Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
jediblood said:
The_LingSter said:
Wingnut said:

You didnt get the strippers?!
Why the hell didnt you just send them to my place?
Josh and I were bored.
You should ahve come over to my place. We coulda played MINIS.
Is that why the strippers didn't come? Because they found out about your "Mini" Collection?
Right....

Remember, she originally got be TWO. because I couldn't be satisfied with just one! it takes two to satisfy me!
2 + wife would = 3.....

...but 1 console did it for ya??.....

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
Instead of spending the money on a couple of dancing nekkid chicks, She bought me a Playstation 3 instead, with optional Force Unleashed game. It came to LESS than the price of the DNC.

Man that game is so different than the PS2 version. I was drooling inside of 10 minutes. Just being able to rip apart 90% of the environment was awsome.
You seem to be standing firm with your decision.
What exactly does the P3 do?

Reaction score
OT:

So, has anybody seen Robin from DC Classics again? The next wave actually came to my Target a few days ago and I impulsively bought them all (I wasn't messing around with missing BAF limbs this time, dammit!) but poor, poor Solomon Grundy is still armless...
Thanks for keeping your eyes open! PM me with any information!

Also, I haven't seen these at Wal-Mart... is it a Target exclusive line?

In other news:

Has anybody gone the iTunes route and actually downloaded the second Clone Wars episode (and/or the first, even)? Are we looking at a potential winner of a series here? I have a friend recording epsiodes for me off her DVR, so I'll get to see them once a month, four at a time (if all goes as planned).
I was dismayed a few weeks ago when I saw that Clone Wars got a 19% rating on Rotten Tomatoes! Such a lack of faith in George's vision! Let's hope the series proves all those critics shortsighted...

Reaction score
Wow- no posts in over 4 hours? On a weeknight, no less...

Reaction score
I downloaded the free preview show from iTunes.

A winner of a series? I hope so.

I absolutely love this show. I am having a blast with it. I'll be the first to admit that my taste in genre entertainment is... different, but I really feel like a lot of people need to take the bugs out of their butts, and learn to enjoy the show for what it is. The flavor of the month for pop culture lately is dark, grim, and serious, with an extra order of grittiness on the side. Maybe it's a reflection of our culture's growing narcissism, but I prefer my escapism to be light and fun, not burdesome. I'm baffled by the love that is constantly ladled onto the (joyless) Dark Knight, in contrast with the ironclad ripping they've given the Clone Wars across the board. People need to lighten up and smile a bit.

This is, of course, all just my opinion.

Reaction score
82jp said:
Has anybody gone the iTunes route and actually downloaded the second Clone Wars episode (and/or the first, even)? Are we looking at a potential winner of a series here? I have a friend recording epsiodes for me off her DVR, so I'll get to see them once a month, four at a time (if all goes as planned).
I was dismayed a few weeks ago when I saw that Clone Wars got a 19% rating on Rotten Tomatoes! Such a lack of faith in George's vision! Let's hope the series proves all those critics shortsighted...
I actually watched it on tv and thought it was decent. I plan on watching the new episodes for a few weeks at least and then reevaluating it then. (kinda depends on how far they take the humor in it)

Reaction score
Watch the scene again from "Rising Malevolence" where the Battle Droids are venting the Clone Troopers out of their escape pods into the cold vacuum of space and tell me that this show is completely light-hearted and aimed towards children. I can deal with the Battle Droids stupid comments ... especially when they're murdering people while they're saying them.
The show is awesome.

For those of you who still haven't watched it, the first two episodes are being aired tomorrow night on Cartoon Network at 7:00 and 7:30.

Reaction score
Neal said:
Watch the scene again from "Rising Malevolence" where the Battle Droids are venting the Clone Troopers out of their escape pods into the cold vacuum of space and tell me that this show is completely light-hearted and aimed towards children. I can deal with the Battle Droids stupid comments ... especially when they're murdering people while they're saying them.
The show is awesome.
I'm not saying that it wasn't good. I just have this feeling that they may take things a bit too far with some of the humor. And yes that scene was good, battle droids humming to pass the time

Reaction score
Neal said:
For those of you who still haven't watched it, the first two episodes are being aired tomorrow night on Cartoon Network at 7:00 and 7:30.
Are they always going to be shown more than once a week?

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Jeff! Hope you have a great day and that the Force is with you!

Reaction score
Thanks for the well-wishes, guys!

I celebrated with my family (Michelle, Luke, my parents, her parents) with some great Cajun food at Beale Street. I came home to a cake decorated by my 3 1/2 year old, who placed a Darth Vader candleholder on top of it.

Reaction score
Hey, has anyone seen a Tatooine Luke Skywalker costume, size small, in the Halloween shops around Rochester? I've seen a few at some e-tailers, but I'd rather pick up something local for my son, who wants to be everyone's favorite farmboy-turned-Jedi.

Reaction score
Haven't seen any Lukes....mainly Clones and Vaders.

Try Arlene's...they have a small childrens section but a very good variety (but kind of pricey). Party City would also be a good place to check out and "make" a Luke costume.

Good luck .......and HAPPY Birthday !!!!

Reaction score
Happy Birthday, Jeff. Hope it was a good one.

For anyone that's interested, 7D had the Count Dooku and Captain Rex Mighty Muggs on the shelf tonight.

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Jeff! Hope it was a good one....sounds like it was, so that's cool.

Reaction score
Lukes_Dad said:
Hey, has anyone seen a Tatooine Luke Skywalker costume, size small, in the Halloween shops around Rochester? I've seen a few at some e-tailers, but I'd rather pick up something local for my son, who wants to be everyone's favorite farmboy-turned-Jedi.
I would see if you can find tan/cream/off-white pants, a white karate gi, a large belt and a floppy kids hat. That's sort of how I made this one for my youngling when he was 3 1/2
http://www.garrisonexcelsior.com/forum/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=12377

I might still have the shirt and pants you could borrow, and maybe the hat, but I don't know where I put the belt and leg wraps...

~Doc_Bev

Reaction score
Never understood the point of those two guys there. What did they screw up to be stationed there? Being 10 feet from energy strongh enough to blow up a planet is probably not that healthy. Probably more healthy to lick the floors of Chernobyl.

Reaction score
If your employ was to shoot this freaki' mega-laser beam that can blow up planets.....how would your ~superiors~ make sure you don't mess-things-up?? 10 feet sounds good.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
-Straps on Helmet for another Fun Wall St Day-
Your idea of fun alarms me.
The market is terrible, but you have to put a positive spin on things. Everything is on sale right now. It's time to buy.

Reaction score
Once more....thanks to Rick!

The next installment of Flashback Friday features the FLASH GORDON line by Mattel. Based on the animated series (which of course is based on the classic comic strip), any science fiction fan from the late 1970s probably scored one or two of these figures themselves. I only had one of these figures myself, and incorporated it into our adventures as a kid. Never fear, though...thanks once again to forum member jediblood, we've got a half dozen figures for you to enjoy all day long!

011: Mattel's FLASH GORDON

Enjoy!

This might just be the final installment for this feature...at least for awhile...

Reaction score
82jp said:
Has anybody gone the iTunes route and actually downloaded the second Clone Wars episode (and/or the first, even)?
Nontangible technology is like "The Emperor's New Clothes.
It may be more green but there is something more reassuring about packaged product.

Hedji said:
The flavor of the month for pop culture lately is dark, grim, and serious, with an extra order of grittiness on the side. Maybe it's a reflection of our culture's growing narcissism, but I prefer my escapism to be light and fun, not burdesome.
Dystopia or Utopia as long as it is make believe...
Reality is scary.

Jedi117 said:
I actually watched it on tv and thought it was decent.
Back in '78 they aired the hot pop culture on network TV, the thought of $60+ a month tor the cable monopolies makes my stomach hurt.
Is there any reason analog and digital cannot be broadcast at the same time?
AM is still on the radio.
My bunny ears will fly high until the signals turned off, and when all of you are turned into Cybermen , I'll lock the door and read a book.

Wingnut said:
Debate #2
The Old man couldnt hold his trap shut.
Were you conscious at the end?

Happy October 10th Jeff !

DocBev said:
That's sort of how I made this one for my youngling when he was 3 1/2
http://www.garrisonexcelsior.com/forum/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=12377
That came out really good.

Macross7 said:
Never understood the point of those two guys there. What did they screw up to be stationed there? Being 10 feet from energy strongh enough to blow up a planet is probably not that healthy. Probably more healthy to lick the floors of Chernobyl.
No really it's OK, it's "clean radiation".

Neal said:
The market is terrible, but you have to put a positive spin on things. Everything is on sale right now. It's time to buy.
It's ironic isn't it, just when ebay starts getting some real one of a kind items and people start selling off their collections at reasonable prices, very few can afford to buy them.

Mr.Curto said:
This might just be the final installment for this feature...at least for awhile...
No Clash of the Titans?

Rick, have you had all these collections since childhood or have you aquired them more recently?

Reaction score
Clash of the Titans IS something that's been discussed, but not as a Flashback Friday feature.

Reaction score
Neal said:
Wingnut said:
-Straps on Helmet for another Fun Wall St Day-
Your idea of fun alarms me.
Thant's one way to look at it.
For anyone that is upset about "missing the boat" several years ago...it is about to pull into the dock again.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
They may have a big night on the town ahead of them, and are practicing high-tech birth control.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't have he Clash Of The Titans line...yet.

I've had some of these since childhood, some lines incomplete and have slowly completed over the years.

I never had Black Hole or Flash Gordon as a kid. I've put those together over the last few years.

I had Buck Rogers minus Wilma, which I purchased at a Toy Show a few years ago. I also had Battlestar minus Baltar & Boray which I eventually got on ebay.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
Once more....thanks to Rick!

The next installment of Flashback Friday features the FLASH GORDON line by Mattel. Based on the animated series (which of course is based on the classic comic strip), any science fiction fan from the late 1970s probably scored one or two of these figures themselves. I only had one of these figures myself, and incorporated it into our adventures as a kid. Never fear, though...thanks once again to forum member jediblood, we've got a half dozen figures for you to enjoy all day long!

011: Mattel's FLASH GORDON

Enjoy!
Nice collection & photos, Rick & Curto!

Back in the 80's, the only figure I had form this line was Ming. But I purchased the others from eBay & toy shows the past several years, and now I have all 8 (although some are missing accessories).

Status
Not open for further replies.