The Rochester Thread - 70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
jediblood said:
Smoba_Fett said:
If anyone still collects Cars, K-mart has about 10 or so exclusive cars. Most of them were still available this evening. 9 of them are race cars with rubber tires. Todd (Pizza Planet) was also available, as well as a chase Andretti. I don't know if they are also exclusive.
Also, I think I saw one with a 3 3/4 GI Joe action figure stuffed in the package.
I took my nephew to K-Mart this morning for the event. They also had Mini & Patty.
Oh no! I forgot all about that.
I had gotten an email from K-Mart even, but never made it over there. I'll have to head out after school and see if there's any left.

~Doc_Bev

Reaction score
I finally scanned one of the new, single packed 2-inch Unleashed figures at Wal-Mart and they rang up at $2.97 each.
I guess the big $5.24 sign above them needs to be changed from the previous hanging item!

Reaction score
Warsaw_Wonder said:
I finally scanned one of the new, single packed 2-inch Unleashed figures at Wal-Mart and they rang up at $2.97 each.
I guess the big $5.24 sign above them needs to be changed from the previous hanging item!
Ah ok, that sounds much better

Not that I plan to get any though. I stopped collecting the Unleashed Battlepack line a couple of years back.

Reaction score
I'm sure they'll be sought after in 15 or more years as a lot of collectors passed on these.
I myself won't drop $11.99 or more on the current assortments of the standard multi-packs!
25 years ago I would've went ape on the small Unleashed line because I always wanted "green army men" versions of SW characters.

Reaction score
Warsaw_Wonder said:
I'm sure they'll be sought after in 15 or more years as a lot of collectors passed on these.
I myself won't drop $11.99 or more on the current assortments of the standard multi-packs!
25 years ago I would've went ape on the small Unleashed line because I always wanted "green army men" versions of SW characters.
That's what Star Wars Minis are for!

Reaction score
Warsaw_Wonder said:
Yep, especially if they end up being short produced!

Warsaw_Wonder said:
Likewise, at that age I would have loved a Star Wars vs Army Men battle! I had a bunch of those army men myself, most were green and I also had a few that were other colors like red & yellow.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I remember my friend had a few metallic blue plastic army men. Very unique!
I used to see different shades of green and also gray ones.
But they were all the same 6-8 classic poses!

Reaction score
Warsaw_Wonder said:
Oh yeah, I remember my friend had a few metallic blue plastic army men. Very unique!
I used to see different shades of green and also gray ones.
But they were all the same 6-8 classic poses!
I remember the gray ones, I think I had a few of those too.

And yeah, it was cool how the green ones came in different shades.

Reaction score
A little something I've been working on the past few days...

Hasbro: Marvel Universe Exclusive Interview

Hasbro has hit onto something that has truly resonated with action figure fans this year with the debut of their Marvel Universe line, bringing the popular comic book super-heroes into the 3-3/4" scale the company is well-known for. Come join us as we sit down and deconstruct the line and discuss everything from character selection, cardback numbering, and even get an exclusive sneak peek into some big plans for the future of this line.

Reaction score
Curto .....your post, while definitely intriguing, sounds a little like a marketing representative.....
...new job??

Reaction score
Those Alice pictures look freaky. Was the White Queen in the Disney cartoon? I don't remember her. Burton sure loves to have Johnny Depp & Helena B Carter in his movies. Can't think of his last movie that didn't feaure at least one of the two.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
...... Was the White Queen in the Disney cartoon? I don't remember her.....
Disney will do that to ya....

Read ~Through The Looking Glass~......and all shall be revealed. (especially before seeing Burtons' version)

Reaction score
Someone (I think I know who it is) keeps texting me messages.

I don't have texting on my phone, and every time I get one, it costs me money.

So please stop! Just call me and leave a voice message, otherwise I'm sending you a bill.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:

So please stop! Just call me and leave a voice message, otherwise I'm sending you a bill.

Don't try to open the text and you shouldn't get charged for it.....
Doesn't it cost the person sending the text as well? What an idiot.

*64 will trace and record the # with any service (even land line)......three times within a 30 day period and you can call Frank to stop the harassment.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:

You think you know!
Now it will never end.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:

Sorry Buddy,
I thought it was pic text you couldnt get. I will take you off the distribution list.

Reaction score
Thanks man.

Helps to get my wife to stop yelling at me. Last thing I need right now is more bills.

Reaction score
Gates Walmart has Transformers ROTF deluxes for $9 & voyagers for $18. Picked up voyager Mixmaster, Fallen, & Megatron today.

Reaction score
Saw Transformers last night.

Only 2 gripes from a pretty good movie.

1. Too many robots. Not enough screen time for each.

2. Decepticons had 2 of several of the "constructicons" not sure how they explain that away.

Otherwise a good romp that I need to see in IMAX now. Prime is "life sized" in the forest battle scene.

Reaction score
over 24 hours later and nothng? wow.

Yesterday's news abotu the Storm Commando in the evolutions pack is awsome. However, I've had Storm Commandos for over 2 years now. They came out in the Alliance and Empire Boosters for the Star Wars Minis. Kinda nice to see a MINI become an action figure, instead of the other way around.

The Minis Storm Commando looks exactly like the action figure one coming out. Except that we've got green eyes.

Reaction score
0C had quite a few of the TESB wave today. Didn't really go out looking anyplace else. Stupid rail & hail!!!! made that impossible.

Reaction score
What hail? I was at the LPGA and saw nothing but some rain. couple claps of thunder some lightning, but no hail or high winds....

Reaction score
My son graduates from high school today!

I am so proud of him, but man..I cannot believe that the time is already here.

We'll be busy this weekend as family is coming in and we're having a party tomorrow to celebrate.

I am officially old!

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
What hail? I was at the LPGA and saw nothing but some rain. couple claps of thunder some lightning, but no hail or high winds....
My parents live about 15 miles from us......it can be stormin' out here and they will just get a little sprinkle or no rain at all??.......that's Rochester weather for ya.

Reaction score
Thank you's to Dave n Mark for the all knowing tips you both seem to constantly have....only two to aquire.

Rock on Dave!
Rock on Mark!

Shwing!

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
My son graduates from high school today!

I am so proud of him, but man..I cannot believe that the time is already here.

We'll be busy this weekend as family is coming in and we're having a party tomorrow to celebrate.

I am officially old!
Congratulations Dan !

Thanks Mark and Dave .

Reaction score
Sithology_101 said:
The_LingSter said:
My parents live about 15 miles from us......it can be stormin' out here and they will just get a little sprinkle or no rain at all??.......that's Rochester weather for ya.
Yep, for sure. Very spotty, hit or miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.