The Rochester Thread - 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
It's almost time for a new thread, so I'm going to execute thread 66!

UGH....what a long few days. I'm sweaty, stinky, tired and there's still a ton of work to do.

I leave Japan tomorrow afternoon....it's been a blast, and we've all had a great time, but I for one am looking forward to coming back...next stop, San Diego!

OH YEAH...I saw one of the The Clone Wars episodes from the series...never-before-seen footage from one of the episodes...it's unlike anything Star Wars you've ever seen before.

Reaction score
The_LingSter said:
Lepuscarnivorus said:
Hedji said:
Why so serious????
Here,here.
If you are into the campy 60's style or the Timmy Burton campyness of the 90s... then yes, those batmen are for YOU.

This is a batman that is edgier, better, and more like the comics are today. you don't see a lot of laughs in the new comics. They are darker, grittier, and much... much better than the days of old where a giant penny is used for theatrical laughs.

Don't get me wrong, I liked those old batmen too.

This one is just BETTER.

I liked the new movie... except that it fell into the old routine that timmie B's did. I won't spoinl THAT for you, but once you've seen it, you'll understand what I mean...

With a Rating of PG-13 with (and I qoute from IMDB) "intense sequences of violence and menace" it is not a "Batman" movie for young kids.......

So, Anakin will have to wait 7 more years to see such things, which is fine by me because by that time he will know enough to appreciate all the original splendor of what it really meant to be ~Batman~. Campy?? Hey, he was pretty hip in his day...I'd take that campy and humble Batman over the "better" one (as you call it)... with his deep rooted dark psychological issues....anyday. This new Batman just reminds me of an upgraded, super-heroesque "American Psycho".

Of course, there were times back then that made you wonder what's wrong with Batman???

Reaction score
Looks Like KB is also having midnight madness. But we do not need to worry, as all local stores have been excluded.

Perhaps for the event KB will take a buck off SW Transformers. Or even roll out a bunch of dusty ROTS figures.

Reaction score
Smoba_Fett said:
Looks Like KB is also having midnight madness. But we do not need to worry, as all local stores have been excluded.
That's okay, not heart broken since their prices are higher anyway

Smoba_Fett said:
Perhaps for the event KB will take a buck off SW Transformers. Or even roll out a bunch of dusty ROTS figures.
Yeah, really!

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
it's unlike anything Star Wars you've ever seen before.
That's a bit vague, Dan. Is it a good thing or a bad thing that it's unlike anything we've ever seen before?

Reaction score
Purposely vague, so not to give away any details.

I thought it was fantastic. BUT I'm an EU fan.
If you ONLY like the movies, this may not be for you.

The episode I saw was very moody, spooky, and pretty suspenseful. We actually have some screenshots of it from when it was played in a preview beforehand and no one saw us taking pictures of the screen.

The episode featured Kit Fisto, another Jedi, clones, droids, a pair of holograms, and a detailed look at the secret life of a major villain.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
a detailed look at the secret life of a major villain.
Dooku's habit of opening a box of donuts in the CIS lunchroom and touching every single one while deciding which one to take?

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
I thought it was fantastic. BUT I'm an EU fan.
If you ONLY like the movies, this may not be for you.
My hope is that the show brings the EU alive in a way that books and comics never have. I'm all for expanding the universe, as long as it's done in a fun way that has the texture of the films.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
Mr Curto said:
a detailed look at the secret life of a major villain.
Dooku's habit of opening a box of donuts in the CIS lunchroom and touching every single one while deciding which one to take?
That has to be the funniest thing you've ever written in here... nice.

Reaction score
-Gasp-
None of you except Nicky and I?

Good god this wasnt advertised enough.
Its a Online Musical Joss Whedon made during the WGA strike. It stars Nathan Fillon (Mal from Firefly) vs. Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie!) in a friggin Superhero Comedy/Tragic Opus Musical.

Good stuff.

Reaction score
Lost amidst the commotion of the Vader and Stormtrooper announcements was this:

I have no interest in the Fleet Trooper, but it does look pretty good.

Reaction score
CaptainAlex said:
How much are the Sideshow 1:6 Darth and Stormie going to cost?
No idea yet, but I'd guess that the ST will be around $90 and Vader will easily clear $100.

Hey Andy ... did you see that they're doing a Premium Format Tusken Raider as well?

Any interest? It would look great next to the mask that you made.

Reaction score
Neal said:
Lost amidst the commotion of the Vader and Stormtrooper announcements was this:

I have no interest in the Fleet Trooper, but it does look pretty good.
Hmm... I always thought the pants were grey...

Those look more like light tan/cream.

I like how they used the octaganal belt buckle and belt boxes though. I still need to make those upgrades to my costume. And the holster and the back vest pockets and repainting my helmet... It's never ending...

~Doc_Bev

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for (and with no luck) the new Power Rangers Legends White and Green Ranger figures. If anyone finds them can you hide them or something?

Thanks!

Reaction score
COMIC CON is here! Well, almost....

I've seen some cool stuff already....but I'm sworn to secrecy (for now!)

IO also finally went to see The Dark Knight and I LOVED IT!!

Although it's a LONG movie, so many great things happen that the time goes by pretty fast!

Okay, time to catch up on some stuff from CJ before I gear up for SDCC.

Reaction score
I thought Dr Horrible was brilliant! I bought the episodes from iTunes. I also thought The Dark Knight easily lived up to the hype and has been deemed "best super-hero movie" in my book!

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
Internet Phenomenon by Joss Whedon
No Minis this week eh?
Minis this week is just simply:

Go. Game. Have fun. no format to the tourney. I won't be there.

Oh, and be ready for GAMBIT FORMAT!

Reaction score
Neal said:
Hey Andy ... did you see that they're doing a Premium Format Tusken Raider as well?
I thought that was Andys Tusken!!!!

I saw the ~facial~ shot (oh boy!) on the MP and thought "All right! Dan finally featured Andys Tusken custom"....but alas...it is still waiting for it's spotlight.

Reaction score
Wingnut said:
-Gasp-
None of you except Nicky and I?

Good god this wasnt advertised enough.
Its a Online Musical Joss Whedon made during the WGA strike. It stars Nathan Fillon (Mal from Firefly) vs. Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie!) in a friggin Superhero Comedy/Tragic Opus Musical.

Good stuff.
They did NOT give this enough PR.... .......your right ~good stuff~!!!

Reaction score
I picked up the four new Galactic Heroes sets and Titanium Cloud Car at 3Q this morning.
Sorry that I was so short with you, John. I was in a hurry.

Reaction score
I saw a bunch of stuff last night at Comic-Con.

Hasbro has a few new SW stuff out...nothing we haven't already heard about yet

Gentle Giant has some new statues and mini-busts, including the Lt. Renz (a Rebelscum exclusive!)

Sideshow has the new figures....which turns out were announced while we were traveling.

The Lucas pavilion is loaded down with stuff. There's a cool exclusive mask being given out to kids....3 different ones. I have the first one already, which I'll show off tomorrow monring.

I'm rushing through the CJ galleries that we still have to feature. There's a lot of them. Ugh.

Reaction score
Yeah, there's been a bunch of new threads about all the cool stuff coming about by GG.

I really like this piece. I'll be buying this one and skipping the Fett Statue with the Two Stormies and Carbonite Han from GG.

Status
Not open for further replies.