The unified BATMAN thread

Reaction score
Mine was in a large box with no padding. Or tape on the bottom. It was one of those that fold in on the bottom to overlap. I was actually able to pull the figure package out without cutting the tape on the top of the box. Unbelievable.
Exactly the same here. What a crap job TRU did of shipping this "collector" figure. The figure's box was a little beat up because it was flopping all around inside. I'm an opener, so it's normally not a problem but the new style box is really cool and I'll be keeping it. Wish the whole line was packaged like this.

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
The 1966 three pack and Batcomputer sets are up on TRU. I just ordered the trio since I need Robin and Batgirl. I'm waiting to see the Batcomputer set in the store to decided if its worth the $30 just for the accessories and Adam West head.

Reaction score
Decided to pickup issues of the Batman Chronicles. Got 4 issues so far, so I'm looking to track down the others next.

Reaction score
Spotted the Batman 6-Inch Classic TV Series: To the Batcave! set and the Batmobile with Batman and Robin today at my local TRU. No signs of the three pack with Batgirl though.

Reaction score
My TRU (which is behind on the times) just stocked the '66 3-pack. No batcave set though.

I preordered the Classic Penguin Maquette from Tweeterhead.

Reaction score
Picked up the Batcave set yesterday from TRU. Awesome details. The bust actually opens to reveal the switch that activated the bookcase revealing the bat poles.

Reaction score
After viewing pics online and seeing that the Batcomputer is also a shelf/bookcase thingy when turned around and that it opens up to store all the Bat knick knacks and what not, I went back to my TRU today with all intentions of buying the Batcave set. Sadly there were none left, but....they did have 3 sets of the 3-pack, one of which is now in my possession :grin:

Reaction score
Really digging this set! I already had Batman, but it's so awesome to get Batgirl and FINALLY have the Boy Wonder...

Reaction score
Went back to my local TRU yesterday and, while they were out of both the Batmobile w/Batman/Robin and the three pack, they had restocked the Batcave set...

Nice to get so many cool accessories for this line in one fell swoop. Not sure why we need 4 cans of "Batman Spray Repellant" (they are all labeled this). It would have been nice to get individualized cans, but that's minor nit. Nice to get some Batarangs! And I especially love the Shakespeare bust. All in all, a pretty cool set and the Adam West sculpt is spot on! Oh, and the stand with the '66 Batman logo is pretty killer too.

Reaction score
^^^^ I think that the 4 cans are in reference to the exploding shark at the beginning of the movie. If I recall, there were 4 spray cans in the Batcopter, but each had the name of a different marine creature on the label. As it is, "Batman Spray Repellant" sounds like it's a spray to get rid of that pesky Batman who's been ruining your hydrangea bushes. Somebody at Mattel screwed that up. Either way, thanks for the great pics!

Reaction score
I've recently taken my first steps into this world. After reading New 52 Suicide Squad #1 and Death of the Family as well as The Killing Joke I'm totally hooked.

As for the figures, I've just splashed out on DC Collectibles New 52 Harley and Joker to go with these titles. £12.99 each from Zavvi at the moment, couldn't resist

Reaction score
picked up 4 of the TDKR Tumbler sets. I have 2 of the Bane Camo version and 2 of the all black Batman version. going to be using them for some custom G.I. Joe vehicles.

Reaction score
Almost ready to pull the trigger on the TRU Batgirl set. I need Robin anyway. A bit disappointing in the lack of accessories.

Reaction score
Has anyone here found the single pack 66 Batgirl at TRU? Someone found about 20 of them at a TRU in Arizona on reddit.

Reaction score
Has anyone here found the single pack 66 Batgirl at TRU? Someone found about 20 of them at a TRU in Arizona on reddit.
I thought that the single release Batgirl was only a SDCC exclusive, and to get her at Toys R Us you had to buy the three pack with Batman and Robin. Wondering if that person really did find them at a Toys R Us of if its just a hoax.

Reaction score
I wonder if the Arizona stores just got the leftover SDCC pieces to sell off. It seems all the sightings have been in that area.
I hope they send some out east.

My local TRU has 4 pegs full of the single Batgirls so its no hoax. They only got a few of the three packs which were gone in no time. Never got the Batcave set though.

Reaction score
So, I emailed Mattel and the customer service guy that replied was pretty cool. This was his reply:

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I’ve done some research into this and it looks like this 1966 Batgirl figure will be available as a Toys R Us exclusive. This is separate from the three pack of figures that is currently available. I don’t have any specific information on which stores it will be available at. You may want to reach out to them regarding specific availability.

Hope this helps!

Best Wishes,
Justin R.
Mattel Consumer Services Associate

I wonder if the Arizona stores just got the leftover SDCC pieces to sell off. It seems all the sightings have been in that area.
I hope they send some out east.

Reaction score
scored the Hot Wheels Elite 1:18th Batman Forever Batmobile for $45.00 at a Flea Market the other day. always loved the look of this Batmobile.

Reaction score
I just bought the Batman Unlimited: Dark Knight Returns Batman from eBay, is this figure really as good as it looks?

Reaction score
Finally! BTAS/NBA Gordon, Zatana, Raj's and the Etrigan 2 pack finally are showing up at stores. Saw all four at one comic book shop, but the store I actually ordered them from won't get Etrigan until next week.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Icons I believe are in like a 5" - 6" scale slightly smaller than the norm nowadays for say DC and Marvel figures. Still I really dig them sculpts and accessories are spot on, multiple hands and what nots..

Reaction score
I know a tad small for DC figures. But they are nice sculpts paint is pristine and lots of accessories. But it's up to the buyer because the scale is much different.

Reaction score
It is a bit annoying that the DCC standard figures, their Icons line, and Mattel's DCUC/Multiverse are all slightly out of scale with each other (not to mention out of scale with Marvel Legends if you wanna have a crossover war). I mainly prefer the Mattel stuff (I might be in the minority but I never understood the hate/frustration for this line), but I have a bunch of DCC that looked too good to pass up. SOME of them fit in well with the Mattels, at least. I love the way the Icons look, but have yet to buy any because of the smaller size.

Reaction score
Just popped into TRU and they had 5 Keaton BMans in the DVD section minus the DVDs looks like they are rearranging the store for holiday season.

Reaction score
Yeah, one of my TRUs has had 3 or 4 of them sitting around for over a month now. I have 2 already but I'm tempted to get another to customize, maybe into one of those old freaky Kenner "neon-night-ninja-aqua-missile-assault-sky-combat-arctic-pizza-party" Batmen.

Reaction score
Yeah, one of my TRUs has had 3 or 4 of them sitting around for over a month now. I have 2 already but I'm tempted to get another to customize, maybe into one of those old freaky Kenner "neon-night-ninja-aqua-missile-assault-sky-combat-arctic-pizza-party" Batmen.
OMG I remember all of those crazy Kenner "bat" costumes, wall crawler batman, battle boa Batman, Laser Batman, Artic Batman, Camo Batman etc etc. :p

Reaction score
Those Kenner figures went crazy with the colors of figures and all the action features. GI Joe went off the deep end as well back in the 90's. Toys were just wonky there for a while. But back on track now...

Reaction score
Those Kenner figures went crazy with the colors of figures and all the action features. GI Joe went off the deep end as well back in the 90's. Toys were just wonky there for a while. But back on track now...

what????? Come on Neon Glow Cobra Commander was the bomb!!!!! :grin: :p

Reaction score
It is a bit annoying that the DCC standard figures, their Icons line, and Mattel's DCUC/Multiverse are all slightly out of scale with each other (not to mention out of scale with Marvel Legends if you wanna have a crossover war). I mainly prefer the Mattel stuff (I might be in the minority but I never understood the hate/frustration for this line), but I have a bunch of DCC that looked too good to pass up. SOME of them fit in well with the Mattels, at least. I love the way the Icons look, but have yet to buy any because of the smaller size.

The hate for Mattel (at least my hate) is their outright refusal to update their articulation,can you imagine the TDKR armored Batman with Marvel Legends articulation?

Reaction score
I remember in the mid-nineties when BTAS and later Batman Beyond were on and you could find figures in just about every color combination except the ones actually worn by the characters in the shows. I remember how excited my son and I were to actually find the Black suited Terry McGuinnis figure.

Happy Batman Day!

Last edited: