The Rochester Thread - 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Welcome to ol Ra Cha Cha. Are you loving the snow yet? If we ever have a meeting again you should come.

Reaction score
Welcome! Perhaps I'll see you sometime, I wander the area of Victor at times...

Reaction score
Welcome to the Rochester forums Jedi_Mansur.

Although this forum has seen better days it still has it's interesting moments.

A very nice collection. I think it's the 1st time I've seen an exclusive Luke focus.

Very nice.

Reaction score
Welcome, Greg! Glad to have you aboard. You have excellent taste.

Reaction score
I know this is the Rochester Forum, but is there anyone close to Utica or Syracuse.

Reaction score
Today was a bad day!

I received a Boba Fett Kotobukyia statue today from a forum member...and it came broken due to the fact he shipped it using plastic bags for protection! Now he doesn't want to refund me my money... ugh! So I opened a Paypal claim...we'll see...

But I ordered a new one online from a trusted comic book store and have a Stormtrooper coming tuesday! So two Kotos, pretty exciting!

Then my Sideshow Indiana Jones Idol was delayed today because I was unable to sign for the package even though a UPS truck never showed up because I was outside all day today waiting for the damn truck!

Then the Sabres lost again! I hate driving out there for lack luster loses!

Reaction score
Picked up TF Animated Arcee today at TRU!! Finally, a car Arcee.

Target has their Avatar stuff for 75% off.

Reaction score
Finally got my Indiana Jones Idol tonight! I love it even if it's not 100% screen accurate!

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
Whose the forum member who sold you the bad Boba?
Boba12Eric I got a refund finally. I'm putting the refund and an extra $20 to a new unopened Boba Fett Kotobukyia and I have a Stormtrooper from RedFord Films on it's way new unopened for $29.99

Reaction score
macross7 said:
Picked up TF Animated Arcee today at TRU!! Finally, a car Arcee.

Target has their Avatar stuff for 75% off.
People may have loved the movie...but I have never seen a toy from a movie be clearanced so fast and for so little.

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
The Star Trek toys got blown out pretty quick. Also Target does not screw around with its markdowns.
I got some of my cheapest stuff from Target, with out them I would not have bought those items.

Reaction score
Does anyone remember towards the end of the unleshed line (7 inch version) that they were released in those big tubes. How many were released? From what I can piece together there were:

Vader (x2 One was a Best Buy exclusive version)
Shadow Stormtrooper
Jedi Luke
General G
Fett (Target exclusive)

Am I missing any? Thanks.

Reaction score
I have hidden an IM Mark4, Mark5, and Inferno Armor at Gates Walmart.

There was a movie line War Machine...but I'm not that nice.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
I have hidden an IM Mark4, Mark5, and Inferno Armor at Gates Walmart.

There was a movie line War Machine...but I'm not that nice.
Nice to see I'm not the only one who hides stuff.

Reaction score
When I dont know if anyone needs them but knows they are the newer things and are popular, I hide, thats really the only time.

People who hide for sake of waiting for inevitable Clearance a few months out, if i find their stuff I buy it just to [censored] them off.

Reaction score
I will only hide items if I'm in the store with no money but know I will beable to buy them in a week. I have and always will take items and put it back on the rack cause I didnt have the money I thought I would. (having so many kids leaves you broke more than you want to be)

Reaction score
Jedi_Mansur said:
Hey everyone! I'm a long-time Scummer, but just recently moved to the Rochester area from the Sacramento, CA region. I was part of an AWESOME group of collectors back there, and hope to get to know some of you in the years to come. I live in the Victor area.
Welcome to the Rochester Thread!

And I'm sure you know this, a new Wal-Mart will soon be opening in Victor on Route 96.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
Really?
Where?
Go past Eastview Mall and right over the 490 intersection you can see it on your left and I believe there is a Kohls going up right next to it too.

Reaction score
<waves hand>

That's not the Wal-mart you're looking for.....

Stay outta my walmart!

Reaction score
Are there WalMart prostitutes or something that I'm not aware of?

If so. it makes me glad that I step foot in WalMart only a handful times a year for anything.

Reaction score
Quite possibly.
Was thinking more of the diners on the hill choking on their duck medallions when they see how the other half lives.

Not sure if they will have a view of the new Wal-mart or not but, the thought of seeing Cousin Eddie emptying the Winnebago's septic tanks while going for a dip makes me laugh.

Reaction score
What date does it open? Pretty far out of the way for me but might stop when I make trips to Utica.

Normally, a store opening is great for finding figures that are hard to find anywhere else. However, there really isn't anything out now that a new store will will have more than other stores.

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
That's not the Wal-mart you're looking for.....

Stay outta my walmart!
Lepuscarnivorus said:
The Woodcliff is going to have to raise their rates for entertainment .
CaptainAlex said:
Are there WalMart prostitutes or something that I'm not aware of?

If so. it makes me glad that I step foot in WalMart only a handful times a year for anything.
Ha ha ha

Reaction score
macross7 said:
What date does it open? Pretty far out of the way for me but might stop when I make trips to Utica.
I'm from Clinton and utica is my walmart. Stay outta there, it's hard enough just beating the kids to the new toys let alone Star Wars collectors. JK....but really.....dont let me catch you.

Reaction score
I wonder if there is going to be another IM after this movie...they're pulling every armor out except the hulkbuster.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
Grabbed War Machine from the IM2 figs at a local walmart tonight. Cheaper than Marvel U figures too..
Great figure! And yeah, I'm liking the $6.99 price tag on these.

So far I picked up War Machine, Iron Man (comic series), Crimson Dynamo & Iron Monger. Thinking of picking up a couple more, esp with them being on sale this week at TRU.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
I wonder if there is going to be another IM after this movie...they're pulling every armor out except the hulkbuster.
I thought that they were going to make an Avenger movie after Thor comes out in May 2011 and Captain America in July 2011...

Status
Not open for further replies.