The Saga Collection in New Zealand

Reaction score
the figure's the same figure as the hoth version, which i think is the same as the 500th vader figure anyway i'm not entirely sure because i dont own the 500th figure vader but i've read that on the site etc, the bespin vader does come with more accesories that do look pretty cool i wouldve bought it for that, if the holo wasnt stolen...

Reaction score
There are differences between all those 3 Vader's (500th, Hoth, Bespin).
Both Hoth and Bespin are based on the 500th but both have sutle differences. The chest plate has different paint aps and also the Hoth and Bespin Vader's have a scratched right shoulder. The key difference though is that 500th and Hoth Vader's dome is removable while Bespin's is glued down. Also Bespin has some really cool accessories.
Bespin Vader has just enough differences to make him worthwhile picking up IMO.

Also whats everyones thoughts on Hasbro at the Comic-Con?
I am 50/50 on liking it and hating it. I am sick of seeing so many pointless repacks and repaints but thought items like the Imperial and Republic Commando sets are beyond awesomeness! Also I was dissapointed with the vehicle line up, just too many Jedi Starfighters and not enough "new" ships and the White Tie, a ship I wanted is a total dud and something I will not be buying.

Sideshow ruled the Comic-Con this year though, I have already placed my pre-order for the Jabba/Throne/Creatures!

Reaction score
i'm really looking forward to the imperial set, i wont pick up the delta squad set mostly because the photos of sev have already ruined it for me and i've come to the consensus that my custms are going to look better than the hasbro product..
hate the anniversary packs with imperial troopers (snowtrooper, sandtrooper and biker scout) with removable helmets and them having clone heads underneath the helmets... i totally hate that theyve done that..
the comic two packs look terrible...
the new AAT looks awesome, it rules that we're getting figures like the galactic marine etc
the thing im mostly excited about is the imperial officers set still

Reaction score
Well Im Slowly Catching up on Comic Con.........BUT....I am Looking forward to Yarel.......Too Many Clones for my liking. But Then Again I will probably get them! I am Pleased they have extended the line! I'm really liking the looks of the Cantina Band! That Looks Wicked! Im Still thing of skipping Bespin Vader!

Reaction score
The Hailfire Droid and Sith Starfighter are the only things getting my attention. The retooled Ewok Celebration Leia looks kewl as well - but on the whole, I'm disappointed that nothing has been mentioned on the V-Wing or Sith Infiltrator.

Here's hoping they are being planned for a later release date. Otherwise, I might feel like I've been led up the garden path, so to speak...

Reaction score
My Georgle Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise arrived this morning from Hasbro NZ. A nice little surprise since I didn't know when to expect this. So if you mailed away for this figure you should expect it to arrive any day now.

Reaction score
^^^That's great to hear steve!

Yesterday I found the Republic Cruiser Titanium vehicle - very kewl find! Hoping to get me another of these!

On another note - I've noticed that many stores are still restocking Carkoon wave figures, particulary The Warehouse. Still haven't seen the warehouse restock with Geonosis, Coruscant or Tatooine waves yet - always Carkoon and Hoth. Kinda wish the carkoon wave would wither and die, cos it seems to have been pegwarming in mnay places for quite some time.

Reaction score
for people in christchurch farmers eastgate have restocked with the Geonosis wave multiples of everything including scorch's there were like 5 on the pegs and alot of utapau clones everything was plentiful..

also purchased the new snow speeder with zev figure on ebay, cant wait for that to arrive, awesome

Reaction score
On a slightly unrelated tangent, if anyone finds a 2004 5 cent piece or a 2005 10 cent piece, I'd hold onto them, as these are apparently quite rare coins. Apparently the 5 cent coin is worth $150 approx, while the 10 cent coins is worth $40 approx. One could use these coins to fund their SW collections!

Reaction score
If your after the Endor wave they has now hit the shores of NZ!
Toyworld J'Ville have a lot of this wave in stock so head down and grab a set. They are all fantastic figures (well all but the Emperor!)

The case included Chief Chirpa, Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Gunner, C-3PO with Ewok Throne, Commander Cody, R2-D2 Hoth Wave and Emperor Palpatine.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up steve

If you are interested in Artoo Potato, get to Toyworld Wellington (Ballance Street) as they have lots in for about $29.95 approx. I also saw a couple of Darth Taters, so be quick!

EDIT: slightly off topic, today I picked up BSG 2.0 on DVD - fantastic!!!!
Mesa very happy!

Reaction score
Hey people!

Today was a good hunt - picked up a titanium Milennium Falcon (ROTS), Commander Cody (Very Kewl!), Death-Star Gunner (Awesome!), and an Utapau Clone - not a bad haul for a Friday!

Cody and DS Gunner are great - despite being pea-headed!

Also, if people are interested, there are two scorches at Farmers, North City Plaza, Porrirua.

Yay!

Reaction score
Hey Fellas, Hope you are all well. Im in need of Advise, as my collection of loose Vintage Figures Becomes Complete, I am Needing a change in Focus. Although i have been Collecting TSC And Have a Stack of Modern Figures I have a delema. Im Wanting to Continue a Modern Focus on Figures. Should I do What i Did for the Vintage and Focus on a Line at a time or do the whole range?? Second Problem is - I am Becomeing Increasingly Annoyed At/With Trade Me and the Prices that people are putting on there Figures, wether they are loose or carded. So Am I better to just save quietly and do a huge spend up in Online stores or do I quieten down and pay TM Prices?? But The Thing is With Star Wars Collecting for me its the Hunt. If I buy Online that takes away the fun! I hope you Understand all of that! The Other thing is When You got your Sandtrooper from TSC Was his head forced back in the bubble so you can see the ball joint?? Or did I get the one that was forced in LOL He just looks Silly!

Thanks For you help Guys!

Scotty!

And Yes Death Star Gunner Rocks!

Reaction score
Hey Scotty!

Hmmm... Those are interesting dilemmas you have there. Don't know what to suggest, other than by sharing my own collecting habits.

I'm a loose collector of mostly modern figures, however, I do keep some carded, for example, I have two VTSC lukes (Carded and loose), and two General Reeikans (Carded and loose as well). The reason for this is because I love these two figures carded, and wanted them loose as well, like the majority of my collection. I do have three vintage droids figures carded as well - they are the exceptions to my loose vintage collection (which I no longer actively collect), which has been around ever since I was a child.

I think I tend to collect whatever appeals at the time. With no specific focus, I go for what looks good as a figure. One suggestion is perhaps looking at which characters/figures stand out in your existing collection and maybe focus on that character. Another possibility - weigh up each line/wave in advance - make a checklist of your wants and let the hunt begin.

Another way of focusing might be to pick a scenes from SW and collect all the figures that appear in that scene, for example: Tantive IV in ANH - stormtroopers, leia, vader, antilles, imperial officers, C3P0, r2, any other miscellanous droids that could be/were included in the that scene, etc.

Another focus that I kinda have of late has been to collect figures from ANH, simply because it was the first SW (chronologically) and the one that started it all. I consider ANH more canon than ROTJ even. I love the style of costumes, designs, etc... from ANH, therefore I'm always on the lookout for figures from this movie, especially ones that have never been made before, either by Kenner in the 1970s and 80s, or by Hasbro in modern times.

Sorry I cannot offer more practical advice - most of my collecting in intuitive rather than methodical.

As far as buying stuff online, I must admit that it still ignites the thrill of the hunt in me. Most of my stuff I have acquired just through retail, however for some select items that I wanted very badly, I have used online services.

I must confess that I found Cody at retail, and a Sandtrooper, and it felt so good to do so! Very thrilling. Both of these I considering the online option, however I'm glad I didn't. I also found Gree and Bly at Retail, and it was quite by chance, long after I had given up on actually finding them in a shop. I guess online is a great option for items that are never gonna arrive on NZ shores, so from that standpoint, it is a great avenue for SW collecting.

As far as my sandtroopers head being forced backwards, I noticed nothing out of the norm, and I think I tore open the packaging so quickly that I didn't take the time to really study the position of his helm in relation to the rest of the figure.

Maybe you got a unique sandtrooper with ball-joint reveal action!

Reaction score
i have a few figures and things from the vintage stuff i had as a kid still like the rancor and a bunch of play worn figures and most of the power of the force 2 crap.. which i'm not too interested in and just sit in storage, with the more modern figures from the end of potf2 where the sculpts started to get alot less heman like i'm mainly a lose collector and i'm only buying the figures i want and that goes through phases like i had a geonosian arena phases and bought all the arena jedi and a bunch of clone troopers and battle droids etc for them to look cool on my shelf with, mainly i buy ot figures and have quite an immense collection which i army build with etc.. i gave up on finding the things i want at retail here so i buy most of the figures, ships etc online mostly using ebay because its a cheaper alternative than online collector stores,
when i'm in a store i still look to see if theyve got anything new and get that collector excitement feeling...
i have bought things off trade me before at the sellers inflated price.. i bought a clone commander bacura off trade me from the seller that has the tact ops clones up for $45 for i think $40 before id seen the figure at any store here so wanted it etc... and felt foolish when i saw it at stores a week later for $13
to me the price of battle packs etc seem crazy on trade me, ebay is alot cheaper even with shipping..
when i was trying to complete my mint on mint card otc collection when i was down to getting the last few figures i probably paid alittle more than i needed to in haste to finish the collection... but yeah

Reaction score
Mmmmmmm Thanks For That! Have Saved and Enlarged the Pic of the Rebel Commando And Im almost certain it Might Be a Repro. Im not absolutly certain, But the Bubble Looks way larger than the colour patch, and the bubble is way to clean, also the bottom right hand corner doesnt look to be completely attached. This however is MO IF they are real they are pretty good examples. While Im here i will update the collecting deleima......Im going to Shift to a Modern Focus, Im going to look at Completing a Set of POTF, Ep1, POTJ, Saga, OTC ROTS and TSC Loose Figures. The Good thing is that im already about 50% there, which is a great start. I have also decided to stay away from TM for the time being, although I will keep an eye out for any Bargins! LOL! So Let the Hunt Begin!

Reaction score
Hey people!

Today I picked up another Republic Cruiser and a Blue A-wing - very kewl! I prefer the McQuarrie paintjob on the A-wing, over the cannon Red version. It looks slick!

Reaction score
And today I picked up Tatooine Luke - which is actually a pretty good figure, I feel, even though initially I thought I would pass on it. It looks good on card, and I love the soft-goods cloak, the removable hat, and the chest with its contents - all in all, a pretty top-notch figure.

Reaction score
saddestmoon said:
And today I picked up Tatooine Luke - which is actually a pretty good figure, I feel, even though initially I thought I would pass on it. It looks good on card, and I love the soft-goods cloak, the removable hat, and the chest with its contents - all in all, a pretty top-notch figure.

Yeah I really like this figure as well. A very nice update to the old commtech Luke and he is well worth a purchase.

I have not really found anything new at retail since the Endor Wave but I am not expecting to find anything since I am quite up to date. I do have a load of my preorders coming from Casefresh which is keeping my credit card full. I got the Sideshow Kit Fisto the other day and Rouge 2 Snowspeeder and the 3 Clone Trooper Busts on the way.

Reaction score
That sounds kewl!

Other than the Tat.Luke figure, the hunt has slowed somewhat for me also. I'm now relatively up to speed with most of the Saga figures that I have wanted and looked for.

R5-D4 is the other Tat. figure that I'm still looking for, but no sign of it yet in stores, to my knowledge.

EDIT: I found a second carded Tatooine Luke the next day! Love this figure alot!

Reaction score
R5-D4 or Momaw Nadon have not been released over here at this point so you will not be finding them in any store. They may be packed in the cases with the Naboo/Endor2 wave but with the amount of figures in that wave I doubt it.

If you want R5-D4 you may have to go online or just hope Hasbro NZ releases this figure.

Reaction score
Hey Fella's Hows Things?? Im Waiting for a Order to Come From The Earth In The US! I've been very good and Saving my $$ and Buying what I want! So Im Waiting on 11 Figures and 2 12" Figures! I've Also Pre-Ordered My First SSC Which Im Pretty Excited About! And Im Very Excited About The New Plo Koon! So Other Than That Just Saving Some More $$ For Another Purchase. Do Any of yoiu guys have any of the Gentle Giant Mini Busts?? Im Looking At Ordering Some.....But Would like a Better idea of there size and if they are any good?? I opened a whole heap of TSC Figs Last week, was heaps of fun........still a few to go, but i dnt wanna rush things..........

GNT

Reaction score
Haven't started with the mini busts butthey are pretty tempting. Did get the large Grievous cartoon Maquette.

Reaction score
GNT and ScottyC - Those sound very kewl!

I haven't ever looked at Gentle Giant stuff - maybe I should look at expanding my SW collections beyond just 3 3/4 inch Line and Titaniums...

GNT

Reaction score
saddestmoon said:
GNT and ScottyC - Those sound very kewl!

I haven't ever looked at Gentle Giant stuff - maybe I should look at expanding my SW collections beyond just 3 3/4 inch Line and Titaniums...
I used to mainly stick to the 3 3/4 inch line but over the last year I've gone out on a whim and collected or at least bought a few non figure pieces just to add a little variety to the collection. What can I say sure it might cost an arm and a leg for a certain piece (depends what your after) but it looks great displayed and will be cherished forever!

At the end of the day anyone and everyone buys star wars figures but items like Props or Busts are more limited with only 3000 or 4000 made. Don't have to collect every piece made just what you like.

Reaction score
I got into Gentle Giant Busts/Statues when the 1st Jango Fett and Count Dooku were released after AOTC and have been collecting them ever since. I guess I just wanted something more out of my collection than Hasbro product and these were the high quality yet affordable items I was looking for. I also brought 2 Master Replicas but find them far to expensive to continue to collect so Im just sticking with my Mace Windu SE and Count Dooku LE Lightsabers.

But onto the Busts, I think they look fantastic but you have to be extremly careful with them as they chip or break with the slightest bump and some even are chipped or broken in the box. My biggest dissapointment was my new Shocktrooper Bust that was chipped in the box so now I have to jump though hoops to try and get a replacement.

But they are worth collecting and look fantastic and some can be had for cheap such as ROTS Darth Vader and TESB Yoda which are 2 great busts to start off a collection with. So yes if you find Hasbro just isn't enough then these busts are the next step in collecting. Just take care with them!!!

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments Guys!

I'm gonna look into these.

In the meantime, I picked up another Saga Sandtrooper from KMART Porirua today - that brings my squad to a total of 2 Sandies!

Reaction score
Hey people!

For anyone looking for a Scorch in Lower Hutt, head to Farmers, Westfield shopping Centre (Queensgate) - there is one upstairs in the SW section of the shelves - be quick!

Reaction score
Hey Guys! Hope Everyone is having a Great Week! Well Im Still waiting on my Order from the States! Hopefully Monday or Tuesday it will arrive! But Today I Brought From Arise Sir Toy a Sideshow 1:6 Anakin! I dont know why but the Larger Figures are really Cool! So that will Arrive this week as well! And Jamie will be Stocking the New Plo Koon as well! Which Im Very Excited About........Pity about having to wait so long......eh! Speaking of Scorch's he i one of the Last ones i havn't opened yet....but he is calling me to Open him Up! And Im Still on the look out for the last 2 Vintage I need........Just have to build the Funds Up again...*Sigh* Ah well I know when my Order from the US Gets here i will have another fix fo awhile.........

Reaction score
Hey people!

Today I picked up a POTF2 Leia and Wicket two-pack, a Captain Antilles SAGA Fan's Choice figure, and two VTSC figures: Han and a Biker Scout.

Very kewl figures!

Reaction score
Hey Guys! Im In Need Of Some help! For Starters ImIn No Way Interested In This Auction - But Check Out Trade Me Auction - Trade Me Auction Now I Know My Figures - Am I Right Kenner Stopped Producing Figures - Mid 80's! Hasbro Was Making Figures In 1999 - So This is Either a Complete Custom! OR I Have Missed Something! Anyways The Other Auction that I Cracked Up at was - 2nd Trade Me Auction The Orginal Start Price was $130!!!!!!!!!! Anyways I hope No Body Buys the Custom - Unless im wrong! And the George Lucus Is A Joke IMO.

Ps I Recieved My Figures From the US! They are Excelent! Now I just hae to Figure Out How to Post Pics!

Reaction score
I would say that Takeel is a custom. The only way you could get that figure is with the Cantina Aliens Cinema Scene 3 Pack.

However it does say it is a UK exclusive and I am not sure if this was ever offered as a UK exclusive so I may be the real deal. I still tend to think it is a custom though.

The Geogre figure is a joke, that guy is clueless.

Reaction score
Yeah Its Defenitly A Custom! I knew...But i just wasn't Sure! I Had a Mouth Full of Coffee When I saw George and Just about lost it on My Screen..............I Will go in Hunt........Of a British Collector Who Might be Able to Help! The Thing with the Takeel "Custom" Is the Kenner Logo......Maybe the Card Came from Ffurg Vault before it went Offline........