The Rochester Thread - 76

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Nov 1, 2002
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
0
FYI: TRU exclusive Force Unleased and Republic Commandos have shown up. At $40, I could only buy one. I missed out on the battle over endor stuff.
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2005
Messages
923
Reaction score
0
For those collecting Joes, The ollie's on the ridge has the cancelled ROC wave vehicles for $10 alone with the Mechs for $10 each.
 
Joined
Apr 2, 2005
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
0
Location
Wingtopia
vlad1138 said:
For those collecting Joes, The ollie's on the ridge has the cancelled ROC wave vehicles for $10 alone with the Mechs for $10 each.
Yeah I got mine a few weeks ago, it was a nice surprise.

Saw a POC BlackDragon VTOL + the new VAMP today.
 
Joined
Nov 1, 2002
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
0
Who is Hasbro thought up the bright idea to have vintage waves include figures from a wave just a month earlier??

Wave 6 notables:
R2 from jabba's barge (from wave 3)
Endor trooper (from wave 3)
EP2 clone
EP3 clone (from wave 3)
Empire stormie (from wave 5)
EP2 Obi

Wave 7 notables:
EP2 clone (again)
Ep3 clone (again)
Sand trooper (From wave 5)
Jedi Luke (from wave 3)
Boba (again)
Jango
Logray
Arc Trooper
Rebel trooper

Wave 8 notables

empire storie
jedi luke
Endor trooper
Boba
R2 Jabba sail barge
wicket
vader


Wave 9 notables
jango (again)
vader (again)
jedi luke (again)
rebel trooper (again)


Now this is not a comprehensive list. just what I noticed ina short time.

We've got vader in 3 waves back to back. (wave 8 revision 1 included)

We've got ep2 and 3 clones in droves, not that they also appear in the legends and cartoon styles too at the same times.

Jedi Luke in most evert other case.


And we wonder why no new product hits?

I was at a store where the vintage ont he shelves was 80% CLONES!!! yet, I could pick legends clones for 3 bucks less.

GOOD GRAVY.....
 
Joined
Jul 15, 2003
Messages
3,721
Reaction score
1
Location
Upstate NY
Don't know why they want to pack the Rebel Trooper so much. He'll be the next Sandtrooper. I can understand Vader. Even though collectors are tired of seeing him, he does sell better then most of the figures.
 
Joined
Apr 2, 2005
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
0
Location
Wingtopia
The_LingSter said:
We've got ep2 and 3 clones in droves, not that they also appear in the legends and cartoon styles too at the same times.

Jedi Luke in most evert other case.
And we wonder why no new product hits?
I was at a store where the vintage ont he shelves was 80% CLONES!!! yet, I could pick legends clones for 3 bucks less.
GOOD GRAVY.....
Reason #4 I dont buy SW anymore.
 
Joined
Jul 6, 2000
Messages
10,175
Reaction score
0
Most of the older figures on your list in "wave 8" will be on cardbacks with the "REVENGE" logo, so they will be chase figures.


Wave 8: "Revenge of the Jedi" Chase Figures
__ VC08: Darth Vader
__ VC09: Boba Fett
__ VC22: Admiral Ackbar
__ VC23: Luke Skywalker (Endor Captive)
__ VC25: R2-D2 (with Pop-Up Lightsaber)
__ VC26: Endor Rebel Commando ...this should be the black kit-bashed trooper
__ VC27: Wicket
__ VC41: Stormtrooper

These are "New to TVC" but are repacks/repaints
__ VC62: Han Solo (Trench Coat) ...seems to be a kit-bash
__ VC63: B-Wing Pilot Keyan Farlander
__ VC64: Leia Organa (Slave Outfit)
__ VC65: TIE Fighter Pilot

These will be NEW figures:
__ VC68: Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear)
__ VC69: Bastila Shan
__ VC70: Ponda Baba (Walrus Man)


This is a placeholder wave, because the other figures were pushed back, and an entire wave was removed from the line in order to come out closer to next year's TPM3D release.

So, basically...Hasbro is once again pushing TVC to the backburner for another season. But the good news is that there's PLENTY of TCW hitting! BAH....


As for the rest...
I agree they should STOP releasing Ep3 clones and Sandtroopers!
 
Joined
Apr 2, 2005
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
0
Location
Wingtopia
CaptainAlex said:
Wingnut said:
Reason #4 I dont buy SW anymore.
When did this happen?
I pick up certain items but I havent been a devout SW collector in over 18 months. I grabbed CW Mandos, the AT-AT,a few figs from certain waves, and the RC Set.

I'm not nearly the completist I used to be. I'm tired of the repacks and repaints. I do the same for Joes and Marvel as well, its rare I buy whole waves to keep, I tend to keep only a few from each wave unless they are army builders like Cobra Vipers or Infantry.
 
Joined
Jul 15, 2003
Messages
3,721
Reaction score
1
Location
Upstate NY
Savers comes through again! Picked this lot for $2.99 today.


Also, Hen Walmart has the 30th GI Joe figures. Saw Cobra Viper, Cobra Soldier, Hazard Viper & Steel Brigade Trooper. BTW: Some of these vipers are very specific. Is there really 40 hours a week work for these guys? If I was Cobra Commander, I'd hate paying them to sit around until there was a use for them. Same thing on the Joes side. What exactly is the guy who drives the shuttle crawler doing most of the time? Must be nice to have an easy gig.
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2005
Messages
923
Reaction score
0
Found the remainders of the new Joe wave hitting now at Canadaguia and Watkins Glen. Also in Watkins Glen spotted the new Thudercat line.... not impressed. The new Joe VAMP and Cobra VTOL Dragon Fly was there as well.
 
Joined
Dec 13, 2005
Messages
1,892
Reaction score
0
Location
WNY
For those that don't know:
BORDERS has been going out of business for a while now. Picked the SW Year by Year for 50% ($25).
Five remain.

I think that's the only SW item/s they have left.
 
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
4,550
Reaction score
0
Location
Rochester, NY
Sithology_101 said:
For those that don't know:
BORDERS has been going out of business for a while now. Picked the SW Year by Year for 50% ($25).
Five remain.

I think that's the only SW item/s they have left.
Even at 50% off, anything they have left that I want can still be bought cheaper from Amazon.

That's why they're going out of business.

Before they announced that they were closing, I only went there when they e-mailed coupons. 40% off would make them competitive, sometimes.

I bought few books there last week, and at 50% off, they were finally at the same price as Amazon, or a few cents less.

Two books I was considering for myself - Star Wars Year by Year, and The Sounds of Star Wars, were both $10 or more higher than Amazon, even after the 50% off.

I did buy Star Wars Mad Libs for $.99, though.
 
Joined
Jul 15, 2003
Messages
3,721
Reaction score
1
Location
Upstate NY
I always wonder if Amazon is just waiting for the major B&M bookstores to go under & then they'll stop with the discounts. Now that Borders is gone, Barnes & Knobels is the only other major chain left. Probably just a matter of time. Once that's gone, BAM! up goes Amazon's prices. Why should they keep them low when they're the only store around.

One problem I always saw/see with Borders & Barnes is people treat it as a library. They go there & read in the store. Why buy when you can read it there. People are lazy slobs also. They leave stacks of books everywhere. Put them back!!! Employees shouldn't have to clean up after people like they are 2 year olds.
 
Joined
Apr 3, 2011
Messages
110
Reaction score
3
macross7 said:
I always wonder if Amazon is just waiting for the major B&M bookstores to go under & then they'll stop with the discounts. Now that Borders is gone, Barnes & Knobels is the only other major chain left. Probably just a matter of time. Once that's gone, BAM! up goes Amazon's prices. Why should they keep them low when they're the only store around.

One problem I always saw/see with Borders & Barnes is people treat it as a library. They go there & read in the store. Why buy when you can read it there. People are lazy slobs also. They leave stacks of books everywhere. Put them back!!! Employees shouldn't have to clean up after people like they are 2 year olds.
THANK you! I worked for Barnes and Noble for 2 years and, among other things, I was the head of the magazine department. People would literally throw magazines on the floor when they were done with them and quite a few people would just take naps in the chairs with an open book on their chest. It pissed me off so much that we couldn't say anything to them because "they might buy something".
 
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
4,550
Reaction score
0
Location
Rochester, NY
That's something I've said several times since they announced that they were closing. I'm a fan on Facebook, and every time they put up a notice about the discount increasing, there's a flood of people saying "I used to spend hours in the store, so sad you're closing."

Those people spent hours, but not dollars.

Barnes & Noble seems to encourage you to sit and not spend - they have many more chairs, and tables, and even let you read any book for one hour on your Nook.

I know people who go there to study, because it's quieter than the college library.
 
Joined
Nov 1, 2002
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
0
if anyone finds a Gammo guard, let me know. I'm looking for one.

BTW, oif anyone was interested, Skaar from MU was on the shelf in victor and isn't anymore)
 
Joined
Jan 7, 2001
Messages
10,697
Reaction score
0
Location
Rochester, New York
Just got back from a week at WDW. Star Tours 2.0 is lots of fun. The pre-show while waiting to board has lots of detail and both strikes the look and feel of the galaxy far far away.

Plus this time of year the lines are very light to almost nonexistent so we were able to see and do lots in our week there. My favorite ride was Toy Story Mania at Hollywood studios. The line queue thru Andy’s Room was fun to wait in and the ride itself really is something so unique due to the interactivity aspect of it. This of course was the longest line we did wait in but we did manage to get a Fast Pass for our 1st trip on it so that was cool!
 
Joined
Jan 7, 2001
Messages
10,697
Reaction score
0
Location
Rochester, New York
No problem. Glad you liked the tour despite the household repairs going on.

Thanks for the Rocket Firing Fett. Pretty neat.

And yeah Ms Knightly has the worst autograph signature known to collecting man.
 
Joined
Jan 7, 2001
Messages
10,697
Reaction score
0
Location
Rochester, New York
You stop collecting 3 3/4 figures and you get married?!

Congrats!
(How long was I in Carbon freeze for? I feel like I missed a bunch of stuff. Than again forum participation is way down so maybe I'm not hooked up with the off line information)
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
7,368
Reaction score
3
CaptainAlex said:
Just got back from a week at WDW. Star Tours 2.0 is lots of fun. The pre-show while waiting to board has lots of detail and both strikes the look and feel of the galaxy far far away.

Plus this time of year the lines are very light to almost nonexistent so we were able to see and do lots in our week there. My favorite ride was Toy Story Mania at Hollywood studios. The line queue thru Andy’s Room was fun to wait in and the ride itself really is something so unique due to the interactivity aspect of it. This of course was the longest line we did wait in but we did manage to get a Fast Pass for our 1st trip on it so that was cool!

I just got back from WDW too! We were there during the same time! What destination was your favorite?
 
Joined
Jul 6, 2000
Messages
10,175
Reaction score
0
Congrats Scott.

Hollywood Studios is my personal favorite Disney park, although we spent a lot of time in Epcot last month.

On the other hand, Magic Kingdom is also a favorite.
We are not big fans of Animal Kingdom.

All of that being said, we are done with WDW for awhile...
 
Joined
Nov 1, 2002
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
0
Congrats Scott.

Anyone know where I can find the new Gammo Guard? I'm in need of one.
 
Joined
Jul 6, 2000
Messages
10,175
Reaction score
0
The_LingSter said:
Congrats Scott.

Anyone know where I can find the new Gammo Guard? I'm in need of one.
What's a Gamm Guard?


Seriously, try eBay?

Or wait 6 months when the wave hits again and no one else is trying to get this insanely in-demand figure.
 
Joined
Nov 1, 2002
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
0
Gammo is easier to spell than Gammorean. And shorter. AND everyone seems to know what little Mr Piggy is anyways...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top