The Rochester Thread - 74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
The current codes are something like 5 years old anyway... Scott's not been doing his duty and updating the codes. these are so old.....
Its a volunteer job and its been up for grabs for over a year and a half as I got bored doing it.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
Its a volunteer job and its been up for grabs for over a year and a half as I got bored doing it.
And no offense but due to recent trends, that list would be friggin huge if we included Kohls and the Discount chains now since they are getting good loot now too.

Reaction score
Baltar said:
Ok, so 2 sets of PoC figures to look out for...
Baltar and RW, its important to know that 1 Case will contain 2 Sets. There are only 4 figures in this set and they ship 8 to a case. They will be shipping 2x of each figure in the case.

So you'll get 2 SE, 2 Shocks, etc per case.

Reaction score
All caught up on ROTJ figs. At some point, Ackbar, Luke, R2 will be bought. Else. done.

Reaction score
rnbuda said:
Sithology_101 said:
Picked up the 9pk tonight * ......the package is HUUUUUGE!!!

Really......you can't miss it!

*oops....
- edit.
I heard theres a villains 9 pack down the road and I'll be waiting for that!

...Nice...the 'bad boy' package as well. It's going to be hard time finding room for both of them. It's amazing. I've never seen such a large package for such little figures.

Yes Dave ....still talking about SW.
But I'm........
ROTFLOL

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
Wingnut said:
And no offense but due to recent trends, that list would be friggin huge if we included Kohls and the Discount chains now since they are getting good loot now too.
I nominate John for the title: Code Bearer

$0.02

Reaction score
FTM-
Picked up the Battle of Orto Plutonia last week. It was the only one to be seen....haven't seen one since.

Reaction score
Sithology_101 said:
Wingnut said:
Wingnut said:
I nominate John for the title: Code Bearer
$0.02
He who complains gets the crown.
I think thats how I got it too.

Reaction score
I guess the question is: Are codes really necessary anymore? It doesn't seem like scalpers are going for Star Wars like they used to, if at all. Except for when items are just starting to show up, nothing has really been that hard to find SW related.

Reaction score
BTW...I found a TON of the Vintage 9-pack set at Henrietta last night. Most of the outer sleeves are crushed to some degree. Bummer for carded collectors.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
I guess the question is: Are codes really necessary anymore?
Only to keep cool figures like Thi-sen out of the hands of four year olds.

Macross7 said:
It doesn't seem like scalpers are going for Star Wars like they used to, if at all.
Neither are the collectors and fanatics no one has disposable income anymore.

Macross7 said:
Except for when items are just starting to show up, nothing has really been that hard to find SW related.
Not that anyone was looking for it... but did anyone here remember seeing the Birth of Vader or Desert Ambush
That last Wave of CW figures with Darth Sidious in it?

Buying secondary market for new toys sucks.
Buying from a brick and mortar store with a hottie behind the counter telling you about store credit and magazine subscriptions and how to pre-order Fraggle Rock the Movie is something to get you out of the house.
Buying from EE, HTS, BBTS or whomever is like shooting a frozen turkey sitting in your freezer. (Excluding exclusives)
Where's the thrill of the hunt?

The codes were like a fellow huntsman sounding the horn.

Reaction score
Lepuscarnivorus said:
The_LingSter said:
that is true.... things have been fairly easy to find...
Gamorrean Guard?
Give it 2 more weeks. I found Boba Fetts and Foil Fetts everywhere after the initial wave hit. Only thing I haven't found is a foil Darth Vader and I don't even go to stores or hunt that often.

Reaction score
Lepuscarnivorus said:
The_LingSter said:
Gamorrean Guard?
Is Canandaigua Wal-mart too far out of your way?
(Sorry, seriously asking, not being rude.)

Pretty sure that I saw a couple of cases there the other day.

Reaction score
so.. continuing the code talk..

Do we want new codes? do you want me to do the listing now? What stores need to be added to the list? etc. etc. Please let me know.

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:

Do we want new codes? do you want me to do the listing now? What stores need to be added to the list? etc. etc. Please let me know.
I'm good either way, and thanks for volunteering.

If you end up taking this over, please add a couple of newer Targets (ex: Chili, Batavia) that opened up since the list was last updated. Also Victor WM can be added.

And obviously, we can get rid of obsolete ones like KB & any K-Marts that shut down (ex: Irondequoit)

Reaction score
Chili, Batavia Targets
Victor WM

Do we want to add Kohls since they actually appear to get in decent stock even if its a bit more expensive most of the time? I dunno, that falls in the FYE category...

Reaction score
I'll show up. Haven't spent more than a few dollars there over the last few shows. I think I ended up spending $5 at the last show and it was for a MST3K dvd.

My oldest ends up spending more on stuff she wants.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
Chili, Batavia Targets
Victor WM

Do we want to add Kohls since they actually appear to get in decent stock even if its a bit more expensive most of the time? I dunno, that falls in the FYE category...
Or Sears, TJ Maxx, Marshalls?

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
I'll show up. Haven't spent more than a few dollars there over the last few shows. I think I ended up spending $5 at the last show and it was for a MST3K dvd.
I don't think I've been to the past 3 or so Village Gate shows. And I'm pretty sure I spent a total $3 during the last show I attended (LOL). If I don't have anything else going on that morning, then maybe I'll drop by for a little while.

Reaction score
Baltar said:
CaptainAlex said:
I don't think I've been to the past 3 or so Village Gate shows. And I'm pretty sure I spent a total $3 during the last show I attended (LOL). If I don't have anything else going on that morning, then maybe I'll drop by for a little while.
ditto.

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:

Once you do a master list it should be easy to update the codes hence forth......you could give everyone the list @ VGTS.

no pressure eh?

(jk)

Reaction score
rwsharpjr said:
Lepuscarnivorus said:
The_LingSter said:
Gamorrean Guard?
Is Canandaigua Wal-mart too far out of your way?
(Sorry, seriously asking, not being rude.)

Pretty sure that I saw a couple of cases there the other day.
Depends what it is for.
Store exclusives-possibly.
Mass retailer release probably not.
Like Buda said it's just a matter of time and saturation.
Day of the week, bills in the wallet and bills in the mailbox factor in there somewhere to.

Reaction score
At least you got a dvd for your $5, the RAT show charges you five bucks just to look at the tables.

Village Gate is the best free toy show in town.

Reaction score
GI Joe Renegade on The Hub channel is really good. I like it. Started last weekend.

Cobra is the "good guy" with secred world domination tendancies. the Joes are mostly renegades, for speaking out against Cobra and the rest of government.

It's good.

Reaction score
I was honestly more impressed with Transformers Prime.
The dialogue, plot, and animation have been better so far.

All I think of when I watch Renegades is Pika-Duke's hair and Roadblock getting turned into Fat Albert.

Status
Not open for further replies.