The Rochester Thread - 72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Rochester Thread 72

The_LingSter said:
I someone around here collects the "Cars" stuff.

I found (and purchased) the Dinoco lightning McQueen with piston cup CHASE car.

If you want it, please let me know.
No one? I even found 3 more...

Reaction score

The_LingSter said:
The_LingSter said:
I someone around here collects the "Cars" stuff.

I found (and purchased) the Dinoco lightning McQueen with piston cup CHASE car.

If you want it, please let me know.
No one? I even found 3 more...
I got it about 6 months ago. Now if you had the Target Christmas Cars box set, then I would take it.

Reaction score

I found mine in Webster Target last night. Didn't see any others. They have the other NEST figs but they are just repaints. No new Voyagers there.

Reaction score

I've seen Dirge @ several Local Walmarts and Targets, also bumblebee with NEST logo

Reaction score

Who is Dirge? I keep thinking you guys are misspelling it.

Reaction score

A decepticon Jet from G1 Transformer's fame.

Reaction score

Pittsford TJ Max has a bunch of comic packs for $6.99. The ones I remember are: Clone/Quinlin Vox , Vader/Darth Tracia(?), Anakin/Durge, Darth Talon/Cade Skywalker, White Vader/Leia, & Dark Empire Palpatine/Luke.

Reaction score

The sound of a new "vintage" line priced at $7.99 sounds very interesting/tempting. I look forward to pictures...

Reaction score

Wingnut said:
Has anyone seen the new GIJoe Kamakura?
Yeah, about two weeks before christmas @ Geneseo and Hornell Walmarts. Nothing since

I did pick up Jawa and Leesub at walmart the other day. Then yesterday @ target I see the 2pack specials with both these figs for $8. I get then and take the package apart and return them to walmart and get $16.11 back-nice!

I did not know that they were 2packing the ANH wave!

Reaction score

rnbuda said:
The sound of a new "vintage" line priced at $7.99 sounds very interesting/tempting. I look forward to pictures...
Most figures have Vintage-style articulation now anyhow.

Reaction score

jediblood said:
Most figures have Vintage-style articulation now anyhow.
I think you mean "VOTC-style", but yeah....therein lies the problem.

Hasbro has been wanting to get the Vintage cardback look back again, because almost everyone loves it, but the VOTC/VTSC/VTAC pricepoint is a thing of the past. In 2004, it was very cool, because the basic line wasn't as nice. Add a clamshell case and a mailaway promotion, and you've got something special that you can charge a little extra for.

However...the basic figure line caught up to the quality of the VOTC/Evolutions figures.

Plus, some characters like R5-D4 and 4-LOM...they are as good as they are likely to get, so would you really release those again in a premium line, just to get the retro cardback?

Another idea was to bring it back and include PT and EU characters, which we used to see a lot back when I was running FFURG...

So, IF the rumors are true, then Hasbro would be doing something that a lot of fans have said they would support...a return to the classic card design, super-articulation, and featuring a variety of sources.

The Power of Star Wars.

Reaction score

The only downside of vintage style cards is I'd feel more compelled to buy them more figures than I would with the cards we've been getting.

Of course the BAD waves have had me getting some figures I would never have bought just to get the droid part. Looking at you, main characters, esp PT ones.

Reaction score

Those who appreciate/prefer the 'old school' Vintage will look forward to this line.....

The razzle-dazzle...CGI artwork...die-cut cardbacks are fine...for keeping that certain "cool" image..if that is what one needs.

I'll support true and classic over razzle-dazzle anyday.

Reaction score

macross7 said:
The only downside of vintage style cards is I'd feel more compelled to buy them more figures than I would with the cards we've been getting.

Of course the BAD waves have had me getting some figures I would never have bought just to get the droid part. Looking at you, main characters, esp PT ones.
I really don't want the pink girl. but I need the droid part. I don't want the PT stuff, but I do need the droid part.

Thanks to WALMART* and thier Blockbuster buys, I can get 2 for 1 and get the parts I need, and some extra!!!

*does not include Hudson WM

Reaction score

Click below for the live action's website. Not much there, except a countdown clock. It seems as if the clock counts down and the picutre in the background changes.

Space Battleship Yamato

Very cool shot today! (for the next 2 hours)

Reaction score

Sithology_101 said:
Those who appreciate/prefer the 'old school' Vintage will look forward to this line. The razzle-dazzle...CGI artwork...die-cut cardbacks are fine...for keeping that certain "cool" image.
I loved a lot of the TAC card character images, but a lot of the close-ups this year in the Legacy line frightened the hell out of me.
The Imperial Scanning Crew tech, Leesub and the Willrow Hood image are creepy. Jedi Luke is not even correct!
If Hasbro does use full on-set character photos in 2010 I wonder if they have good reference. The Cloud Car Pilot's cardback in the Kenner line was a prop photo
and other vintage Kenner images were heavily airbrushed to "expand" the image into a useable, printable format.
At least with the recent vintage line Hasbro cleaned up and sharpened most of the original images on the package fronts.
Some of the original Kenner choices were terrible to begin with, but back in the early reference days I guess they had an excuse.

Reaction score

The first really nice image I've found...

Doesn't show much, but it's a start. The trailer has a nice amount for a teaser trailer.

Reaction score

Picked up the Target Excl GI Joe Rescue Mission 4 pack (Snake Eyes/Duke/2 Vipers) today in Chili for $5. There are at least 2 left.

Reaction score

Henrietta Walmart is in the middle of a toy department reset as we speak (7am). That is all.

Reaction score

Cool pics have been posted of the Marvel Universe 2010 Iron Man and the 4th wave of Secret Wars Comic Packs over in the CoolToy Marvel Universe thread!

Reaction score

Hey anybody have these droid parts?

R4-D6
Head+Middle leg
Left + Right leg
R7-Z0
Head + Middle Leg
R4-J1
Body

Reaction score

In case you haven't seen the front page yet, here are the top 5 from the Fan's Coice Poll:

1. Balista Shan
2. Jocasta Nu
3. Darth Caedus
4. Darth Plagueis
5. Jaxxon

I think the top 4 are pretty lame. And, they better make Jaxxon!

Reaction score

ONLY Bastila Shan is confirmed at this point.

But yeah, I want a Jaxxon!!!

Reaction score

Store report

WALMART
Albion: Turbo Tank for $50
Geneseo: Octuppra Droid for $17, GIJOE Battle packs for $7.48, MU Giant paks for $13
Brockport: GIJoe Pit: $60
Canadaguia: nothing SW,MU Giant paks for $13

Reaction score

Store Report

WALMART

Henrietta: ESB Snowtrooper, Turbo Tank for $50

TARGET

Henrietta: GI Joe Rescue Exclusive for $4.98, GI Joe Snowmobile Set for $17.98, Tie-Fighter for $27.98, Battlepacks for $17.98, Blockbuster Packs torn apart and are being sold as single figure??

TOYSRUS

Henrietta: Full end cap of SW Science line - Dagobah Frog kit, Mustafar Volcano Kit, Optical Trooper Visor, Naboo Sea Creatures Tank......no Force Trainer.

OT: Looking for a nice microscope......600x or better

Reaction score

Greece Target has the TIE Fighters marked down to $19.98 and the exclusive battle packs (Ambush at Abregado and Assault on Ryloth) marked down to $12.98.

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
Greece Target has the TIE Fighters marked down to $19.98 and the exclusive battle packs (Ambush at Abregado and Assault on Ryloth) marked down to $12.98.
$20 for a Tie Fighter? I must not be dragged back into modern collecting...

Reaction score

As of noon, they still had a bunch of the exclusives left. The also had the TF exclusives & the GIJoe snowmobile excl also 50% off.

Reaction score

Does anyone have POTF2 Stormtrooper or Boba Fett for sale or know where I can get them around town for a reasonable price? It doesn't matter loose or carded as long as their complete.

Thanks!

Reaction score

Does anyone have POTF2 Stormtrooper or Boba Fett for sale or know where I can get them around town for a reasonable price? It doesn't matter loose or carded as long as their complete.

Thanks!

Reaction score

I might...I know I have plenty of loose POTF2 Stormtroopers, but I think I still have a carded green hologram POTF2 Fett in the garage.

I'll check tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.