The Rochester Thread - 75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I finally got my own Ackbar at Henrietta Target today. All they have now is Ani/Vader. I got two Geonosis packs at $6.99. Just Mace and the white Jedi left.

Reaction score
Made a Victor trip this evening (for non-toy purposes), so I checked them all. I got an R5-D3 at Walmart (there was one more on the shelf). They had a few Yavin Hans, also. KMart and Target had nothing new. I would have bought a few 501st clones at Walmart, but they only had Clone Wars. I have to go to the airport on Wednesday, so I'll check Chili and Gates while I'm there.

I stopped in Batavia on my way home from Buffalo yesterday, and saw what's-his-name Nikto Jedi, but it's not high enough on my list to buy it.

If you're desperate for for a Weequay, Toyland in Eastview has one for $12.99.

Reaction score
pohatu771 said:

If you're desperate for for a Weequay, Toyland in Eastview has one for $12.99.

Need that one.....but at that price he can stay there.

Patience is a virtue of the sane.

Reaction score
What did you get from EE?! All these years and I've never ordered from them!

Reaction score
What did you get from EE?! All these years and I've never ordered from them!

Reaction score
I have seen a few postings on other sites about GI Joe findings at a store called Five Below and I see the only ones in the WNY area are in Rochester. Anyone been there lately, do they have any 25th joes at all. I may out that way soon and was thinking of stopping by them if there might be something worthwhile.
Mike

Reaction score
Five Below is going to be in the Marshalls/DSW/etc. plaza on Jefferson Road. I don't know when it's opening, but the sign is up by the road with a "Coming Soon" sign attached.

Reaction score
sounds like an interesting store. seems like everything will be 5 bucks or below...

Reaction score
That's exactly what things cost, according to the Wikipedia page. I'll be there when they open, before the rest of you pick over any possible Star Wars stuff.

I have a recurring dream about finding Slave Leia in Big Lots.

On a related note, how are things on the western front? I have to go to the airport tonight, so I figured I'd go to Chili and Gates while I'm out. Are those first-day Legacy figures still in Target?

Reaction score
There hasn't been anything new for Star Wars in quite some time at either store. Sad.

WM DID get some TVC wave 5 recently, if you are still looking for those. Nothing new for TCW in awhile.

Both stores have gotten in new MU waves recently...all variants are now gone as far as I can tell.

Reaction score
I need Luke and Gree from Wave 5. I already got a Stormtrooper and R5, and am holding off for the Saga Legends Stormtrooper for the rest of my army update.

[EDIT] That paid off. WalMart had A decent selection, including Luke and Gree. They had a few 212th Clones, but all with "off-white" helmets. I got a Shocktrooper while I was there.

They had a TAC AT-AP in stock, too.

I didn't do Chili, I ran out of time.

Reaction score
Henrietta WM has the CW Aqua Droid & the alien with the green T shaped head. No idea who else is in that wave. Those were new to me.

Also saw a HW/Matchbox scalper there talking to the toy manager. Saw him again up by the registers talking on his phone about he got Matchbox. Some to keep & some to sell.

Reaction score
Saw ROTJ Luke wave at a local Kmart but the cards weren't in the best shape and they ticketed them on the card stock and not on the plastic!

Reaction score
macross7 said:
Henrietta WM has the CW Aqua Droid & the alien with the green T shaped head. No idea who else is in that wave. Those were new to me.
I headed there today....no luck. I still need El-Les and Commander Wolffe.

I also hit TRU...man do they EVER get in anything NEW?

Reaction score
In case you don't know, there are 2 SW sections in Henrietta WM right now. Just past the SW aisle, there is an endcap next to the diecast car aisle.

Reaction score
El-Les was on the front of the peg (a few inches from the other figures) when I was there around 10:30 tonight... same one?

Reaction score
Not unless someone found it and put it on the peg. I hid it around 3:30pm. I guess its possible someone found it. I didn't do anything that creative for hiding beyond putting it behind some things.

Reaction score
saw the 4" GL figs. Really sucky figs. unless you're a kid. even then, not for the price tag.

Reaction score
Interesting about the GL figs....I will have to check those out. I think I am more likely to stick to the 6" Movie Masters line. the 4" line is meant for kids.

Reaction score
Those don't look too bad! I'll be checking them out for sure though!

Reaction score
Swivel neck and waist. Well, at least Hal does.

There are going to be a LOT of repacks & repaints in this line!

Reaction score
Back to the airport tonight, which means Gates Walmart for me.

I have high hopes - last week was actually kind of uplifting, with figures from every wave. Hopefully there will be a non-yellowed 212th Clone, or something from Waves 4 or 6.

Reaction score
Gates WM has TVC wave 5, for those who might still be looking for those. No new TCW.

They did have the MU giant figures...did.

Chili Target had nothing new...at all. Not for months now.

Reaction score
I'm calling it now
Boycott Henrietta Toys R Us.
TRU Brian just completely ripped off an entire new case of MU + the 2 Apocalypse's from a 2nd Case and the variants that were in the Revision case.

He pulled the boxes off of the carts in the back, looted them, and then put them back. They werent even out on the floor year.

I'm pissed.

Reaction score
btw I was lucky to grab a Gladiator, Cable, and a Cyclops
But to pull the cases off a cart that wasnt even out on the damn floor yet is reprehensible.

And I'm gonna do something about it.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
btw I was lucky to grab a Gladiator, Cable, and a Cyclops
But to pull the cases off a cart that wasn't even out on the damn floor yet is reprehensible.

And I'm gonna do something about it.
Unreal, here we go again!!

But at least glad that you didn't leave there empty handed

Reaction score
I would have rather walked out with everything possible, as a paying customer, and satisfied every Scummers specific needs so that we could all relax then just get my 3.

Its the same thing he did except I would be a legitimate customer and not a piece of [censored] scum of the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.