The Rochester Thread - 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Heath Ledger had to lose his damn mind and die to truly become the one, true, Joker.
That is all.

Reaction score
Don't waste any more time waiting to see The Dark Knight, people. You will NOT be disappointed.

Sincerely,
Jedi Jeter

Reaction score
Neal when you were down here in my home town at Target did they have any titaniums out on the pegs? They'd disappeared for awhile.
Just want to put out there I plan on going to midnight at TRU so whom would I possibly meet there? Instead of 501st gear I'd be the guy in a Mickey D's uniform since I would just be getting out of work.

Reaction score
TheRenewedValor said:
Neal when you were down here in my home town at Target did they have any titaniums out on the pegs? They'd disappeared for awhile.
No Titaniums that I saw, but that will all change when they reset the aisle for the Clone Wars and Legacy Collection lines. Right now, the Star Wars section looks like a bomb went off.

TheRenewedValor said:
Just want to put out there I plan on going to midnight at TRU so whom would I possibly meet there? Instead of 501st gear I'd be the guy in a Mickey D's uniform since I would just be getting out of work.
I know that I'll be there. We'll probably get a better idea of who's going once we get closer to the date.

On a different note, I have to agree with all of the things said about The Dark Knight. I hesitate referring to it as the best "comic book movie" ever made, because that actually takes away from it. The movie was just awesome. Batman himself annoyed me a bit, but all of the other performances were stellar, and Heath ... well, he was better than the hype.

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the new Batman flick. A very solid story with enough twists and turns to fully keep ones attention. Easily the best superhero movie ever made.

Enjoyed hanging out with the elusive MadPerry and the well known Neal.

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten the SS Aayla Secura yet? Where did you get it? Is it worth paying extra for on Ebay?

Reaction score
For those of you who contributed ARC and Stormtroopers earlier this week...they were all distributed today at a very solemn but touching memorial service.

Reaction score
Only things I'll say about the new Batman Movie is this:

I loved it...

But was also disappointed by one particular section of the movie near the end. (I am a comic book batman fan after all)

That is all.

Reaction score
In homage to Mr.Curto's absence the wife and I completed a twenty-two store uberrun. All chains at Henrietta,Gates,Brockport,Greece,Irondequoit,Webster,Fairport and Victor.
For the longest consecutive run I've ever done it did not result in much:
One Jedi vs Sidious BP
One Serpentor Chariot
One chuckle at the repackaged Joes in the Greece Wal-Mart (thought I'd finally snagged a BAT only to find a Tick figure inside!)
Good job sir, I applaud your ability to [censored] Walmart one $7.99 figure at a time.

Anxiuosly await the Midnite Madness for few reasons:
Nostalgia.
Yarna ,she is twenty-three years overdue. and Bane.
And giving the bird to Hasbro.

I've got sillier things to waste my money on.

Anyone who grabbed the 1st Day stickered items, notice if the datestamp agrees with said stickers?

Curse you Hasbro.

Reaction score
I may be hated for this, but...

I thought the Dark Knight stunk. It just isn't Batman to me. Oh, I can appreciate Ledger's performance, but it just wasn't a very fun movie to watch. I also wonder what the hype machine would be like if Ledger were alive and well today. Bale's Batman draws unintentional laughs, and is in no way a hero you really want to root for. It felt less like a Batman movie and more like a modern crime movie that happened to have Batman in it.

Oscar worthy??? Really? The whole world is swept up in a love affair with this movie, and I somehow missed the bus I guess. Just not enough fun.

Unfortunately for me, I am in the minority with my opinion, and the way tickets are selling, we will be seeing much more of this ultra-serious/gritty fare in the future.

Why so serious????

Reaction score
Lepuscarnivorus said:
Hedji said:
Why so serious????
Here,here.
If you are into the campy 60's style or the Timmy Burton campyness of the 90s... then yes, those batmen are for YOU.

This is a batman that is edgier, better, and more like the comics are today. you don't see a lot of laughs in the new comics. They are darker, grittier, and much... much better than the days of old where a giant penny is used for theatrical laughs.

Don't get me wrong, I liked those old batmen too.

This one is just BETTER.

I liked the new movie... except that it fell into the old routine that timmie B's did. I won't spoinl THAT for you, but once you've seen it, you'll understand what I mean...

Reaction score
I started a new thread, but if you want to keep posting in here just to take it over the limit, feel free!

Status
Not open for further replies.