The Rochester Thread - 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Sithology_101 said:
Got the (1979) video of Captian America II - Death Too Soon.....w/Christopher Lee. Have not thought about the Captain in a long time......

hahhaaa.....now there's some 70's ~awesomeness~

LEE RULES
No, thanks Im talking about this one.
Captain America

Reaction score
I've got it on Laser Disk somewhere. I liked it back then. Of course, I never followed Captin America comics so that probably helped.

Reaction score
vlad1138 said:
Sithology_101 said:
Got the (1979) video of Captian America II - Death Too Soon.....w/Christopher Lee. Have not thought about the Captain in a long time......

LEE RULES
Captain America
There use to be a collector on here by the name of DarthKat who had all of those movies and was always looking to trade them for something he wanted.

Sadly like most of the old time posters he threw himself off of top of the old Nich Tahos because collecting became just too much.

Reaction score
vlad1138 said:
Sithology_101 said:

LEE RULES
Captain America

I wasn't offering anything....it was just a little ramble. You wouldn't want this video unless you were a 'die hard' fan of Christopher Lee.....like A & I......

anyway....good luck.

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
vlad1138 said:
Sithology_101 said:

LEE RULES
Captain America
There use to be a collector on here by the name of DarthKat who had all of those movies and was always looking to trade them for something he wanted.

Sadly like most of the old time posters he threw himself off of top of the old Nich Tahos because collecting became just too much.
Yeah Alex, that is where I saw it the first time, but alas he has either dropped off the planet or moved to FLA. I know that it is horrible, but so is the FF movie from the same time. The script was better that the FF movie from a few years ago though.

Reaction score
So, I'm finally recovering from Toy Fair....did I miss anything?

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
So, I'm finally recovering from Toy Fair....did I miss anything?
ESB wave hit a few targets in teh area... The usual suspects are missing. Willorow is pegarming...

Reaction score
Anyone seen the CW AT-RT, Desert Skiff wave of vehicles this week? My Nephew's birthday is Friday.

Reaction score
vlad1138 said:
Anyone seen the CW AT-RT, Desert Skiff wave of vehicles this week? My Nephew's birthday is Friday.
Yes, I have seen them.

Reaction score
vlad1138 said:
Seen them too. Target and TRU.. dunno about Wm as I've not been in one in a bit.

BTW: Anyone seen the transformers AAT? I'm still looking for one brown one.

Reaction score
Smoba_Fett said:
Star Wars Lego minis are starting to appear in the Easter section in Target. The X-Wing is pretty nice.
These are not like the other minis we got a while back. Similar, yes. but not the same.

Reaction score
I saw them yesterday at Target also in the Utica area. They were in the Easter section.

Reaction score
vlad1138 said:
As of the 19th, 6c had a pair of the Desert Skiff's and Cody with his bike. At $15 a pop.
No sign of the AT-RT.
TRU had their exclusives (Speeder and STAP) at the $20 price point.

$5 for a TRU sticker is absurd.
Kudos to the Buffalo guy who beats me to the store that is five minutes away from my house.

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
Smoba_Fett said:
Star Wars Lego minis are starting to appear in the Easter section in Target. The X-Wing is pretty nice.
These are not like the other minis we got a while back. Similar, yes. but not the same.
They are different from the two that Target sold last year. I wish they would sell a set with a minifig, but then they would probably sell out in a day or two

Reaction score
Smoba_Fett said:
The_LingSter said:
Smoba_Fett said:
They are different from the two that Target sold last year. I wish they would sell a set with a minifig, but then they would probably sell out in a day or two
I was talking about the original ones. the ones in the clear plastic clamshells. The x-wing, ywing, TIE, vaders, falcon, bomber, star destroyer, MMT, gunship, etc. etc.

Reaction score
thanks to Neal for the shout out of where I could find that ATT for my MINIS game. It's a perfect fit! It's been glued together so it doesn't come apart and works beautifully. Now I need to get a 4 inch round base to glue it on.

Reaction score
Titanium small vehicle fans, Entertainment Earth posted a rehash assortment for April 2010. All mostly commons and no mention of the Outrider or Nebulon B Frigate.
I posted this news in the Titanium section!

Reaction score
I hope everyone is surviving the blizzard....drive carefully!

Reaction score
Grabbed War Machine from the IM2 figs at a local walmart tonight. Cheaper than Marvel U figures too..

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
Grabbed War Machine from the IM2 figs at a local walmart tonight. Cheaper than Marvel U figures too..
I saw them all at my ToysrUs here in Utica, not a bad set of toys.

Reaction score
Chili KMart had the IM2 figures. $9 or $10 each. The Crimson Dynamo guy remings me of Maximillion from Black Hole at a glance.

Reaction score
I have seen most of the IM2 figures in stores now, and they look great!

Another toy line has me hooked? Oh no!!

Reaction score
those MCDonalds toys are cheap and crappy. I got ONE just to see... and was proven right.

At least the last batch we had gotten had a motorized ATAT and a Yoda 8-ball....

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm a long-time Scummer, but just recently moved to the Rochester area from the Sacramento, CA region. I was part of an AWESOME group of collectors back there, and hope to get to know some of you in the years to come. I live in the Victor area.

While I used to be a "completist," I have had to scale back and just focus on ONE character. So, as you can see from my pics below, that one character is LUKE!

I have an assortment of Hasbro, Master Replicas, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, Kotobukiya, LEGO, and Official Pix items.

I don't do as much "hunting" as I once did, but I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for items that others might be on the look-out for.

Here are some pics from my collection . . . . we are renting our house so I take no responsibility for the carpet, paneling, and wallpaper! LOL!

Catch ya later!

Status
Not open for further replies.