The Simpsons Ultimates by Super7

Reaction score
it's been a good long while since I've purchased any action figures (for a variety of reasons). but I still love The Simpsons and seeing these figures, not gonna lie, have me mighty tempted.

there's no official announcement yet but I have to imagine these will be similar in scale and cost to other Ultimates figures. one of the big appeals of the World of Springfield line was the sheer depth and range of figures they were able to produce. so I question whether having figures that are both larger and more expensive is a good way to restart any Simpsons toy line. particularly when they are starting with so many eclectic choices. I know NECA had done a variety of figures in the WoS scale and it was too bad they didn't continue with some non-celebrity figures, especially with their sculpts being so much sharper than Playmates's.

but we'll see how it goes. can't say they aren't some very nice lookin' figures.

Attachments

• simpsonss1.png
    simpsonss1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Reaction score
aight, new official announcement for those interested

https://preorder.super7store.com/collections/the-simpsons-ultimates-wave-1-figures

The Simpsons ULTIMATES! Wave 1 Figures​

The Simpsons ULTIMATES! Wave 1 is inspired by some of your favorite episodes, like “Deep Space Homer,” “Itchy & Scratchy Land” and “The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show.”

Deep Space Homer, Moe, Poochie, and Robot Itchy & Scratchy are made-to-order, highly articulated, deluxe 7” scale action figures featuring a variety of interchangeable parts and iconic accessories.

Available to pre-order until September 20, 2021 and expected to deliver to you by Summer 2022.

GNT

Reaction score
The figures look good, interesting choices for the first wave, had they done the core family most people would just buy those and be done with the line. This way they can spread it all out.

These figures aren’t cheap, honestly you wouldn’t want to be collecting them all.

Reaction score
The figures look good, interesting choices for the first wave, had they done the core family most people would just buy those and be done with the line. This way they can spread it all out.

These figures aren’t cheap, honestly you wouldn’t want to be collecting them all.

yeah I would have not put the main family in one wave either. I'm just wondering if this first wave is a few too many obscure choices. surely a white shirt/blue pants Homer figure at this scale and with this level of accessories would offer enough novelty to any Playmates collector (assuming there are enough still out there).

but hey, we'll see.

Reaction score
yeah I would have not put the main family in one wave either. I'm just wondering if this first wave is a few too many obscure choices. surely a white shirt/blue pants Homer figure at this scale and with this level of accessories would offer enough novelty to any Playmates collector (assuming there are enough still out there).

but hey, we'll see.
Exactly why I am skipping. I don't want such obscure characters in the first wave @ $60 each.

GNT

Reaction score
I don’t think the first wave is that bad But yeah if your spending 50$+ you want to make it worth it.

Moe you can’t go wrong with since his been a staple of the show forever.

Itchy and Scratchy robots are from a classic and memorable episode. They could release Bart and Lisa with cameras so People can creat dioramas.

Poochi, was kind of memorable and has a appeared a few times over the years.

Space Homer is also from a classic and memorable episode.

I wouldn’t mind picking up a few here And there

Reaction score
a closer look at series 1

there was another video that hinted at series 2 having either Muumuu Homer or Hank Scorpio so for now it looks like more episode-specific figures are to be expected.

Reaction score
Those are gorgeous, holy cow.

Great choices - demonstrates a long-term commitment to the line.

The accessories! Have to start making a list of 5 to get if the roster grows big enough.

Super7 is going for it.

GNT

Reaction score
Super7 seem to be nailing it lately with all the Ultimates line they do. The hobby just got more expensive lol