The Sandman - Netflix

Reaction score
Haven’t finished watching yet, but what are people’s thoughts on the show?

Not familiar with the comics

Not a fan of the gender swaps. But overall enjoying it so far.

GNT

Reaction score
Haven’t finished it but the show has been good so far. Not familiar with the character at all so I’m everything was new to me.

Reaction score
I was a huge fan of the original comic book. haven't seen the TV show yet. but it's definitely on my list.

Reaction score
Finished the show overall it was good.
Curious to see what they changed as a lot of reviews are gushing a little to much over it, & are a little biased.

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the first season and hope the show is renewed for more.

In the past, I couldn't get into the original comics after trying multiple times. I did love the Death miniseries though... she was my favorite from the comics and the show. After watching the show, I've slowly been able to make my way through the comics now... it makes more sense to me this time around.

Reaction score
I am on episode 4 and I am digging it so far. I am somewhat familiar with the source material. Though I never really read them, my brother is a HUGE fan of the comics and he is pretty happy with how it turned out.

Reaction score
I generally avoid race/gender swapping as it normally is done for more business /copywrite version reasons but in this case the girl who played death was enjoyable.

The DC/Sandman comics version has been marketed for many years so this version doesn’t match the traditional merchandising but overall I think in this case it was done for the right reasons,

Ironically I don’t take the same view for Joanna Constantine, as to me they didn’t really change the role it seemed like they just had a female play a man. Note: after viewing the show I saw the legal reasons behind that decision. I am just not sure it was the best way to handle that.