The Rochester Thread - 71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Those figures look pretty nifty, but the BFG's take me out of it. Star Wars didn't have BFG's.

Reaction score
Hedji said:
Those figures look pretty nifty, but the BFG's take me out of it. Star Wars didn't have BFG's.
Ha ha. Although I'm a fan of the CW Clones, I don't really care for the BFG's either. A bit overkill.

Reaction score
For those that are keeping track: BD01, BD03, BD04, BD05, and BD12.

Note that the numbering is quite different on the new packaging, but I'm keeping the Photo Archive page the same as last year. It's very confusing!

These are all repacks, although Darth Maul and the Biker Scout are technically repaints, since there is a difference from the first release.

I did not open Maul, because I don't care about the difference with him (it's VERY similar to the Droid Factory version that was just released). I did open the Biker Scout though, since he's a great army builder figure.

I don't have Han Solo in Stormtrooper armor yet. When I find it, I will open it (another army builder figure).

Reaction score
Despite all the Biker Scouts I already have, I may cave in and get this repack version since the paint scheme is a bit different.

This morning 1X put out a case of the new vehicles (ex: Corporate Alliance Tank Droid, Asohka's Star Fighter)

Reaction score
Looks like that Biker Scout has some bling or he stole the WWF Heavy Weight belt. I say the story behind him is. He got a huge ego from his bling & rode around Endor thinking he was better than the rest. Unforunatily for him, Wicket also loves bling & killed biker guy to get it. Now Teebo has been eyeing Wicket's bling.....

Reaction score
Sithology_101 said:

Are you paying attention Mr. Biz ........
I can hear the car revin'up right now.

oh yeah, I'm totally bitter about all the repacks

Reaction score
Han and Luke Stormtrooper outfits are fine with me. More Stormies to add to my collection!

Reaction score
Just an FYI. Local Walmart had 5 Turbo Tanks and 8 Octptera droid boxes on the restock skids this morning at 5am. They were not putting them out, BUT they are in the store. Happy Hunting,

Reaction score
Stopped at Wal-Mart today....spotted the TPM wave, Under the Helmet assortment, Octuptarra Droid, and some other non-Star War toys that I need.

Marvel Legends BAFs are on clearance for $5.86 each...what's left anyway. Tempting...

Reaction score
Saw 4 Octuptarra Droids at a local Wal-Mart today as well, plus the CW Cad Bane wave. Didn't see any TPM figures though

Also, scored the 3 Wal-Mart exclusive Evolutions sets recently thanks to Neal! But still on the hunt for the new comic packs...

Reaction score
jediblood said:
I seem to be finding everything but what I'm really looking for...the new Comic Packs.
I've been doing the same thing. They arn't showing up. Some store are still clogged with the last 2 or (3) waves that they just put out in August. Very frustruating

Reaction score
vlad1138 said:
jediblood said:
I seem to be finding everything but what I'm really looking for...the new Comic Packs.
I've been doing the same thing. They arn't showing up. Some store are still clogged with the last 2 or (3) waves that they just put out in August. Very frustruating
Neal scored a set of those for Bill today, so there's hope afterall!

The hunt continues...

Reaction score

Walmart had an endcap full of both the Octo-bot (@ $35
) and the Rookie packs, no sign of new comics. Grabbed Maul from PM wave no others to be seen.
Did see the seven re-packs, also the Geonosis and Ambush BP's.
Target is having a sale of 17.99 for their mid-line vehicles.

Reaction score
Was down in Mt. Morris today & stopped by the Rite Aid. I was amazed to find 1998 POTF2 Ugnaughts! Two of them. Yes, figures from 11 years ago still on retail pegs. Of course they were almost $12.

Here is the Rebelscum pic of the same piggys.

Reaction score
picked up the new rebel evo set from wally world in greece. no sign of the other 2 sets. Also, the BAD 2-packs exclusive to wally were a no-show there. seems they just don't have them. All I saw was the maul 2-pack.

Reaction score
Yesterday on the way back to Rochester, I stopped by the Geneseo Walmart. They had a bunch of the exclusives. All the Evolution packs as well as the 2 packs for Clone wars: Yoda/someone & the 2 Clone pack that doesn't have Rex or Cody in it.

Reaction score
Guess I haven't been following some news. What is 'Clone Cash'? I see it mentioned in other threads. Is it that offer where people buy so much SW stuff they get coupons.

Reaction score
Henrietta Walmart got comic packs today.
Sad part is it is there stock room left overs from the last 3 waves of comic packs.
SO... you can write off this Wally world for aleast the rest of the month.

Reaction score
vlad1138 said:
Sad part is it is there stock room left overs from the last 3 waves of comic packs.
I alomost just drove to Henrietta before I finished reading this post.

Reaction score
jediblood said:
vlad1138 said:
Glad to save you the gas and a trip!

Reaction score
jediblood said:
vlad1138 said:
LOL, good thing you decided to finish reading the post!

Reaction score
vlad1138 said:
My local Wal-Mart put 2 cases of old comic packs out within the past couple of weeks.

Seems like this has been happening to Wal-marts across the country.

It was this particular assortment: <font color="blue">
2x Clone Emperor & Luke Skywalker
2x Commander Faie & Quinlan Vos
1x Anakin Skywalker & Durge
1x Darth Talon & Cade Skywalker
1x White Vader & Princess Leia
1x Grand Moff Trachta & Vader</font>

Reaction score
I saw this today in Henrietta. not much to get excited about in that whole town.

Status
Not open for further replies.