The Rochester Thread - 70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Will Hasbro make the HK as a single figure? instead of a BAD at some point? That is one awsome figure that I don't want to have to hunt down...

Reaction score
It is unfortunate that responsibilities impede the ability to gather more often.
Nice to see Alex yesterday, your ability to plough through St.Augistines 'City of God' yet not be able to suffer the Republic Commando series is a growth spurt not anxiously awaited for.

Dome show this weekend!
woo-hoo

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
Will Hasbro make the HK as a single figure? instead of a BAD at some point? That is one awsome figure that I don't want to have to hunt down...
That wouldn't be a bad idea since it's an awesome figure.

Even after building HK, if he were released on a single card down the road, then I'd get him again (especially if the paint job is different).

Reaction score
saw that too. no red hulk though.

why is it that every figure in the marvel univers that's human is all pretty much the same height? Except for hulk and thing, they're all the same height, no variance.

Also, did you spot Ms. Marvel there? She's looking TOO HOT TO HANDLE!

Reaction score
just found out there is a BACKLOG of toys in the back room in one particular store. Woman I talked to said there was a bunch of SW in there that can't go out because the pegs are still pretty full.

On a side note, I picked up Moon Knight and Red Hulk. I'm debating on keeping him for myself. He's pretty big.

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
Woman I talked to said there was a bunch of SW in there that can't go out because the pegs are still pretty full.
And you accepted that reasoning?

Reaction score
supposedly there's a ton of transformers too and the pegs are full of them as well.

Reaction score
Nothing to report at 2T, 9N, or 0F today....

0C has gotten the TESB wave. I spotted at least 2 of each figure this afternoon...all champagne parts, Hoth Trooper has the skirt.

LOTS of Saga Legends figures on the pegs. I predict they'll be there for a long time.

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
Also, did you spot Ms. Marvel there? She's looking TOO HOT TO HANDLE!
Oh, was she at 7V too? I didn't notice her. I've only seen her (both versions) twice so far.

heh heh (re: THTH)

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
On a side note, I picked up Moon Knight and Red Hulk. I'm debating on keeping him for myself. He's pretty big.
Good score!

Assuming you're referring to Red Hulk, I say keep him. Red Hulk is [censored] awesome!!!

Reaction score
If you didn't see her, look for the wal-mart special figure inside her package. hence the "too hot to handle" figure.

(someone bought her, stole the figure, replaced with a dollar sotre fig and returned)

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
If you didn't see her, look for the wal-mart special figure inside her package. hence the "too hot to handle" figure.

(someone bought her, stole the figure, replaced with a dollar sotre fig and returned)
Ah, I gotcha now!

Sounds like the infamous GI Joe figure swapper has struck again, this time with MU

Reaction score
I saw new, single packed 2-inch Unleashed figures in the blue/white packaging (Cody, Ventress, Shock Trooper, Gree, Yoda, Kit Fisto, etc) at Wal-Mart and the sign above them said $5.24 each!
I didn't scan one, but if that is the price, that's crazy!

Reaction score
Warsaw_Wonder said:
I saw new, single packed 2-inch Unleashed figures in the blue/white packaging (Cody, Shock Trooper, Yoda, etc) at Wal-Mart and the sign above them said $5.24 each!
I didn't scan one, but if that is the price, that's crazy!
WTF!!!

I stopped at 1X late morning, they had MU Union Jack, Hobgoblin & Blade. Also saw the DCUC Shazam wave.

Reaction score
Baltar said:
The_LingSter said:
Ah, I gotcha now!
Sounds like the infamous GI Joe figure swapper has struck again, this time with MU
And Wolverine Origins.
Spotted a Ms Marvel, Cyclops, and Iceman this afternoon at Henrietta Target all switched out for Corps figures. Nice work u ****** whoever you are.

Reaction score
if you only knew how many times I get asked about these kind of "original Hasbro variants" and how much are they worth....

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
And Wolverine Origins.
Spotted a Ms Marvel, Cyclops, and Iceman this afternoon at Henrietta Target all switched out for Corps figures. Nice work u ****** whoever you are.
What a [censored] [censored]!

Reaction score
yea, Iron Man looks really cool. Doesn't he? It's an exclusive variant! Buy it Quick! Sell it on ebay for 10,000 bucks!

Reaction score
If anyone still collects Cars, K-mart has about 10 or so exclusive cars. Most of them were still available this evening. 9 of them are race cars with rubber tires. Todd (Pizza Planet) was also available, as well as a chase Andretti. I don't know if they are also exclusive.
Also, I think I saw one with a 3 3/4 GI Joe action figure stuffed in the package.

Reaction score
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

And to all the moms who made us dads...thank you!

Reaction score
Smoba_Fett said:
If anyone still collects Cars, K-mart has about 10 or so exclusive cars. Most of them were still available this evening. 9 of them are race cars with rubber tires. Todd (Pizza Planet) was also available, as well as a chase Andretti. I don't know if they are also exclusive.
Also, I think I saw one with a 3 3/4 GI Joe action figure stuffed in the package.
I took my nephew to K-Mart this morning for the event. They also had Mini & Patty.

Reaction score
Found some fresh MU Wave 4 cases on the pegs and a side end-cap, and some new red packaged Saga Legends and one case of Legacy ESB wave at the Vestal, NY Wal-Mart at midnight!

Reaction score
Warsaw_Wonder said:
Found some fresh MU Wave 4 cases on the pegs and a side end-cap, and some new red packaged Saga Legends and one case of Legacy ESB wave at the Vestal, NY Wal-Mart at midnight!
Excellent, good score!

Which version of the Rebel Hoth Trooper, skirt or no skirt?

Reaction score
Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there! hope you are enjoying your day!!

Reaction score
Baltar, I didn't see the Hoth Trooper, but a Wally clerk I know there said it was the skirted version.
Just like the case they got there the week before!

Reaction score
Warsaw_Wonder said:
Baltar, I didn't see the Hoth Trooper, but a Wally clerk I know there said it was the skirted version.
Just like the case they got there the week before!
Ah, I see. I think the non-skirt version has mainly been showing up at Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.