The Rochester Thread - 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I got a stupid question! Ever since I've joined here and even before I realized Rebelscum had forums I looked to their photo archives as the best resource for pictures of Star Wars merchandise anywhere.

With that being said it seems that vintage and the higher end photo archives are lacking updates even though forum administrators have these items. Why are the archives lacking updates?

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
I wonder if there is going to be another IM after this movie...they're pulling every armor out except the hulkbuster.
They are doing the Hulkbuster armor... its in the later waves and is on CTR now. Iron 3 will be the Avengers movie. Captain American, Thor Ant Man all will be tide together with the Avengers movie if Disney doesn't F with the shooting plans or property titles.

Reaction score
rnbuda said:
I got a stupid question! Ever since I've joined here and even before I realized Rebelscum had forums I looked to their photo archives as the best resource for pictures of Star Wars merchandise anywhere.

With that being said it seems that vintage and the higher end photo archives are lacking updates even though forum administrators have these items. Why are the archives lacking updates?
2-part answer:

1- I don't collect the higher-end items, so I don't shoot them. I can't add what I don't have...if anyone is willing to loan me stuff we are missing, I'm happy to shoot them, but there's so much stuff coming, it's hard to keep up.

2- As for Vintage, Dave started updating that series way back in 2003, and never finished it. I added my own Vintage collection as "temporary" updates that were supposed to be placeholders until the real pages were shot. Again, that was in 2003...

However, Dave has been shooting a lot of the missing Vintage toys over the past few months, so that section will be getting a much-needed update.

No, it's not a stupid question...

Reaction score
Whenever I need to see what figure is in what line or what the character's package photo looks like or whatever, I go straight to the Scum & CTR photo archives.
I've said it before, i'll say it again. Curto's photos keep getting cooler! These two sites are the one's I visit 96% of the time when I want info and news.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
..if anyone is willing to loan me stuff we are missing, I'm happy to shoot them, but there's so much stuff coming, it's hard to keep up.
Speaking of...

How's the MINIS coming?

Reaction score
For vintage photos I like that Sansweet Star Wars Archive book that came out years ago. It's perfect for all the vintage stuff. It was especially helpful when I was buying reproduction weapons for my old vintage collection.

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
Mr Curto said:
..if anyone is willing to loan me stuff we are missing, I'm happy to shoot them, but there's so much stuff coming, it's hard to keep up.
Speaking of...

How's the MINIS coming?
What are MINIS? Weren't they cancelled?

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
rnbuda said:

2-part answer:

1- I don't collect the higher-end items, so I don't shoot them. I can't add what I don't have...if anyone is willing to loan me stuff we are missing, I'm happy to shoot them, but there's so much stuff coming, it's hard to keep up.

2- As for Vintage, Dave started updating that series way back in 2003, and never finished it. I added my own Vintage collection as "temporary" updates that were supposed to be placeholders until the real pages were shot. Again, that was in 2003...

However, Dave has been shooting a lot of the missing Vintage toys over the past few months, so that section will be getting a much-needed update.

No, it's not a stupid question...
Thanks Dan! I can't wait to see the updated Vintage photos when they are updated!

Reaction score
I am having terrible luck lately. I ordered a Stormtrooper Statue from Red Ford Films and I received a SANDTROOPER. Pretty annoying considering it took over 9 days to get from CA to NY

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
For vintage photos I like that Sansweet Star Wars Archive book that came out years ago. It's perfect for all the vintage stuff. It was especially helpful when I was buying reproduction weapons for my old vintage collection.
I completely agree with ALex...this is a great book.

There was a follow-up series of articles printed in the insider back in 2005 that wrapped up POTF2 and started on Episode I, and it's too bad they never made an updated series.

But for Vintage Star Wars stuff, I highly recommend this book.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
CaptainAlex said:
I completely agree with ALex...this is a great book.

There was a follow-up series of articles printed in the insider back in 2005 that wrapped up POTF2 and started on Episode I, and it's too bad they never made an updated series.

But for Vintage Star Wars stuff, I highly recommend this book.
Didn't you take the pictures for the SWI updates?

Reaction score
I only actually took 2 photos for the updates...but I co-wrote the article.

Vic Wertz and I worked on the Insider updates column. We completed 4 articles, but only three got published before the magazine changed publishers.

Reaction score
DocBev said:
macross7 said:
Picked up TF Animated Arcee today at TRU!! Finally, a car Arcee.
I haven't seen that one yet.

~Doc_Bev
<s>Congrats.....</s> oops, just misread that one...if you haven't seen it then I guess you don't have it yet.
It's been a long day....

...still scanning the Walmarts for the new CP's...to no avail.

Nice to have you as a FB friend!

Reaction score
Sithology_101 said:
DocBev said:
macross7 said:
Picked up TF Animated Arcee today at TRU!! Finally, a car Arcee.
I haven't seen that one yet.

~Doc_Bev
<s>Congrats.....</s> oops, just misread that one...if you haven't seen it then I guess you don't have it yet.
It's been a long day....

...still scanning the Walmarts for the new CP's...to no avail.

Nice to have you as a FB friend!
Try Hudson WM.

Reaction score
Hit the new Victor Walmart this morning. What a disappointment. Smaller store, ONLY 2 isles For the ENTIRE toy dept.??1 No Marvel, No DC, No Iron man figs at all. Nice and clean though.

Reaction score
thanks everyone. The newest Mini is an Ultra Rare. However, the value of this particular peice goes up when out of the "package".

If you feel the urge, check out my facebook page for pictures!

Just look for John Ling. (Scott and Dan have me as freinds)

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
If anyone is going top VG show this afternoon please shoot me a pm because I want to ask a favor. Thanks!
Too late, I'm already home. What did you need?

Reaction score
Yeah I was there earlier this morning. I wanted someone to ask the seller with the lifesize Episode I Yoda would he open to a lower offer or if he was firm on the $500.

I would never pay $500. Not even close.

Reaction score
Macross scored with a near mint Mauler from GIJoe Vintage and I got an 80%ish complete Slaughter Marauder Equalizer.

Reaction score
I went to the show with my kids and MadPerry. Continuing a streak of the last 2 years or so my kids end up with more stuff then me. The quality of the show was mixed and there were not as many sellers as the winter show.

The kids ended up with some Beannie Babies and Happy Meal Toys. I bought a dvd of a MST3K Episode. MadPerry laughed at everyone and bought nothing.

Reaction score
Found a bonus with the Mauler. I opened one of the engine covers & found a gun in there. I haven't looked in my guide to find what it is yet.

Reaction score
I went to the show yesterday...walked out with nothing. There was some cool stuff though.

Frustrating to try and look through the loose bins, and there are so many people that you can't even move.

At least downstairs...upstairs, this was not a problem.

I did see that giant Yoda....very cool

Reaction score
Had to go to Warsaw on Saturday for a wedding. Stopped by Walmart there & found the Snowtrooper Rex figure. 1st time I've seen that wave.

Reaction score
I went to the show with my father & nephew. I bought a DCUC BLack Adam for $12. My nephew got some Bakugon toys, a couple Lego figures, a free comic book and a free SW sticker from the Biker Scout.

The Lego figures were a rip-off, $5 for one and $ for the other. The guy was selling Lego sets minus the figures for store prices and then selling the Lego figures loose at jacked-up prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.