The Rochester Thread - 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Has anyone seen Aquaman and Firestorm from the DC Universe line? It seems like I may be getting a few more of these.

Reaction score
jediblood said:
Has anyone seen Aquaman and Firestorm from the DC Universe line? It seems like I may be getting a few more of these.
I actually have only ever seen blue Superman from that wave, and it was a while ago. I'm currently courting a few auctions on eBay for a Harley Quinn, but none have finished under $20 so far. It may be too late for figures from that line to still be in stores by now.

Reaction score
If either of you guys still need any figures from Wave 1, the Hudson Ave. Wal-Mart has just about all of them ... and they're on clearance.

Reaction score
I only got Batman from wave 1, before I got hooked
. If I can complete Metamorpho, maybe I'll bite. Thanks for the tip

Reaction score
82jp said:
I only got Batman from wave 1, before I got hooked
. If I can complete Metamorpho, maybe I'll bite. Thanks for the tip
No problem.
By the way ... 1X had about two cases of the newest wave (minus Batman Beyond) if you're looking for any of those.

Reaction score
I stopped by Hudson Wal-Mart, but I must have missed the sale, because they were all full price. But I couldn't get all the rest that I needed from the wave (Orion was missing), so I passed. I've learned my lesson from going nuts trying to find Robin (thanks again, Dave! You're awesome)- I'll buy them all at once or not at all
. Unless of course there's a character I really want, like Harley Quinn.

Reaction score
82jp said:
I've learned my lesson from going nuts trying to find Robin (thanks again, Dave! You're awesome)- I'll buy them all at once or not at all
. Unless of course there's a character I really want, like Harley Quinn.
No problem Jason, glad to help out!

The DC Universe/Classics line is pretty neat

Reaction score
I also stopped at the Hudson Ave WM and did not see them on clearance....still full pried $11.88. They only had Penguin and Demon. and Hal Jordan.

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
BTW, some of you know this, but not everyone....I have landed a new job as a web developer at an advertising agency downtown. It's a contract position that could turn into a permanent job, but at least I'm employed for the rest of the year, possibly beyond.

[/QUOTE]
Glad to hear you were able to get a new job.
Sorry you aren't able to do what you had been doing, seemed like fun.

~Doc_Bev

Reaction score
anyone have a spare R7-Z0 head? I never got that peice and it's the only one I'm missing from that figure.

Reaction score
I've got a spaced head sometimes, but that won't help you.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
I also stopped at the Hudson Ave WM and did not see them on clearance....still full pried $11.88. They only had Penguin and Demon. and Hal Jordan.
Check the Henrietta WM. I saw the Penguin wave there this past weekend. They had a ton up on the top shelf.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
Check the Henrietta WM. I saw the Penguin wave there this past weekend. They had a ton up on the top shelf.
Yeah ... it may have been the Henrietta store where I saw them on clearance. I went to both stores in the same day. After awhile, the stores start looking the same.

Reaction score
Even with Wal-Mart's fancy store makeover?
There's an appropriate phrase I can't quite remeber the words to- something about polishing a turd...

Reaction score
Neal said:
macross7 said:
Yeah ... it may have been the Henrietta store where I saw them on clearance. I went to both stores in the same day. After awhile, the stores start looking the same.
I picked up the last DCU figure at Hen. WM today for $5, Red Tornado on the clearance shelf.

Reaction score
I was kind of sad when Macedon opened. They don't carry titaniums at all. Or maybe I'm just stupid and have never found them there.

Reaction score
Lepuscarnivorus said:
Macedon store has shiny floors to divert attention from their staff...
So this is what I have to look forward to when I head out there on Saturday?

~Doc_Bev

Reaction score
For those of you that have Time Warner's HD service, Cartoon Network is now available in HD locally (channel 1032).
I'm looking forward to being able to watch The Clone Wars this Friday the way it should be seen.

Reaction score
Yes, I watched last week in HD. It is awesome! For the first few episodes, it felt like watching a bootleg.

Reaction score
JediXXL said:
Click here to find out why I've avoided WalMart for the last few years at all costs.
I'd like to get back to avoiding Wal-Mart at all costs. Before I started collecting Star Wars a few years back, it had been literally years since I'd shopped at Wal-Mart. It's a simple question of values coming into conflict with collecting, but that doesn't have a simple answer. I keep hoping that if I'm only buying exclusives (SW or whatever) it's somehow better than not shopping there at all, but probably not.

Reaction score
Nope, you sold out. You won't lose any sleep over it.

Fun fact: Since the Trickle Down Economy has been fantastic it was said on the Newshour last night on PBS that 1/2 of China's toy factories have closed in the last year. It has affected all of the big brand names.

Reaction score
Is that why we're paying $8 a pop for figures these days?

Reaction score
82jp said:
Is that why we're paying $8 a pop for figures these days?
Not initially. Increased prices were due to stricter safety standards and higher crude oil prices. Now that the price of crude is plummeting, I would hope to see toy prices come down a bit. With the current developments in China, I'm guessing that won't happen.

Reaction score
JediXXL said:
Click here to find out why I've avoided WalMart for the last few years at all costs.
Thank you sir, I needed a reason for the weekend to be here sooner.

The whole working off the clock and unpaid overtime is more widespread than Wal-Marts, it is disgusting practice made all the more ugly due to the big blues success.
This video is the one that flashes through my mind upon every entry into the store.
They tout themselves as an asset for a community and when the community is assaulted they have the camera crews there to write down the names of the looters.

uh I mean nerf herders,
Wow doesn't the filter work anymore!
That's it! The infrastructure is gone we all would have been better off investing our money in body armor and shotguns instead of toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.