The Saga Collection in New Zealand

Reaction score
Since ROTS is finished and it seems New Zealand is not getting any more ROTS items other than the old peg warmers that a left over I thought it is about time to start off a Saga sightings thread.

I just got a call today from Toyworld Johnsonville to say that the Carkoon Wave is in stock so NZ has its first taste of Saga figures and SWNZ is reporting that the first lot of Unleashed battlepacks are in stock at the Warehouse although I am not bothering with them.

Has the Luke/X-Wing Transformer been sighted over here yet? These have been restocked at most Warehouse stores but all I can find are loads of Vader/TIE and the odd Grievous/Wheel Bike!

Reaction score
havent seen any saga figures instore here yet, but this is encouraging... i hope stores do take these on.. this new collection of figures are looking to be really awesome.. i've ebought the first and second waves.. amd just.,.. ebayed scorch and utapau clone figures for $30 US with shipping.. which is probably too much, but... not really by nz standards for figure prices, hope we see these in store

Reaction score
Thats not to bad for those 2 figures, I have heard some people paying up to $30US just for Scorch!!!

Also I forgot to say Toyworld Johnsonville gave me a run down of what they have coming and when to expect them. As they said Carkoon wave February, Hoth wave March and Geonosis wave April with Coruscant, Tatioone, Naboo and Endor in the following months. They also will be getting the 5 Vintage figures in May.

So we may have a wait a while but at least NZ will be getting most of the Saga toys, even if it is only in one store!

Reaction score
Found the Bounty Hunter 7 Pack in a comic store in Manners Mall Wellington. I wasn't going to buy it but it looked so sweet in the package that I cracked and picked it up. So thats another new saga item found so things are slowly getting out! THe price was $99.95 but I can't remember for sure as it was a impluse buy.

Also saw 2 Unleashed Battle Packs at the Warehouse Petone, one was the Utapauian Warroirs and the other was the Droids. Both looked very lame and way to expensive for what they were (Just under $30)

Reaction score
saw the remains of the carkoon wave at toyworld northlands christchurch today.. and the unleashed battle packs.. that in person.. look really cheap and the $30 price tag also seems excessive on these for what they are.. found new titaniums, i dont collect them so dont know much about them but found a multipack of ot vechiles with a "exclusive" silver falcon packed in,
this'll be cool if we start getting more of the saga figures

Reaction score
Hey People

There was an ultra Titanium Tri-Fighter in Toyworld, Ballance St, Wellington CBD today - about $69.00 (New Zealand dollars) - it comes in a huge package!

Also, I just picked up Saga Boba Fett - not too impressive, I thought - I didn't like the arms, which are fixed and bent - not very articulated.

Reaction score
Saw more of the Carkoon wave in Farmers Lower Hutt today so these are getting out now and in bigger numbers.

But my big find today was the 5 new LEGO sets. These were Slave 1 ($99.95), B-Wing ($69.95), TIE Interceptor ($49.95), A-Wing ($34.95) and V-Wing ($24.95).

Can't wait till we get the Sail Barge and Star Destroyer now!

Reaction score
Hey kiwis!

Found Titanium Ultras Tri-Fighter and Arc-170 models in Farmers Lower Hutt - got me an Arc-170 - fantastic model. Worth every cent - got it for $59.99 (NZ dollar).

Reaction score
found the whole Carkoon wave at farmers eastgate christchurch today.. two of each figure at $14.45 ..which is quite an awesome price.. i also saw some of those figures at toyworld northlands, theyre since gone though and were at $22

old news but... these are turning up in more places here so thats promising

Reaction score
It still sucks that we are only just getting the Carkoon wave while the states have had the Geonosis Wave out for about a month.

Hasbro NZ needs to pull its finger out, they will lose out in the end with the hardcore NZ collectors ( like me) getting all thier stuff online just to keep up to date.

Reaction score
yeah, it'd be good if hasbro nz got ontop of that and distributed alot better... it'd be good for us who've been collecting for awhile, and are going to if we cant find them at retail buy the figures we need online anyway..
but other than that.. is there much of a demand for star wars figures here? or is it just that when we are getting them and theyre selling stores just keep getting pegwarmer cases that dont sell and thats why star wars does badly at retail here.. ie.. every warehouse store around here's still flooded with shadow troopers and number 11 rots darth vaders, that arent selling at all...making retail sellers aprehensive about ordering new stuff when the pegs are semi loaded with stuff that isnt selling, not that they make any real effort to sell them, we dont get the clearanced sales the us do etc... theyre still selling them at the same price they originally were etc..
it was quite good when the potf2 stuff was at retail here i think we were getting figures at the same time as the us, i remember reading Tomart and reading the preview on the potf2 darth vader with removable helmet and then finding him at retail the next day,
would it be fair to say there really isnt that much of a demand here for the new figures?
i think its good what farmers seem to be doing.. ordering like, only afew cases or something of the first assortment of new figures so there are a few of each so.. theres a limited quanity anyway so itd only take afew collectors that are after that wave to pick up the six figures they need and then the kids can pick up the boba fetts that are packed in multiples, that theyre interested in... so the pegs get emptied quicker and theres room for them to put out the next wave...

Reaction score
also.. with the saga collection figures assuming youve opened them.. have they been like... sortve really bad quality? out of the four scorch's i've bought off ebay (to customize into delta squad) all of their ball joints are really loose and wont stay in any fixed pose, cant stand because they joints allowing it to hang at a retarded angle unbalancing it... the arm balljoints are okay but so far with all of the ones i've opened all of the joints have been that loose, excludeing the atat driver and general veers,
boba fetts arms are like that, ( maybe because of the action feature...i never owned the first release of this figure so maybe thats a design flaw with having the action feature) barada's joints are the same, the scorch's are the worse though.. and when i recieved them they were all mint on card that i'd opened so... they were new figures

Reaction score
I am the king of getting figures with bad paint jobs or loose joints but so far Saga2 has been treating me well.

Only Boba Fett has loose arms but he is meant to for that stupid action feature of his. The rest all are totally fine. THe last bad joint figure I had was the Tactical Ops Trooper whos left arms kept popping off everytime it was touched. I have yet to get Scorch though and have heard a lot of QC problems on him.

Reaction score
Heads up!

Hoth Wave sighted at Warehouse, Lower Hutt - I got me an AT-AT driver - looks great - very articulated, and only $19.95 (New Zealand dollar).

There was also two of each figure, or thereabouts. Darth Vaders, Derlins, Rieekans, power droids, snowtroopers, and Veers! They were all there, so I'd be quick, before the rush!

Stylie_Steve - a red shocktrooper on the shelves at Warehouse Petone. I left it, as I already have two of these, so if you are interested, get in quick before it disappears - it won't be round long.

Reaction score
Cool news on the Hoth wave. I already have that wave but we are at least 1 step closer to the figures I need (Geonosis Wave). But I may pick up a extra AT-AT Driver (since you really do need 2!) if there are any left by the time I get around to have a look.

I have a spare carded Shocktrooper already so I will leave him for another collector I think. Thanks for the heads up though.

Reaction score
Stylie_Steve - if your interested in some Geonosis wave figures, check out Trademe.co.nz - they have a Scorch, and an Utapau Clone trooper being auctioned at the moment - the scorch auction is about to close shortly, so check it out soon, before it ends.

Reaction score
Cool. I may place a bid on it but I would prefer to just get the set all at once (I see the place as at least 7 of the 8 that I can find). If I can get it for under $20 I will be happy though.

Reaction score
Went down to the Lower Hutt The Warehouse a couple days ago to check out what Hoth Wave figure they had. Seemed to be at least 2 or 3 of each figure in the wave (8 in total) so I decided to pick up a double of the AT-AT Driver and a Snowtrooper for my Hoth diorama.

The price was a little off putting though since Farmers have the Saga Collection figures for 14.99 or 16.99.

Reaction score
Hey people!

Picked up General Reeikan and General Veers yesterday - very kewl figures these are. Oddly enough, I actually like the Reeikan figure quite a bit - very glad I bought it - its one of my favourites!

Reaction score
saddestmoon said:
Hey people!

Picked up General Reeikan and General Veers yesterday - very kewl figures these are. Oddly enough, I actually like the Reeikan figure quite a bit - very glad I bought it - its one of my favourites!

I am not such a big fan of the Reeikan figure myself. I brought the Ultra version in 2004 and think that version is much nicer. The plastic used on the Ultra Reeikan seems to be of a much higher quality and the tactical screen is a veryu cool accessory.

I still brought the saga version but thought it was a pointless rehash. The Veers on the other hand rules! One of the best figures made this year IMO.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd agree about Veers - very kewl figure, with lots going for it, I feel.

Gotta admit, I'm still a Rieekan fan - bought a second one carded, cos I love it that much! I've noticed he isn't warming the pegs like I thought he would.

Reaction score
Yup he isn't a peg warmer thats for sure. I think its because he is only packed at 1 per case so there is less of a chance for him to be a Peg Warmer. Veers and Derlin seem to be the peg warmers from this wave!

Reaction score
after seeing your posts on hoth wave finds in wellington i proceeded to menace to pretty much every warehouse store in christchurch... with hopes of picking up a few at-at drivers and another veers so i can display one armoured in my 'battle of hoth' corner of my collection and one in his uniform with my imperial officers and such but to my great dismey christchurch warehouses seem to've restocked with rots figures... and i havent seen as many rots figures since they initially came out... it looked like the first/ second/ third waves of collection one... Mace Windu, #6 clone troopers.. firing cannon yoda... vader, palpatine, etc... still no saga figures at all at warehouse here... and the carkoon wave's pegwarming everywhere else... awesome

but thanks to ebay.. i've almost completed my moc otc collection.. ah ha

Reaction score
I just found the Geonosis wave at Toyworld Johnsonville!

The figures out were Scorch, Utapau Clone Trooper, Sun Fac, Sora Bulq, Yoda, Jango Fett, Poggle the Lesser and C-3PO with Battle Droid head. So if your after this figures get there quick!

Next on my list CORUSCANT WAVE! I can't wait to find Clone Commander Cody!!!!

Reaction score
thats awesome... finally found reminants of the hoth wave here.. only three figures though.. reeiken derlin and veers.. picked up and extra veers

Reaction score
hexagram said:
thats awesome... finally found reminants of the hoth wave here.. only three figures though.. reeiken derlin and veers.. picked up and extra veers
Seems the Hoth wave is taking its time getting down to the South Island huh hexagram? I guess were lucky in Wellington that we have a good store who is run by a guy who knows a bit about Star Wars collecting and always orders the newest figures out.

Reaction score
i actually saw the other day at a warehouse store.. the first time i've seen that kindve thing also... a swapped out figure.. saga collection wave 1 carkoon han solo swapped for the potf carbonite block solo and the carbonite slab swapped for the one that came with the shadows of the empire slave 1... and crappily reasealed.. i guess some new zealand collectors are ****** bags aswell..

Reaction score
hexagram said:
i actually saw the other day at a warehouse store.. the first time i've seen that kindve thing also... a swapped out figure.. saga collection wave 1 carkoon han solo swapped for the potf carbonite block solo and the carbonite slab swapped for the one that came with the shadows of the empire slave 1... and crappily reasealed.. i guess some new zealand collectors are ****** bags aswell..
I didn't think that type of thing happened here! Man I guess some NZers are reading about the tricks of the trade form people in the US! Grr that type of thing really makes me angry as it just makes collecting harder than it already is over here.

If anyone catches someone returning a swapped out figure be sure to clock them one in the face!

Reaction score
Amen to that! ^^^

Heads up Titanium collectors - found the following at Warehouse Petone: sith infiltrator, Obi-wan's blue jedi starfighter, Naboo royal cruiser, Wookie Flyer, Death-Star, Vulture Droid, ATT, battle-damaged Millenium Falcon, and UGH Slave one - if that tickle your fancy!

Only bought the Obi-Starfighter, so the rest are indeed, up for grabs!

Happy Easter!