The Rochester Thread - 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
GREETINGS, EXALTED ONES!

The Curto Summer World Tour is over!

After over 2 months of traveling, I am finally back home! While I was home for a few days (long enough to attend The Clone Wars screening), we've been on the go a LOT this year!

Stop #1: Alec (2 weeks) & Larissa (3 weeks) went to New Jersey
Stop #2: Dan went to Japan (1 week)
Stop #3: Dan went to San Diego (1 week)
Stop #4: Alec went to Spain, France, and the UK (2 weeks)
Stop #5: Dan, Kris, Larissa, & Brett go to Disney World (1 week)
Stop #6: Dan & Alec went to New Jersey (2 weeks)

Now Brett is back at college, Kris & I celebrated our 10th anniversary yesterday (don't try to do the math, it'll hurt your brain!), and there's still a week+ of summer left!

I for one am very much looking forward to sleeping in my own bed for more than a few days!

So, anything exciting happen while I was away?

LMK when the next meeting is...I have a few extra Hasbro SW posters for you folks if you want them.

Reaction score
Stopped by the dreaded Mall tonight in search of the pretty cool Stormtrooper Commander figure that is a pre-sell premium at EB Games for Unleashed. Well, I found out tonight that EB Games had been taken over by Gamestop......3 1/2 years ago!!

And......at KB, they have their SW figures for a meager 9.99!!

How I loathe the mall.....

Reaction score
Picked up the LEGO CW Anakin Jedi Fighter today at the Brockport Goodwill. Just $2.99 Complete w/instructions.

Reaction score
Sithology_101 said:
Stopped by the dreaded Mall tonight in search of the pretty cool Stormtrooper Commander figure that is a pre-sell premium at EB Games for Unleashed. Well, I found out tonight that EB Games had been taken over by Gamestop......3 1/2 years ago!!

I'm glad to read I'm not the only one who rarely ventures to any of the area malls. Much like the vending areas in airports these places have no concept of what things cost. Everything is so marked up. And all those tennagers in the mall. No manners for the most part. And forget about customer service at most of these places either. Terrible.

And God help me the next time I go to the mall and one of those idiotic cell phone kiosek people starts shouting at me to come on over and discuss why my cell phone sucks and I should go with their companies phone. I will take my cane and beat them down to within an inch of their lives

Reaction score
Sithology_101 said:
I heard that earlier. Un [censored] believable!

Guess I won't be stopping there anytime soon

Reaction score
This morning 3F had a good number of GI Joes including HISS Driver, Tiger Force Flint, BBQ & Baroness.

7D had the GI Joe Copperhead 2-pack

Unfortunately no new SW basic figures or comics sets. But both places had a couple of Indy TLC remnants. I picked up Henry Jones for myself and another forum member. I think TLC Indy with machine gun was still at both places, and Young Indy at 7D.

Reaction score
Sithology_101 said:

We used to hit the Greece mall just to check out the Disney Store, which usually had some good sales. Now that that store is no longer, we have no good reason to be there.
We usually make a once a month trip to Eastview Mall, where things seem to be less rude.

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
Sithology_101 said:

I'm glad to read I'm not the only one who rarely ventures to any of the area malls. Much like the vending areas in airports these places have no concept of what things cost. Everything is so marked up. And all those tennagers in the mall. No manners for the most part. And forget about customer service at most of these places either. Terrible.

And God help me the next time I go to the mall and one of those idiotic cell phone kiosek people starts shouting at me to come on over and discuss why my cell phone sucks and I should go with their companies phone. I will take my cane and beat them down to within an inch of their lives

Such anger Alex .
Just hugging the wall usually conveys the point.

Reaction score
Alex ....between your cane and my purse we could make - them - cry.....

....only to pause between swings to ask "can you hear me now"?...

Reaction score
Lukes_Dad said:
We used to hit the Greece mall just to check out the Disney Store, which usually had some good sales. Now that that store is no longer, we have no good reason to be there.
We usually make a once a month trip to Eastview Mall, where things seem to be less rude.
I liked GreeceRidge better when it was divided...... I remember this pole that you'd yell/talk into and a voice-pattern (scribble) would show up on a TV screen....that was so much fun! but, oooh so long ago.

I do agree that Eastview is the ~nicer~ of the remaining malls......

Reaction score
Sithology_101 said:
Lukes_Dad said:
I liked GreeceRidge better when it was divided...... I remember this pole that you'd yell/talk into and a voice-pattern (scribble) would show up on a TV screen....that was so much fun! but, oooh so long ago.
Remember the metal Rube Goldberg-type sculpture that used to be near Sears that would shoot billiard b***s through spiral loops? That was always a 15 minute diversion for me when I was a kid at the old "Long Ridge Mall".

Reaction score
Sithology_101 said:
I REMEMBER THAT!! That was when I was still in college ad living in Rochester the first time. I always liked it better when the two malls were seperated too.

As for the cellphone kiosk dudes, I always ignore them. My problem are the makeup girls that always seem to want me to try out their fingernail polisher tests!

Reaction score
Long Ridge Mall was so mod for the times. It had those trippy sunken conversation pits and that big brown spherical fountain. I miss that stuff. It was greater than the sum of its stores.

Reaction score
Since we're getting close to the limit in this thread, I've gone ahead and started a new one. Anyone want to try to get the last word in on this thread, feel free!

Reaction score
I did a mini toy run today, and while there's a lot of stuff out there that I need, I only bought 3 Indy figures: TLC Indy, Henry, and young Indy.

No sign of the others, and these were the last ones of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.