The unified BATMAN thread

Reaction score
We have tons of Batman collectible discussion spread out between this and the movie toys section and it's getting difficult to keep up with one thread or the other especially when Batman figures might be part of a line such as Dc Universe Classics and some of us have little interest in the rest of the line. I'm proposing (and starting) a unified Batman thread for all things Batman figure related. This includes but is of course not limited to...

Batman The Animated Series figures
Batman classic Kenner movie figures
DC Super Heroes Mattel figures
The Dark Knight Movie Masters Mattel figures
DC Universe Classics Batman Related figures
DC Direct Batman figure lines (Arkham Asylum, etc
Hot Toys Batman figures

And anything else you can think of. I think it will be much easier to keep track of things this way. What Batman figures have you guys picked up lately?

I myself have gotten
DCUC Wave 16 The Riddler...great figure and upgrade
Arkham Asylum Joker from DC Direct...awesome sculpt and paint

and the Kenner Batman Returns Batcave commander Center Playset. This is a classic piece of the original returns line which was later repainted several times for the animated lines and the other movies. I finally snagged an original.

Reaction score
Excellent idea for a thread.
Nice to have a consolidated one for all Bat talk. I think there's enough Bat fans here to warrant it, and it is annoying having to discuss in different threads.

I picked up the Arkham Asylum Joker too. Awesome figure. It's now my favorite Joker figure in that scale. Also grabbed Harley and Scarecrow, and both are equally as impressive.

Saw this pic earlier. It's from the upcoming Arkham City two packs by Mattel based on the sequel to Arkham Asylum-

Both look great. Eager to see some shots of the other sets.

Reaction score
yeah I'll be getting that set. The Two Face is fantastic. While not exactly comic based, the sculpt is a lot more natural than the white and black/pinstriped suit version from the final wave of DC Superheroes back in 2007.

Reaction score
Yeah, I never liked that Two-Face. Which is a good thing, since I could never find him anyway. Only Two-Face figure I currently have is the MM version. I need a more generic one, so this will do nicely. Looking at the figure above, it seems like the coin is permanently attached to his hand.

Reaction score
He's really good. I like him a lot. If you're fan of his design in the game, then he's a must buy as the sculpt captures it perfectly. In fact he's on par with the Joker figure, maybe even a bit better, in terms of sculpt and detail. I wasn't a fan of this Scarecrow design in the game but I've really warmed up to it. It's different, but really sinister in its own way. At first glance he seems like a statue, but he has more articulation than I thought. Can get some good upper body poses out of him. The legs aren't as poseable but they have thigh and calve cuts and ball jointed ankles. So overall you should be able to get him into some cool poses. His accessory-the little brown sack with Fear toxin, fits perfectly into is hand. Like Two-Face the only other Scarecrow figure I owned until this one was the MM version as I wasn't really happy with any of the Scarecrows out there. But this one is surprisingly awesome. Would be a nice addition to any Batman collection, whether you've played the game or not.

Just read this over on Fwoosh-

Target DPCI #'s
087-06-1980 Batman Legacy singles 14.99
" 2234 Batman Legacy 2 packs 29.99

And they should be hitting by June or July.

Reaction score
I like that super powers pair up of batman and robin Vintij. Good luck getting that batmobile for a good price though! Currently I'm trying to get the Kenner dark Knight collection original movie batmobile. Proving difficult

Reaction score
Gambit said:
Just read this over on Fwoosh-

Target DPCI #'s
087-06-1980 Batman Legacy singles 14.99
" 2234 Batman Legacy 2 packs 29.99

And they should be hitting by June or July.
Which ones are going to be the singles? I can't imagine they would just split up the characters from the two-packs.

Also, did anyone have the Batcave from the 1989 movie? I was young when I had, it but remember liking it better than the other caves that would be released.

Reaction score
do you mean this?

if so, I never got it. I much prefer the overall look of the transforming Wayne Manor playset, though I will agree that the batcave section itself of the toybiz one is superior. The catwalk and "artic world" of the kenner one is awesome.

Reaction score
Gambit said:
Coloring said:
Which ones are going to be the singles? I can't imagine they would just split up the characters from the two-packs.
Here's a link to what's in the first wave
Thanks! I was confused when I saw the pictures of Mr Freeze and the Joker from the tf coverage photos. This makes much more sense now.

And yes Blight, that is the cave I was talking about. The only differences between that one and the one released for the movie was the movie one was a much lighter grey and the computer monitor was a wheel that you could roll (to give a 'scrolling' appearance) that had different images of the Joker from the movie on it. There was a cardboard piece that pinned to the backside of the cave that was like an 'Axis Chemical' diorama, too.

I'd also like to know what's up with those unmasked figures.

Reaction score
Yeah, I've never seen those maskless versions before either. Maybe they're customs?

Here's some new high res pics of the Young Justice figures-

6" Robin

4" Batman, Robin and Ra's al Ghul from the 2 packs

I really like that 6" Robin. His body proportions are all wrong for the show but I still like it. Definitely gonna pick him up. That cool base he comes with will go to one of my Batman figures.

Reaction score
No thats not my batcave or batmobile. I found those pics on google under toybiz batcave. Im sure the unmaskeds are customs. I only own the kenner cave...though I do have the clicky wheels toybiz batmobile with the open canopy...

Rod

Reaction score
That AA Batman by Mattle just doesn't look right to me. I think the one from DC Direct is perfect. I don't do many DC Direct figures nowadays but the AA Batman was a must have.

Reaction score
I read somewhere, (can't find it now), that the 4H aren't doing the sculpts for the Batman Legacy line. That makes me pause as far as buying those. I've seen the pictures but can't tell if they're bigger than DCUC. Although it does look like some of the Joker's parts are DCUC repaints.

Reaction score
I actually don't mind if the 4H aren't sculpting these. They've never really done a Batman headsculpt I've been happy with. Well, I actually do like the current DCUC sculpt. Makes for a good Neal Adams era Batman (but it's been overused). I guess I should say they've never made a more modern headsculpt I've liked.

Reaction score
Just got the DC Direct Arkham Asylum Joker and Batman from a local comic shop. Probably my two favorite Batman-related figures that I own. I couldn't afford to get all 4, but they're getting another case in next week, so I hope to get Harley and Scarecrow. Either way, I am really impressed with these.

Reaction score
Finished up my DCUC Bane today.Now I need the new DCD Scarecrow and I'm caught up!

I have DCUC Wave16 to trade for him if you can help.

Reaction score
Nice job Tikkes. Im still working on that wave and I am losing a bit of patience. First, they are nowhere at retail near me so I have to rely entirely on comic stores. There they are 20 a pop, which is quite a lot. So it's really hard whittling away at this wave.

Reaction score
The Young Justice Robin looks awesome. The five or so episodes I've seen of the show I really liked, so most likely I'll be getting him. I'm going to have to keep my eye open for that Arkham Asylum Batman figure. I can't think of any other Batman that so many people have agreed on.

Reaction score
Yeah, great line of figures for a great game. I'm so hyped for the sequel. Each update it sounds better and better.

Reaction score
Really? The league of shadows is a good idea? No. wasn't even good in begins. Batman shouldn't be a ninja. I'd rather they stick with Bane and Catwoman and black mask and cut out that Talia crap. Oh well.

Reaction score
Was talking about the game, not the movie.

Nothing wrong with Batman being a "ninja". He's been one in the comic for years. Fits with his character and style. I mean he wears a costume and sneaks around at night silently and uses hand to hand combat and small hand weapons. He's a ninja in a bat suit.

As for Talia, that's all speculation. No one knows anything yet. I doubt it's true.

Reaction score
I don't really care too much either way if she does play Talia. From all of Christopher Nolan's movies I've seen, he knows how to handle a large cast and concept without having everything get lost in the middle. I think it's a fair guess that this won't be another Spider-man 3. Personally I thought it was odd to have Bane and Catwoman being the villains. I'm just curious to see how he ends his trilogy and how the story unfolds.

The Arkham Games look really cool and the new one has an interesting-sounding story.

I also wonder if they'll make figures in the Batman Legacy Line (if it's still around by then) instead of doing a Movie Masters line.

Reaction score
Some new pics of some of the Legacy stuff here

Hmm. I'd get that "modern" Batman but I really don't like the expression they gave him (headsculpt from that crappy Sinestro Corps Batman). But I'll probably cave when I see him on the pegs despite being a kitbash. I need a Mr. Freeze but don't like the color scheme on that one at all, so he's a pass. Gordon could be better (colors are all wrong) but I'm just glad we're getting him at all, so that set's a buy. The Arkham City Batman/Two-Face set is awesome, as I mentioned before. Just wish they woulda thrown in a final pic of that trench coat Joker. I'm sure he won't be much different than what we see there but you never know.

Reaction score
I don't mind the expression on that Batman's face so much, but the belt is what makes me think I'll pass on it. I have the DC Superheroes Batman that uses that sculpt and I don't like how the belt limits his hip articulation. Those two-packs look good though. Bummer about the colors on Gordon.

Reaction score
I have the DCUSH S3 Black and Grey Batman. I think it's the best DC universe Batman.

Question: What is the more definitive Bane? DC DIRECT KNIGHTFALL BANE, or BAF BANE?

Also, does anyone have DCUSH TWO-FACE for sale?

Reaction score
I have the blue and grey DC Superheroes Batman and the belt on it is bigger and more restrictive than the one on the black and grey Batman (at least from what I can tell from pictures). If it weren't for the belt, I would consider it the best Batman figure there is.

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to be at my local comic store when I was. I picked up the first wave of Arkham Asylum figures. The store owner was selling the four figures as a set so I had to buy them all. Honestly I would have passed on the Harley.

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Hotwheels large deluxe Batmobile?
Would you be able to post a pic of it compared to any 3.75” figure or the Kenner original batmobile with the pop out flame?
Thanks!

Reaction score
VintijDroidGutzz said:
Gambit said:
Here's a pic of the upcoming Golden Age Batman

Not sure what wave he's supposed to be in but he looks great. Guess I have to track down the GA Robin from DCUC Wave 16 now. I only wanted the older variant, but the classic one will go great with this Bats.
Isn't that GA Batman a 12" figure though? If it was 6" I'd definitely be interested.

No, that's just a pic of the mock up. It will be a 6" release.