The Rochester Thread - 74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I actually like the new Luke. it's got the best articulation out there for him. Carded.. not worth it. open him up... worth it.

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
I actually like the new Luke. it's got the best articulation out there for him. Carded.. not worth it. open him up... worth it.
Agreed. Although we had a super articulated Bespin Luke not that long ago, this one has a much better head sculpt & improved articulation.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the Jabba figure at local WMs yet? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Smoba_Fett said:
Has anyone seen the Jabba figure at local WMs yet? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gates and Geneseo are still in the middle of a reset....(sheesh how long does it take these window lickers?) Anywho, they have the shelf tags and the Shelf break out shee there too,

Cool bit of triva, the Walmart home office can't spell. The sheet and the shelf tag say "Jabba'a Thrown" not Jabb'a Throne!!

My Guess is that they will be on most local walmarts by the weekend.

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the heads up on Boba Fett! I got him and Vader tonight at Henrietta Target. I saw about 10 Jodo Kasts at Greece WM yesterday for those who are looking...

Reaction score
rnbuda said:
Thanks guys for the heads up on Boba Fett! I got him and Vader tonight at Henrietta Target. I saw about 10 Jodo Kasts at Greece WM yesterday for those who are looking...
Great, glad you found him!

Reaction score
Damn I was half expecting their boxes to be marked with "Top Secret Property of Lucusfilm"

Reaction score
Smoba_Fett said:
I saw one in Brockport today. FYI... It is $10 less at TRU this week.
Awesome, I'm going there tomorrow. I have a WM gift card along with the TRU ad to price match it with.

Reaction score
rnbuda said:
Are you sure the Jodos werent at Greece KM?

Reaction score
Gates had 1 Jabba @ 5am this morning and Geneseo had 2 left at 6am. I thought he was going to be $34.88 not $38.88!

*just looked at the CV pics for hasbro booth. The ARP on the card for the Jabba set says $34.99. What is Walmart doing?

Reaction score
The 4-LOM/Zuckuss pack & Cammie/Fixer comic pack are up at HTS. 4-LOM/Zuckuss is only $15! For some reason, I thought it would be more.

Use COMIC2010 for 10% off.

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought $15 was very reasonable too

Went ahead & placed my order yesterday afternoon for both sets with the COMIC2010 discount

Reaction score
Hey guys & gals, i'll pay $3.00 for two identical figure arms shipped in a simple white envelope!!!
I waited too long to check back at my local Target for the 4-inch McFarlane - Prince of Persia figures to get even further reduced (under a dollar) and now they are all gone.
If someone spots one or two of the Prince Dastan (Gyllenhaal) figure with turban around his head & red neckerchief for under a dollar, could you pick them up? I only need 1 - 2 of his right arms for a custom. I don't need the package or whole figure, cloak, head or weapons. I don't need the clear orange arm exclusive version! PM me! Thanks

Reaction score
Loved CV! I thought it would be bigger but the size suited it well! I really enjoyed the main event (which I watched on youtube later) and the live Robot Chicken Panel! Bought a few prints and a few figures and almost a new hasbro FX but shipping would of been a hassle! I'm at Disney now but has a great time and so did Erika!

Reaction score
if anyone finds the WM exclusive Jabba... let me know. I'm looking for him....

Shelf tags are there but the store hand held scanner shows none in stock, and NONE on order.

Reaction score
Home from CV....I'm exhausted, my voice is totally shot, and I feel like I'm still hung over. I lost 8 lbs during the show, from all the running around and the lack of eating.

Saw some cool presentations, met some great people (not everyone I wanted to meet, but a lot...including some forum members!), and did a number of interviews that will be posted later.

They cancelled the Carrie Fisher panel on Sunday, and instead showed a recording of The Main Event...which I was able to see. Pretty neat.

I also got my sketch card return cards back, and I might have picked up a few freelance gigs, including one with Star Wars Insider which was announced during their panel.

VERY frustrating that I couldn't get online for more LIVE coverage, but there was an army of us attending, so we have a lot of great stuff coming over the next week or so.

All in all, this was my second-favorite celebration.

Reaction score
vlad1138 said:
4e and 6c had two as of yesterday morning if that helps.
4E had nothing Sunday...

6C had nothing at all today. Confirmed by a waste of gas and a little blinking light that says "low feul"

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
vlad1138 said:
4e and 6c had two as of yesterday morning if that helps.
4E had nothing Sunday...

6C had nothing at all today. Confirmed by a waste of gas and a little blinking light that says "low feul"
I found one on Sunday in Brockport. Unfortunately, the hunt was quite expensive for me as well. In my pursuit for Jabba, I wound up buying 3 more IPhones. Now my phone bill resembles a car payment. But I found Jabba. From now on I hunt alone, and leave the family home. LOL

Reaction score
Great news Dan, welcome back! I'm looking forward to your news. Here's hoping you got the correct scoop on Hasbro's jumbled Vintage wave release dates!

Reaction score
Macedon WM was crap today. not even a shelf tag for the exclusive Jabba.

GGRRRR...

Reaction score
Celebration was fantastic. Some of the collecting panels were a touch on the dry side and one was even a bit of Vintage snobbery going on but those were the only real critiques in programming. The Main Event was really interesting and I thought it would have been a few minutes longer if Carrier Fisher wasn’t all Anna Nicole Smith about it.

Had no problem getting the exclusives I wanted plus got a ton of free swag.

MadPerry got some fishing in so he was content with life.

Plenty of eye candy in the Sunshine state so that was a bonus.

We had a fantastic time hanging out with Aaron and Renee on Saturday night. Many laughs, some anger, a few tears and a bit of psychedelic surrealism was experienced.

Looking forward to NYCC and Celebration 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.