The Rochester Thread - 69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I went on my first toy run in what seems like forever last night/this morning. I am a bit behind on Star Wars toys, but I was also looking for other stuff as well. Here's what I found:

Yesterday morning...
5B: They have some Marvel Universe ($8.99 each) and only a handful of SW toys. Still pretty barren from Christmas, I guess
0C: Nothing new for SW, some more DCIH 3-packs, just none that I need.

Last night....
6C: I picked up 3 new comic packs, and I didn't see much else there. Maybe some new GIJoes, but I haven't been following that line closely lately.
7V: Looks like new Titanium Series vehicles, some new battle packs, a DCIH Luthor trooper set, and a SHS set I wanted. Too bad I spent too much money at the previous store first. But I can always go back.
2Q: Quite a few MU figures, but none that I need. Lots of SW stuff, and some "new" GIJoe 5-pack sets. Some cheap Indy stuff, but again, not the ones I need.

Today
5B: same as yesterday
2T: I opened the store, and saw all the local scalper dirtbags lining up and watched them all dash towards the cars section. Crazy. Also funny to see what they've added to the front display of the store. WTF?? I went to the figures section, and there were a lot of SW stuff, some MU stuff, and lots of DC. Plus, some Indy stuff on sale. Also...WATCHMEN! Nice!
9N: There were two crying kids in the same aisle, so that irritated me, but I did finally find something to buy: an SL Snowtrooper. There was some other stuff I wanted, but nothing I HAD to get right away.
0F: LOTS of new SW stuff (Titaniums, figures, vehicles), but nothing I needed. No MU, DC, and a handful of clearance IJ toys.

I'm going to hit 8I shortly...maybe I'll get lucky?

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
The wait is over....instead of a Flashback Friday feature (we'll get back to the Marvel's merry mutants in 2 weeks), today will feature the figures from the Comic Series of the new X-Men Origin: Wolverine toy line by Hasbro.

Stay tuned throughout the day for these guys!

Enjoy!

As usual excellent Photos, Curto!

Same goes for the Marvel Universe figures. The comparison shots with the ML Showdown counterparts are pretty cool.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Mark!

Thanks for your lead, because of it I impulsivly bought not only the other two Cantina patrons (for opening no less!) but eight SL figures (including a Red Clone Trooper Officer narroing the list to the lone Green trooper!
)
All this, after just coming home from Circuit City (60% off baby,yeah!
)wallet hemmoraging.
Time for drinkin'!

Reaction score
Lepuscarnivorus said:
Thanks a lot Mark!

Thanks for your lead, because of it I impulsivly bought not only the other two Cantina patrons (for opening no less!) but eight SL figures (including a Red Clone Trooper Officer narroing the list to the lone Green trooper!
)
All this, after just coming home from Circuit City (60% off baby,yeah!
)wallet hemmoraging.
Time for drinkin'!
Glad to help out Aaron!

Reaction score
I hit a few places late morning:

0C: Nothing of interest
6C: Picked up MU Green Goblin. Silver Surfer (x 2) & Spiderman (x 4) still on the pegs.
7V: CW AT-TE Assault Squad battlepack (x 1) on the shelf
7D: New SW Titaniums, GI Joe Scarlett Pilot, Cobra Para Viper & others, DCIH Atom

Reaction score
Saw some Marvel 3.75" inch figures in Hen. Walmart today. $9 each. What is the deal with Silver Surfer not having his surfboard? It's not like it is a huge thing. Makes the figure totally pointless without it. Might as well call him the Silver Hitchhiker.

Reaction score
Actually Silver Surfer does come with the surfboard. Did someone return one of those to the store with the surfboard missing?

Reaction score
Looks like someone stole it (who'd want just the surfboard? - Maybe somewhere in Rochester, a Wolverine figure is enjoying 'his' new surfboard. "Cowabunga, Bub!") or a factory mistake that didn't put it in. It didn't look like it had been opened. Guess I didn't look close enough to see if it had been opened. If it is still there the next time I go, I'll look closer.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
Looks like someone stole it (who'd want just the surfboard? - Maybe somewhere in Rochester, a Wolverine figure is enjoying 'his' new surfboard. "Cowabunga, Bub!") or a factory mistake that didn't put it in.
Yeah really, don't know why someone would just steal the surfboard!

Unless someone who had ML Showdown version (which is inferior to the MU version) wanted the cool surfboard to go with it?

Yeah, very well could have just been a factory blunder.

Reaction score
Andy, awesome X-WIng!

Aaron, thanks for the compliments on the MU figures...they are pretty cool!

Whitney, the MU Silver Surfer does in fact come with his board. Weird that you found one without it.

Rick, thanks for the trade!

Dave, thanks for the DIH tips all weekend. I didn't grab any, but it's good info to know they're hitting locally.

Bill, keep quiet, will ya? Sheesh!

John, LMK when you want to meet this week. Wednesday or Friday work best for me.

I guess that's it.....later folks!

Reaction score
the X-Wing looks GREAT Andy! fits in with all those other great pieces quite nicely!!!

Reaction score
Mr.Curto said:
Aaron, thanks for the compliments on the MU figures...they are pretty cool!
Hey Dave, Dan says thanks for the compliments on the Marvel figures.

Does anyone have an opinion on the best Spider-Man and or Fantastic Four figures to date?
May start grabbing "key" Marvel charcters to stand with the JL.

Andy awesome piece, the lights are great. Thought you were getting the Koto one, you didn't win this one did you?

Look Renee, no typqs!

Reaction score
Thanks guys. No Koto X-Wing for me, Aaron. After this purchase, the bank is broken.

Reaction score
oops....sorry about mixing up Dave and Aaron.....and you guys look NOTHING alike!!

So, on another topic....is anyone interested in going to see the Thursday midnight showing of Watchmen? I don't know how popular a movie it will be among this crowd, but I'm eager to see it, but I hate to go alone.

Also, some good news today for the Fanboys movie! It's coming to Buffalo and Albany!! Pretty soon, I'm sure it will hit Rochester!
Anyone interested in seeing this movie? I have missed it 5 times now...and I'm dying to see it!

Reaction score
Can't wait for fanboys to hit Rochester....

but if it doesn't... we've got Buffalo...

Reaction score
Hedji said:
Having the Falcon and X-Wing flyin' side by side is just...amazing!!
Very easy to picture the "DeathStar Explosion Scene" on the wall behind........very
!!

Congratulations Andy .

Reaction score
I will be going to Disney World again this summer. Assuming they still have sets by the time I go (July...and I'm guessing they will), I will be happy to pick up a set for anyone that pays me in advance.

BTW, I had a dentist appointment this morning, so I hit a few places in Henrietta. I picked up the Hoth Speeder Bike battle pack, the AT-TE Assault Squad battle pack, the Lex Luthor and Luthor Troopers DCIH 3-pack, and a few single DCIH figures (Batman, Joker, Alex Luthor, Black Lightning, and Spectre) I also spotted a single-carded Luthor, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Scarecrow, and Thanagarian.

Speaking of Wonder Woman, Best Buy is selling the DVD set with a DCIH figure that is a repaint with a new head sculpt ....for those that collect this line.

I also hit up Gates WM today, but I did not get anything there.

Just for fun:

Wolverine loves to fight with other toy lines!

German Soldiers!

Ninjas!

The Hulk and Wendigo!

The assembled G.I. Joe team!

Hours of fun! Just make sure you avoid the dreaded "domino effect"!!

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
BTW, I had a dentist appointment this morning, so I hit a few places in Henrietta. I picked up the Hoth Speeder Bike battle pack, the AT-TE Assault Squad battle pack, the Lex Luthor and Luthor Troopers DCIH 3-pack, and a few single DCIH figures (Batman, Joker, Alex Luthor, Black Lightning, and Spectre) I also spotted a single-carded Luthor, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Scarecrow, and Thanagarian.
Great scores with SW & DCIH!

Reaction score
that's what Real Stands are for...

Round clear bases with pegs that hold up your figs... then no domino effect.... unless you're trying to pose Grevious... who has no peg holes...

Reaction score
macross7 said:
Lepuscarnivorus said:
That's a pretty messed up pack. Especially from Disney!!
Nothing says a great Disney vacation like being able to buy Vader killing a bunch of kids. They should all have removable heads and arms.
It's actually based on the Jedi Training Academy that debuted at CBII and has been repeated at CBIV and at Star Wars weekends at Disney. It's not baswed on Order 66 I imagine.

Reaction score
History was made tonight. My 5 year old watched EMPIRE for the first time. She was really digging it and then everything went south storywise. She really had a hard time with THE scene. When Luke got his hand cut off she went "What's happening?!?!?!" It was if she couldn't accept that they were taking it where it was going. And when Vader reveals the big secret she just screamed "NOOOO!" It really unhinged her. Watching it through a little ones eyes is astounding.

Innocence lost... Lucas is evil.

Reaction score
To respond to Lingster's question way back when, Fanboys was pretty fun. Not Oscar material by any stretch, but good for lots of laughs (lowbrow ones in particular). If you're not a SW fan, you're probably not going to appreciate it much, but if you are (all of us, right?
) it's definitely worth the price of admission.
If you're still unconvinced, don't forget about Kristin Bell in a slave bikini... on the big screen. You don't want to miss that, do you?

Reaction score
In case anyone wants these badly, Entertainment Earth has the Indiana Jones TOD case assortment in stock again.

Just sucks that the case includes 6 peg warmers that can be found at Wal-Mart for $1 each.

Reaction score
Which Wal-Mart can you find $1 Indy figures? Because I have not yet seen them. I wouldn't mind getting a few extra army-builders at that price, but I'm sure they are all gone by now.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
Which Wal-Mart can you find $1 Indy figures? Because I have not yet seen them. I wouldn't mind getting a few extra army-builders at that price, but I'm sure they are all gone by now.
Batavia, Brockport, Henrietta. Not sure about the others. But I'm pretty sure they're all gone by now.

Reaction score
for that matter... what are you going to army build? Indy? or Mutt?

Your choice!

Reaction score
Hedji said:
History was made tonight. My 5 year old watched EMPIRE for the first time. She was really digging it and then everything went south storywise. She really had a hard time with THE scene. When Luke got his hand cut off she went "What's happening?!?!?!" It was if she couldn't accept that they were taking it where it was going. And when Vader reveals the big secret she just screamed "NOOOO!" It really unhinged her. Watching it through a little ones eyes is astounding.

Innocence lost... Lucas is evil.

Now she's ready for ROTLA!!

Reaction score
Just got back from Watchmen....A GREAT movie!

There are some differences from the comic, but what movie doesn't change things? Lots of action, a mystery plot, and even some nudity! What's not to love?

Can't wait to see it again this weekend.

Celebrating the much-anticipated release of the movie, today's Photo Archive features the new figures from WATCHMEN.

There will be a few additional updates throughout the day, possibly spilling over into the weekend....as Watchmen celebration continues here at Cool Toy Review!

Status
Not open for further replies.