The Rochester Thread - 69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Although, Dan's been known to check in with us from time to time to let us know how good he's feeling during certain festive occasions as well, so we may be doubly blessed!

Reaction score
Happy New Year, everybody! Now cue that miserable Aud Lang Syne music.

Reaction score
82jp said:
Although, Dan's been known to check in with us from time to time to let us know how good he's feeling during certain festive occasions as well, so we may be doubly blessed!
I plan to be in that festive mood tonight....so you never know!!

Reaction score
Thanks, Jason. I actually dislike New Years... It's how I mark time and feel another year older. Plus, it's the end of Christmas season, which I love.

Anybody have any predictions or resolutions for the New Year?

Reaction score
Hedji said:
Anybody have any predictions or resolutions for the New Year?
Someone on Rebelscum will complain that a figure isn't articulated enough. Someone will ask if Hasbro is releasing the Tonika sisters. A thread will be started on how Walmart or Target is dropping the Star Wars line due to either empty shelves or what an employee said. A comment will be posted saying store empoyees are stupid since they don't know everything possible about the SW line.

Move over Nostrodamus, I'll make the predictions that come true!

For resolutions, I will not smoke black-tar heroine. Of course, I've never smoked it before so it should be an easy resolution to keep.

Reaction score
82jp said:
Happy New Year everyone!! Be safe and get plastered at home!

Speaking of which, I'm especially looking forward to drunken posting by Aaron and Renee... always a holiday treat!

WEeesa getting plastered!

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
I finally saw the Sarlaac Pit battle pack at Target last night...and as if I needed any more reasons to NOT buy this set, the figures paint aps are HORRENDOUS!

Luke looked more bug-eyed than ever, Lando was actually a caucasian!!!, Han was ORANGE!!, and Weequay looks like he was painted with pastel watercolors....

Boba Fett looked fine, but I don't need ANY of these figures or the ship....and 62.99 is way too high a price for a Sarlacc Pit base that looks like it would break if I dropped it onto my bed.

Battle at the Sarlacc Pitt is the greayest toy Hasbro has ever produced in the history of toys and I proudly display it on my manlte.

It's flaws make it beautiful.

Does Mrs.Curto receive a warning before you begin your weird drop tests?

Reaction score
No drunken posts from me....I only had 3 beers and I ate a whole lobster and lots of chips & dips...we watched TV for a few hours and then I passed on out on the couch around 1:30....

Yeah, it's an exciting time in the ol' Curto household!

Reaction score
Resolutions:
People waiting 300+ days to finally make the effort to inspect their own flaws instead of everyones' around them....then at the end.... only then do they try to be a "better" person for the new year....
New Year = New me......Can't wait 'till next year when I'll be even better! What a strange and funny tradition.

Predictions:
Many will fail.

But on a optomistic note:
I enjoy all the holidays that keep my family home from work/school.

Reaction score
Hedji said:
.....Plus, it's the end of Christmas season, which I love.
Actually x-mas is based on yee ol' Pagan customs of protecting nature through the winter by bringing plants/trees inside and adorning them with trinkets to please the spirit. So you can keep xmas going...at least until the spring thaw.

Reaction score
My major resolution is what it is most years- to continue to try to live within my means and to not be so self-absorbed that I forget about the needs of others...

Cool to see Paul at Penfield Target today!

Reaction score
Good to see Neal, Dave, and Rick today, even if it was a short meet. Here's what I found on my toy run on the way home:

3F....nothing, which is odd, because the pegs are FULL of toys, just nothing I need.

5R....I scored 3 DCIH figures, 3 Saga Legends figures, and 1 tan variant Bail Organa. I will be "returning" these with older figures. Good thing I picked up some $3.99 DCIH figures!
(I am looking for Hush and Black Adam singles.)

TJ Maxx...they had the Marvel Legends BLOB wave for $5, some Indy Adventure Heroes sets ($3.99), and 2 vehicles ($12.99) Not the Jeep (Troop Car) though, which I still need.

6K...nothing new SW-wise, but they had the Marvel Legends figures (all but one). I couldn't check the price on them, because the stock ladies were blocking the figures. Batman Movie Masters are on clearance for $7 each....they had Jokers. Indy figures are 2-for-$6.

2T...it looks like they are starting to get clearance stuff ready...I think the exclusive vehicles will be marked down soon. Indy is already marked down, although I don't recall the price. It's more that WM though... I stashed a Hawkman DCIH set and a HEROES figure for later purchase. I did pick up a Battlestar Galactica Adama figure I didn't know was out, so that was pretty cool!

9N...nothing much. I saw the "UNAVAILABLE" sticker on the Super Friends Hawkman figure, and took a closer look at the sets. They are BOTH just repaints of the vehicles from last year, and the figures are not repainted at all. BAH!

Did I tell you guys a drunk driver knocked down out mailbox on New Year's Eve??? Oh yeah, fun times!!

Reaction score
7V has the GI Joe Mighty Muggs. Picked up Cobra Commander. Cool except his cape is too long! Longer than the figure itself so CC wants to faceplant. unless I prop him on his gun. Anyway to fix this or will I have to just trim some of his cape off?

Reaction score
macross7 said:
7V has the GI Joe Mighty Muggs. Picked up Cobra Commander. Cool except his cape is too long! Longer than the figure itself so CC wants to faceplant. unless I prop him on his gun. Anyway to fix this or will I have to just trim some of his cape off?
Have him always standing on the backs of others or at least a small soapbox, it is what his charcter demands.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
It's pretty much the same way with the Star Wars Muggs that have capes (Vader, Grievous, Lando, etc.). I've never had any of them fall over. You need to futz with the cape a bit.

Reaction score
Lepuscarnivorus said:
As of 5pm last night, 7v had the remnants of the newest SL wave-Luke,Tri-Droid,and Clones, did not see the Snowtrooper or Sandtrooper.
Speaking of new Saga Legends ... I picked up the black-pauldroned Sandtrooper at 8B this morning. They only had Saesee Tiin and the ROTS Clone Trooper remaining from the wave.

Also ... the Hudson Ave. Wal-Mart has their exclusive Comic Packs (Anakin Skywalker/Count Dooku, Lando Calrissian/Stormtrooper, Barc Trooper/Wookiee Warrior) and Droid Factory sets on clearance for $7 each. They have all of the Droid Factory sets except for Luke Skywalker/R2-D2.

I also saw the new Unleashed Battle Packs at numerous locations, if anyone is still collecting those. The new sets are:

Darth Maul/Obi-Wan Kenobi/Qui-Gon Jinn/Padme Amidala
Boba Fett/Bossk/IG-88/4-LOM
Shaak Ti/Aayla Secura/Agen Kolar/Plo Koon
Various BF II Clone Troopers

Reaction score
FORUM SNEAK PEEK!

Here's the toy line I'm most excited about in 2009...the MARVEL UNIVERSE!

Check out this sneak peek at our first figure, the SILVER SURFER!

Stay tuned....there's more to come!

Reaction score
Silver Surfer's got a nice little groin thrust going on there, doesn't he? I'd be confident myself if I were the herald for the "eater of worlds"...

Reaction score
Is that the 3 3/4 Marvel Action Figure line?
I noticed this weekend that the DC boxed 3packs have been enlarged..they're size compatible to GIJoes now..

Reaction score
9n appeared to have a full set of the new Joes (Resolute? Cobra Commander,Duke, Hawk, Firefly and others,sure would be nice if Hasbro put pics of all figs released on the back of their cards!
) around 8pm this evening.

Reaction score
Thanks to Baltar for meeting up with me last night and for the IJ figure he risked his life to get for me! Thanks man! Great seeing you!

Reaction score
Paul_B said:
Thanks to Baltar for meeting up with me last night and for the IJ figure he risked his life to get for me! Thanks man! Great seeing you!
Ha ha, no problem! And great to see yesterday evening, Paul!

Reaction score
I picked up the Force Unleashed 3-packs at Hudson Wal-Mart yesterday for $14.84 each, as well as a couple Indy figures for $3 each. There are still a handful of the TFU sets there. For you army builders out there, that brings the stormtroopers to about $7.50 each, when you consider the Vader and Palpy figures throwaways, which I do.

Reaction score
82jp said:
I picked up the Force Unleashed 3-packs at Hudson Wal-Mart yesterday for $14.84 each, as well as a couple Indy figures for $3 each. There are still a handful of the TFU sets there. For you army builders out there, that brings the stormtroopers to about $7.50 each, when you consider the Vader and Palpy figures throwaways, which I do.
I saw those sets there a few days ago. It would be nice if they actually went on clearance.

Reaction score
Neal said:
82jp said:
I saw those sets there a few days ago. It would be nice if they actually went on clearance.
Well, goes to show you how much I pay attention. They were in the clearance section, so I assumed they started out at $19.99 or some such. Oh well. When they first came out, for whatever reason the price didn't seem like a good deal. This time it did. I guess that's the important part. Maybe it's because basic figure prices have gone up in the meantime

You'd think that I'd know better, too, because it's not like it's the first time Wal-Mart's put stuff on "pretend clearance" and put it in the clearance aisle. I remember seeing those coin folders on "pretend clearance" for what seemed like years. I just got suckered, I guess
. Won't be the last time, I'm sure...

Reaction score
Sithology_101 said:
KB Toys @ Marketplace is closing.
Did you guys know that?
What's their discount at so far?
I was surprised to find a couple things I was looking for (non-SW) when I stopped in the Greece KB after Christmas. It looked so bare I didn't think I'd find anything of interest.

~Doc_Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.