The Rochester Thread - 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
82jp said:
Picked up Resolute Duke, Firefly, and Cobra Flint at Webster Target tonight. Left Blowtorch and a Para-Viper.
You picked up those three figures but you left behind Blowtorch and the Para-Viper?! The Para-Viper is easily one of the best figures in this line, if not one of the best action figures overall that Hasbro has produced this year. If you see it again, grab it. You won't be disappointed.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
What are Hound and Cyclonus' vehicle modes?
The same as their G1 toys. Hound is a jeep & Cyclonus is the plane/spaceship thing he was in G1.

Cyclonus includes his Targetmaster & Hound includes G1 Ravage, who turns into a cassette (which is reported to fit into G1 Soundwave's toy)

Reaction score
I hope this is ok - I am selling the following items (I can get as many as people need) and will be in Rochester the first week of Jan. As such, prices are delivered, and you would pay when we meet.

All items are SEALED.

FX Mace - $80
FX Maul (single) - $70
FX Maul (double) - $150
MR studio scale snowspeeder - $400

pm if interested.

Reaction score
I haven't had much time to shop lately, but I have noticed that Gates Wal-Mart had the BMF on sale for $99, if anyone is interested.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
I haven't had much time to shop lately, but I have noticed that Gates Wal-Mart had the BMF on sale for $99, if anyone is interested.
If you have the necessary codes, you can get the Falcon off of Kohls.com for around $75.

Reaction score
Thanks....it's been a long day so far, although we did have some yummy cake in the office.

The family is taking me out for dinner. I don't know where....it's a surprise!

Reaction score
Neal said:
82jp said:
Picked up Resolute Duke, Firefly, and Cobra Flint at Webster Target tonight. Left Blowtorch and a Para-Viper.
You picked up those three figures but you left behind Blowtorch and the Para-Viper?! The Para-Viper is easily one of the best figures in this line, if not one of the best action figures overall that Hasbro has produced this year. If you see it again, grab it. You won't be disappointed.
Aha! It's because I have it already!!

And I completely agree with your assessment- I would actually go so far as to say it's one of the best figures Hasbro has ever produced. I was so impressed, I even had to show it to Amy, and she doesn't give a rat's a** about GI Joe.
Blowtorch, however, was a little disappointing. I can't get his face mask to stay on very well.

Reaction score
Happy birthday, Dan!! We'll catch up to you eventually

Picked up Wraith and Bazooka Viper at Webster Target today- saw the newest wave of comic packs and same figures there that I left the other day.

I have to confess that even though I'm a much bigger SW fan than GI Joe, overall the Joe figures they've been putting out (except repaints, of course) have almost universally been exceptional in terms of sculpting and accessories. Way to go, Hasbro.

That said, however, am I the only one who totally broke the wires on Wraith's gauntlet trying to bend his damn arm? And I can't figure out how the hell he's supposed to hold that weird gun of his...

And, of course, being O/C like I am, now I'm going to have to get another Wraith.

Reaction score
82jp said:
That said, however, am I the only one who totally broke the wires on Wraith's gauntlet trying to bend his damn arm? And I can't figure out how the hell he's supposed to hold that weird gun of his...

And, of course, being O/C like I am, now I'm going to have to get another Wraith.
That sucks

I broke CZ-4's wrist while trying to turn it, and I had to get another one.

And that was despite Neal warning me of the known issue

Reaction score
82jp said:
I didn't pick up Wraith, but I've read of many collectors who have had problems with the gun and with breaking the wires.

Reaction score
Went out to dinner at Rick's Prime Rib. Got phone calls from my folks, my sister & nephew, my niece (the one who stole my birthday), and I got some cash and a new cell phone.

One of my co-workers got a cake in honor of the big day.

And I ended the day talking about Star Wars on the next roundtable podcast.....not a bad birthday, really.

Thanks for all the b-day wishes here.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
Went out to dinner at Rick's Prime Rib. Got phone calls from my folks, my sister & nephew, my niece (the one who stole my birthday), and I got some cash and a new cell phone.

One of my co-workers got a cake in honor of the big day.

And I ended the day talking about Star Wars on the next roundtable podcast.....not a bad birthday, really.

Thanks for all the b-day wishes here.
Happy Belated Birthday Dan.

Hopefully that Bluetooth of yours doesn't work with the new cell.

Reaction score
Stopped at 3T tonight, they put out another case of the GI wave with Blow Torch, Resolute Duke, Cobra Trooper, etc...There was also one Faie/Quilan Vos comic set, but no Dark Empire Luke/Emperor sets.

Good to see Jason earlier this evening

Reaction score
Everyone take care today.
We're being closed 5 hours early which is completely unheard of so this is going to be a hell of a storm.

Reaction score
Baltar said:
Yeah, it looks horrible out.
It depends on how you look at it. I was doing doughnuts in the Victor Target parking lot, so for me ... it's fun!

In all seriousness ... be careful out there. The plows can't keep up with the rate of snowfall, and the wind gusts are making visibility a b****.

Anyway ... it looks like KB stores are preparing for their approaching demise. Everything in the store is 40% - 50% off. The Eastview location didn't have much in the way of Star Wars, but I did pick up a few of the newer Joes for $5.39.

Reaction score
Neal said:
Anyway ... it looks like KB stores are preparing for their approaching demise. Everything in the store is 40% - 50% off. The Eastview location didn't have much in the way of Star Wars, but I did pick up a few of the newer Joes for $5.39.
Oh, I have been enjoying this sale...believe me.

Reaction score
Neal said:
It depends on how you look at it. I was doing doughnuts in the Victor Target parking lot, so for me ... it's fun!
Well, this evening I was doing doughnuts at Target myself. Thankfully not many people out on the roads.

Paul B & I both thank you for the tip

Reaction score
We closed down at 2:00 today, and I came home all set to get the snowblower and clear the driveway, then realized the stupid spark plug needed to be replaced. No biggie...a quick drive to get one and I was back in business...or so I thought.

I finally got the stupid thing to start up and I ripped the rope in half! So I ended up shoveling the damn driveway after all. Grrrr...

I hate winter.

BTW, thanks for the birthday wishes, belated and otherwise.

Also, good to have lunch with vlad the other day...have "fun" watching the Holiday Special on DVD! HAHAHA

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
We closed down at 2:00 today, and I came home all set to get the snowblower and clear the driveway, then realized the stupid spark plug needed to be replaced. No biggie...a quick drive to get one and I was back in business...or so I thought.

I finally got the stupid thing to start up and I ripped the rope in half! So I ended up shoveling the damn driveway after all. Grrrr...

I hate winter.
Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear

Hopefully you can get that fixed before the next snow fall

Reaction score
This morning at 6A I grabbed GI Joe Para Viper. They had a few of the new wave remaining including Para Viper & Flint. They also had the DC Classics Wonder Woman wave on the pegs, in case anyone is still looking for those.

Reaction score
Baltar said:
Hopefully you can get that fixed before the next snow fall
I have something even better....2 sons who can get off their lazy [censored] and start shoveling!

Reaction score
Baltar said:
Neal said:
Well, this evening I was doing doughnuts at Target myself. Thankfully not many people out on the roads.

A bit difficult to teach sled-dogs to do doughnuts, but just as much fun......and not even a year old yet!

Let it snow!

Reaction score
Just caught this off of Fark. Man that looks great! LEGO HOTH

My 5 year old and I are play Lego SW 2 together right no so this is right up our ally.

Status
Not open for further replies.