The Saga Collection in New Zealand

Reaction score
Hey Steve

I picked up R5-J2 today, and a purple Mace Windu lightsaber (The cheap, non-fancy version for $20.00).

There were no Clone Sgts left. I'd buy any Phase II clones that I could get my hands on - they really are the best looking clones, in my opinion.

I went to Toy World Johnsonville as well, but they didn't have any new stock on the shelves.

R5-J2 is a great figure - very kewl to find him - the last on the shelves as well.

Reaction score
Hey people!~

Today I got an Expanded Universe McQuarrie Concept Airspeeder!!!!! A very kewl ship, I might add!

And very shortly I will be getting the McQuarrie Concept Cloud car!

I've wanted these items for a long time now, so it's a dream come true to finally own them. Yay!

Reaction score
Whoops double post!
Got a wee bit excited there...

But today I did pick up a second VTSC Han Solo. Toyworld Wellington is packed with lotsa VTSC figures - I'm gonna get me the whole set, If I can.

Reaction score
GNT said:
Darn you get all the toys before us
Haha no not ALWAYS!
You do get a lot we never get but for Basic figures I guess were not to bad off.

Oh and Merry Christmas to all my fellow NZ Scummers (and to you Aussies who jump in this thread) I hope you get all the Star Wars stuff you want!

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Merry Christmas to you all! May it be a great holiday break for you all, and a safe time travelling.

PS: I picked up two BSG Titaniums today - the Viper Mark VII and the Colonial One - Frakking Amazing titaniums, to use the venacular!

Reaction score
Hey fellow NZ Collectors!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Just wanted to let you know i got the Best (IMO) Xmas Present from my Sister -

A Vintage, 65 Back Emperor Offer Carded Ree Yees! Im So Happy! Its My First Carded Vintage Figure, But Now im a little worried it might turn into Me having to get more!

Also got and R2 Potato Head, and the OT on DVD the new ones.......and Wallet LOL!

Have a Great Day Guys! Hope you all got some cool goodies as well!

Scotty

GNT

Reaction score
HO! HO! HO! Merry christmas NZers! Hope you all got what you wanted!

GNT

Reaction score
happy 2007 guys and girls! Good luck and besh whishes for everybody this year.

Reaction score
Hey GNT!!!!

Thanks for your best wishes to us all here in NZ - hope you had a wonderful New Years celebration - best wishes to you for the new year also!

I discovered something interesting on my recent holiday - I was travelling through Masterton and I stopped off at the local Warehouse, and discovered two Battlestar Galactica Titaniums!!!!! Both were Colonial Raptor ships - I purchased these and hunted high and low the surrounding shelves for any more BSG titaniums, but alas, there were no others...

This is the first time I have ever seen any BSG Titaniums on the shelves here in New Zealand - great to discover that these are out there!

Reaction score
Hey people!

I just recieved an Ultra Titanium Battlestar Galactica die-cast today - wow! I'm so impressed with this!

I got mine from AriseSirToy - and its worth every cent in my opinion.

So glad I decided to purchase this vehicle!

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Hope You All Had a Great New Years! Well I picked Up the 1st Wave of Repaints! This is the most clones i will ever own LOL! I Also Now Have in My Vintage Collection Anamaman, I Remember having this when I was a kid! Such a Cool Figure, very Old School But I Love it! Im Also Waiting to Arrive a Queen Amidala In Black Travel Gown, That I got for $15 off Trade Me, Am Happy So Now i Can have 1 loose and 1 boxed!

Stay Safe Guys!

Reaction score
Hey people!

I just purchased a Power FX X-Wing recently - fantastic!

This has lept to the number one position in my favourite toys ranking. It's amazing!

The scale and detailing is magnificant! I'm so glad I took a chance on this ship, because it rocks over anything Hasbro has ever produced, in my opinion!

If anyone is considering this as a purchase, I have one word to say, repeated three times: BUY, BUY, BUY!!!!!!

Yay!

Also, I did pick up the Clone Trooper Seargent figure, which is very kewl!

Reaction score
That X-Wing is a nice ship but mine got retired a few years ago in favour of the Saga Dagobah X-Wing, Red Leaders X-Wing and the new Dagobah X-Wing which is the pick of the bunch.

The lights and sounds make it a great toy but I just had too many X-Wings to display! Glad you like it Saddestmoon.

Been buying a lot of higher end stuff recently, picked up the Maul and Grievous busts from Pulsar Max in Wellington and both are amazing and my Sideshow Bib Fortuna and Salacious Crumb arrived yesterday. Man I just can not get enough of these Sideshow figures and with Jabba and his throne up next I am getting really excited about this line.

Reaction score
Hey Steve,

Whats Bib Like?? I have him on pre Order with Arise.....Im More Excited About Plo.....Im loving them as well and Cant wait for this Years Line Up!

Reaction score
Bib Fortuna is great and I have to say I am glad I got the Exclusive Edition from Sideshow because the Staff really makes this figure. He is right up there with one of the best in the line thus far.

It may cost a bit more but I think it would be worth canceling you Arise Order and get on the waitlist for the Exclusive version. But whatever you do you have made a wise purchase with this figure.

Plo is another one I can't wait for, he looks freakin sweet! I have him on preorder at Sideshow for the Exclusive Edition.

Reaction score
Hey people!

Just thought I'd do a few store reports from around the Wellington region:

Went to Toyworld Paraparaumu today - they have shifted premises outside of the mall, and over towards the Warehouse, nextdoor to Brumbies Bakery - as far as Star Wars merchandise is concerned, only one ultra Titanium Arc-170 and some lightsabers - no figures whatsoever!

Didn't see any figures at Farmers Coastlands either, and the only three figures I found were at the Warehouse: two Saga wave one Bib Fortunas' and one Boush Leia.

Toyworld Lower Hutt had maybe a couple of ROTS Mon Mothma figures, while the Warehouse Petone has a few Bibs, a Barada, and perhaps a Mon Mothma ROTS figure as well.

Warehouse Queensgate has nada as well, except for a Saga Derlin, while Farmers Queensgate had some Bibs and a Barada, and possibly a Derlin.

The Warehouse near Te Papa has nothing as well.

Farmers, Cuba Street also has nothing but a lonely Derlin, a couple of Reeikans, and a Bib.

Kmart, North City Plaza has nothing but shelves full of Geonosian soldier drones, and Farmers North City is also replendiscent with Drones, but nothing else.

Warehouse Porirua is bare, save a couple of Bibs warming the pegs.

Warehouse Maidstone Mall Upper Hutt is also bare of SW figures, except for a Bib and a Derlin, having not restocked for many months now.

Farmers, Upper Hutt has some figures, but these are Bibs and Baradas, no Titaniums.

All in all, nothing but pegwarmers - no new figures as far as the eye could see.

On a Plus, Toyworld Johnsonville has some more Saga figures, as well as SW Titaniums - Endor wave, as well as some OTC figures, and some various ROTS figs as well.

Toyworld Ballance Street, Wellington also has VTSC Hans, Tusken Raiders, and Greedos, as well as some of the Endor figures.

On the whole though, there isn't much out there at the moment, on the shelves.

There doesn't appear to be many, if any restocking of shelves at the moment...

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been meaning to sign up here for such a long time and finally got around to it. I hope to be able to bring store reports when I can. I had one ready to drop today, but SaddestMoon beat me to it, hitting pretty much all the stores I visited.

We sure seem to be in a SW toy drought at present don't we? I can't believe pretty much no one restocked before Christmas.

Increasingly I find myself buying figures from overseas, either through e-tailers or via friends I the US. It just seems to be the only way to get figures with any surety and at halfway decent prices. Our local retailers really charge through the nose, on the rare occassion they actually get stuff in.

Reaction score
Welcome to the boards, ReverendStrone!

Good to see the numbers of NZ Rebelscummers is growing.

Just an update for ToyWorld Johnsonville: The wave containing Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi, R4-K5 (Vader's Astromech), Commander Appo, Elite Corps Clonetrooper, Padme (geonosis), Yarael Poof, and the Clone Combat Engineer has arrived.

I picked up Appo, Clone Trooper (Combat Engineer), and a Elite Corps Clonetrooper - very kewl!

Gotta say, Appo looks fantastic!

Happy hunting!

Reaction score
Welcome ReverendStrone, great to have another kiwi here on Rebelscum.

I had heard those new figures were out at J'villie Toyworld but I have yet to get a chance to go check them out. Hopefully tomorrow as I really want Appo and the Elite Corps Trooper.
Got 2 new Battle Packs in the mail today though, Mace Windu's Attack Battallion and Ambush on Ilum. Both very cool! Love those Purple Clones and Chameleon Droids.

GNT

Reaction score
Post pictures of your finds...wait that make me cringe in horror cause the latest waves still havent turned up here... *packs bags for NZ*

Reaction score
Just got my wave of new Saga Collection Figures. Picked them all up since they all look new enough to me even though some are repacks. Best of the bunch is either Appo or the Elite Corps Trooper, love both of them.

GNT, I don't really know if you want to come over here, we may be ok in getting basic figures if your lucky enough to find a store that carries them but try getting exclusive items or vehicles or anything like that. No chance in hell buddy! oh and the weather sucks!

GNT

Reaction score
stylie_steve said:
oh and the weather sucks!
Oh god it's even worse here... last 3 days it's been bright and sunny/boiling hot , then all of a sudden it's cold and raining...Im sure in the nesxt few days it'll be snowing or something different
lol

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Welcome to the Group ReverendStrone! GNT Dont even think about coming to Auckland Dude......I have had NO Figures at Retail this year At All! Auckland and Toy Stores Dont really Go!

Aside from that......I have nothing to report except picked up a 12" Hasbro Greedo and Ponda for a Nice Sum of $19 ea.......pretty happy except Greedo's Gun is attached to his left hand and his Right Hand Is HUGE LOL!

GNT

Reaction score
Speaking of 12" I got Zuckuss, An imperial Offivcer and dengar for like $9 cant complain much

Reaction score
Not from the Earth By any chance?? LOL Thats how much i paid for mine as well!

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

i've Just Put up some pics of Some of My Collection, in Hasbro Limelighting.............Go and Check them out if you wish!

Im pretty happy with it so, but as always its a work in progress! Would love to see some of your guys Stuff as well.

Cheers Scotty

Reaction score
Hey people!

Today I picked up Vaders Astromech, Padme (Geonosis), another Clone trooper Seargent, and I got a free 2004 Silver Sandtrooper thrown in for free!

Yay!

Reaction score
Great score there Saddestmoon! I take it that was an internet purchase and not a lucky find at a local store?

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Sounds like Johnsonville Toyworld has probably been cleared out by now, so I think I'll save myself the drive out there.

I've been keeping a close eye on my local Farmers and The Warehouse, both of whom seem to be screaming for a restock, but so far no sign of any new SW figures. despite a promising end to 2006 with Toyworld Balance St getting Wave 8 and K-Mart getting the Mace windu squad BP so far in 2007 it's a drought out there for the most part.

Reaction score
ReverendStrone - I purchased my figures from Toyworld Johnsonville.

Last time I checked, there were a number of Combat engineers, clone seargents, and Elite Corps clones on the pegs, as well as the Clone Security figure, and the other green clone (ROTS-concept deco).

I'd visit Toyworld Johnsonville - there was plenty of stock when I went in, multiples of clones, etc...

Reaction score
Oh cool! Thanks mate. I may try and get out there this weekend then after all.

I'd love to pick up a Clone Combat Engineer, though I will leave that awful Elite Corps Clone right where it is- it's just a repainted Biker Scout and bears no resemblance to the Camo-Clone from ROTS. I'll bide my time on that one, betting we'll be getting a more accurate sculpt within the next year or two.

In related news, I must share with you that a buddy of mine Stateside just scored me a purple astromech from the Walmart exclusive wave. I'm only after that one figure from this wave so this has me very, very happy.

Cheers again for the tip Saddest.

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have Some new Things to Add to My Collection.......

I Picked up the Last 2 Vintage Figures That I needed, Luke Stormie and Lando General. They were a Birthdy present! YAY!

Also My sister went to Melbourne to See Little Britian Live and Found for me - Empire and Jedi Tin Sets! Am undecided If i open them or not!

Also I got a Wat Tambor from the Saga Line!

Saddestmoon you are Very Lucky that your Toyworld has stock......the Toyworld In Manaku Never has any stock, i dont know why i go there as im always dissapointed LOL!

Reaction score
Yeah Its Really Funny......If you have a Chance Grab a copy of the DVD! They are very Talented men....

Reaction score
Had a cool find today and something I didn't expect to get over here.

Pulsar Max in Manners Mall Wellington have the new Death Star Briefing Saga Box Set priced at $109.99. Its very cool and includes 4 new imperial officers as well as a repainted Tarkin and Motti and another Vader repack. But its all good and well worth buying if you love your Imperials.

Reaction score
Nice score, steve! I also see that the Lucas family collector set has arrived at Pulsar Max - good for those still looing for these Lucas-family figures.

Today I recieved an SAGA Clone Gunship pilot from AOTCs - not bad at all! And yesterday I got another AOTCs clone trooper from the sneak preview figures - yay!

Reaction score
Great Score On the Clone Troops!

I recieved the Last Wave of the Saga Today.......Would Like to get my Hands on the the Wal-mart Exclusives But not really that Fussed!

Steve Question, I know you have Odered from Csae Fresh.......are they Any Good?/ Im looking at getting a set of Bounty Hunter Mini Busts......But would like to know what thier service is like, shipping costs.....packageing etc.......

Also Did you guys see the Vintage 12' Boxed Leia......What an Excellent Piece! Would have loved it in my collection......

Reaction score
^^^ The Vintage Kenner 12-inch Leia looks great - it would be a great score to have in my collection.

The only vintage Kenner 12-incher I own, is the Boba Fett action figure, all in good condition - so it would be nice for Fett to have Leia as a companion...