The Rochester Thread - 69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
that they did. I grabbed a couple Space Troopers to finish my collection of them. I'm done with figure buying until the next great wave come's round...

Reaction score
I still haven't come across any space troopers, so if anybody sees any in henrietta or on the east side, please stash and let me know. Thanks!

Reaction score
0c had a bunch of the Wiosla & Spacetrooper wave yesterday. They also had the new comic packs (Wedge/Bothan) wave.

Reaction score
I picked up an extra Spacetrooper at 6C on the way home tonight. They had multiples of every figure from the wave.

Reaction score
Met Dan last night at Greece TRU. When we left, they still had a spacetrooper and several snowtroopers on the shelf.

Reaction score
This morning 1X had a couple of sets of the GI Joe wave with Matt Tracker, Zartan & Scarlet Pilot. Hadn't seen some of those in a while.

Reaction score
Some fun with photography!

No photoshop was used.

Reaction score
Warsaw_Wonder said:
No Photoshop? Hmmm, I need to catch up on the times.
Something in the camera?
First thing that I thought is a lightsaber(s) being held just outside of the camera's range & the blade's light is making the laser effect. A couple shots look like blade is in the shot.

Reaction score
Bingo! I just kept the shutter open and jabbed an FX saber into the shot a couple times.

Reaction score
When are they going to make a TIE to go with the Xwing? It's an awsome peice to be sure!

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
When are they going to make a TIE to go with the Xwing? It's an awsome peice to be sure!
No TIE has been announced. Since next year is the 30th Ann. of Empire, expect to see Slave I. After that, the TIE is the next biggest demand among the fans, so probably in 2011.

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a road trip to Buffalo to see Fanboys this weekend? That's the closest it's playing to Rochester so far....

Reaction score
Posted at MTV.com:

A live-action TV series set in the “Star Wars” cosmos has been an elusive, tantalizing prospect for years. News of the potential production first surfaced in 2005 while George Lucas was promoting “Revenge of the Sith.” Work on the “Clones Wars” animated feature film and Cartoon Network series, though, took creative precedence. In late 2007, Lucas revealed that he and his team were about to begin writing scripts for the live-action show. Now MTV News has learned that casting for the series is currently underway.

During the junket for the Nicolas Cage thriller “Knowing,” star Rose Byrne let slip that Team Lucas is casting a wide net for actors to join the show. “A lot of my friends have been auditioning for it,” she said.

According to Lucas, the show will focus on minor characters from the saga and be set in the time period between “Revenge of the Sith” (Episode III) and the original “Star Wars” (Episode IV). The action will follow the Rebel Alliance as it slowly gains strength against the Empire. There will be Stormtroopers, but no Jedi or Darth Vader will appear on screen. As he did with the “Clone Wars” series, Lucas will write and shoot an entire year’s worth of episodes before looking for a cable channel on which to air the series.

Thus, with casting just now moving forward, it looks to be quite some time before fans will be able to catch some live-action “Star Wars” on the small screen.

Reaction score
jediblood said:
There will be Stormtroopers, but no Jedi or Darth Vader will appear on screen.
Star Wars without lightsabers? Bah!

Reaction score
jediblood said:
but no Jedi or Darth Vader will appear on screen.
So maybe Vader-cam? Shots from Vader's view.
SCENE: A stormtrooper turns around and looks at the camera. (Vader's breathing is heard)

STORMTROOPER: "Sorry sir, I screwed that up".

He then begins to choke and drops to the floor. The camera then turns to another trooper.

VADER: "Sgt. get rid of this trash".

The guy almost craps himself in fear as he rushes to get rid of the body. Camera then begins moving down the hall.

Inner thought sounding Vader's voice
VADER: "They have better refilled the grape slushie machine or heads will roll"

FADE OUT.

Reaction score
Hedji said:
jediblood said:
There will be Stormtroopers, but no Jedi or Darth Vader will appear on screen.
Star Wars without lightsabers? Bah!
Seriously. There's a project that's doomed from the start.

And, Andy, was there much damage to the opposite wall in your basement when your x-wing was finished firing all those shots?

Reaction score
In other news, I finally got my Spacetrooper at 6k yesterday. I also picked up Deadpool- there was still another one on the pegs. That's a great looking figure! I passed on 2 versions of the Hulk, 2 Caps, Ronin, Spidey, Iron Man and a few others. There was also a handful of figures I hadn't yet seen from the Wolverine line (Gambit, tan/maroon Wolvie, Weapon x, etc.) but I passed on those as well. I actually found the character I was looking for (Black Panther) at 5r, as well as a copy of U2's new album, which is pretty good so far
(I'm halfway through it).

Reaction score
If anyone is fan of Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave), you will be disappointed with his new solo cd. For some reason, he decided to go Techno.
His new cd sucks!

Reaction score
jediblood said:
If anyone is fan of Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave), you will be disappointed with his new solo cd. For some reason, he decided to go Techno.
His new cd sucks!
Techno??? WTF!

I love 3 of Soundgarden's CDs (BadMotorFinger, SuperUnknown & Down on the Upside). I guess I'll just stick to listening to those

Reaction score
jediblood said:
His new cd sucks!
Thanks for the heads up- I was wondering. Not that I dislike techno, but if you're looking forward to one thing and from an artist it's another, it can be frustrating.

Reaction score
I just saw at starwarsshop.com that the Jedi-Con shadow troopers are now $9! It's a great price, but woe to us who paid $17... Ugh.

Reaction score
Continuing the celebration of the #1 movie, today's Photo Archive features the new figures from WATCHMEN.

Today features all of the figures from series 2, including variants:

Watchmen celebration continues at Cool Toy Review!

There's more Rorschach to some...eventually...

Reaction score
I picked up Bullseye and stealth Iron Man at 8b last night (right before closing) from a fresh case, so most of the rest of that first wave should still be there if anybody's still looking for them...

Reaction score
Grabbed Maverick, Deadpool, and Gambit from the Wolverine Origins yesterday and saw a good chunk of Comedian Watchmen figures at Henrietta TRU.

Reaction score
Grabbed the new SW comic sets & an extra SpaceTrooper this morning at 3T. Only 2 MU figs on the pegs, Ronin & Wolverine (black & grey outfit)

Reaction score
About an hour ago Toys r us in Greece seemed to had several full pegs of MU figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.