The Saga Collection in New Zealand

Reaction score
Hey people!

Today I recieved a POTJ black Imperial R5-MQ astro droid (with hologram DS) - a fantastic little astromech! But that's not all...

I also recieved a 13-inch Vintage Kenner Boba Fett large action figure, loose and complete!!!!!!! I have waited many years, dreaming of acquiring this holy-grail of SW vintage collecting, and today it became a reality!

I'm very happy!!!!

GNT

Reaction score
DeAGOSTINI FIGURINES IN NZ

News in from our Kiwi counterparts SWNZ, that the new DeAgostini Star Wars Figurine Magazines are now available in New Zealand. Containing 60 character metal figurines in the series. The fortnightly magazine each come with a 1:32 scale hand painted metal figurine. Issue 1 was only NZ$5.95 but regular issues are NZ$17.95. If you subscribe online (and are in NZ) you also get 4 bonus gifts.

lucky

Reaction score
GNT said:
DeAGOSTINI FIGURINES IN NZ

News in from our Kiwi counterparts SWNZ, that the new DeAgostini Star Wars Figurine Magazines are now available in New Zealand. Containing 60 character metal figurines in the series. The fortnightly magazine each come with a 1:32 scale hand painted metal figurine. Issue 1 was only NZ$5.95 but regular issues are NZ$17.95. If you subscribe online (and are in NZ) you also get 4 bonus gifts.

lucky
I've seen these around but havn't really given them much of a look. These cheap magazine style things don't really do it for me when I have both Star Wars cronicle books and to me the metal figures just look cheap and tacky.

But today I recieved something that wasn't cheap and tacky. My 3 GG ROTS Clone Trooper Busts and man these things rock, they set me back a few hundred but were worth every penny. Now I just have to replace my chipped Shocktrooper and my squad will be complete!

Also got the new Rouge Two Snowspeeder in the same box from Casefresh and it is a very nice repaint/upgrade with a top notch pack in figure. I can now retire my POTF2 Snowspeeder with massive cannon, ugly battle damage and cheesy sound FX!

Reaction score
Great Work Steve With the New Members of the Squad!

Talking about the DeAGOSTINI Figues, Im Going to be Getting them, The Packageing Doesn't do them Justice! IMO They are Pretty Cool, The Magazine Isn't that Flash, But the Figures Make Up For that! They are made of Heavy Metal, and you can tell that they are Hand Painted and the Standard of that is Pretty High! So they Will Fit In Great With What I have In Mind to Do with My Collection!

I Have Now Got Displayed on my Shelf, My Very First SSC 1:6 Scale Figure and let me just Say WOW! These Figures are Awsome! The Detail is Perfect and the Wardrobe is Outstanding! I can't Wait for Kit Fisto! My Only Problem is that Anakin Looks like he is Wearing Lipstick......But its Only a slight problem!

Steve Whats Casefresh Like to deal with?? I've have been looking at getting some things. But Im getting some Great Deals from The Earth....so my $$ are being spent there! While i was lurking on Trade Me tonight, I found Fiona (from Arise Sir Toy) Is Selling Some 03 "Saga" Figures and I have to say Im Tempted! If they are there in the Morning I will Get them!

I've Also Just Brought 8 More Figues and Another 12" From the Earth! So another Shipment Is Winging its way as we Speak!

Reaction score
Could you give me a link to this The Earth Store Scotty?

I wouldn't mind checking them out myself.

Casefresh are about the main online store I deal with, they are always great to deal with.

GNT

Reaction score
If the DeAGOSTINI figurines are like the fact files they could go on forever

Reaction score
The Earth

Here you go Steve! They are Excellent to Deal With Esp Joe and Kathy! There Shipping Prices are Pretty Good As well! And they will always give you Several price options!

I Always Have a Currency Converter Going While Im Shopping! Also It Defenitly Works Out Cheaper than "Some" Pieces on Trade Me!

Yeah Well the First 40 I have seen of the DeAGOSTINI Figures are Excellent and the Next 20 look pretty good as well!

Reaction score
Hey people!

Titanium figures have appeared at Toyworld Wellington - Vader, Clone trooper and Boba Fett - all unpainted and raw-metal-esque. I thought these were painted figures, so I was somewhat surprised to see these unpainted. Does anyone know if these also come in an unpainted deco? Otherwise, these unpainted versions maybe factory-errors...

Reaction score
saddestmoon said:
Hey people!

Titanium figures have appeared at Toyworld Wellington - Vader, Clone trooper and Boba Fett - all unpainted and raw-metal-esque. I thought these were painted figures, so I was somewhat surprised to see these unpainted. Does anyone know if these also come in an unpainted deco? Otherwise, these unpainted versions maybe factory-errors...

You can get them in a painted and a unpainted vintage finish. I would have been interested in the Clone had it been the painted version, I have yet to get that one.

Reaction score
Cheers - thanks for the info Steve.

I will wait until I see a painted forged figure, before picking these up.

In the meantime, I purchased a B-Wing and a TIE/Int Titaniums this weekend, as well as a OTC TIE fighter pilot - to go with the upcoming vintage White TIE that Hasbro will be releasing! Looking forward to this vehicle alot!

Reaction score
So any sign of the TPM/Endor2 wave yet?

I have been flat out with course and work so have not really had any time to look but I expect them to be out very soon I would think since Arise Sir Toy have them in Stock, but at a bit to high a price for my liking.

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I heard From Jamie this Morning that Naboo is in stock!

Have Just Got home from Some Labour Weekend Toy Hunting!
Picked Up an Extra At-At Driver From Farmers For $13.60! They had Heaps of Reikeen and a few Ep3 Cat Minn but other than that Zip!

Now For My Bargin!!!!!!

Went to K-Mart St Lukes With the Hope they Would have a ROTS 12' Barris Offee and they did, these have been there for Months, The Last time i was there they were Down to $40, This time they had been Marked Down to $36 So i thought Cool! Take 20% off and thats not to Shabby! So Took it to the Checkout and the Girl Scanned it It came up as $4!!!!!!!!! Hello Major Bargin! She Didnt blink an eye! So I Went Back and Collected the 2 that were left on the Shelf! 1 to Open, 1 to stay Boxed and 1 for you guys if anyone is Interested! If not i Will pop it on TM! So Let Me know!

Im Off to open Some Toys!

Reaction score
Hahaha!

Yip Was a Good Score! Great Figure as well! My 12' Shelf Is Looking Very Full! And will be fuller soon! I've Got SSC 1:6 Kit Fisto on the Way and A POTF 12" Palpatine Coming from the US!

Reaction score
So while you are filling up your 12" shelf ScottyC I am scaling mine down!

Ever since SS started making 12" figures my Hasbro figures are being retired. I already sold a whole bunch of them and more and more are getting packed away as Sideshow updates them. So if your interested ScottyC I may be able to hook you up with some Hasbro figures if you are interested. They are loose but all mint and complete. Just let me know what your after.

Also I have in hand a extra MOC Carnor Jax and Kir Kanos Comic Pack if anyone is interested. This is a awesome set, I just opened mine and I love it. I can sell it for $55 if anyone is interested.

Reaction score
Hey Wicked Steve! The One I Would Really Like is POTF Admiral Ackbar! And The Saga Yoda with Council Chair! Other than that Im Just Picking them up as I see them! Im Excited About Kit Fisto Though!

Reaction score
Well Guys Kit Fisto Arrived! And I gotta Say WOW What a Wicked Figure! The Detail is Awsome! And to Cap it all Off I Recieved a Box From The Earth Yesterday and That was Full Of Figures! So All round it's been a Great Week!

Reaction score
I have also had a great week for Star Wars items arriving in the mail.

First I finally got my Shocktrooper Bust replacment from Gentle Giant so that was a great start to the week. Then the huge Endor AT-AT and Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter arrived from Rebelscummer ShadowTrooper and the next day a big box from Casefresh arrived with the Prequel Tin Sets, and Titianium C-3P0 and General Grievious as well the as the target exclusive Lava Vader but I am not sure I really need that one so if anyone is after that give me a PM.
So it has been a expensive week for me!

Reaction score
Wicked Haul Steve!

I feel Your Wallets Pain as mines in the same state! Ah well! I bet you are happy about you replacement bust! Are The Prequel Sets Anygood?? Sending you a PM about your 12"

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Bit Of A Big Week Here! Picked Up Some Great Bargins!

The Naboo Wave Arrived today! YAY!
Deciding wether to Open Now or Later!
Also I Got Saga Obi Wan With Bar Section and POTF Flashback R2! Im just Waiting on a POTJ Eeth Koth To Arrive!

Need Some Advise though, I Have Some Black protech Stands for my Vintage Figures.........They Look Pretty Good. I Have Just recieved today a pack of Clear Stands for Modern Figures. They Look Ok......But I think the Black would keep things more unified! What Do you Guys Think?? Black or Clear?????

Reaction score
Good scores Scotty! Where did you pick up the NAboo wave from? I see them on Arise but are way to expensive there so have they hit retail now?

As for the stands, well for vintage figures I would go black but I prefer the clear stands on my modern figures.

Reaction score
No I got My From Arise! Im okish with the price! i dont have the patience fo retail! LOL!

I will let you know about the 12" I never New Boss Nass Was that rear.......is he??

Reaction score
Yeah he was impossible to find in the Ep1 days. I think the going price for him seems to be around $40-$50US loose.

I really want those Naboo figures but I think I can hold out a little bit longer. I am hunting the Transformers Classics right now so they are keeping me busy.

Reaction score
Some unexpected news from SWNZ.

Mace Windus Attack Battalian is out at Kmart in Christchurch. I guess this means we can expect it here in Wellington as well soon I hope.

Has anyone scored themselves one of these yet?

Reaction score
Found some new product today but didn't bother buying it.

The new spring loaded Lightsabers are out. I saw them in Farmers and Toyworld Lower Hutt, I guess they will be else where as well. They were $69.99 so a bit expensive and one of the reasons I passed.

Anyone score a Mace Windu Battle Pack yet?

Reaction score
Got my Hailfire droid from Arisesirtoy - fantastic!

It looks great! The detailing on this droid looks great - New packaging is good also - very kewl! Colourscheme rocks! Love the oversized hoop wheels - they are my favourite feature of the Hailfire droid.

This would have to be one of my all-time favourite SW vehicles!

So glad I decided to buy this! If you don't have one, decided to purchase one, if you see it - you won't regret it!

Reaction score
Hey people!

Today I found the arc-170 TF at Kmart. Very kewl!

They also have TF's packed-in with bonus VTSC figures - I saw one packed in with endor Han Solo - for some reason I didn't pick this one up, because I already have one of these, however, I'm now kicking myself because I would have liked to have one loose as well!

Oh well - the arc-170 tf is pretty kewl anyways, with or without the pack-in.

Reaction score
Man is it ever a quiet time for Star Wars collecting in Wellington. Bearly anything new (that im interested in) has hit and the pegs and almost every store is pretty depleted of any Star Wars product at all :sigh"

You would think with only a month to go until Xmas the toy aisles would be flooded with new product but nope this is not the case. Crazy I tell you!

However for you Titanium Mini lovers I think Farmers Queensgate has a few new ones to add to your collections such as the Y-Wing and Droid Tri Fighter as well as a few others but I didn't really have a good look at them.

On a plus side I do have 4 new Sideshow 12" Figures on the way (Han Solo, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ex Qui-Gon Jinn) as well as the 3 new 30th Anniversary Vehicles (Vaders Sith Starfighter, AAT, Hailfire Droid), The Phantom Menace/Endor2 Wave and the 3 Classic Trilogy Tins so I am still finding ways to spend my money even without anything new at retail

Reaction score
Hey Steve

I agree with you about the lack of new stuff SW on shelves in Wellington.

Only recently saw some of the new titaniums you mentioned (Y-wing, and a droid Tri-fighter) when I was in Auckland for U2 (Which was an amazing experience, I might add!).

Otherwise, it's a bit empty, as far as new stuff is concerned.

Reaction score
So you went to U2 as well. I was up there and was at the Saturday Night concert.

This is the 2nd time I have seen U2, the first time was in Manchester England last year and without a doubt they have been the 2 best concerts I have ever been too!

I didn't really get a chance to check out the Auckland stores for Star Wars stuff as I was just up for the concert then drove back the following day, no time for shopping

Reaction score
I was at the Saturday concert as well.

I drove up Friday, and drove back Sunday. Left Auckland rather late on Sunday (about 3:00PM) and got back about 1:30PM. Had a fleeting look through Farmers and KMart in Botany Downs - just enough to see a couple of Titaniums - not much else on the shelves, however.

Drove past Toyworld somewhere near the Southern Motorway, but decided to keep driving, as it was mid-afternoon and I still hadn't left Auckland yet!

So many stores to discover, so little time...

Reaction score
Hi Guys! Long time Since I posted! Have Been Flat Out Doing Other Stuff! I Have Been Treading the Boards In a Stage Prodution! So Rehersals and performances Have been Long And Tireing! Now the Xmas Rush Has Started At Work!

But I Have Found Time to do Some Toy Shopping!

I Picked the Full Set Of VOTC Figures - And i Gotta Say These Are Awsome Figures! Im Not Opening them, But I Love the Cards The Figures Look Awsome and I Love the Clamshells they come in! I Am Diffenitly Looking At getting More! i love the Vintage Style And being a Vintage Collector they are pretty Cool!

I Also Picked Up The Last Few Saga Figures that i needed! Unfortunitly Jamie Had Run Out of Endor Lukes So From the 52 Basic Figures Released here Im now Only Missing the Luke!

Im Pleased You Guys All Enjoyed U2 i couldn't Make it Although All My friends Went And I Spent an Hour Afer the Show Waiting for them!

Im Excited About Xmas And what the Star Wars Fairy Might Bring! I Do know that My Sister Has Brought Me a 77 Back c7 Ree Yees With Emperor Offer! So thats pretty Exciting! And i have also pre-ordered SSC Bib Fortuna and Plo Koon So roll on next year when I get those!

Having Looked at the 2007 Line Up are you guys excited?? I kinda am, the saga legends was a big disappointment! Am gutted some figures didn't make it, and that a bad sculpt from the POTF2 era scooped the prize! The Coins are Cool though, very Retro LOL!

Steve Im Sorry i havn't got back to you. if those 12' are still going will definatly get a few!

Scotty!

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Today I found a new wave of Saga figs at Toyworld Wellington: I picked up Darth Maul - Sithing Training, and Chewbacca and Electronic Threepio figures.

Also - There were the two new Clones (5th Fleet and security) a Holographic Cody, and some new battle droids (green-deco).

The chewie/threepio figure is not bad - threepios eyes and back plate light-up when you attach his head to his torso (ESB)

Good times!

Reaction score
Cool news Saddestmoon, I will have to check those figures out, I am after a few from that wave (Holo Cody, R5-J2, and the 2 Clones and maybe the battle droids/Super Battle Droid) and didn't expect them to hit anytime before Xmas though.

Does that Darth Maul figure still have that bad action feature with the 2 wheels on his back from his original release?

I got the Chewbacca when he first came out in 2002. It is a nice figure but I think it is a bit outdated by the VOTC and Early Bird Chewbaccas that have been released since then.

I guess Hasbro NZ skipped on TPM/Endor 2 waves, lucky i picked them up fro Arise Sir Toy when they had to $50 off promo and I got them for a good price.

Reaction score
Went to Toyworld Wellington today to check if any of the new figures were left and to my surprise they had a HEAP of them in stock. So I picked up Holo Cody, R5-J2, 442nd Clone, 5th Fleet Clone, Clone Sergeant Battle Droids and Super Battle Droid. Passed on Kit Fisto since I already have the first version and this one looked the same and didn't see Chewbacca or Maul but I wasn't after them anyway. The 3 Clones were in huge numbers still but they should all be very popular.

The only figure I don't recommend is the Super Battle Droid. It is the same flimsy sculpt used in the ROTS line but with a new camo paint job. Not a very good figure at all!

Reaction score
Hey Steve

That's great! I didn't see the clone sgt when I went in, or R5-J2 either, so I might have to pay a second visit and pick me up some more!

I agree with you about Sith-Training Maul - crappy articulation. The spinning arm thing is kinda akward - Maul def. needs to be updated to SA, in my opinion.

Still, a nice figure to own.

And I just realised that this Chewbacca is the first modern Chewie I've ever purchased - wow!

Reaction score
The Clone Sergeant is a pretty nice figure but if you already have the EE 4 packs its a bit of a waste as there isn't much difference between them other than being a bit whiter and missing the green stripe from his "mohawk" to his visor. I kind of wish they included a jet pack with this figure to add a bit more to the figure then we could have had the Jet Trooper from Battlefront 2!

I am really digging the 2 ROTS Clones on the other hand. I like the design of them a lot more than I thought I would. The 5th Fleet Clone is very nice and quite unique looking while the 442nd Siege Clone is a simple repaint of the Utapau Trooper but it looks quite different in the olive green over the orange of the Utapau Trooper.

R5-J2 is sweet looking, I love the look of the Black Astromechs. There were only a couple of these guys on the shelves so get in quick if you want one.