The Rochester Thread - 75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
0
rnbuda said:
Welcome back Biz! Good to know you don't collect those Hot Wheels!
Thanks Buda....If anyone ever sees me buy a Hot Wheel toy, please shoot me dead
 
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
0
Lepuscarnivorus said:
SITH_BIZ said:
CaptainAlex said:
I doubt Sithbiz is ever coming back here. I heard he quit collecting Star Wars and is all into Hot Wheels.
I have returned from the belly of the Sarlaac to dispel the rumor about me
That's a name I have not heard in a long time...
(Did you remember your password?
)
LOL - nope, no password issues (thankfully), more just life interfering....
 
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
0
vlad1138 said:
SITH_BIZ said:
CaptainAlex said:
I doubt Sithbiz is ever coming back here. I heard he quit collecting Star Wars and is all into Hot Wheels.
I have returned from the belly of the Sarlaac to dispel the rumor about me


NO, I am NOT a Hot Wheels collector (strike those words Alex!) and YES, I do collect Star Wars still....and YES, I love Martucellos, although sadly last time I have gone there was with you Alex!!

What's up everyone?

Good to see Baltar earlier today (thanks again dude!) and Wingnut tonight (sorry we didn't get a chance to talk til AFTER - LOL!!!).
Good to see you back on the boards. Glad those horrible rumors of van dwelling and Hot Wheels related man love were false.
Thanks Vlad....yeah, I'm HAPPY to dispel those nasty rumors! LOL


Someone mentioned a meet sometime...I'd be down for that if there is one....it has been WAY too long!
 
Joined
Jul 15, 2003
Messages
3,721
Reaction score
1
Location
Upstate NY
Anyone looking for a Defense of Hoth BP? This is the one with the turret. Found it on clearence way back but never opened it. Receipt is running out so it will likely be returned if nobody wants it.
$24
 
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
4,550
Reaction score
0
Location
Rochester, NY
I think I saw someone at Toys R Us in Henrietta a few months ago. I was with two of my friends, and one of them (a girl) insisted that we be friends.

I believe we both walked out with Battle Over Endor packs.
 
Joined
Dec 13, 2005
Messages
830
Reaction score
0
Location
Western New York
pohatu771 said:
How does Henrietta look lately? I haven't bothered in two weeks or so.
WalMart has Saga Legends falling of the pegs and a dozen Sandtroopers.
TRU has some remnants of vintage wave 1 and 2.
Target has a lone Vintage Vader.
Whole bunch of nothing.
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
7,368
Reaction score
3
Lepuscarnivorus said:
pohatu771 said:
How does Henrietta look lately? I haven't bothered in two weeks or so.
WalMart has Saga Legends falling of the pegs and a dozen Sandtroopers.
TRU has some remnants of vintage wave 1 and 2.
Target has a lone Vintage Vader.
Whole bunch of nothing.
Told you, boring.
 
Joined
Dec 13, 2005
Messages
1,892
Reaction score
0
Location
WNY
It was a real treat to meet up with you Mark ......
You truly are an ascended master of SW collecting!


Until next time....which should be pretty soon...eh?




*Do you think your friend would get me a GG discount??
jk
 
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
0
Sithology_101 said:
It was a real treat to meet up with you Mark ......
You truly are an ascended master of SW collecting!


Until next time....which should be pretty soon...eh?




*Do you think your friend would get me a GG discount??
jk
Good seeing you guys too! I'll keep ya posted when the goods come in
 
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
4,550
Reaction score
0
Location
Rochester, NY
Toy World (or whatever it's called) at Eastview has remnants of some newer stuff - AOTC Obi-Wan, AOTC Clones, Weequay, a few others.

Their prices are so high, they can't even sell incredibly hard to find figures. $11.99 for Vinage, $10.99 for SL/CW/TLC.
 
Joined
Jul 15, 2003
Messages
3,721
Reaction score
1
Location
Upstate NY
Found the Endor Capture Luke & Ceremony Han at Hen. Target yesterday. Except this Luke has handcuffs, is there any difference between Capture & the Jedi one a few months ago? Hasbro, if you're going to rehash the same figure, at least space them out 9 months.
 
Joined
Jul 6, 2000
Messages
10,175
Reaction score
0
macross7 said:
Found the Endor Capture Luke & Ceremony Han at Hen. Target yesterday. Except this Luke has handcuffs, is there any difference between Capture & the Jedi one a few months ago? Hasbro, if you're going to rehash the same figure, at least space them out 9 months.
Spoken like someone who doesn't follow the line...Hasbro is correcting a mistake on the cardback.
 
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
4,550
Reaction score
0
Location
Rochester, NY
macross7 said:
Found the Endor Capture Luke & Ceremony Han at Hen. Target yesterday. Except this Luke has handcuffs, is there any difference between Capture & the Jedi one a few months ago? Hasbro, if you're going to rehash the same figure, at least space them out 9 months.
"Jedi Knight" came with handcuffs too. They chose to put the figure on a true-vintage card rather than a card that actually shows the scene the figure is from.
 
Joined
Jul 15, 2003
Messages
3,721
Reaction score
1
Location
Upstate NY
Guess I consider Luke in the black outfit good for the whole movie. Grew up with the vintage one when nobody really cared if one figure represented that outfit no matter what tiny little changes were made through the movie. Collectors have gotten too picky in recent years. "But I can't display THAT Luke with the rancor, he didn't have a glove yet & the flap on the shirt is in the wrong position." Were people really complaining about it?
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
7,368
Reaction score
3
macross7 said:
Guess I consider Luke in the black outfit good for the whole movie. Grew up with the vintage one when nobody really cared if one figure represented that outfit no matter what tiny little changes were made through the movie. Collectors have gotten too picky in recent years. "But I can't display THAT Luke with the rancor, he didn't have a glove yet & the flap on the shirt is in the wrong position." Were people really complaining about it?
People complain to complain! It gets real heated in the Hasbro section here too!
 
Joined
Jul 6, 2000
Messages
10,175
Reaction score
0
macross7 said:
Guess I consider Luke in the black outfit good for the whole movie. Grew up with the vintage one when nobody really cared if one figure represented that outfit no matter what tiny little changes were made through the movie. Collectors have gotten too picky in recent years. "But I can't display THAT Luke with the rancor, he didn't have a glove yet & the flap on the shirt is in the wrong position." Were people really complaining about it?
My friend...you have NO IDEA! It's ridiculous.
Funny, but crazy.

shirt flaps, gloved hands, hair color, pegholes, how much silver is on the hilt, ankles...you name it!

Also, expect this Luke to ship AT LEAST 3 more times with small changes before all is said and done. Already, the ROTJ deleted scene Luke has been confirmed. Supposedly, it's this same figure with new acccessories. We should see it during SDCC.
 
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
4,550
Reaction score
0
Location
Rochester, NY
I found Yoda and a Stormtrooper in Henrietta Toys R Us today. Target had the single Anakin/Vader, and Wal Mart had two Endor soldiers and twenty ROTS Clones. There may have been a Sandtrooper there, too.
 
Joined
Jul 15, 2003
Messages
3,721
Reaction score
1
Location
Upstate NY
Hasbro should make an ENTIRE wave nothing but Jedi Luke varients.


Luke with cloak & hood up
Luke with cloak & hood down
Hologram Luke
Rancor pit Luke
Skiff Luke
Skiff Luke with shot hand
Dagobah Jedi Luke (maybe put dirt on his shoes)
Luke with removable Endor hat/poncho
Luke with lightning effects (glow in the dark teeth)

Probably more...
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
7,368
Reaction score
3
macross7 said:
Hasbro should make an ENTIRE wave nothing but Jedi Luke varients.


Luke with cloak & hood up
Luke with cloak & hood down
Hologram Luke
Rancor pit Luke
Skiff Luke
Skiff Luke with shot hand
Dagobah Jedi Luke (maybe put dirt on his shoes)
Luke with removable Endor hat/poncho
Luke with lightning effects (glow in the dark teeth)

Probably more...
Don't stop till you get enough!
 
Joined
Jul 6, 2000
Messages
10,175
Reaction score
0
Don't forget:

Luke with flap down after getting zapped
Luke with dark hair while on Death Star
Luke with Endor Poncho & helmet
Luke with Endor poncho but no helmet
Luke with shot hand and sandstorm protective gear
Luke with black suit and tan vest (Shadows of the Empire)
Luke with black suit and white tunic (Marvel Comics version!)

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top