The Rochester Thread - 76

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
No sign of the Force Unleashed pack at TRU. They did have Masterpiece Rodimus Prime though!!! Skystrikers there as well.

Does anyone have a size comparison between this new Skystriker & the vintage one? I know it only seats one figure & the box doesn't look big enough to hold a vintage sized one. Did they shrink the mold or very good at packing?

Reaction score
I beleive it's the vintage one, just with removeable wing and such to compact it down. Since it was close to the right size.

Anyone going to try to take one and rebuild it so it "transforms"? I'd love to see someone try... and then paint it in a Starscream pattern.

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
not near as bad as the WOTC ones. the ties are great looking, no bendies...
The WOTC ones werent as flimsy bud.
I have a squadron of X-Wings on my desk that look better than that.

The Skystriker 30th is just a little different in scale to the original. I love my 3.

I dont need to paint one for starscream, it'll be here Monday.

Reaction score
Canadaguia WM had the Space Trooper SL wave. TJ Maxx across the street has the 25th GI Joe wave of Vehicles that included the firebat, trouble bubble and Vamp.

Reaction score
Batavia Target had the latest Vintage, snagged a Arc Commander for a local Tanker. No RFT's.

Batavia KMart had 4 B-Wings on the shelf this afternoon.

Nothing at Chili KMart or Target.
Took a long drive for some small wins but it was worth it overall to just get on the road for awhile.

Reaction score
No, this year was not for me to go. benny's young and finances are tight enough that spending $500 on a vacation for myself isn't a great idea. I hope to go next year, or the year after. I have to go in 2014... just because of the 40th of D&D.

Reaction score
Not sure if many know:

'Lightning Bear' Biker Scout/Stuntman passed away last month - June 13th.

Reaction score
So you were a fan?

He could never really prove he was involved in Star Wars in any kind of concrete manner from what I have read. Did he sign your poster?

Reaction score
In my best Jocasta Nu voice, "Just because it's on the Star Wars Wiki doesn't mean that it is true."

If you do a search for the thread about LB in the Autographs forum you'll see where some doubt his claims.

I have no opinion on the subject to be honest with you. But I do have an opinion on that 1:1 Bossk

Reaction score
What's wrong with the sleestak?

I'd have more of an issue with the custom Jaxxon in that pic.

Reaction score
Out of all the 1:1 it is the one I like the least. It just looks really off scale and the coloring doesn't seem to be right.

What say you man who lives in van by a river and collects hot wheels? If he was only still around to offer us his wisdom on such things.

Reaction score
LOL/

I think the paint is right on with his figure:

The realistic detail is just amazing and waking up every morn' to his toothy grin starts my day off right.....Bossks' awesomeness is second only to Fett.

In SW he does come off as more 'brownish'......that could be Hollywood lighting....??

I would like to get Fett next....followed by Vader...and eventually have the complete Empire scene of bounty hunters lining the entire wall in my bedroom......[sigh] that's what dreams are made of....

Reaction score
So they have Dengar, IG-88, Zuckuss & 4-LOM out in that line?

Greece TRU has the Thundercats line in. LOL at Snarf being packed with the Thundertank. Would have thought Panthro would have better pack-in. Don't mess with Snarf!!!

Looks like the whole buy elsewhere & return has happened at Target since they have Yoda, R5-D4, Gree & a few other that haven't shipped in months.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
Looks like the whole buy elsewhere & return has happened at Target since they have Yoda, R5-D4, Gree & a few other that haven't shipped in months.
Those three are all from the same wave (or at least case pack), so it could just be old stock.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
So they have Dengar, IG-88, Zuckuss & 4-LOM out in that line?
No. But they could really excel with an IG-88 (leds throughout
).

macross7 said:
Was that in Greece?
Hit Victor this morning and they had that same wave on the front of the pegs. Stock held back for endcap reset(s)?

Reaction score
That's too funny. My kids were playing Buckey O'Hare for the 1st time on my arcade cabinet tonight. I check out this thread and there is O'Hare. How about that for universal karma?!

Reaction score
Hey I've got the Williams Sonoma Star Wars Pancake sets with Darth Vader, Storm trooper, and Yoda head molds. Does anybody want them? I'll take 10 bucks or BO.

Reaction score
Was out driving today & stopped by the Victor Goodwill. Found a bag of figures. Vintage Greedo, Buck Rogers's Twiki, GIJoe Cobra Commander straight arm 1st version, a few Micronaughts & Fisher Price action figures. $1.99!!!

Reaction score
X-Force 3Pack and FF 3Pack
I hid another FF 3Pack if someone needs it. Its either a factory error or an undocumented variant.

Reaction score
Picked up regular Dr Strange and upside-down Scarlet Spider last night from Geneva Walmart. Left cyclops, apocalypse, and a falcon behind. They also had 3 Silver Samurai 2 packs, 2 FF 3packs and a pretty poorly painted Avengers pack. Thor's face was 3/4 Orange. Lol. Now looking for Hydra/Red Skull variants, XForce 3pack, and Astral Strange.
Oh-in case you guys didn't know yet, the Fire/Ice Cap/Skull pack is clearanced to $6.49, and it looks like the B1G1 MU sale cleared out all but the usual pegwarming guys. Don't forget Wal-mart ad matches Target ;-)

Reaction score
If anyone knows how, or can do plastic castings for me, I'd be greatly appreciated. I need to cast about 10 Death Star Gun Towers molded in 1/144 scale. I will pay for the costs involved. I'd do it myself, but and unfamilier with making molds and such that I don't want to destroy my one copy of the tower.

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
If anyone knows how, or can do plastic castings for me, I'd be greatly appreciated. I need to cast about 10 Death Star Gun Towers molded in 1/144 scale. I will pay for the costs involved. I'd do it myself, but and unfamilier with making molds and such that I don't want to destroy my one copy of the tower.
I used to make castings of Macross Valkyie heads back when I was making customs. Not that hard. There is a clay that you press what you want into it to make the mold. Then bake it to harden. Once you have the mold, there is a plasic called Sculpty or something that can bet put into the mold. Haven't done it in years & I was only molding heads so I don' tknow how well it would turn out using just 1 example. What size is 1/144 towers?

Reaction score
the scale of 1/144 is the size of the starships game. don't you have any of those minis? you did collect minis....

the tower stands about 3 inches tall and is one inch in width.

Reaction score
Ster:
yeah....they make quality parts/pieces for anything SW.......possibly custom requests (never hurts to ask)

....of course if you prefer:

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
the scale of 1/144 is the size of the starships game. don't you have any of those minis? you did collect minis....

the tower stands about 3 inches tall and is one inch in width.
Never got any of the starship minis.

Status
Not open for further replies.