The Rochester Thread - 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
macross7 said:
So have the Target Ultimate Battlepacks shown up at all the local Targets? I know the Eastview one did. I've never seen any sign of them at any of the ones I've gone to (Henrietta the most frequented). Wonder if any more will show up. Won't buy one for $70 but I've wanted to see the Sarlac one in person.
I saw a Sarlaac Pit BP in the Greece Target last weekend.

Reaction score
A little late chiming in...
but it was good to see a bunch of Scummers at the VGTS last Sunday.
I was excited to pick up a Lion-O with Snarf for the son as his current fad (in addition to Transformers) is ThunderCats.

We got too much for him for Christmas once again and I think we're going to have to put some of it aside until his b-day in March. He's just too easy to buy for.

~Doc_Bev

Reaction score
Well, I thought I'd have a lot more catching up to do than this! I can't believe it's been over a month since I logged in... you guys haven't been so chatty lately.

Anyway, here's a summary of what I've been up to for anyone interested.

Had the ACL replacement surgery on Oct. 27 and was on drugs until that Saturday when I couldn't stand being in a daze anymore. I had to wear a full-length locking leg brace until the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Was on crutches for 2 1/2 weeks of the 4. I now have a mid-calf to mid-thigh brace that I have to wear only when I'm out of the house or doing something physical- shoveling or carrying things around, etc. My range of motion is almost back to normal, but I'm still at about half strength in my right leg.

The week of Thanksgiving I was finally able to get around well enough to do a little hunting here and there. Since then I've picked up a few things, but my favorites have been Obi's CW Delta ship, the ROTJ Infinities comic pack, the Cobra FANG/CLAW set, CW Plo Koon (LOVE that double lightsaber gauntlet) and Matt Trakker! I know he's a little cheesy, but the nostalgia factor was stronger. My brother and I shared a bunch of MASK stuff as kids and I loved it!

I've caught up with mostly everything I missed while I was out, but there are still a few of the new GI Joe figs I'm still waiting to see. Seems like they came out with 15 new figures in the last month!

Reaction score
Speaking of Plo's silly double lightsaber gauntlet, I'd love to see that used in the CW cartoon. The only use I can see for it is if you trapped your opponent's blade between the two sabers, you could wriggle it out of their hands pretty well... maybe.

Reaction score
Very merry avatars.......'tis thee season.

(I like the color/font used for ~ Neal ~ a very icey touch)

Reaction score
DocBev said:
We got too much for him for Christmas once again and I think we're going to have to put some of it aside until his b-day in March. He's just too easy to buy for.

~Doc_Bev
Ditto! Luke has been TOO easy to buy for. I already set aside a huge Nerf gun set for his birthday in March.

Reaction score
This evening I stopped at 3T and grabbed the new Faie/Quinlan Vos comic set for Mark & Neal. Also grabbed 2 each of GI Joe Blow Torch & Cobra Trooper for myself & Neal.

Remnants still on the pegs including 1 each of the same items I grabbed.

Reaction score
Baltar said:
This evening I stopped at 3T and grabbed the new Faie/Quinlan Vos comic set for Mark & Neal. Also grabbed 2 each of GI Joe Blow Torch & Cobra Trooper for myself & Neal.

Reaction score
Was in Gates Walmart yesterday and saw GIJoe Blowtorch, Resolute Duke & Resolute Cobra Commander. Never seen them before. Then noticed.....the toy stealing turd struck again & switched out the toys with old figures.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
Was in Gates Walmart yesterday and saw GIJoe Blowtorch, Resolute Duke & Resolute Cobra Commander. Never seen them before. Then noticed.....the toy stealing turd struck again & switched out the toys with old figures.
That sucks!

Reaction score
macross7 said:
I'm going to find that guy one day and really put a severe beating on him.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
macross7 said:
I'm going to find that guy one day and really put a severe beating on him.
I've seen his handy work at Hudson Wal-Mart multiple times as well

Reaction score
In no means do I want to defend the Toy Stealing Turd's actions and misdeeds, but guys.... THEY'RE JUST TOYS. Why all the hostility? I tend to beleive that this a**wipe will get his just desserts. Kharma is a mean [censored].

Reaction score
Neal said:
Baltar said:

CLASSIC! HA HA HA HA HA
(I second that, Dave!)

Reaction score
Finally saw the Sarlac in Henrietta today. Nice. Not $70 nice enough to buy. If they drop below $50, I'll pick it up. Probably sell off the skiff & figures. I already have the POTF2 skiff. Not that Hasbro would ever do it but if they sold the Sarlac by itself for $20-$25, I'd pick it up.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
Not that Hasbro would ever do it but if they sold the Sarlac by itself for $20-$25, I'd pick it up.
This's exactly what I was thinking. I'd definitely get the Sarlacc if it sold individually as a playset for $25 or so. But no way am I forking out $63-$70 for the UBP since I have all the other stuff in the set.

Reaction score
This morning 1X put out 2 cases of the new GI Joe wave with Blow Torch, Cobra Trooper, Resolute Duke, etc... Also plenty of SW TLC wave 4, some CW wave 3, and bunch of battlepacks including the Millenium Falcon Training set.

Reaction score
Grabbed Resolute Duke and Torth at 0f this evening
Left the Firefly

Need to start grabbing the Cobra Troopers

Reaction score
macross7 said:
You know what especially sucks about that? About a week ago, I took those SAME figures to an employee and explained that they were repackaged with the wrong figures. Does anybody at Wal-Mart care about doing a good job? It's not the first time I've seen erroneously GI Joe figures I gave to an employee back on the shelf!

Reaction score
I was there again yesterday & I didn't see the figures. Guess someone either bought them or they finally took them off the pegs.

BWT, I found the newest Universe Transformers there. Hound, Cyclonus, Cheetor & G1 Starscream. I bought one of each. They still had a Cheetor & Starscream left. No sense in using code since they are probably gone by now.

Reaction score
Anybody seen the GI Joe Sky Hawk in stores yet? I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be out this month...

Reaction score
82jp said:
Anybody seen the GI Joe Sky Hawk in stores yet? I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be out this month...
I ran across one at a buffalo walmart about a week ago.

Reaction score
Picked up Resolute Duke, Firefly, and Cobra Flint at Webster Target tonight. Left Blowtorch and a Para-Viper. Also finally picked up Henry Jones. Nothing new in the SW section.

I also stopped by Webster Wal-Mart, but there wasn't anything new there.

Reaction score
82jp said:
macross7 said:
You know what especially sucks about that? About a week ago, I took those SAME figures to an employee and explained that they were repackaged with the wrong figures. Does anybody at Wal-Mart care about doing a good job? It's not the first time I've seen erroneously GI Joe figures I gave to an employee back on the shelf!

If you spy one of these let me know....... I'll be there as fast as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.