures in Australia and send them to me.

You guys are great!

Reaction score

Hey there DP, can you PM me the name of the seller. I'm interested in sealed cases as well. Thanks

Reaction score

Picked up the Wave 1 VC today at Big W. I saw all figures except for Boba? Either someone has grabbed this in the first instance or it's a rare figure. Does anyone know whether Boba will be a hard to find ?

Reaction score

Titan_Shore said:
Picked up the Wave 1 VC today at Big W. I saw all figures except for Boba? Either someone has grabbed this in the first instance or it's a rare figure. Does anyone know whether Boba will be a hard to find ?
well if you live in Melbourne, then I and someone else would have snapped it up .. but then again I'm going to release one back into the wild again soon...

Reaction score

Boba is one per case. All it takes is one hit and he is gone.
I wouldn't worry too much Titan. Wave #1 is going to be easy to find. I don't have Boba yet either.

Reaction score

Mike_S said:
Boba is one per case. All it takes is one hit and he is gone.
I wouldn't worry too much Titan. Wave #1 is going to be easy to find. I don't have Boba yet either.
Hopefully the stores will get more of this thing soon. Really look forward to get the second one on few figures to open them up ..

Reaction score

ESBbobafett said:
Titan_Shore said:
well if you live in Melbourne, then I and someone else would have snapped it up .. but then again I'm going to release one back into the wild again soon...
Why release it back to the wild ? I thought this one is really cool especially with the removable helmet ..

Reaction score

Titan_Shore said:
Does anyone know how we can get the classic rocket Boba Fett ?
No confirmed date as of yet. Keep checking Mousedroid.com, because they will no doubt report all the details before it makes it to TRU.

Reaction score

Got my Cloud Car off lay by at Target tonight and loving it.

Have two of the new vintage Cloud Car pilots in it too.

Really cool little vehicle and I love how it splits in half and has the pop out missile launchers. You can just imagine that the Twin Pod Cloud Car would have these features off screen.

Definitely a 10/10 as far as a toy and a long awaited vehicle.

Not bad for a "boring" ship.

Reaction score

Falcon_Gunner said:
Got my Cloud Car off lay by at Target tonight and loving it.
Agghhh ... I look forward to get this one ... there are so many things to buy at the moment ... SL, VC and the AT-AT.

I wish this cloud car was on the recent target toy sale.

Reaction score

Titan_Shore said:
ESBbobafett said:
Titan_Shore said:
Why release it back to the wild ? I thought this one is really cool especially with the removable helmet ..
I don't mind the removable helmet feature even though some do ... but it's the actual helmet that is the problem. In case you have missed my ranting and ravings...

now that's a better one... but here's my custom on the end

Reaction score

Finally got my BBTS haul (most had been on Pile of loot for ages) and today is better than Christmas for me!

Got Vintage figures case 1, Vehicles case 1, Sideshow Palaptine and Throne, and finally the new FX Obi-Wan Lightsaber with removable blade.

Would have also bought wave 2 of the figures from there, except the case of 8 was sold out >_<

GNT

Reaction score

Just a heads up guys for anyone who doesn't have the first wave yet or want doubles - David Jones is already clearancing out the Vintage figures at $10 and some change. Might be worth a look if your after something.

GNT

Reaction score

ESB wave as well as older CW and Legacy figures (nothing exciting).