The Rochester Thread - 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I want to...I thought I was. But my wife does not think FL in Aug with 4 kids will be fun.

Reaction score
Anyone looking for Target's Weedge's X-Wing? I don't have room for it. All I want is Wedge/the droid/the ladders. Ship still in the box. $12.

Reaction score
6C got a new shipment of GIJoes. They got Desert Viper, CS SE, Ripcord in desrt camo. One of each on the pegs as of 5pm tonight.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what figures have the HK-50 head besides the Snowspeeder Luke? I've seen a repack wave that had other figures with HK's parts but didn't see the head)

Reaction score
New Comic paks spotted at 8B near me. Black hole & stormie, Exar Kun, Orange Ep3 clones. One each left.

Reaction score
Did the other Bespin Guard (alien) get released? Every one I ever see in the store is the African American one.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
Did the other Bespin Guard (alien) get released? Every one I ever see in the store is the African American one.
I keep looking and I have not seen it.

Reaction score
No you didn't...you saw the Sgt. Edian version. I saw it last night, and I believe Lingster bought it.

Alien Bespin Guard Utris M'Toc comes out with the EU wave, which is not scheduled to ship until May, and that will be a TRU exclusive, before switching over to online retailers.

Reaction score
I saw the Resurgence of the Jedi BP at 0C the other day. Didn't look that impressive to me but i know people in the Legacy section think it's the best BP ever.

Reaction score
Wal-Mart had their figures marked down to $6.00.
TRU had their figures 2/$11.
No new comic packs.

That Resurgence pack is the worst Batle Pack ever, or at least a close second to the Curly Bantha.
The Birth of Vader one looks good though.

Reaction score
vlad1138 said:
New Comic paks spotted at 8B near me. Black hole & stormie, Exar Kun, Orange Ep3 clones. One each left.

A very nice young man grabbed the last new CP for me from the stockroom.....T'RA SAA.

oh the spoils of summer wear.....

Thanks for the tip...Mike.

Reaction score
A woman I work with has a 5 or 6 year old nephew that was diagnosed with leukemia. He and his 2 brothers are huge Star Wars fan. They have the Star Wars coffee cups that are shaped like the helmets, and I think a few toys. He receives chemotherapy once a week, and some painful treatments. I was just told he qualifies for the make a wish foundation.

It is a huge emotional as well as financial burden for the family. My job just took up a collection, and my co-worker will be driving the check to the NY city area where he lives next week, the parents don’t know she is bringing a check or that a collection was even taken. My co-worker told me that she knows the mother will cry her eyes out when she sees the check. I don’t know the total of the money collected until Monday, but I HOPE it’s at least one thousand.

I want to do something for the little boy. I know how much it would’ve meant to me back in the 70’s if somebody would’ve given me Star Wars action figures. And I didn’t have cancer.

I have been out collecting Star Wars toys since my son was younger. A few years back I saw a large boxed set of Episode 3 action figures at Kay Bee toys. I would LOVE to be able to buy one of those sets to give her to deliver next week when she drives the check to the family.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY ONE OF THOSE LARGE BOXED SETS OF ACTION FIGURES?????? I need it ASAP since she is leaving next week.

Reaction score
I am also considering buying some of the plastic storage cases. (Sort of what you would use for fishing lures. Joann Fabrics sells them. My son used to use them for his Star Wars figures.) And filling them with Star Wars figures.

Not sure if it's a good idea giving him loose figures instead of packaged ones, but it would be nice to get a set together. That we he can get Yoda, R2, C3PO, Luke, Vader etc.

Does anybody have complete loose figures for sale? I don't have time for e-bay, since his Aunt is driving to see him next week.

Reaction score
I posted this on the RPF as well, and I have some people over there that are going to be mailing me some carded Star Wars figures to give to him. I also have one scummer so far that has contacted me that want's to donate some carded figures as well.

Because of this, it's looking like I won't get the figures in time to give to his aunt to take with her this week. So I'm going to get a box ready and combine all the donated carded figures and mail them out hopefully by next weekend, depending on if I received all the ones that are being shipped to me by then.

If any other scummers want to donate even ONE carded Star Wars figure to add to the box, please pm me, and I can come and get it, or you can drop it off at my apartment, or whatever. My apartment is next to Wegmans in Penfield, on the corner of 441/250. And I work in Victor.

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
PM sent. I have a few items you might be interested in.
Greatly appreciated. I have a box I'm getting together for her to take. I have to give it to her Thursday morning. And then I will mail any that don't make it in the box.

Reaction score
SirJediKnightTim said:
A woman I work with has a 5 or 6 year old nephew that was diagnosed with leukemia. He and his 2 brothers are huge Star Wars fan. They have the Star Wars coffee cups that are shaped like the helmets, and I think a few toys. He receives chemotherapy once a week, and some painful treatments. I was just told he qualifies for the make a wish foundation.

It is a huge emotional as well as financial burden for the family. My job just took up a collection, and my co-worker will be driving the check to the NY city area where he lives next week, the parents don’t know she is bringing a check or that a collection was even taken. My co-worker told me that she knows the mother will cry her eyes out when she sees the check. I don’t know the total of the money collected until Monday, but I HOPE it’s at least one thousand.

I want to do something for the little boy. I know how much it would’ve meant to me back in the 70’s if somebody would’ve given me Star Wars action figures. And I didn’t have cancer.

I have been out collecting Star Wars toys since my son was younger. A few years back I saw a large boxed set of Episode 3 action figures at Kay Bee toys. I would LOVE to be able to buy one of those sets to give her to deliver next week when she drives the check to the family.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY ONE OF THOSE LARGE BOXED SETS OF ACTION FIGURES?????? I need it ASAP since she is leaving next week.
If the family is interested in possibly arranging a visit from Star Wars characters, please have them email me at eventrequest@501st.com

~Doc_Bev

Reaction score
DocBev said:
SirJediKnightTim said:

If the family is interested in possibly arranging a visit from Star Wars characters, please have them email me at eventrequest@501st.com

~Doc_Bev
That would be cool!!! I'll give it a shot, they live in the NY City area.

I just want to thank Alex for his Star Wars toy donation today. I met him at Greece Ridge Mall.

One box is going with his aunt on the drive this Thursday. She is leaving Friday morning.

And I'm receiving some donated items from some RPF guys that mailed them to me. I will mail that box to the family next week.

I'm sure I will be posting a photo of Peter and his new Star Wars toys!!!

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank darth_myeek (Mike) from the RPF. This is what I received in the mail today for Peter from Mike.

I am just amazed at his kindness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The box will be going out tomorrow, with his aunt to NY city. And below is the picture of most of the other items. I was able to buy them from people from Rebelscum locally. (The Luke/Vader/Emperor was donated to Peter by Alex).

These below where donated today from a local guy from The_LingSter!!!!

Thank you everybody. I truly appreciate it, and I know he will go crazy when he sees these toys!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
SirJediKnightTim said:
Thank you everybody. I truly appreciate it, and I know he will go crazy when he sees these toys!!!!!!!!!!!
No problem and good to meet you, Tim!

Reaction score
A friend was moving to Texas & was getting rid of his old toys. For $20, I got:

Transformers:
5 of 6 Seacons with most of Pirahacon parts & smaller weapons
Trypticon's Full Tilt mini car

GIJoe (RAH)
Sky Raven (silver Night Raven) - complete
Cobra Hammerhead
Cobra Hurricane
FANG II
Cobra Condor
Skystorm X-Wing
Mudfighter (silver version)
Avalanche
Sky Hawk (Silver Skyhawk)
Sky SHARC (silver Sharc)
Cobra Ice Sabre (WTF is with the colors on this thing. Its like the guys assigned to it ran over Destro's dog & Destro assigned them to it knowing they'd be easy targets)
Bunch of figures (mostly the figures that came with the above vehicles)

Except for the Sky Raven, the rest are not complete (probably are 80%-90% complete) & are played with. Still can't go wrong for $20.

Reaction score
Although brief, good to see Lingster & Wingnut Saturday afternoon

And good to see Neal Sunday morning at 7D

Reaction score
Anyone need a Target TIE for $15? Sealed. I got one for $20 & one for $10 so split the difference. Local pickup only.

Reaction score
new WM comic packs are out. don't know if anyont knew or not.

I got the general weir and command set. IS the blackhole set supposed to be with this? I only saw the commando set and the ig97 set.

Reaction score
Picked the latest CP @ 7v:

Lieutenant/Trooper
Trooper/Commander

Hhmmm....thought someone reported these weren't coming out?????

Reaction score
Hey Guys I have a stupid question for you working in local businesses here!

I'm looking for a summer internship paid or unpaid but I would like it to be paid for college credit at RIT. I'm looking for one in business/marketing/sales.

If anyone could help me out that would be great!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.