The Rochester Thread - 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, the (Ares series) Wal-Mart Marvel Legends have hit a local Wal-Mart. I was happy to see that the price was $10 instead of $15. I picked up the 8 basic, plus the two variants. There were still quite a few left at lunch time.

Reaction score
jediblood said:
Unfortunately, I don't have he Clash Of The Titans line...yet.

I've had some of these since childhood, some lines incomplete and have slowly completed over the years.

I never had Black Hole or Flash Gordon as a kid. I've put those together over the last few years.

I had Buck Rogers minus Wilma, which I purchased at a Toy Show a few years ago. I also had Battlestar minus Baltar & Boray which I eventually got on ebay.
Sounds familiar. For several of the 70's/80's non-Star Wars 3 & 3/4" lines, I only had a few figures (per collection) during childhood. During the past decade, I've been working completing those lines. They include Buck Rogers, Clash of the Titans, Dukes of Hazzard, Battlestar Galactica, Flash Gordon, Lone Ranger, Star Trek, etc...

Reaction score
Baltar said:
jediblood said:
Unfortunately, I don't have he Clash Of The Titans line...yet.

I've had some of these since childhood, some lines incomplete and have slowly completed over the years.

I never had Black Hole or Flash Gordon as a kid. I've put those together over the last few years.

I had Buck Rogers minus Wilma, which I purchased at a Toy Show a few years ago. I also had Battlestar minus Baltar & Boray which I eventually got on ebay.
Sounds familiar. For several of the 70's/80's non-Star Wars 3 & 3/4" lines, I only had a few figures (per collection) during childhood. During the past decade, I've been working completing those lines. They include Buck Rogers, Clash of the Titans, Dukes of Hazzard, Battlestar Galactica, Flash Gordon, Lone Ranger, Star Trek, etc...
Did they ever make a Coy & Vance for the Dukes, 3 3/4" line? I thought I remember seeing a picture at one time, but have never been able to find a picture since.

Do you have Vultan?

If I remember correctly, the Star Trek aliens are pretty rare, do you have them?

Reaction score
I did a small toy run today while banking.

I found the Wal-Mart wave of Marvel Legends, all except for Crossbones. There is a packaging variant to the "Scarlet Spider" (which I pointed out to Hasbro is wrong.....this figure is NOT based on the Scarlet Spider costume....in fact, one of the illustrations on the card is of Spider-GIRL! HAHA) Looks like a cool wave though.

At another Wal-Mart, I spotted 2 each of the TFU 3-packs. I did not check the price.

I didn't see anything new SW or IJ, which is all I was really looking for.

Reaction score
jediblood said:
Did they ever make a Coy & Vance for the Dukes, 3 3/4" line? I thought I remember seeing a picture at one time, but have never been able to find a picture since.
Gee gee gee, them that shall not be named!

Why Rick why?

While it's certainly conceivable that the good ol' boys had cousins the less said about them the better.

Reaction score
jediblood said:

Do you have Vultan?

If I remember correctly, the Star Trek aliens are pretty rare, do you have them?
Coy & Vance were never made to my knowledge. Although Luke Duke had a variant, 2 different head moulds. I figured if I got both versions of Luke, I'd just pretend one was Vance

Yep, I got Vultan a few years ago thanks to eBay.

Yep, that's for sure! I think there were 6 Star Trek (Motion Picture) aliens from that set. I only have one, the Klingon.

Reaction score
Lepuscarnivorus said:
While it's certainly conceivable that the good ol' boys had cousins the less said about them the better.
I was a huge fan of the Dukes of Hazzard back in the day. When Coy & Vance replaced Bo & Luke, I tried watching and it just wasn't the same. I gave up after 2 episodes.

Reaction score
This morning 1X had a case of new Saga Legends. I grabbed a few for another forum member including Yellow & Blue Clone Officers.

3T had a few TLC wave 3 remnants including Imperial Engineer & Coruscant Clone. Also had Henry Jones & Young Indy (x 2) on the pegs.

Reaction score
I just preordered the Boba Fett hoodie from SWS. I'm thrilled to see it being offered stateside. I've been drooling over it for a long time now, but wasn't willing to part with the $200+ or so it would have cost me up until now. But $88 seems relatively reasonable. Plus I noticed that you get some free goodies with certain CJ items. Pretty cool!

Reaction score
Lepuscarnivorus said:
jediblood said:

Why Rick why?

We refer to those guys in my circle of friends as the "Scab Dukes", named after workers who cross the picket lines.

Reaction score
For anyone who collects the Galactic Heroes line, 6K had the new Sarlacc Pit and Dagobah sets.

Reaction score
Lukes_Dad said:
We refer to those guys in my circle of friends as the "Scab Dukes", named after workers who cross the picket lines.
I stopped watching the show after Bo and Luke left as well. Wasn't even close to being the same.

Reaction score
Lukes_Dad said:

Nice! Just like the "Scab Football" from back in the 80's

Reaction score
I had no issues with Coy and Vance. I was 7 years old during the season they were on. The show still had Daisy and it still had the General Lee. Like I really gave a s*** who was driving the car.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
The only reason to watch the "origin" story...

Neal said:
I had no issues with Coy and Vance. I was 7 years old during the season they were on. The show still had Daisy and it still had the General Lee. Like I really gave a s*** who was driving the car.

I'll agree with both of those statements.

Reaction score
Lukes_Dad said:
Lepuscarnivorus said:
jediblood said:

Why Rick why?

"Scab Dukes".....AWESOME!

Reaction score
A year or so ago when TNN was airing the Dukes, I watched the Coy/Vance episodes (was watching the entire series). They aren't as horrible as people say. Of course, I prefer Bo & Luke but I never wanted to skip the episodes they were in.

It is funny how the studio tried to get actors who sort of looked like Bo/Luke. Blond one & dark haired one. They even wore similar clothes (Bo's yellow shirts & Luke's blue shirts) but switched them.

Also, how many brothers did Jesse have? Every relative that showed up had the name Duke & was referred to as a cousin. So unless Coy and/or Vance was the brother or either Luke or Bo, I count Jesse had at least 6 brothers, fathers of: Luke, Bo, Daisy, Coy, Vance, & the single-episode cousin that showed up. Also, what is up with them all dumping their kids on Jessie? Aside from Daisy, they all seem to be loafers with no jobs (the Duke farm sure didn't seem to be an active farm). Once in a while they will do some manual labor for the neighbors but the rest of the time, they burn the family's few dollars away by haulin [censored] around the county in their gas-guzzling car. If that isn't bad enough, they keep driving like maniacs (when not jumping everything in site), needing Cooter to fix it or getting their butts thrown in jail & needing bail $$.

Reaction score
I picked up the WWE Classic Superstars LJN Style Ric Flair & Mick Foley, the Watto Droid Factory set and caved in and bought my first DC Classics figure, Green Lantern.

Reaction score
Good scores, Rick

This afternoon 3T had a [censored] load of SW figures including TLC wave 3 & new Saga Legends. I finally caved in and grabbed CW Captain Rex for myself.

Reaction score
Here we go....one last adventure for the INDIANA JONES line!

Here's a sneak peek at what's coming to the CTR Photo Archive this week:

Just in time for the DVD release!

Reaction score
Paul_B said:
Oh man! I REALLLLLLLY want those figures!!!
I hear ya

It sucks that the last 2 waves of Indiana Jones are the best figures in the line, but near impossible to find (with the exception of Indy w/machine gun & Young Indy)

Reaction score
I';ve seen none of it except the two guys with the white robes and black hoods. that's it.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
Also, how many brothers did Jesse have? Every relative that showed up had the name Duke & was referred to as a cousin. So unless Coy and/or Vance was the brother or either Luke or Bo, I count Jesse had at least 6 brothers, fathers of: Luke, Bo, Daisy, Coy, Vance, & the single-episode cousin that showed up. Also, what is up with them all dumping their kids on Jessie? Aside from Daisy, they all seem to be loafers with no jobs (the Duke farm sure didn't seem to be an active farm). Once in a while they will do some manual labor for the neighbors but the rest of the time, they burn the family's few dollars away by haulin [censored] around the county in their gas-guzzling car. If that isn't bad enough, they keep driving like maniacs (when not jumping everything in site), needing Cooter to fix it or getting their butts thrown in jail & needing bail $$.
If you've ever lived in the country, or been related to anyone who's lived in the country, this would come as no surprise to you. "Cousin" in hillbilly just means "don't nobody know who yoah daddy is."

Reaction score
Baltar said:
It sucks that the last 2 waves of Indiana Jones are the best figures in the line, but near impossible to find (with the exception of Indy w/machine gun & Young Indy)
I've only ever seen Indy with machine gun. I haven't been interested in any figures beyond what I have already, but I think I'm warming to Young Indy and Papa Jones. I also want Mola Ram. Too cool.

Reaction score
jediblood said:
I...caved in and bought my first DC Classics figure, Green Lantern.
Be careful, Rick, they're addicting. I love that line. Green Lantern was my DC Classics weed, and now I'm hooked.
And not even all my friends are doing it.

Reaction score
82jp said:
I've only ever seen Indy with machine gun. I haven't been interested in any figures beyond what I have already, but I think I'm warming to Young Indy and Papa Jones. I also want Mola Ram. Too cool.
Yeah, he seems to be the only "peg warmer" of the wave

3T had 2 Young Indies & Henry Jones as of Sunday morning

Reaction score
New Terminator 3 3/4" action figures next year!

Terminator Salvation Toys In 2009 From Playmates

Heralding the fourth installment in the iconic, billion-dollar Terminator franchise, The Halcyon Company's production of Terminator Salvation - debuting May 22, 2009, from Warner Bros. Pictures and Sony Pictures - Playmates Toys will launch an edgy line of collectible action toys targeting kids and collectors. With a strategic vision for establishing a solid action toy segment for the next several years, the initial film window launch will include a full assortment of fully-articulated action figures (multiple scales) featuring new, never-seen-before Terminators; battle-ready replica vehicles; and signature role play items: the Terminator T-600 Voice ‘n' Vision Skull with authentic red light-up eyes, voice changer/sound effects and the Terminator Deluxe T-600 Fist that vibrates, fires and emits sounds. In the Fall, kids and collectors can build their world and collections out with the Skynet playset: assortments of six new figures in basic (3¾") and deluxe scales (6"); several new signature vehicles including remote control and skin peeling Terminators in super size (10"); and much more.

Reaction score
Yes, but I've been reading that the legs that it's packed are too weak to support the AT-TE, so Hasbro is offering stronger replacement legs, smarta$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.