The Rochester Thread - 72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Rochester Thread 72

You guys that are posting Turbo Tanks for $50 at Walmart, are they shelf warming or did you snag them. I checked most of The Walmarts here and found none. I am looking for one and I may be in Rochester Tuesday or Wednesday latest and would certainly love to pick one up at that price for my youngest. Thanks.

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
I might...I know I have plenty of loose POTF2 Stormtroopers, but I think I still have a carded green hologram POTF2 Fett in the garage.

I'll check tomorrow...
Sweet let me know! Thanks

Reaction score

Buffalo_MC said:
You guys that are posting Turbo Tanks for $50 at Walmart, are they shelf warming or did you snag them. I checked most of The Walmarts here and found none. I am looking for one and I may be in Rochester Tuesday or Wednesday latest and would certainly love to pick one up at that price for my youngest. Thanks.

PM sent.

Reaction score

Ive been noticing most stores in the Henrietta area no longer have titaniums and this makes me very sad. If anyone see's the Nebulon B frigate or Outrider could you let me know where? Thanks.

Reaction score

From the Empire Strikes Back Radio Drama:

Deck Officer: Is that drid malfunctioning?
Han: Not anymore than usual
Deck Officer: Then why are you holding your hand over his vocal swabs?
Han: He's got a cough.

The later:

Han: It's getting dark out there friend and cold, in case you didn't notice.
Deck Officer: I'm aware of that. I joined up with the rebels because I notice things.

Yea. hillarious.

Reaction score

Hey guys I've found my own POTF2 figures in the attic including my Boba Fett and Stormtrooper.

Has anyone seen the revised wave with the Stormtrooper? I'm also looking for the ROTS Darth Vader figure if anyone has an extra they'll be willing to sell loose or carded.

Thanks!

Reaction score

The_LingSter said:

The later:

Deck Officer: I'm aware of that. I joined up with the rebels because I notice things.

Yea. hillarious.
A word of advice, do not abuse alcohol and post on RS.

Reaction score

rnbuda said:
Hey guys I've found my own POTF2 figures in the attic including my Boba Fett and Stormtrooper.

Has anyone seen the revised wave with the Stormtrooper?
Hudson (city) and Geneseo Walmarts as of this morning.

Reaction score

jediblood said:
I'm not. I'm listening to the National Public Radio broadcast of Empire Strikes Back. That was a direct quote from the show.

Reaction score

While cruising around Rochester for work, found Zuckuss, 2 snowtroopers at Webster Walmart. Left behind another Zuckuss, luke snowspeeder, Willrow Hood, R2-X2.They were in a blue tray.
Didn't see any Turbo Tanks, but Brewser found one locally for me, but thanks to those who pm'd trying to help. I appreciate it.

Reaction score

The_LingSter said:
jediblood said:
I'm not. I'm listening to the National Public Radio broadcast of Empire Strikes Back. That was a direct quote from the show.
Please tell me you're not trashing Brian Daley's script, because for awhile, the man (and Alan Dean Foster) was the chief architect of EU. Daley died far too young, and left the EU in far less capable hands. He wrote terrific, quirky, spirited Star Wars dialogue. He had a better handle on the characters than just about anyone, and I often wonder how different the EU would be today if Mr. Daley was still with us. The Radio Drama is on a pedestal.

Reaction score

Hedji said:
The_LingSter said:
jediblood said:
Please tell me you're not trashing Brian Daley's script, because for awhile, the man (and Alan Dean Foster) was the chief architect of EU. Daley died far too young, and left the EU in far less capable hands. He wrote terrific, quirky, spirited Star Wars dialogue. He had a better handle on the characters than just about anyone, and I often wonder how different the EU would be today if Mr. Daley was still with us. The Radio Drama is on a pedestal.
Not trashing it. I love the script and the show. Just found it utterly hilarious with those two lines.

I also wish ROTJ wasn't just 3 hours long. it seems like when that movie came out the radio drama was not much more than the movie. SW was over 6 hours of cool stuff. ESB was 5. ROTJ should have been 4 at least, but it wasn't.

Reaction score

Wasn't the ROTJ one not done until recently? The other two were made close to the when the movie came out. Not that that would influence how long it was but it sort of felt like they did it just to complete the trilogy & be done with it.

What I liked about the ANH one was all the extra scenes they put in. I don't think the movie scenes started until ep 2. Ep1 had Luke & friends & Leia stealing the plans. For ROTJ, they could have added extra scenes or even taken some EU into account to expand it.

Reaction score

Yes, the Jedi radio drama was completed in 1996, but didn't feature Hamill as Luke Skywalker.
I guess that's why I never bothered to listen to that one!

Reaction score

Plus, they had another guy play Lando instead of Billy Dee.... That's just wrong.

Jedi was produced under entirely different circumstances, and lacked the running time, as well as the polish of the other two. Plus, Anthony Daniels completely phoned in his performance in Jedi. It is still a lot of fun, but not quite up to par with the others.

Star Wars and Empire are solid gold though.

Reaction score

Hedji said:
Star Wars and Empire are solid gold though.
"You are quite a paradox Captain Solo, you prize above everthing else the cardinal freedom of star travel yet you are held back from it, by something as trifiling as money..."

It's more Star Wars then "A New Hope".

Reaction score

So I'm watching Harrison Ford on David Letterman and noticed he now sports an earring...?? When did that happen!!??

Reaction score

Sithology_101 said:
So I'm watching Harrison Ford on David Letterman and noticed he now sports an earring...?? When did that happen!!??
For awhile man! He doesn't wear it in any movies that I've seen.

Reaction score

Sithology_101 said:
About 20 years ago. Was convinced to get one by Ed Bradly (From 60 minutes) and Jimmy Buffett.

Reaction score

CaptainAlex said:
Sithology_101 said:
About 20 years ago. Was convinced to get one by Ed Bradly (From 60 minutes) and Jimmy Buffett.
Now I have that ~Twilight Zone~ feeling and wonder if all the times I've seen him on TV and such I have always seen him from the right.....?? I swear I never noticed it before..

wow.

Reaction score

Hey guys, are there any comic book stores in Rochester that don't have rude employees and actually treat their customers nice?

Reaction score

The guy who runs the comic shop on St Paul in the city is pretty nice. He use to be located on East Main before he moved.

I stopped buying from the place at Village Gate years ago. The people behind the counter are [censored].

Reaction score

rnbuda said:
Hey guys, are there any comic book stores in Rochester that don't have rude employees and actually treat their customers nice?
Collector's Choice in Brockport, I've been going there for as long as I can remember.

Reaction score

CaptainAlex said:
The guy who runs the comic shop on St Paul in the city is pretty nice. He use to be located on East Main before he moved.

I stopped buying from the place at Village Gate years ago. The people behind the counter are [censored].
Comic Book Heaven ....yeah
the guy is really cool/nice.....and has mucho more than what you see down in his shop!!! Just ask. (oh..and be nice to Kitty while your there)

Worth a venture to the city.

Reaction score

I've never had a problem with Comics Etc. Always OK to me. They have the discounts which always helps when comics cost $4 an issue. I went to Comic Book Heaven a few times. The most I remember was he always had the door locked & it was cramped in there.

The people I did find rude were the ones at Empire Comics on Mt Hope. Went there a lot during college but hardly ever since.

Reaction score

jediblood said:
rnbuda said:
Collector's Choice in Brockport, I've been going there for as long as I can remember.
Fantastic guy. He was my Comic Book guy during College.

Reaction score

CaptainAlex said:

Depends on the guy. Some of them are Comic Book Guy on Roids and a few of them are decent. The owners a really nice guy as well. Great discounts on Minis too.

Reaction score

rnbuda said:
Empire Comics owner is very cool. Been frequenting his establishment for twenty-two plus years and don't mind paying the extra buck to drive out to Greece he usually has what I'm looking for.
If he doesn't I usually buy something due to how pleasant he is to talk to.
Comic Book Heaven Guy's new store is vast improvement on his previous local (like the hippies enter in back sign!) and owner is always pleasant.

Reaction score

The_LingSter said:

The later:

Yea. hillarious.
Anybody know any good sites to download the radio dramas or if you can buy them anywhere? I have not heard those in years and would like to give them a listen and I'm sure the kids would enjoy them as well.

Reaction score

rnbuda said:

Emipre comics is in Greece and in Henretta on Mt Hope.

Also, the place I frequent is Wonderland Comics, on Panorama Trail (off 441), accoss from the Tops is good.

Reaction score

Buffalo_MC said:
Anybody know any good sites to download the radio dramas or if you can buy them anywhere? I have not heard those in years and would like to give them a listen and I'm sure the kids would enjoy them as well.
I don't know of anyplace you can download them from, because that'd be Pirating.

However, Barnes and Noble, or Borders has them. You have to go to the websites and order them. They are quite expensive though.

ANH: $99
ESB: $50
ROJ: $30

I still rank ANH as my favorite. EBS is definitly second, though John Lithgow as Yoda struck me as funny. I just could not get past how funny he sounded.

I wish they could have done ROTJ shortly after the movie, not 13 years later. It would have been better, and probabally longer.

Reaction score

Buffalo_MC said:
I would be willing to loan out my set, if you just wanted to listen to them. Of course, I'd need to find it....

Reaction score

Thanks Guys! I'll have to try out Empire Comics out here in Greece during my search at fabric stores for Star Wars fabric!

Status
Not open for further replies.