The Rochester Thread - 77

Reaction score
Park Ave Comics is closing down. Picked a bunch of random stuff for a decent discount.

Comics Etc is moving from the Village Gate to a new space by the railroad tracks on East Main. Didn't buy anything from them. Perhaps the least friendly comic shop in the area.

Yankee Clipper has moved to a new and brighter space in Village Gate. Bought some cards for my kids but nothing for me.

Reaction score
Park Ave Comics is closing down. Picked a bunch of random stuff for a decent discount.

Comics Etc is moving from the Village Gate to a new space by the railroad tracks on East Main. Didn't buy anything from them. Perhaps the least friendly comic shop in the area.

Yankee Clipper has moved to a new and brighter space in Village Gate. Bought some cards for my kids but nothing for me.

Didn't even know Park Ave Comics existed. Might have to stop by to see what they have.

Reaction score
Shae Vizla

Has anyone come across the vintage re-release line? I am looking for Shae Vizla. If anyone has one they would like to sell please let me know. This is the only figure I am missing from the vintage collection and I want to fill that hole!!!

Reaction score
Same sculpt, better paint job. Missed the Saga Collection Slave I at Target (in 06), think this one looks pretty good.
No BSI but did it ever really need it? It be cool with the cage mentioned in the Bounty Hunter books.

Reaction score
Village Gate Toy and Collectible Show
274 N. Goodman Street
Rochester, NY
Sunday March 17 2013
9am-4pm
[h=1]FREE admission[/h] 2 Floors

Hot Wheels, Star Wars, Walking Dead, Transformers, GI Joe, McFarlane, WWE
[FONT=&quot]Vintage toys, Games, Models, Glasses[/FONT]

Reaction score
I thought I'd ask you somewhat local collectors (I'm Southeast of you near Binghamton) if you have some of these items laying around in a bin before I post my wants in the modern classifieds.
I will pay a few dollars for each of the items shown in my photo plus shipping.

I need:

1. Micro Machines Episode 1 Theed Palace courtyard floor plate (only need the gray tile base, most of the walkway/steps, etc can be unscrewed and removed!).

2. Saga 2003 plastic campfire accessory from Tusken Raider: Tatooine Camp Ambush figure.

3. Any modern (year 2000+) gaffi stick accessory.

4. Floor base from Obi vs Vader: Final Duel - Silver Anniversary set.

PM me, thanks
Scott

Last edited:
Reaction score
And next Sunday is here.

I got to the show at about 11:45 this morning. It wasn't crowded. Not as many vendors as the December show. Some of the reason is there are new shops on the 1st floor near the new Yankee Clipper and I'm thinking management didn't want the toy vendors blocking their access/store fronts. But the second show had a few less vendors as well.

Bought a few comics and some misc Star Wars stuff but otherwise it was pretty blah.

Reaction score
Don't think so, stole those images from the recent Toy Fair. Was happy to see some Vintage still in the future. Don't think I'll be sailing the Disney ship. Have you seen the LSI (Little Slave I) on the shelves currently?....Puke.:disgusted:

Reaction score
That Slave I was announced back at Celebration VI, when the Disney purchase was still very early. Other things announced at that show have been canceled, from toys to television shows.

Reaction score
To clarify, I meant the Class I mini Slave I. The Vintage version was hinted at, but not officially announced until Toy Fair in February.

Reaction score
Don't think so, stole those images from the recent Toy Fair. Was happy to see some Vintage still in the future. Don't think I'll be sailing the Disney ship. Have you seen the LSI (Little Slave I) on the shelves currently?....Puke.:disgusted:
This Disney deal is the best thing to happen to the franchise in a quite sometime.

Reaction score
Unfortunately my wheels have been spoken for today but if anyone is interested in some loose POTF2 fig's and would like to take some things over to a Garage Sale Charity for returning troops being held in Henrietta today until three today. PM if available. Thanks. Alex just join FB already; Disney has owned Lucas since '87

Reaction score
How was the Armory show today?

Thanks but no thanks to the FB invite.

Attended the Niagara Falls Comic Con this weekend. It was a good show. Got some autographs and misc stuff.

NF Canada is always impressive, NF USA not so much.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Stopped by the Armory today. Nothing special. Did get a few C-3PO things. Mimobot, invitations & some pop-up thing with a 3PO bust on top. $12.