The Rochester Thread - 76

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i've got a lot of toys to sell. Wish I had the free time to actually sit and sell it.

How does one go and get a booth for the show, and what does it cost?

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
i've got a lot of toys to sell. Wish I had the free time to actually sit and sell it.

How does one go and get a booth for the show, and what does it cost?
Call Yankee Clipper at the VG.

Reaction score
its like 45 or 35 bones a table.
There is nothing at Henrietta TRU except the Aqua Droid CW remnants, the Vintage Lando wave, and a crapload of dirty looks. Luckily Dresden popped in to kill the uncomfortableness and mock the situation.

I wonder if they are waiting to stock everything until my normal lunch shift is over. Just to be [censored].

Reaction score
Unless benny gives me greif, I shall be there. He'll be along for the ride.

Reaction score
Toys R Us has the Lando wave?

Why couldn't they have had it when I was there on Wednesday?

Of course, if they still have the $10.99 tag, I'm less interested.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
its like 45 or 35 bones a table.
There is nothing at Henrietta TRU except the Aqua Droid CW remnants, the Vintage Lando wave, and a crapload of dirty looks. Luckily Dresden popped in to kill the uncomfortableness and mock the situation.

I wonder if they are waiting to stock everything until my normal lunch shift is over. Just to be [censored].
Never seen the Lando wave in person. They are waiting to 'stock' for when the TRU Salpemployee can buy them.

Reaction score
Is anyone doing anything for Free Comic Book Day tomorrow, and if so, where?

Reaction score
Lepuscarnivorus said:
1000 thanks to Baltar and Sith_Biz for figures and beer.
and to Captain Alex for wearing a tie.
Good to see you guys.

Thanks, Aaron & Renee for the CW Nikto Guard!
Glad that you're all set with vintage wave 6.

Thanks, Mark for the CW Hostage Crisis battlepack!

Thanks, Alex for the Gary Carter autographed photo!

Reaction score
Alex - Dave - Mark......it is always a pleasure keeping company with you. Excellent scores by the way! You guys are GREAT!!!!

Until next time....

Reaction score
Good to see everyone at lunch on Friday.

Sithbiz wowed us with tales of Hot Wheels collecting. It was a grand time.

Saw Thor this evening. Good way to start the summer Blockbuster season. It started off a bit slow but found its stride about 30 minutes in.

Reaction score
does sithbiz want any older hot wheels? I've got some from my younger days (before the resurgence of starwars in 95) that I'm trying to off load. Including some new stuff that I've aquired that I don't want.

Reaction score
So how did people's free comic day go. They had a ton of stuff but really nothing I was interested in. I did see the Savage Opress comic. If I didn't also use the trip to pick up the comics saved for me at the store, it would have been a waste of time.

There was some local indepedent comic makers there. Some guy is a lawsuit waiting to happen since the characters he is using are just twists on copywrited comic page characters. Charlie Brown after the apocalypse is his theme. Messed up Garfield, Beatle Baily, Orphan Annie, Calvin & Hobbes, etc. I always hated the whole 'take some innocent character & give dark twist to it' theme some people use.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
So how did people's free comic day go. They had a ton of stuff but really nothing I was interested in. I did see the Savage Opress comic. If I didn't also use the trip to pick up the comics saved for me at the store, it would have been a waste of time.

There was some local indepedent comic makers there. Some guy is a lawsuit waiting to happen since the characters he is using are just twists on copywrited comic page characters. Charlie Brown after the apocalypse is his theme. Messed up Garfield, Beatle Baily, Orphan Annie, Calvin & Hobbes, etc. I always hated the whole 'take some innocent character & give dark twist to it' theme some people use.
Where was this? I know that comic...it's pretty cool.

Damn, I was stuck at home and I couldn't make it out for FCBD. I hope I can still track down those books!

Reaction score
Went to All Heroes Comics early this evening and got a bunch of the free comics. Super nice people who work there. Picked up a bunch of comics from the fifty cents boxes they had.

Reaction score
pohatu771 said:
You must learn their truck schedule padawan.
Then you will know when to strike.

Gentlemen, in honor of Toys R Scalped Brian, let us convene the gathering at or near the 501st Table at Village Gate at 11am. We can all get together and move to a better location depending on group size...possibly passing Brian by with the infamous Death Stare. I want you all to watch this video and study it carefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqtnU2faTc

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
pohatu771 said:
I've actually been trying not to go to stores specifically to look for toys lately, though the new 3-packs are very tempting.

Wednesday was a "Want to go to Toys R Us?" text message day, and the only appropriate answer is "I'll be there in ten minutes."

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
pohatu771 said:

Gentlemen, in honor of Toys R Scalped Brian, let us convene the gathering at or near the 501st Table at Village Gate at 11am. We can all get together and move to a better location depending on group size...possibly passing Brian by with the infamous Death Stare. I want you all to watch this video and study it carefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqtnU2faTc
Agreed. Sounds good see everyone there!

Reaction score
My son is graduating from Brockport this weekend, and I have family in town for that. I won't be able to go to the show, let along meet this weekend. Bummer.

have fun everyone!

Reaction score
tell your son to stop being so selfish! Tell him you're going to the toy show regardless of some little "grasduation" thing of somesort....

btw, Congrats to you and him!

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
Saw the new Target three packs tonight. Nothing special except the retro packaging.
Which Target? I'm thinking about picking up the villains set!

Reaction score
I want Heroes and Villains... I'm still undecided (but leaning towards "no") on Rebels.

Being away from this for so long, I don't have most of the figures being put into these packs. Heroes are all figures I need, Villains I need except for Vader, but it never hurts to have an extra Vader. I already have two out of three from the Rebels pack.

Reaction score
Nothing new at Gates WM this morning...just the same exact 10-12 TVC figures they have had for a long time now.

They did get a new shipment of Thor, although it looks to be the same exact 5 figures as usual. This line is destined for clearance, I tell you!

Reaction score
I was there last night and grabbed 2 Low Lights
crap for MU, crap for comic packs, and crap for SW.
I agree on the Thor which is gonna suck because the Warriors 3 and Loki were on my 'want' list.

Reaction score
Couldn't Hasbro have created one simple comic series wave for this line? Imagine...

- Kurse
- Thor in 80's battle armor (Walt Simonson)
- Beta Ray Bill
- Quicksand
- Ulik

Reaction score
Henrietta TRU Run complete.
There was circa 6-8 GIJoes on 3 pegs, 6 MU on 3 Pegs and 11 Spider-Man on 6 pegs. They also marked up the SW basic figs to 8.99 and the Vintage to 11.99

They're punishing consumers for P.O.S. employees.
Classic.

Reaction score
I was considering stopping at Toys R Us just now, too...

$11.99 is Times Square price. Henrietta is not Times Square. How can they justify $11.99 when the same things are under $9 just down the road?

Reaction score
Warsaw_Wonder said:
Couldn't Hasbro have created one simple comic series wave for this line? Imagine...

- Kurse
- Thor in 80's battle armor (Walt Simonson)
- Beta Ray Bill
- Quicksand
- Ulik
At least one of these is planned.

Reaction score
By the way, anyone who's looking for the new 3-packs, don't bother with Henrietta. They actually have some vintage stuff (mostly Wave 3 and 5), but no 3-packs. They could be in the back, waiting for the "official" Sunday release, but I didn't ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.