The Rochester Thread - 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone else have any spare Droid Parts?
Oh and can someone forward me the Codes List?
My Excel file got damaged.

Reaction score
Neal said:
The_LingSter said:
But were there not 3 droids to build this time around? 2 R7s and one R4?
Actually, there's four:

R4-D6

R4-J1

R7-T1

R7-Z0
Wingnut said:
Come on Hasbro wake up and smell yourselves....the obvious solution is a re-working of the Vintage Droid Factory throw in parts to all these droids!
I'd buy two!

Reaction score
I've not seen R4J1 anywhere. not a single part.

I've got his head and mid leg, but that's it.

Personally the thing that irritates me the most is that the two legs for the droid are in with seperate figures. I think people would love this idea better if the two legs came together, like the head and mid-leg.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
Oh and can someone forward me the Codes List?
My Excel file got damaged.
What parts you lookin' fer?

I've got the dk blue left leg and the torso of the tanish R7

Reaction score
Lepuscarnivorus said:
Come on Hasbro wake up and smell yourselves....the obvious solution is a re-working of the Vintage Droid Factory throw in parts to all these droids!
I'd buy two!
I know Luke would LOVE something like that. He's really into the Build-A-Droid concept. Also, he asks me to make up stories about the droids breaking down causing Luke to take them to the Jawa Droid Factory (which I conveniently place next door to the Mos Eisley cantina) to get repaired.

Reaction score
Neal said:
R4-D6

R4-J1

R7-T1

R7-Z0
Can anyone tell me if these droids are actually IN any of the movies? I'm thinming they ar all either EU or made-up droids...but I am not 100% certain. I know R7s are from the games.

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in either of these mini-busts, please send me a PM.

Holographic Qui-Gon Jinn Mini Bust - Celebration Japan Exclusive
Indiana Jones with Fertility Idol Mini Bust - Gen Con Australia Exclusive

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
Can anyone tell me if these droids are actually IN any of the movies?
Why? Is this some sort of new prerequisite?

Instead of a "Droid Factory" how about a Watto's junkyard theme?
They can include all the leftover Shmi Skywalkers and Watto's they've been sitting on since 2000.
Throw in hyperdrive and other junk from the accessory packs.
Pop in a Beru, Owen and Cliegg Lars (It will please the novel readers, al a the Tatooine Ghost story) call it the "Freedom of Shmi".
It will make a great "Battlepack".

Reaction score
Lepuscarnivorus said:
Mr Curto said:
Can anyone tell me if these droids are actually IN any of the movies?
Why? Is this some sort of new prerequisite?
No, I want to know because people have asked me and I also want to know for when I add them to the database.

Reaction score
Am I the only local collector who hasn't seen Clone Wars yet? I was psyched to go and then I got sick and now I don't care. Also time seems to be an issue as well.

Reaction score
Oh no Alex ...you should absolutely go see TCW!!! It marks the new era of SW films and it has a great all-around family storyline. Having a little ~spitfire~ like Ahsoka as Anakin's padawan gave balance to the main role......and she's kept as a strong character throughout the entire film....thank you Mr. Lucas! Definately made to entice the girls into the realm of SW ..... and enough action to keep the boys smiling.

Anyway....take your whole family, you won't be disappointed in the least!

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
Am I the only local collector who hasn't seen Clone Wars yet? I was psyched to go and then I got sick and now I don't care. Also time seems to be an issue as well.
i haven't seen it, and i don't think i care to see it either.

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
I haven't gone yet either. I may not make it for 2 more weeks.

Reaction score
jediblood said:
CaptainAlex said:
I haven't gone yet either. I may not make it for 2 more weeks.
I haven't gone yet either. Some of the reviews kinda scared me away from the theater and are making me wait for the DVD.

Reaction score
I guess it depends on your expectations and what you are looking for... If you are expecting this to be on par with the live action feature films, forget it. It never could be. But if you're OK with clicking off your brain and getting swept up in the fun, then enjoy. I loved it, and can't wait to see what they do with the show each week.

Reaction score
Hhmmm....I didn't know about the bad reviews??!! So after researching many sites, I have found within the vast majority, a common complaint:

It's a kids movie (spoiler content)

IDGI

Reaction score
It's essentially the pilot for a TV show that was shown on the big screen instead of prime time. As a pilot for a TV series, it's perfectly appropriate. I enjoyed it a lot and am looking forward to getting into the series. I guess some people are saying things like "it's not a real Star Wars movie" and the like. Ridiculous. Ethan loved it, and I'd go so far as to say that anyone who didn't enjoy it on at least some level should sell their collections on eBay, because they are now too old to be Star Wars fans

Reaction score
Is it me, or did I see R2-KT in one scene next to R2D2? I could swear that droid was there.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's the PINK Astromech from last year for charity for the little girl.

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
I haven't seen it yet either

Reaction score
R2-KT is indeed immortalized in the movie thanks to Director Dave Filoni with the permission of Albin Johnson.
Read more here: www.r2kt.com (click on the banner at the top of the page).

~Doc_Bev

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
Is it me, or did I see R2-KT in one scene next to R2D2? I could swear that droid was there.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's the PINK Astromech from last year for charity for the little girl.
I noticed "her" too. I thought it was pretty cool that they put that in there...

Reaction score
I just sent payment for an MR scaled Boba Fett helmet from the sale that Andy linked to several days ago. Thanks, man! I saw the piece at NY ComicCon but didn't have the cash for it at the time...

Reaction score
82jp said:
It's essentially the pilot for a TV show that was shown on the big screen instead of prime time. As a pilot for a TV series, it's perfectly appropriate. I enjoyed it a lot and am looking forward to getting into the series.
I'm looking forward to the series a lot, too (in fact, I'm even joining the 21st century and getting a DVR cable box to collect the episodes).

To those of you who have seen it, do you think it would have been more appropriate to air "The Clone Wars" movie as an extended TV pilot on TV, rather than showing it in the theaters?

Reaction score
82jp said:
I just sent payment for an MR scaled Boba Fett helmet from the sale that Andy linked to several days ago. Thanks, man! I saw the piece at NY ComicCon but didn't have the cash for it at the time...
You'll enjoy it Jason! I picked one up a few months ago on a "Nick and Dent" sale with Entertainment Earth, plus I had an anniversary coupon for it, bringing the total shipped to like $32 or so. Couldn't pass it up for that price, plus I am able to display it in my office at work (where I'm not able to display my MR Full Size Fett helmet
)

Reaction score
I received my Indiana Jones Crystal Skeleton in the mail yesterday. The box was totally crushed.

Reaction score
Ok. Have to look for that... unless someone has an extra...

I'm missing the right leg of the blue R7 (left one in the picture on back of card)

The head of the tan R7

The body and head of the blue R4.

If anyone has any parts they wish to donate, feel free. I'll take them. I'm also looking for a few parts for customs.

With the glut of figs in this area, will we see the new figs anytime soon? What droids come with the next wave?

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
Ok. Have to look for that... unless someone has an extra...

I'm missing the right leg of the blue R7 (left one in the picture on back of card)

The head of the tan R7

The body and head of the blue R4.

If anyone has any parts they wish to donate, feel free. I'll take them. I'm also looking for a few parts for customs.

With the glut of figs in this area, will we see the new figs anytime soon? What droids come with the next wave?
The parts you're missing come with the following figures:

Right leg of R7-T1 - Saesee Tiin (Clone Wars)
Head of R7-Z0 - Darth Vader
Body of R4-D6 - Leektar and Nippet or TFU EVO Trooper
Head of R4-D6 - Chewbacca or TFU Battle-Damaged Darth Vader

And though there are plenty of figures on the pegs, there is also a lot of room for new figures ... if store employees (or collectors) would bother to condense the figures on the pegs. The next wave is made up of six figures with each one having a piece of the black RA-7 droid.

Reaction score
in a way, I'm starting to dislike the droid factory stuff. There are many figs I don't want to get just to get the droid part.

I could resort to e-bay to get the whole droid. It might be better that way as it is most likely MUCH cheaper...

Reaction score
SITH_BIZ said:
You'll enjoy it Jason! I picked one up a few months ago on a "Nick and Dent" sale with Entertainment Earth, plus I had an anniversary coupon for it, bringing the total shipped to like $32 or so. Couldn't pass it up for that price, plus I am able to display it in my office at work (where I'm not able to display my MR Full Size Fett helmet
)
This guy was offering it for $30 shipped, so you're right- it was too good a price to pass up

Reaction score
Lukes_Dad said:
82jp said:
It's essentially the pilot for a TV show that was shown on the big screen instead of prime time. As a pilot for a TV series, it's perfectly appropriate. I enjoyed it a lot and am looking forward to getting into the series.
I'm looking forward to the series a lot, too (in fact, I'm even joining the 21st century and getting a DVR cable box to collect the episodes).

To those of you who have seen it, do you think it would have been more appropriate to air "The Clone Wars" movie as an extended TV pilot on TV, rather than showing it in the theaters?
No, it "needed" a theatrical release, it was too well made not to have had one. Perhaps basing intial theatrical reaction on what they do with the series or just to judge amount of interest shown.
No one wants another holiday special no matter how good an idea it seems at the time.
The original Battlestar Galactica did something similar before they put it on the TV, (then decided the effects were to expensive and decided to reuse the same [censored] footage 910 times in the (sadly) short-lived series.

The vipers on that show must have been really easy to fly they only had three friggin button's.

So easy a girl could fly one.

Status
Not open for further replies.