The Rochester Thread - 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I don't think there are many diehards left. Most have died off, some deported and those who remain have become senile and easily confused.

Time stopped for them on May 19, 2005.

Seriously, I think the height of this group was right after Episode III, maybe even up to the release of the DVD. At that point the graph chart would show collecting fandom form many changing or dropping off all together.

Factor in we all got older and life changed for many of us (i.e. marriage, divorce, birth of child(ren), religious conversion, coming out of the closet or being incarcerated) plus there being no new movie to look forward to that it is understandable how this place has become a ghost town.

Collecting habots changed for many of us to, I think in 2005 we were all collecting about the same for the most part. It was mostly Hasbro. There was our link.

After 2005-2006 some people got out of collecting, some downsized/cahnged focus and a some kicked it up a notch. With the variation the conversations are harder to have because there was no common link.

Finally, with no new movies or a common bond to hold it together we started more to focus on personalities around here and well there have been times we’ve been complete [censored] to one another. It’s like anything or anywhere else where it’s not worth the time to hang out here anymore and to just move on to other areas where the annoyances are less annoying or not there at all.

There are time when there are signs of life here but it won't be like it was.

Reaction score
Check the Buffalo thread. Some Rochester people post there now. No idea or don't remember what happened that made them only post there.

Reaction score
I'm still here.
I heavily lurk on HissTank and post infrequently over there as my primary interests have gone back to my GIJoe roots but this will always be my local toy-hunting group as well as toy-hunting friends.

Reaction score
Anyone here a Gentle Giant PGM? I'm looking for the Jumbo 12" Stormtrooper and I'll pay but I'm not a Member nor did I go to SDCC. If anyone could help me out that'd be great!

Reaction score
rnbuda said:
Anyone here a Gentle Giant PGM? I'm looking for the Jumbo 12" Stormtrooper and I'll pay but I'm not a Member nor did I go to SDCC. If anyone could help me out that'd be great!
If you are not able to find anyone locally, I can help if you need it.

Reaction score
MadPerry said:
was just wondering if any of you diehards were going to celebration?
Not that I'd call myself a "diehard" (collector wise at least) but I'll definitely be at CV.

~Doc_Bev

Reaction score
DocBev said:
MadPerry said:
was just wondering if any of you diehards were going to celebration?
Not that I'd call myself a "diehard" (collector wise at least) but I'll definitely be at CV.

~Doc_Bev
collecting or not, you and darren would certainly be diehards in my book. maybe the captain and i will bump into you there.

i haven't purchased a star wars related item in several years, but i am looking forward to celebration...and the florida coast in the august heat. let there be many female only volleyball games!

Reaction score
I'm going to Celebration 5...wouldn't miss it.

I think the lack of activity here is directly related to a lack of product at retail. While Hasbro is still the big dog of Star Wars collectibles, there has been a few years of weird distribution going on, where there's just not much to collect because there's not much in stores.

Other companies are more direct-sales or online, so there's no local hunting involved.

I think we'll see more activity once the new toys start to hit en masse...instead of trickling in at random times like it is now.

But Alex is right, is won't ever be like it was.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
I'm going to Celebration 5...wouldn't miss it.

I think the lack of activity here is directly related to a lack of product at retail. While Hasbro is still the big dog of Star Wars collectibles, there has been a few years of weird distribution going on, where there's just not much to collect because there's not much in stores.

Other companies are more direct-sales or online, so there's no local hunting involved.

I think we'll see more activity once the new toys start to hit en masse...instead of trickling in at random times like it is now.

Agreed.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:

That happens sometimes. Friends come in and out of your life like busboys in a restaurant.

Reaction score
Speaking of CV I just got our tickets via UPS man today! Erika and I both got Lobot (ugh) for our adult Saturday tickets!

But I think we should all have a group meeting before CV too!

Reaction score
AT-ATs have been spotted in the area! AT-ATs have been spotted in the area!

Get the snowspeeders in the air! Ground Troops to the trenches!

Delay them as much as you can so we can escape Hoth!

Reaction score
And I got the single one at Greece TRU.
Went other places and I also grabbed PoC GIJoe Wave 1 and 'regular' Havok/Archangel s well. Grabbed the Ghost Hawk and the Doom Cycle.

Life was good to me.

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:

Where?

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
And I got the single one at Greece TRU.
Went other places and I also grabbed PoC GIJoe Wave 1 and 'regular' Havok/Archangel s well. Grabbed the Ghost Hawk and the Doom Cycle.

Life was good to me.
Where did you find Havok & Archangel?

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:

Yes indeed! Scored the AT-AT at 0P ($99.99), and there was still one remaining on the shelf as of this morning

Reaction score
Chili Target
Greece Target was very heavily stocked with the new stuff but I got there at 930 and there wasnt anything left as far as Archangel and Havok.

Greece TRU was the AT-AT spot. Chili Target was the Havok/Angel spot.

Reaction score
Wow
I got something before Rick did....I'm not sure how that feels....is this how you guys feel all the time? I need to try harder.
Heh. Just playing boss.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
Chili Target
Greece Target was very heavily stocked with the new stuff but I got there at 930 and there wasnt anything left as far as Archangel and Havok.

Greece TRU was the AT-AT spot. Chili Target was the Havok/Angel spot.
Thanks for the info & good scores with the AT-AT, and "regular" Archangel & Havok!

I picked up the Archangel & Havok variants earlier this week, but still looking for the regular versions.

Reaction score
I'm glad to see that the tradition Of new stuff hitting while I am on vacation continues.

Reaction score
I'll be back tomorrow and then I leave again on 8/11...

Happy hunting!

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
Wow
I got something before Rick did....I'm not sure how that feels....is this how you guys feel all the time? I need to try harder.
Heh. Just playing boss.
Don't worry, I won't let it happen again, lol.

Goos scores!

Reaction score
I spotted a BAT-AT this morning at Chili Target, as well as the entire TVC line (at least 2 o each figure), the TCW & SL lines (I have lost track of who is who...but it looked like almost all repacks?), the RC Hailfire Droid, Deluxe vehicles, and SW Transformers.

I also picked up the Wolverine head variant for MU...and I spotted the 4 MU 2-packs, along with a couple of Colossus and Juggernaut figures.

Reaction score
Does anyone have a carded POTF2 orange-saber figure I can shoot? I don't care what the figure is (although might be cool if it's Luke). I am working on something and I need a carded orange POTF2 figure.

The catch is I need to shoot it by Friday. If you can help me out, LMK! Thanks!

Reaction score
Found all the new vintage wave at a local Target along with Boba Fett's helmet and blaster along with AT-AT but passed on everything...

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
"The shield will be down in moments. You may start your landing."

Mea Culpa Lingy.
You are NOT a true fan if you can't remember THAT line....

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
Does anyone have a carded POTF2 orange-saber figure I can shoot? I don't care what the figure is (although might be cool if it's Luke). I am working on something and I need a carded orange POTF2 figure.

The catch is I need to shoot it by Friday. If you can help me out, LMK! Thanks!
I am all set with this now...huge thanks to macross7!

Reaction score
Was in 6c this morning, Grabbed the new Joe case off the pallet. The rest of the case is next to the current joes on the pegs. Happy hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.