The Simpsons Ultimates by Super7

Reaction score
it's been a good long while since I've purchased any action figures (for a variety of reasons). but I still love The Simpsons and seeing these figures, not gonna lie, have me mighty tempted.

there's no official announcement yet but I have to imagine these will be similar in scale and cost to other Ultimates figures. one of the big appeals of the World of Springfield line was the sheer depth and range of figures they were able to produce. so I question whether having figures that are both larger and more expensive is a good way to restart any Simpsons toy line. particularly when they are starting with so many eclectic choices. I know NECA had done a variety of figures in the WoS scale and it was too bad they didn't continue with some non-celebrity figures, especially with their sculpts being so much sharper than Playmates's.

but we'll see how it goes. can't say they aren't some very nice lookin' figures.

Attachments

• simpsonss1.png
    simpsonss1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
Reaction score
aight, new official announcement for those interested

https://preorder.super7store.com/collections/the-simpsons-ultimates-wave-1-figures

The Simpsons ULTIMATES! Wave 1 Figures​

The Simpsons ULTIMATES! Wave 1 is inspired by some of your favorite episodes, like “Deep Space Homer,” “Itchy & Scratchy Land” and “The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show.”

Deep Space Homer, Moe, Poochie, and Robot Itchy & Scratchy are made-to-order, highly articulated, deluxe 7” scale action figures featuring a variety of interchangeable parts and iconic accessories.

Available to pre-order until September 20, 2021 and expected to deliver to you by Summer 2022.

GNT

Reaction score
The figures look good, interesting choices for the first wave, had they done the core family most people would just buy those and be done with the line. This way they can spread it all out.

These figures aren’t cheap, honestly you wouldn’t want to be collecting them all.

Reaction score
The figures look good, interesting choices for the first wave, had they done the core family most people would just buy those and be done with the line. This way they can spread it all out.

These figures aren’t cheap, honestly you wouldn’t want to be collecting them all.

yeah I would have not put the main family in one wave either. I'm just wondering if this first wave is a few too many obscure choices. surely a white shirt/blue pants Homer figure at this scale and with this level of accessories would offer enough novelty to any Playmates collector (assuming there are enough still out there).

but hey, we'll see.

Reaction score
yeah I would have not put the main family in one wave either. I'm just wondering if this first wave is a few too many obscure choices. surely a white shirt/blue pants Homer figure at this scale and with this level of accessories would offer enough novelty to any Playmates collector (assuming there are enough still out there).

but hey, we'll see.
Exactly why I am skipping. I don't want such obscure characters in the first wave @ $60 each.

GNT

Reaction score
I don’t think the first wave is that bad But yeah if your spending 50$+ you want to make it worth it.

Moe you can’t go wrong with since his been a staple of the show forever.

Itchy and Scratchy robots are from a classic and memorable episode. They could release Bart and Lisa with cameras so People can creat dioramas.

Poochi, was kind of memorable and has a appeared a few times over the years.

Space Homer is also from a classic and memorable episode.

I wouldn’t mind picking up a few here And there

Reaction score
a closer look at series 1

there was another video that hinted at series 2 having either Muumuu Homer or Hank Scorpio so for now it looks like more episode-specific figures are to be expected.

Reaction score
Those are gorgeous, holy cow.

Great choices - demonstrates a long-term commitment to the line.

The accessories! Have to start making a list of 5 to get if the roster grows big enough.

Super7 is going for it.

GNT

Reaction score
Super7 seem to be nailing it lately with all the Ultimates line they do. The hobby just got more expensive lol

Reaction score
I really was going to try to remain content with my World of Springfield collection. Maybe spend a few hundred dollars and pick up those last couple series of figures/playsets. But I'm impressed with how good these Ultimates figures look. Those different portraits for Krusty are just outstanding!

GNT

Reaction score
Random Simpsons characters for the Reaction line, I'd say the Simpsons line would work better in that scale/price range.

Reaction score
I wouldn't say the Playmates line was handled poorly. not perfectly but better than some

I personally didn't care for the talking feature on the playmates figures that worked only when clicked/locked into specific play scenes. It made the figures very static and, in my opinion, caused the eventual demise of the line. Of course, another issue as well, as newer figures came out some/most would not work with older issued environments. I would have preferred the figures be poseable and play friendly. Although I did own them all. The first figures by Mattel were more like what I would have preferred for the line of course with improvements as the went along but alas as we know only a few were made during the original Simpsons launch before they ended. The Mcfarlane figures weren't much more than static/stiff display pieces and not really figures at all but were terrific to look at on a shelf. The Neca figures again, not really figures to be played with but more like one pose display pieces. The new figure line series" Ultimate's at a whopping $54.99 per figure price point already tell me they won't last long and really; I'm guessing won't last too long. The new smaller series by Reaction look interesting but it's a bit of a wait and see with the first wave being Mcbane related. I just don't know if that was the way to go to start the line.

Last edited:
Reaction score
yeah I wasn’t a fan of the talking feature either. besides the voice chips compromising the sculpt, it meant several celebrity-voiced characters were out of reach due to voice right issues. might be heterodox opinion but I wasn’t especially bothered by the lack of articulation since The Simpsons isn’t as ‘action-oriented’ as other properties. though I’m sure it would have been possible to add some other cut joints without the figures looking too unsightly. the articulation cuts on the Super7 figures look decent from what I’ve seen.

also I don’t know for sure what the #1 reason for the end of the Playmates line (I know it was declining sales just that I don’t know why they declined). all of the waves that came out in 2003 (11-14) had a lot of new, mostly obscure characters and few variants of the main characters. while that was great for mega-fans like me, I imagine any Homer figure would have sold better than deep-cuts like Ms. Botz, Freddy Quimby, Don Vittorio, and so forth. eventually the line was going to run out of recognizable or appealing characters and aside from a few notable omissions (Maude Flanders being the biggest), I’d argue they produced a lot of what people wanted. so I wouldn’t call it ‘mismanaged’ per se.

Reaction score
as for Super7, I still think $55 for a lot of episode-specific figures is a risk but too early to tell whether the line is a failure.

that McBain doesn’t have any guns could be a consequence of Disney now owning 20th Century Fox and not Super7’s fault. this is why this country needs stronger anti-trust laws! (that and hundreds of other reasons. but I digress…)

Reaction score
Oh man I agree with you on the stronger anti-trust laws. Disney should not be able to own all of the properties they do. It seems like every license they purchase that I like gets ruined by them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As much as I love Ralph Wiggum, I just cant bite on that $55 price tag. I will have to stick with my old Playmates version from a million years ago.

Reaction score
if there is demand for more Simpsons figures to be filled, imo NECA ought to start making more (non-celebrity) figures in the 5-inch scale.

they wouldn't be 'Ultimate' but I'm sure they'd be a hell of a lot less expensive

Reaction score
Now that Disney owns the license there will be a new Disney add on fee to add on to the other fees and expense of making merchandise. It's a shame and I'm sure that is another reason all of this new Simpson's merchandise is so expensive. The Super 7 small figures are going to be another failure just based on the way they are doing the figures. Who was asking for a Mcbain Simpsons Sub-line? No one. I'm a huge Simpsons fan and was hoping this new announcement of figures and toys would be a good thing but this all looks like the "Titantic" of bad decisions of Simpsons figures ideas!

Last edited:
Reaction score
pictures of the next wave of Super7's ReAction Simpsons figures, all Troy McClure-centered

Attachments

• FcQXAAKaUAEA1xr.jpg
    FcQXAAKaUAEA1xr.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 20

bac

Reaction score
EE has their pre-orders up as well. Note that Super7 and BBTS have King-Size Homer at $65, while EE is $55. At least for now...

Reaction score
Note that Super7 and BBTS have King-Size Homer at $65, while EE is $55. At least for now...

uh oh lol, with so many obscure choices, they could hit a lot of customers' price ceilings very soon. still gonna say that it probably would have been better to make the figures in 5-inch scale and not 7-inch scale. would likely be less expensive that way and more appealing to anybody who still owns the Playmates stuff, especially if they want to do so many unproduced-by-Playmates stuff right out of the gate.

(I know I sound like I want this line to fail. I don't, I just have my doubts about its longevity)

Last edited:
Reaction score
aye it's nice to see some figures of the main family in their normal outfits but Super7 has got to slow down a bit. series 2 hasn't even come out yet!

two things that could be a little concerning: one, there will no longer be four figures per series, the most they will have is three figures (and for Super7's other lines as well). and two, looking at some of the figures in series 1 and 2 versus series 3 and 4, it looks like we are expected to get less for $55 (at least regarding the figures that aren't being sold for over $55). so I dunno, time will tell.