'The Star Wars' Triangle Stickers

Reaction score
I know of at least three forms of the triangular 'The Star Wars' or 'Star Wars' stickers, featuring the art of Ralph McQuarrie.

#1) Small triangle 'The Star Wars' sticker, which I believe was sort of a cast & crew item. 1976.

#2) Larger triangle 'The Star Wars' sticker. Although I'm not certain, I believe I've seen a number of comments suggesting this sticker was associated with a comic convention in 1976, during early promotional period for the unreleased movie?

#3) Larger 'Star Wars' triangle sticker made by 'Factors' for the Star Wars Fan Club I believe (1977)?

Can anyone shed any more light on these...?

Here's my copies of the Fan Club sticker (left), and the small cast/crew sticker (right).

Reaction score
These were used in the early days to label items like film cans etc and just about anything that they wanted to label as being part of what they were using. There are small and large versions and these are VERY often faked.

Reaction score
http://theswca.com/relics/prerelease/

I have the large and small stickers of "The Star Wars" and I've seen early cast and crew items and things from the WorldCon 76 with the stickers applied. They were heavily used for marketing. I don't know of any fakes and would love to learn more and how to tell the difference.